Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Inconvenient FB.  (Read 1413 times)

Ki11aGhost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Inconvenient FB.
« on: November 18, 2013, 11:42:33 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aaaaaaaaaand my caverns are on fire. What do?

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Inconvenient FB.
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 11:45:58 pm »

Shoot it with crossbows.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_THINK:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 12:22:52 am »

Shoot it with crossbows.

And watch the fireworks.
What would it be like to live in a world that was copy/pasted? Would we even notice? If not, how many times have we switched celestial harddrives or whatever?

Kolnukbyne

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great laziness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 02:05:14 am »

It's composed of fire, so basically any damage will cause it to die. As a rule most FBs/titans/clowns composed of a non-solid material such as water, fire, steam etc. are extraordinarily easy to kill.

LumberingOaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 09:54:10 am »

Shoot it with crossbows.
That and take aggressive fire-control measures. One !!Dwarf!! can send the entire fort into pandemonium.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 10:44:13 am »

I got an FB made of faint yellow diamond that breathed frost last night... everything went better than expected!  But yeah...one hit wonder you've got there.  Just practice fire safety as much as you can.  Otherwise, enjoy the Fun.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Ki11aGhost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 06:05:14 pm »

M'kay, the fire died out pretty quickly, thankfully, and I was able to kill it easy. Thanks, guys. Gotten through four FBs now on this fortress and none have resulted in too much Fun.

EvilBob22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2013, 06:13:50 pm »

I saw the title, and the first thing I thought of was Al Gore as an FB.  (Which made me think of man-bear-pig, which is basically an FB itself.)
I will run the experiment to completion anyway, however. Even if the only reason why there is a punctured equilibrium in the fortress is because I have been brutally butchering babies
EDIT: I just remembered that dwarves can't equip halberds. That might explain why the squads that use them always die.

Axe27

• Bay Watcher
  • Put down the crossbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2013, 06:34:24 pm »

I had a forgotten beast that was made of Sterling Silver and spit poison. He died fairly easily, but not before my entire military lost their sight.
And thus did the dream of dwarven antigravity fade away, not with a massive explosion or a flood of magma, but with a whimper.

I'm going to be depressed all day now.

TruePikachu

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished System Administrator
    • View Profile
    • cDusto (my personal server)
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2013, 10:28:16 pm »

Am I the only one who noticed the steam FB?
He likes Pokémon, composing ≡«☼characters☼»≡, Windows for its compatability, Linux for its security, and Pikachu for its electric capabilities. When possible, he prefers to consume pasta. He absolutely detests Apple.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2013, 10:43:51 pm »

Am I the only one who noticed the steam FB?
Yeah, two FBs in that short of a time? Impressive.

Axe27

• Bay Watcher
  • Put down the crossbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2013, 03:43:48 am »

I just got a FB made of vomit. He shoots instantly necrotising vapors, which I discovered only after watching my military die not five feet from where they had killed him (followed by a healthy round of savescumming).

Ugh. I think I much prefer FBs that have no venom (or poison gas attack) and are just massive insects.
And thus did the dream of dwarven antigravity fade away, not with a massive explosion or a flood of magma, but with a whimper.

I'm going to be depressed all day now.

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2013, 07:46:32 am »

I really like the FBs for their multi variant attacks. especially if it's something like instant death vapors or webs. it forces you to think of other ways to kill it and increases the FUN at my fortress.
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2013, 08:06:02 am »

I was going to say "pour water on it" but you killed it already.  :P

Congrats by the way.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2013, 12:37:01 am »

Most inconvenient FB I ever got actually destroyed my fort posthumously.

It gave off vapour that caused a syndrome that causes flesh to rot away. The rotten flesh would fall onto the ground, into a pile of slop... that also causes the original syndrome... and shoes didn't fully stop it. The hospital got bogged down by Dwarves waiting to have the rotten flesh carved off their feet. The bathing room became the I Want To Become Sicker Than I Am room, and no amount of flooding could clean it, not even with magma. Even rebuilding the room from scratch didn't work, because the goop just got spread around to fast. Building a new room didn't work for similar reasons; the builders had melting feet.

The moral of the story is, more crossbows.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!
Pages: [1] 2