Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24

Author Topic: [3.5e] Birth of Oblivion- A Disreputable Game Thread  (Read 23920 times)

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
Re: [3.5e] Birth of Oblivion- A Disreputable Game Thread
« Reply #315 on: March 10, 2014, 08:33:50 am »

Orirme climbs over the side of the boat.

"Pardon me, but I am looking for a man named Emriro. He has something that belongs to my family. Is he still aboard?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 14, 2014, 06:12:35 pm »

Slicer gestures to a mook crewman "Take tha wheel. Get us moving towa Rickshaw for now. I might break course for a fight later if the ship and crew still fit."

The Hobgoblin then turns to his remaining officers. "We be doin an officer meetin in me cabin shortly. Raiss! Run me a headcount of tha rank and file crew. Imma inspect tha boat for damage 'fore we meet. Once we know where we stand in terms o' power, we can decide our next move."

Walking the length of the ship on each deck, Slicer drifted off into thought as he inspected for damage; Not having any idea what the creature was, and accounting for its large and amorphous nature, a through check was required. The Oblivion was a new ship to Slicer. He did not yet know its curves and quirks and secrets. She was his though, and that was a start.

Inspecting the Ship for Damage (Profession Sailor):
1d20 = 4 + 8 (Rank) + 1 (Ability) + 1 (Dread Pirate) = 14

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 14, 2014, 06:39:03 pm »

You see nothing out of sorts, but get the nagging feeling there's something you're missing.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 14, 2014, 06:50:37 pm »

Orirme walks up to the one giving orders to all the others.

"Oi! Capitan! I'm looking for a man named Emriro. He was last seen on this ship. Where is he?"
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 14, 2014, 06:51:35 pm »

Orirme walks up to the one giving orders to all the others.

"Oi! Capitan! I'm looking for a man named Emriro. He was last seen on this ship. Where is he?"
You need to wait until the party arrives at port. You can't just magically appear, unless you happen to have something to do that.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 14, 2014, 07:04:47 pm »

I assumed my character had been following Emriro and climbed up the side just now.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 14, 2014, 07:10:42 pm »

"Very well then sir. Right, you lot, form up for inspection! Captain's orders!" Raiss barked, gesturing to the crew with large, simple moves as she started to count the various members of the crew.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 14, 2014, 08:30:45 pm »

Seldain straightened up, confused, looking around, "Wait, what the hel- I mean, what the hells?! Weren't we fighting... There was a smoke monster...?"
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 14, 2014, 10:26:27 pm »

"Perhaps it is a sign from the spirits of something that is to come..."

Contemplate this line of thought. Divine the future.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 15, 2014, 02:54:07 pm »

His inspection completed, Slicer returns to the Captains Cabin and sets up some chairs for the other officers to arrive for the meeting. Officers were dead, and he wasn't quite sure how to proceed - Although part of him was quite glad he had suddenly escaped his debt to the recently deceased psion, he wasn't looking forward to doing quartermaster work in the meantime either, and the thrallheard's bloody end may not have done any favors to group moral.

--

Slicer waits for everybody to enter and have a seat before speaking. "Alright then. We be beginning this meeting with a status report. I did the rounds, an' everything seems shipshape at the first glance. Something feels off though. I can't escape the feeling that something be wrong or missing. Could just be me goin' birdy though...

Raiss. What say the headcount? Did we miss any casualities in the heat o' battle? Anybody else 'ave any observations or concerns 'bout the aftermath o' what we just went through?"

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 15, 2014, 08:55:16 pm »

Seldain hissed low and menacingly, and said, "I find myself distinctly concerned with whatever just happened. Were we under a powerful illusion, or is the bread moldy? Was there really a fight? What happened to the softskin Psion?" He shrugged uncomfortably, and shook his head, "Regardless, I can tell you that the crew's morale is spotty, but still solid. Some of them are talking, like that Arichnae. It's always the women with them black-skinned butchers." Seldain looked at Raiss sidelong, and said wryly, "Present company excluded of course."
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 16, 2014, 11:18:38 am »

"We were just hired by ta dwarves ta look into strange happenings. I know not what happened, but some of my officers be dead or vanished, and I don't like that..."

Slicer scratches the back of his neck, "As long as we ain't on the brink of a mutiny, I reckon the best we can be doing for moral is piracy. Nothing like the promise of money to cheer up scumbags like us. Raiss, we still good on troops an' gear for that sort of action?"

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 16, 2014, 04:28:59 pm »

"From the looks of things, seems that thing only went for us so we're still well off. I'd wager that a rival likely sent that thing after us." Raiss says after she enters the cabin, and takes a seat.

"As for the crew, they're all intact, same with the gear. We'd still be able to pillage and plunder as we please."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 16, 2014, 04:40:34 pm »

Slicer shoots his Master at Arms a look. "We just got this ship. Ya honestly think we have rivals or pirate hunters willing ta send something like that against us so soon?"

The Captain leans back and offers a slight smile. "But pillage and plunder are both good ideas. I be open to ideas and suggests as to where we can go to find us some victims... I has a few ideas meself, but lets open the floor first."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 16, 2014, 09:59:57 pm »

As he flew, Genesis pondered. Did he really value life any differently than his Lady?
No.
This realization struck him deeply. Death had made him realize that dying was not the end of the world. Even his life goal of creating a new world order was dashed, he no longer felt the gentle reverb of his thrall's minds. They had not fallen, he would have felt that.
Bringing the world (relatively) peacefully under his dominion was no longer an option. He would have to bring it under his dominion by fire and sword. There would be no quarter for those that would not bend knee or mind, only the taste of death would await them.
These new views would not urge him to violence any quicker, they only served to set him even further on his path.
He would raise an army and force his new world onto these isles, and then the world. Glancing at his ghostly limbs, he realized that he was no longer bound by age to complete his goals. Maybe his new form would help him in his goals...
Either way, he had to return to the Oblivion, and the seed of his new world order.
His name was no longer Genesis, as that gave the false impression that his world would be easy to forge.
His name was now Armageddon.

<I see now, my Lady. I... understand. What task do you have for me?> He transmitted this with a maniac grin.

In case I was not pretty clear, Genesis is now named Armageddon, who is LE.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24