Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17

Author Topic: Kalpa: A Game of Divinity  (Read 20718 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Kalpa: A Game of Divinity (Two Ascendents Available!)
« Reply #75 on: November 30, 2013, 09:06:18 am »

"I fear that I'm becoming much more than a god of fishing, now..."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 30, 2013, 10:18:03 am »

"And I am becoming much less than a god of nature."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 30, 2013, 02:22:23 pm »

And I've become something along the lines of lazinesss...
Crack-a-lack-a

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 01, 2013, 06:17:23 am »

Namq'ua seems to be God of Change rather than Pestilence.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 01, 2013, 07:46:14 am »

'You call it change. I call it pollution. And you leave it up to me to cleanse the wilds, so that a true balance can be restored. You are Pestilence indeed, and of nature itself.'
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 01, 2013, 10:14:47 am »

Teskork shakes his head. "True nature adapts and changes and spins and churns. True nature can be nasty beyond comprehension, cruel, unfair, and yes - even sometimes corrupting. I fear you have developed the will and the agenda of a crusader, and have deluded yourself into thinking that removing unpleasant elements will lead to balance. I find Namq'ua very distasteful, not for his actions, but for the joy he finds in them. His germs are as much nature as my beasts or your wilderness."

The Beast god sighs. "I feel you are casting your lot in with the wrong side. I find Psaras more affable and decent than Namq'ua, and will even go so far as to say he's a far better person, but his actions are rapidly begining to betray the fact that what he stands for could very well be directly opposed to what nature should be."

Teskork looks down on the fishers children and frown's. "If push comes to shove, and it is starting to look like it might, I will have to side with the plaugebringer. This brings me no joy. I know he fired the first shot, and that it is this very conflict that forced Psaras and his to become what I must oppose. Therefore, to avoid, or at least to postpone, making enemies out of my friends I propose a truce. We unite against the soon to awaken ancient, and the very concept of the end itself, to create a universe that is far more stable. Once we have accomplished this, we will have either become fast friends with no will to fight, or at least we will have made a universe strong enough to survive our conflict."

The Father of Beasts raises a hoof and begins to write up the terms of a pact on the either.

Terms:
-All Signatory Gods will make it their chief concern to weaken and forstall the ancient, or to otherwise postpone or survive the apocalipse.
-No Signatory God will make any further effort to spread any sort of plague or pestilence to the networlds, nor will they direct loyal ascendants to do the same.
-No Signatory God will make any further effort effort to cure or fight any sort of plague or pestilence outside the networlds, nor will they direct loyal ascendants to do the same.
-If at any point after this treaty is signed, a signatory god creates anything that threatens a population loyal to another signatory god, the god that created the threat is responsible for protecting the threatened population. This rule does not apply to plague infected creatures within the networlds, nor to the use of plague on populations outside of the networlds.
-This treaty will come into effect when and if it is signed by at least Namq'ua, Psaras, and Feros.
-This pact ends or must be re-negotiated when a neutral third party rules that the universe is stable enough to survive a major conflict between all Signatory Gods and their followers.

"What do you think brothers? We either agree to this or some similar treaty, or make the purpose of this universe a test to see who's ideals are the strongest, acknowledging that we will likely fight until the ancient turns out the light on us."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 01, 2013, 10:48:19 am »

Teskork shakes his head. "True nature adapts and changes and spins and churns. True nature can be nasty beyond comprehension, cruel, unfair, and yes - even sometimes corrupting. I fear you have developed the will and the agenda of a crusader, and have deluded yourself into thinking that removing unpleasant elements will lead to balance. I find Namq'ua very distasteful, not for his actions, but for the joy he finds in them. His germs are as much nature as my beasts or your wilderness."
"There is change in nature, but in the change and the chaos there is order. No thing remains the same, but all things remain in an unstable sort of balance. The more things change, the more they stay the same. So it is, and so it must be to avoid the entire system collapsing in a burst of blood, rot, and death. This plague, this plague god, seeks to upset the seething balance of nature and uproot the civilizations that are only starting to bloom. We cannot condone such actions."

-All Signatory Gods will make it their chief concern to weaken and forstall the ancient, or to otherwise postpone or survive the apocalipse.
((...We know about the Ancient?))

"What do you think brothers? We either agree to this or some similar treaty, or make the purpose of this universe a test to see who's ideals are the strongest, acknowledging that we will likely fight until the ancient turns out the light on us."
"Sadly, we must decline. It asks that the gods accept balance amongst themselves in exchange for death and destruction in the mortal world. I will not stand by and watch the Plague grandfathered into a treaty while hamstringing us all in response to it. Remove the third clause, however, and I will agree to it."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 01, 2013, 10:54:57 am »

Terms:
-No Signatory God will make any further effort to spread any sort of plague or pestilence to the networlds, nor will they direct loyal ascendants to do the same.
-No Signatory God will make any further effort effort to cure or fight any sort of plague or pestilence outside the networlds, nor will they direct loyal ascendants to do the same.
-If at any point after this treaty is signed, a signatory god creates anything that threatens a population loyal to another signatory god, the god that created the threat is responsible for protecting the threatened population. This rule does not apply to plague infected creatures within the networlds, nor to the use of plague on populations outside of the networlds.
-This treaty will come into effect when and if it is signed by at least Namq'ua, Psaras, and Feros.
-This pact ends or must be re-negotiated when a neutral third party rules that the universe is stable enough to survive a major conflict between all Signatory Gods and their followers.
'I will agree to take no further action until the universe is stable, and that is all. Nevyrava states my opinion on the plague fluently, however. And I will not, cannot, prevent my people continuing their purge.
 I will offer that I will no longer aid them with this, at least until the ancient is forced back. That is my term, to take or leave as you see fit.'
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 01, 2013, 12:53:11 pm »

I will sign it. ((We know about technology without ever have meeting it.))
Crack-a-lack-a

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 01, 2013, 01:45:59 pm »

"I would like to start by stating that I believe you are wrong. If anything will bring us down, it's not merely our actions being on one end or another, nor is it change. It's the blood, the chaos, and the death that our actions create as such. It's not as if the universe cares whether we all agree, it's the result of our actions.

And if we stop acting altogether on this, it won't solve anything. We're NOT the only beings who matter, who can change things. You see, the mortals can as well. My children can. Your children can. And they will. You see, they're in a war, and this war is causing blood, death, and chaos. If we sit back and don't involve ourselves, I say it'll be worse.

Let me explain: Last time my Children went without input from me for an extended amount of time... they fell into darkness. I'm still trying to rectify this. The Plague on its very own has caused them to kill. The blood has continued, and will continue to flow if we don't act on our conflict. Except that the mortals will kill each other to the last.

And I refuse to let that happen. As such, I must refuse to sign this pact.

I have recently been doing what I can to stop the misery, the death, and the bloodshed. I can only hope you will too.
"
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 02:05:09 pm by Powder Miner »

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 01, 2013, 01:52:35 pm »

Perhaps use a act to completely change this? Harmony crystals perhaps?
Crack-a-lack-a

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 01, 2013, 02:06:02 pm »

"...What? I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you're trying to say."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 01, 2013, 02:13:33 pm »

"He is suggesting we force the mortals in line with divine artifice, a cure worse than what it cures."
Sig

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 01, 2013, 02:15:22 pm »

'I would meet such an aberration as I would the Plague itself.'

Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 01, 2013, 02:16:36 pm »

"As would we."
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17