Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24

Author Topic: [3.5e] Birth of Oblivion- A Disreputable Game Thread  (Read 23968 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [3.5e] Birth of Oblivion- A Disreputable Game Thread
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2013, 07:21:58 pm »

"That is quite a sound stratagem. I bid you good day." With that, Genesis bows slightly in the general direction of the dwarves, and follows Slicer.

To Seldain: We are all on our way. I will brief you once we are on deck.

To Malarea: Supernatural weather, Bone Devils and Chuul. Ring any bells? Any relation?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2013, 07:40:35 pm »

Sounds like some manner of planar doorway. I bet it's one of those damned Lords, always scheming against my devices. I'll have to ramp up my spying.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2013, 07:53:57 pm »

Keep me updated, will you? I would appreciate a heads up if they are planning a full scale assault.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2013, 07:57:14 pm »

Hah, they're always planning a full scale assault.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2013, 08:02:26 pm »

Well, tell me before it is about to happen. Preferably early enough that I can get out of the immediate vicinity, or to the immediate vicinity.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2013, 03:58:43 pm »

Slicer climbs aboard the boat and slaps Seldain lightly on the shoulder. "Ye got the wheel. I'll relieve ya in a bit, but I needs ta discuss some things with my First Mate and Master at Arms first. I wish ye luck an' good winds."

The Hobgoblin enters his cabin and waits for the meeting to begin.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2013, 04:17:13 pm »

Raiss boards the boat before entering the captain's cabin, leaning on the wall besides the door. "Alright, I take it this meeting has something to do with what the dwarves said about things happening in the isles?" Raiss inquires, idly folding her arms as she too waited for the meeting to begin.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2013, 05:58:51 pm »

Standing at ease in front of the door, Surrah gave Raiss a short nod. "I guess we got our hands full for the forseeable future. What's our strategy, Captain? They sure did'n leave us much to work with."
Love, scriver~

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 28, 2013, 07:09:07 pm »

Genesis strolls up the stair of the quarterdeck, nodding to Seldain. He leans on the starboard railing, looking out at the ocean.
To keep my promise, Seldian, the dwarves have hired us to go investigate curious goings on around the Isles. Chuul have appeared on the Fervent Island, preceded by the defeat of a Bone Devil. Furywinds and their effects are truly rampart, and the empires blame each other. We stand on this deck during a historical moment, a time and place where the trousers of time split.
Cutting the transmission, a smile grows on his face.
With the right amount of pressure in the right place, the clouds of war, chaos, pestilence and famine will descend upon these isles. And from the destruction, the new world will be born. My world. Universalis utopia.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 28, 2013, 07:24:04 pm »

Slicer climbs aboard the boat and slaps Seldain lightly on the shoulder. "Ye got the wheel. I'll relieve ya in a bit, but I needs ta discuss some things with my First Mate and Master at Arms first. I wish ye luck an' good winds."

The Hobgoblin enters his cabin and waits for the meeting to begin.

((BLARG THANKSGIVING AND I MISSED ALL THE ORDERS. RETROACTIVELY ASSUME SELDAIN REPLIED TO GENESIS A BUNCH. :P))

"Aye aye, Cap'n. Release the sails, softskins, we have horizon to catch and money to be made! Reel in the anchor and secure any loose cargo you lazy scum shifted about to gamble on. First rotation take your posts, second and third busy yourselves with food and sleep for now."

(What race did we decide on hiring? What is our crew made up of? How many crewmembers are there? THESE ARE THINGS I NEED TO KNOW.)

Genesis strolls up the stair of the quarterdeck, nodding to Seldain. He leans on the starboard railing, looking out at the ocean.
To keep my promise, Seldian, the dwarves have hired us to go investigate curious goings on around the Isles. Chuul have appeared on the Fervent Island, preceded by the defeat of a Bone Devil. Furywinds and their effects are truly rampart, and the empires blame each other. We stand on this deck during a historical moment, a time and place where the trousers of time split.

"Tis all unwell amongst the islands, it seems. I think you meant to think 'rampant' instead of rampart, but the trousers of time is a fine turn of phrase. Times of unrest are the best time to make some shining lucre, when the most unsavory crimes are overlooked for the most minor of kindness." Seldain grins, his jagged mouthful of lizard teeth meshing together in an unpleasant display of predatory delight. "Do you like money, psion?"
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 28, 2013, 07:30:44 pm »

Coin has it's uses. Buying ships, for instance. You are piloting the bulk of my wealth, so be careful with her.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 28, 2013, 07:48:22 pm »

Coin has it's uses. Buying ships, for instance. You are piloting the bulk of my wealth, so be careful with her.

"Ships are easy on open water with no foe in sight. It's when things get scaly that it becomes difficult to steer them. In that case, I believe it's my job to pass it off to one of the combat steersmen and maintain organizational cohesion in the face of adversity." Seldain cocks his head and gives Genesis a wry look with one evil-looking yellow slitted orb. "Which means I yell at them. Unless the Captain decides to take direct command, then HE yells at them, and I join whichever section is doing the worst at it's job, and force them to do better. I believe it's also my duty to lead boarding actions. I've been considering getting some potions of invisibility, so I could slit a few throats and disrupt the enemy command and control system. It would be highly useful in the midst of battle for the enemy Captain to suddenly exsanguinate onto the decks in a beautiful spray of vibrant arterial blood."
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 28, 2013, 08:49:20 pm »

And I could do the same, but with less bloodshed, and said captain piloting his ship onto rocks, running himself through, or some other grievous misfortune. My mental powers allow me to not worry about bloodstains.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 28, 2013, 09:24:49 pm »

...Furywinds and their effects are truly rampart...
"It's when things get scaly that..."
((And thus, a couple demons were summoned somewhere.))

"Ships are easy on open water with no foe in sight."
Kre!aqil snorts.
"Assuming an unmoving atmosphere, of course. However, such an occurrence is of utmost rarity."

And I could do the same, but with less bloodshed, and said captain piloting his ship onto rocks, running himself through, or some other grievous misfortune. My mental powers allow me to not worry about bloodstains.
"And you insist that you are unable to control minds?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 28, 2013, 09:41:00 pm »

"Ships are easy on open water with no foe in sight."
Kre!aqil snorts.
"Assuming an unmoving atmosphere, of course. However, such an occurrence is of utmost rarity."

"And you insist that you are unable to control minds?"
((Those were in our heads. You couldnt hear them.))
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24