Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Dwarves vs Orcs: A Masterwork Twin Succession  (Read 8318 times)

Carsius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves vs Orcs: A Masterwork Twin Succession
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2013, 12:11:06 pm »

Looks like we have enough participation to get this running. I'm ready to start when you are, Durgress.

Durgress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2013, 01:37:06 pm »

Want me to get the embarks going, upload individual saves or just throw the whole package up? Each save is clearly marked, so it shouldn't be too hard to see which you are loading. And if you want me to start the embarks, what do you want?

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2013, 01:56:28 pm »

Based on the reading i've done? Something with cave for the kobolds.  Trees and running water would also be useful.  I will need wood and water in some ready form unles you want a rather short kobold start.

As for embark, choose what you will.  I am preferential to the ogre or rat herder profiles.

Carsius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2013, 03:12:27 pm »

Want me to get the embarks going, upload individual saves or just throw the whole package up? Each save is clearly marked, so it shouldn't be too hard to see which you are loading. And if you want me to start the embarks, what do you want?
If possible, I'd prefer to make the embark myself, but I wouldn't be opposed to you doing it, if it's easier or more convenient for you.

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2013, 03:52:48 pm »

My only question for readers:  Should I write in normal speak, or how I think kobolds speak?  I imagine they sound like goblins in Discworld.

Durgress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2013, 03:54:39 pm »

Based on the reading i've done? Something with cave for the kobolds.  Trees and running water would also be useful.  I will need wood and water in some ready form unles you want a rather short kobold start.

As for embark, choose what you will.  I am preferential to the ogre or rat herder profiles.
The fort is ready to go, download at http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8153. You have the rat herder profile, only problem was it couldn't buy all the changelings, so I got rid of one male to buy another female. You only really need one male anyways.
If possible, I'd prefer to make the embark myself, but I wouldn't be opposed to you doing it, if it's easier or more convenient for you.
Save is at http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8154, just make sure you embark to the exact point shown on the OP (it's the gyazo link, I have no luck getting embedding to work here).
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 04:01:39 pm by Durgress »

Carsius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2013, 05:37:31 pm »

Just a little spoiler:

The Embark Text
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Breaking Ground

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2013, 06:28:31 pm »

Am I the orc start.  Somewhere along a river is fine.

Carsius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2013, 07:27:48 pm »

Durgress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2013, 07:36:13 pm »

Am I the orc start.  Somewhere along a river is fine.
We have a brook at the embark site, do you want to set up the loadout yourself or want me to do it with a pre-made embark?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2013, 07:38:22 pm »

Pre-made is fine.  I'll get to it eventually, I'm fortress-swamped right now, so the pre-set embark would be good.

Durgress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2013, 08:20:35 pm »

Pre-made is fine.  I'll get to it eventually, I'm fortress-swamped right now, so the pre-set embark would be good.
Save is up at http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8155.

And wow Carsius, that was fast.

Carsius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2013, 09:29:39 pm »

Save is up at http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8155.

And wow Carsius, that was fast.

Yeah, I wanted to get it out of my way before finals, which start tomorrow.

Plus, it was the first year. Nothing of note happened. I spent most of my time assuring my dwarves that Racoons were not, in fact, worthy of cancelling jobs over, though they refused to listen, forcing me to drop everything I was doing to activate my emergency militia (i.e. two miners with a few points in dodging and fighting, wielding battle picks) to kill the poor thing.

Well,that and my hunter decided he might be dwarf enough to take on a pack of drakes by himself.

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2013, 10:57:56 pm »

I just opened up the kobold save.  There is no cave on this embark, so the Kobold camp is going to be a bit less interesting, as I have nothing to dig with.

Does anyone mind if I dfhack in a shovel?  I didn't realize the embark came without one.

Well, I'm going to dfhack in a shovel.  Otherwise your entire update will be:

Cut down trees, slaughtered rats, built walls.

If you all don't like that, I guess I'll start the embark over.  Stupid shovel.

Edit:  Nevermind, I can't figure out how to do that.  Let the deforestation begin!

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2013, 12:27:08 am »

Update:  The embark includes a shovel, but my civ can't make them.  How wonderful.  I just got to autumn, and the caravan had no shovels.  Deforestation continues apace.  I royally screwed understanding how clay works, but that is understood now.  RP update will come tomorrow maybe.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5