Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17

Author Topic: Kalpa: A Game of Divinity  (Read 20727 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: Kalpa: A Game of Divinity (Ascendant Available!)
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2013, 12:16:53 am »

Teskort speaks to the masses. "Those who are willing to forgoe their past and devote themselves to me will be my children and will be delivered from the plague. The plague is the doing of another god, and I will not make war on a brother deity by undoing it completely, but for my children I shall make Namq'ua's curse into a gift. You will draw your strength and life from the plague, and embrace it for power. It will do my children good as opposed to harm, and the infinite ocean will know I am mighty!"

The father of beasts observes those who have turned to him. He didn't have the strength to both save them and warn them of the changes to come. He would mark them then with Antlers, his holy symbol, so they would know from whom the changes have come.

Teskort uses an act to create the Plaguebeasts out of those afflicted who turn to worship him. Plaguebeasts are larger, stronger, and more full of primal emotion than members of their base race. Plaguebeasts all have antlers to mark them as Teskort's children Those bitten or scratched by a Plaguebreasts may become Plaugebeasts themselves. Plaguebeasts instinctively live in packs of 30 to 100. A Plaguebeast draws its life from Namq'ua's plague, and is likely to be positively mutated as opposed to harmed by other illnesses.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 01:02:42 am by Weirdsound »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2013, 12:21:36 am »

The worship gave Psaras power. He liked that. But... so did the blood sacrifice. It was, to, Psaras' mind, a twisted sort of power. A horrid power. A power that disturbed Psaras to the core. It gave him more power than the others, though. He had a use for the blood power, the power he hoped he never again would have to use. Vengeance. He had some scores to settle now, the other damn gods all teaming on him it seemed, especially Feros and that DAMN Plague God! Well, he wouldn't let his children fall. Like they were now. He would save his people, and stop those who conspired to break them.
HE WOULD STOP THEM.
"Damn you... Damn you all! Damn you Feros, Damn you Namq'ua! I shall not simply let this come to pass! I'm going to act, and I'm going to solve ALL of your shit!"
Psaras had a plan of action neatly laid out. A plan he intended to strike two problems at once with. First, he would use the benevolent worship for benevolent purposes, dealing with the plague that had been created.
Psaras uses an act to create the Panacea-fish, a race of fish that can cure the Plague upon consumption of their meat.
Secondly, he would use the blood magic for purposes of defense, killing even. Feros had done much to aid this happening to Psaras' people, and now he was going to protect his people.
Psaras uses another act to spin meshes of wire in globes a bit of a distance around as many of the more populated worlds as he could. These are not true wire however, as corporeal fish and the like can pass through easily- but when a hostile creature tries to enter, the wire is engineered to hook them and leave them to die.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 09:56:47 am by Powder Miner »

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2013, 12:38:35 am »

Gloat. Namq'ua was not pleased.

The people got my gifts, yet they do not understand how wonderful they are. With an extra pair of eyes, you see more. With poison on your back, you are no longer vulnerable to predators. How will these people learn that pestilence is a wonderful two-way sword?

Namq'ua creates leaders among the most affected tribes, especially among the Fisher's Children. This is an Act.
You shall teach your kin to worship me and my diseases.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 06:41:34 am by evilcherry »

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2013, 01:15:28 am »

And I still remain a forgotten god... meh.
Crack-a-lack-a

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2013, 01:28:08 am »

And I still remain a forgotten god... meh.

"Brother, I just don't know enough about your values and goals to give you advice on how to use your powers to meet them. If your goal is the betterment of the universe in general as I hope it is, I'd hold onto that act. You may need it to undo damaged caused by Feros and Namq'ua should they choose to escalate the conflict in responce to Psaras' actions."

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2013, 01:32:59 am »

I'm debating using my major act to produce a massive structure in the middle of the universe that automatically stabilizes the animation of the universe, so my 'Kin' don't produce/consume too much animation in particles. Of course because of my slight inclination on the other worldly morality scale would make it unswayable, so no other god could use it as a weapon of mass destruction.(Shit forgot to add colored text.)
Crack-a-lack-a

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2013, 02:33:16 am »

The Solar Exalted watched in horror as the Wildlings and his people were afflicted by the Plague. He wondered how the ones blessed with the power to punish were being punished themselves. They were as weak as the One's Below. This would not do.

Use Minor Act to develop a special Photosphere to be able to entirely burn a world. Instruct the Wildlings to use this Photosphere to burn a world infested with the Plague. Warn the world in question to offer their afflicted and slay them, if not, their world will be burnt. They have 10 years to round up their sick and kill them.

"I will cull the weak. My gaze shall burn the Plague out of my sight! But not now. I will find a way."

EDIT: Raid worlds that are infected and slay the infected and those that stand in our way.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 05:56:00 am by Cheesecake »
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2013, 02:43:43 am »

Well guys we have made our first ascendant, nice job guys we have a probably murderous rampager!
Crack-a-lack-a

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2013, 06:38:57 am »

"Damn you... Damn you all! Damn you Feros, Damn you Namq'ua! I shall not simply let this come to pass! I'm going to act, and I'm going to solve ALL of your shit!"
'Brother, believe me when I say this was not my intent. My children have made your stronger, more powerful, better. Such is the way of nature. But the Plague has harmed us both more than we have each other. I propose a temporary truce. My children are hunters. They shall hunt the plague.

"I will cull the weak. My gaze shall burn the Plague out of my sight! But not now. I will find a way."
EDIT: Raid worlds that are infected and slay the infected and those that stand in our way.
'My first son. I have a gift for you, and a favour to ask. This Plague is not of my doing, and it is not the natural way. So I beseech you, leave those uninfected rest, for now. Extinction favours no race. Instead, hunt the Plague, wherever you may find it. And that is my gift - to be able to hunt the Plague, within it's fleshy confines. Lead my people in this, and may the abhorrence burn.'

Feros had not wished the Wildlings to be a force of destruction, but of balance. He hoped that was what they would now become. The Light would cull the plague, not the children of the Fisher god, he hoped, and cure those of his children who had been separated from the light.

Act: Feros gifts the Wildlings with the ability to expel the plague from creatures by means of a bite or scratch, and to gain sustenance from doing so as well as the Light.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Kalpa: A Game of Divinity (Ascendant Taken!)
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2013, 06:43:36 am »

(PTW.)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2013, 07:14:55 am »

"Yes, Sunfather. This gift will suit us well. I shall bring the Dawn and wake the unfortunate from their nightmare."

I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2013, 09:54:10 am »

"That... that is acceptable. Though I suppose you should instruct your solar beings to stay away from my worlds in general as... I've taken defenses both against plague and attackers. Namq'ua, you're still within my sights."

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2013, 10:20:06 am »

"That... that is acceptable. Though I suppose you should instruct your solar beings to stay away from my worlds in general as... I've taken defenses both against plague and attackers. Namq'ua, you're still within my sights."
Namq'ua Gloated.
Gloat. Gloat. Gloat. Move along, Fisher-god. Behold, and see how wonderful your children can become with my help.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2013, 11:10:40 am »

"My children are fine enough without your... ruining them! Cease this immediately!"

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2013, 12:05:29 pm »

*Popcorn crunching sounds*
Crack-a-lack-a
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17