Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: A few Questions  (Read 1119 times)

Thief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A few Questions
« on: November 19, 2013, 05:22:52 am »

When you process plump helmets how many seeds are prduced do you keep the shroom?

I smelted hematite and lots of charcoal was made how do i make Short swords i have bars and refined coal (charcoal)?

How do i get a steady supply of water at the start?

My military wont Do their training or Patrol routes why?

1,2,3 I ask the Fourth is Additional
Remind me never to leave you in charge of a fort that requires basic math to survive.

Agent of Avarice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A few Questions
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 06:09:11 am »

1. Not sure I don't really use farmers workshops. But I THINK the seed number is somewhat random, and I'm almost sure you keep the helmet.
2. You need to construct a forge, this requires an anvil. After that just create the job amd make sure you have a dwarf with the weaponsmith labor activated.
3. A river is the best way, but aquifers, cavern lakes, and even the ocean work. However the cavern has beasties, and salt water needs to be pump purified.
4. Did you activate the squad(s)? You might want to read the wiki page on military, it's a bit finiky at times. http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Military_quickstart

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 06:36:02 am »

1. You can't proccess plump helmets in farmers workshop.
2. answered.
3. What for? 
but river is okay, dig a cistern and use it.
4. m-a-select squad - put into active.
Whenever i read the "doesn't care about anything anymore" line, i instantly imagine a dwarf, sitting alone on a swing set. Just slowly rocking back and forth, somberly staring at the ground, and stopping every once in a while to sigh.
It's mildly depressing.

Rauthr

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 07:45:25 am »

Most have been answered but I'd like to add a bit on some of them:
1. For Plump Helmets disable cooking in the kitchen menu and set them all to be brewed, this yeilds seeds.
3. Water isn't required for drinking since dwarves are ideally fueled purely by alcohol, but you may want to redirect some water from a river (or other clean source) to a well for hospital wound cleaning and other tasks. (and emergency if (Armok forbid) you run out of alcohol)

Thief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 09:57:20 am »

5.Where do i add No_Eat,No_Drink
6.I have a forge it says No Refined Coal/No Iron bars i have them
7.How do i use DFhack command createitem for alchohol
8.Dwarves wont eat Auroch meat (Spawnunit) why
9.Why did you answer?
Remind me never to leave you in charge of a fort that requires basic math to survive.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 10:03:58 am »

5. I think you can just slap it anywhere, but people usually put it with other creature tags like [intelligent], [can_open_doors], etc.

6-8. Don't know.

Finn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 10:09:59 am »

Everyone is close on the plump helmets.

When you eat a plump helmet it produces one seed and only one seed.
When you brew Dwarven Wine it will use a stack of Plump Helmet and produce one seed (and 5x wine) for each PH in the stack.
When you Cook with PH it will produce zero seeds.
When you plant a plump helmet seed it will grow into a stack of 1 to 5 depending on the skill of the farmer.

As far as I know that is all that you can do with Plump Helmets.
I thought 'complained about the draft lately' meant they didn't have a door to their room.

Thief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2013, 10:14:44 am »

Reapeat 6-8

9.What is Masterwork DF (Really? what is it about)
10.Skulking Filth die at Year 4 right
11.show a map of a great fortress i cant build , s#!%

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2013, 10:23:34 am »

Probably easier to get answers to questions related to the Masterwork mod in the section for it (subsection of the modding section).

10. By that, you mean the kobolds? I don't know anything about the skulking races in Masterwork, but I hear that the kobolds don't survive more than a couple hundred years in worldgen, and I guess since there are more stuff around to kill them, they don't last as long?

Thief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2013, 10:43:41 am »

12.Please why dont you answer the remaining?
13.what is the RAW NAME for Alchohol any?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2013, 10:48:15 am »

12. I don't play masterwork mod and not sure what is up with your furnaces, do you have charcoal?

11. Uh, maybe you want DFMA? Not sure what you're asking here.

13. You should ask the modders about this one, not sure myself.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 10:51:22 am by smjjames »

Finn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2013, 11:31:40 am »

12.Please why dont you answer the remaining?
13.what is the RAW NAME for Alchohol any?

12.  Perhaps some feel the short nature of your questions indicates that you are not really interested in the answers.  Maybe if you put some more context around them to help people understand what the real problem was you would get more help.  Plus, the shotgun nature of the questions makes it seem like you aren't interested in the game enough to look anything up for yourself.  There is a wiki, and the answers to almost everything you've asked is in there. 
I thought 'complained about the draft lately' meant they didn't have a door to their room.

SkyRender

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sky Render's Domain
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2013, 11:36:43 am »

6. You probably have them cached in the task list as "move to stockpile", but nobody's actually done it yet.  Generally speaking, it's best to not designate any stockpile for metal bars or fuel, since forges tend to be very close to where you want to use their output anyway.

7. I don't know, but it's really not that necessary if you're making your Dwarves not need to eat or drink, now is it?

8. You spawned it, that's why.  Spawning things with DFHack doesn't tend to have good results.
Sanity is for the weak.

Thief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2013, 11:45:34 am »

It's A question Game,Or a Post Thread where you post to get your Total posts up :D

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2013, 11:49:13 am »

It's A question Game,Or a Post Thread where you post to get your Total posts up :D

Sigh, you're one of those people aren't you?

Number one, I don't know if you have noticed, but the total number of posts don't show below your name.

Second, nobody cares about the number of posts you make around here.

Third, with that statement, you're looking like a trollish noob. Maybe people won't be so inclined to answer your questions now.

Fourth, there IS no fourth.....
Pages: [1] 2