Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24

Author Topic: [3.5e] Birth of Oblivion- A Disreputable Game Thread  (Read 23980 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [3.5e] Birth of Oblivion- A Disreputable Game Thread
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2013, 01:27:12 am »

"What's going on? What are they saying? You went quiet for a moment there. I had become accustomed to your thoughts in my mind."
My apologies. I wanted to clarify some things first. They want us to investigate some curious goings on around the isles, involving Chuul, Furywinds, and other strange occurrences. Also, the world might be ending. Try to not panic. It does not send the best signal to the crew. I'll tell you more later."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2013, 04:09:30 pm »

Surely. While we sent a team as per custom to capture and interrogate some of the creatures, they spoke only gibberish, and our team was unable to successfully capture and retrieve one. We are continuing to look into the matter at this time. As for the creature, it was a hellspawn, rather than a demon, and it was reported to be a manner of skeletal creature we believe to be a Bone Devil. The occurrences are rather numerous to mention. I suggest if you really want to comprehend the nature of the phenomena, you should have a look around during one of the Furywinds, as the Karrians call them. I find the best way to understand something is to experience it firsthand.

Slicer folds his hands. "Ya all seem like the kinda folk ta keep careful documentation of things. It may be to our mutual benefit if ya were to transcribe copies of relevant documents. for mah Quartermaster here. It may 'elp us connect dots if we know what has already been witnessed in this affair. When there be no weather, battle, or crew turmoil, he has plenty of time ta read. If ya need time to prepare copies, we can return later; there is not much space between these islands, so travel time be short."

The Hobgoblin glances at Brother Tanthus. "Unless you have any other information or requests for myself or my crew, I will depart here with haste. I'd rather not my crew get rowdy and cause trouble in a place like this. Genesis, I assume y'ev set up a mind link with somebody on the boat. Tell em we are coming back and want to make ready to leave soon. Tell Seldain that he is to take the wheel and chart a course for Fervent Isle once we are all aboard; He is not to peruse or engage other ships until he has left dwarven waters. Surrah and Raiss, I wish a meeting with the both of you we return to The Oblivion."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2013, 04:33:03 pm »

"Very well then, sir." Raiss answered.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2013, 04:58:35 pm »

Slicer folds his hands. "Ya all seem like the kinda folk ta keep careful documentation of things. It may be to our mutual benefit if ya were to transcribe copies of relevant documents. for mah Quartermaster here. It may 'elp us connect dots if we know what has already been witnessed in this affair. When there be no weather, battle, or crew turmoil, he has plenty of time ta read. If ya need time to prepare copies, we can return later; there is not much space between these islands, so travel time be short."
"That will hardly be necessary, captain. If I may have, at most, thirty minutes with the pertaining documents, then there will be no need to waste any more time then absolutely necessary. I can transcribe them myself while we are under sail."
The Hobgoblin glances at Brother Tanthus. "Genesis, I assume y'ev set up a mind link with somebody on the boat. Tell em we are coming back and want to make ready to leave soon. Tell Seldain that he is to take the wheel and chart a course for Fervent Isle once we are all aboard; He is not to peruse or engage other ships until he has left dwarven waters.
We have completed our business, and are departing soon. Slicer wants you to plot a course to Fervent Isle, and then take the wheel. Also, hold off on the piracy until we are out of waters controlled by the monastery. Captain's orders. Note that I may be slightly delayed, I need to collect some documents.
"Done. He should be on his way to the wheel now. If you will excuse me sir, I will return shortly."

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2013, 05:17:41 pm »

((Well, now I have to write several weeks' worth of documents :P.))

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2013, 05:20:40 pm »

(Just give a list of short summaries, and dump the full text on us when Genesis finishes transcribing. Or come up with an excuse to have the dwarves not share.)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2013, 05:24:18 pm »

(Just give a list of short summaries, and dump the full text on us when Genesis finishes transcribing. Or come up with an excuse to have the dwarves not share.)
Very well.

~SKILLCHECK DIPLOMACY~
Choose your champion...

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2013, 06:16:40 pm »

((Well, I volunteered to go memorize them, so I'll be our sacrificial lamb.))

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2013, 06:18:12 pm »

Do whatever it is you want to do to convince him.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2013, 06:35:02 pm »

"Grandmaster, I have no interest in wasting the time of your order copying down page after page of likely unimportant manuscripts. I have an enhanced memory, as accurate as any mortal hand. Granting me access to the relevant tomes for no more than a half hour would ensure that any copy cannot be damaged by wind or wave. We dare not intrude on your hospitality, but would appreciate your permission to view these documents."

Edit: Oops. Forgot to roll: 1d20 + 14 = 18.
What's his attitude towards us?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2013, 06:45:06 pm »

(Sense Motive: 1d20+14=30)

I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I cannot in good conscience give away these documents. If they were lost or became public knowledge, the consequences are unforeseeable, and I fail to see the need for you to keep copies of our work. All you needs must do is report your findings. We will take the appropriate actions based upon them.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2013, 06:52:48 pm »

Slicer smiles. "Very well. We shall be off then. May good health 'n the grace of ye god be upon you."

With that the hobgoblin rises, gestures to his crew, and starts making for the exit.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2013, 06:56:46 pm »

"Of course. I fully understand your well placed concern. What would you say to the idea of me viewing them for a few moments to understand their premise?"

((27 for diplomacy.

Also,
All you needs must do is

What happens when the DM makes a grammatical error?))

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2013, 06:59:07 pm »

Raiss turns and follows the captain.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2013, 07:01:12 pm »

Fare thee well, Captain Slicer. If you must purchase supplies and services, our clerical staff provide free healing and you may purchase any extra stocks we may have.

"Of course. I fully understand your well placed concern. What would you say to the idea of me viewing them for a few moments to understand their premise?"

((27 for diplomacy.

Also,
All you needs must do is

What happens when the DM makes a grammatical error?))

I am afraid my mind the keeper of all our records. It is more readily accessible and safeguarded that way, and I have certain precautions to prevent the loss of information.

((That's a classical dialect, not a grammatical error. Similarly, I don't count Slicer's use of "ye" and "ya" as errors.))

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24