Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24

Author Topic: [3.5e] Birth of Oblivion- A Disreputable Game Thread  (Read 23986 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: [3.5e] Birth of Oblivion- A Disreputable Game Thread
« Reply #75 on: November 28, 2013, 10:13:47 pm »

((The first had quotation marks, what was I supposed to think?
And as for the second...well, in some RPs, other players *cough*Xantalosistheonlyonethatcomestomind*cough* are a bit sloppy with their quotation marks.

Here's an idea: Put the thoughts in brackets, <like so>. Makes it clearer.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 28, 2013, 10:39:40 pm »

Slicer nods as the female officers enter his cabin, and pours out three tankards of booze. "Exactly. They gave us a mission, and it be sounding both important and profitable, but they sure as the nine hells stiffed us on any good leads, so I intend to be getting some elsewhere."

The Hobgoblin smirks. "I would suspect that the stout folk be not the only ones taking notice of these occurrences. This be the sort of shit that any church worth its salt would involve itself in. With that in mind, I have tasks for ya both. What I am about ta ask need not happen tomorrow, or even next month, but I trust ya two to bring it to pass at some point."

Slicer takes a large swig from his drink, and then shoots his fellow officers a dark glance. "I want to be taking the higher ranking members members of both the Human and Elven Clergy alive. We can interrogate the fuckwads for information on this end of the world stuff, and then use 'em for our own schemes or to satisfy my revenge! I want ya two to lay the groundwork and come up with solid plans for kidnapping such people. Ye may use whatever means ya deem necessary, and ya will have the full support of the Oblivion and 'er crew once you are ready to pull the trigger. Ya may work together, or ya may split the task with the Elf working the Elf end and the Tiefling working the human side o' things. Sound reasonable enough?"

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 28, 2013, 11:22:25 pm »

Raiss picked up a full tankard, speaking before she considered a drink from it. "Plan sounds good for the most part. Would be a little difficult getting one of the clerics of the supposed 'god-empress' out and away from one of the self-important bitch's temples, but it's doable if you don't mind a few bruises on them." Raiss said, taking a swig of the contents of the tankard before continuing.

"But yeah, it is best if you don't plan for it on a short notice, clergyfolk aren't the sort you trifle with too easily and they tend to be important enough to have guards. Atleast the imperial ones, can't say much for the sultanate. Of course, once we're done with them, we can leave the corpses in the other's territory and watch the two powers come to blows over the whole thing. Would be absolutely hilarious, and we could make a profit skimming all those now-unprotected trade routes and such."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 28, 2013, 11:32:39 pm »

Kre!aqil remains silent. He clearly does not approve of this plan...

"Is it truly adviseable to risk the wrath of the deities?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 28, 2013, 11:34:41 pm »

"It's when things get scaly that..."
((And thus, a couple demons were summoned somewhere.))

Scaly
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Scaly may refer to:
something with the appearance of a scale

Learn to spelling before you correct mine, thank you very much.

And I could do the same, but with less bloodshed, and said captain piloting his ship onto rocks, running himself through, or some other grievous misfortune. My mental powers allow me to not worry about bloodstains.

<Ah, but those events simply destroy the ship, or leave the crew thinking their captain was insane. What I suggested would ruin their morale, leading to their surrender and the acquisition of loot with less bloodshed. I think that's in everyone's best interests. We ARE pirates, yes? Besides, if you can do all that, what's the point of having a crew full of bloodthirsty psychopathic murderers? I say, this mindlink is rather convenient. We can argue like bitter old spouses about proper combat techniques all day and yet appear united to the crew. Squabbling little miscreants, the lot of them, except for your... Followers? They seem... Well behaved.>

((The purpose of the italics was to indicate thought as opposed to speech, which was not italicized, but this is a little bit more obvious, I suppose.))
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 28, 2013, 11:36:08 pm »

((I assumed you meant "scary," because that makes sense.))
Sig

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 28, 2013, 11:45:51 pm »

((No, I used scaly because, at the time, it sort of made sense to me that Seldain would pepper his speech with lizard-y euphemisms that he picked up from Lizardfolk. Perhaps it doesn't make sense in common, but makes sense in draconic. Then again, this is in their minds, so we just reached a whole new level of not-making-sense. Language is weird, expect more weird euphemisms from him in the future.))
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 29, 2013, 02:32:35 am »

<Ah, but those events simply destroy the ship, or leave the crew thinking their captain was insane. What I suggested would ruin their morale, leading to their surrender and the acquisition of loot with less bloodshed. I think that's in everyone's best interests. We ARE pirates, yes? Besides, if you can do all that, what's the point of having a crew full of bloodthirsty psychopathic murderers? I say, this mindlink is rather convenient. We can argue like bitter old spouses about proper combat techniques all day and yet appear united to the crew. Squabbling little miscreants, the lot of them, except for your... Followers? They seem... Well behaved.>
<Those were just a few explicit ideas. I prefer the more subtle approach, but I felt that large, explosive examples would get your attention. I could have the captain and all officers go off deck. I could have a quarter of the crew refuse to climb the rigging. I could have some one throw a torch into the powder deck. Any thing you can do, I can have others do.
Mindlink is an incredibly useful power. It has seen the most use of any of my abilities. Instant, undetectable communication with a theoretically infinite range. Use it for combat, subterfuge, reconnaissance, and mentally scarring your friends with moving images of scantily-clad deformed hill giantesses dancing seductively. And for only 35 gold, I can make it into a fancy tattoo.
My followers. Yes. Do you see the childish happiness, those smiles of pure on their faces? Do you see the dwarf, the elf, the human and the half-orc working and living in perfect harmony? Do you see them joking together, dicing, and not fighting like dogs over a bitch in heat over a fudged roll?>

His mind falls silent for a moment, as he turns towards the deck, his eyes settling on his followers. His face grows stern, and haunted.
<A decade ago, a different man pulled the strings controlling this body. A decade ago, he hunted your kind. A decade ago, he helped put anything he named evil to the sword. Then, he died. He gave up. He was weak, and I was born from the ashes of a broken man. A man who had gone mad in his quest to rid the world of what he called imperfection. His concept of imperfection was flawed.
He would have despised me. He would have called me no better than an illithid larva, sucking away at the brains of the innocent. He had no vision. He thought that destruction was the only way to create a better world. He could not be farther from the truth. The perfect world exists, but it is scattered, divided. It just takes the right catalyst to bring all of the pieces together. My followers represent this utopia. Men and women from every background, joining hands to make the perfect union. I could pass away today, and they would live happily together until they themselves pass on.
He would have never associated with the sort aboard this vessel. I do, because my world needs a place to begin. A place enclosed, where everyone will encounter it, pass through it, effect it, be effected by it. These isles are the perfect place for me.
My. I just rambled on there. Hope I bored you, because if I didn't, you're a different man than I judged.>

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 29, 2013, 11:50:01 am »

<Those were just a few explicit ideas. I prefer the more subtle approach, but I felt that large, explosive examples would get your attention. I could have the captain and all officers go off deck. I could have a quarter of the crew refuse to climb the rigging. I could have some one throw a torch into the powder deck. Any thing you can do, I can have others do.
Mindlink is an incredibly useful power. It has seen the most use of any of my abilities. Instant, undetectable communication with a theoretically infinite range. Use it for combat, subterfuge, reconnaissance, and mentally scarring your friends with moving images of scantily-clad deformed hill giantesses dancing seductively. And for only 35 gold, I can make it into a fancy tattoo.
My followers. Yes. Do you see the childish happiness, those smiles of pure on their faces? Do you see the dwarf, the elf, the human and the half-orc working and living in perfect harmony? Do you see them joking together, dicing, and not fighting like dogs over a bitch in heat over a fudged roll?>

His mind falls silent for a moment, as he turns towards the deck, his eyes settling on his followers. His face grows stern, and haunted.
<A decade ago, a different man pulled the strings controlling this body. A decade ago, he hunted your kind. A decade ago, he helped put anything he named evil to the sword. Then, he died. He gave up. He was weak, and I was born from the ashes of a broken man. A man who had gone mad in his quest to rid the world of what he called imperfection. His concept of imperfection was flawed.
He would have despised me. He would have called me no better than an illithid larva, sucking away at the brains of the innocent. He had no vision. He thought that destruction was the only way to create a better world. He could not be farther from the truth. The perfect world exists, but it is scattered, divided. It just takes the right catalyst to bring all of the pieces together. My followers represent this utopia. Men and women from every background, joining hands to make the perfect union. I could pass away today, and they would live happily together until they themselves pass on.
He would have never associated with the sort aboard this vessel. I do, because my world needs a place to begin. A place enclosed, where everyone will encounter it, pass through it, effect it, be effected by it. These isles are the perfect place for me.
My. I just rambled on there. Hope I bored you, because if I didn't, you're a different man than I judged.>
[/quote]

<I am not a man, Genesis. Your goal seems noble enough, but your means seem to justify the ends. I seem to recall that some believe that is folly. I know not and care not. I was once young, also. Young doppelgangers hunt and manipulate and kill and infiltrate just for the sheer thrill of murder, the fear of discovery, the glory of a silent victory. I traveled for many years in that fashion, but I am older now. A little wiser, tempered by my experiences. I find myself skeptical and cynical of all comers. You may say you fight for a better world for all, but I don't think you understand how deep hatred, fear, and paranoia have their hooks in the minds of sentient beings. You will be resisted by the strongest, followed by the weak-minded and foolishly idealistic. And at the root of all your dreams is a single fact: You are merely an Elan, another mind amongst the great many in this world. You are no God. You can never 'fix' the world, Genesis.> Seldain eyes Genesis with a mirthful grin, and says aloud, "But the trying is the best part. No point sitting around on your duff lamenting the inevitability of the status quo."
He's fucking with us.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 29, 2013, 02:58:02 pm »

<I doubt that you understand how deeply I can get my talons into the minds of sentients. Then, I am in position to rip out all other comers. I may be fought by those that believe in flawed ideals, but all can be broken. All can bend.  If you find my perspective despicable, look down upon the crew. What if one of them began to revolt against the captain, what would he do? He would probably silence them. Permanently. I would give them another chance. I may not be a god, but they only made the world. It is up to mortals to change it.>
Turning to face Seldain, Genesis chuckles.
"Isn't that why we're pirates?"

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 29, 2013, 03:03:35 pm »

<I doubt that you understand how deeply I can get my talons into the minds of sentients. Then, I am in position to rip out all other comers. I may be fought by those that believe in flawed ideals, but all can be broken. All can bend.  If you find my perspective despicable, look down upon the crew. What if one of them began to revolt against the captain, what would he do? He would probably silence them. Permanently. I would give them another chance. I may not be a god, but they only made the world. It is up to mortals to change it.>
((And SMITE.))

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 29, 2013, 03:19:11 pm »

((Were the gods displeased by the theist's ramblings?))

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 29, 2013, 05:09:33 pm »

((Were the gods displeased by the theist's ramblings?))
((The gods live only to be displeased :D.))

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 29, 2013, 07:22:36 pm »

<Oh, I'm sure you believe you can control the minds of anyone. It's not that I find your perspective despicable, only pitiable. Tell me, if you cast down the established order and remake the world into your ideal... What changes? How long will it be that way? You think because you can suppress the free will of sentient beings that you can force all to live in harmony? What happens when Beshaba takes offense at your hubris? Do you plan to battle the entire pantheon, from the least demigod to Ao the omnipotent? If so, I would like to know so I can sit back and enjoy the show.>

Seldain waves his hand dismissively, and passes the wheel off to a crewman, then moves to stand at the starboard rail, a look of pure delight on his face. "Nay, psion. We're pirates because we love the feel of the spray upon our face, the wind in our hair, and the last gush of a failing soul spilling across our boots. We're pirates because gold, silver, and treasure aplenty await us on the high seas, if we've only the will to take it and the strength to keep it." Seldain turns to grin his ghastly grin at Genesis again, "I know I don't have hair, but you understand the point I'm trying to make regardless."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24