Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24

Author Topic: [3.5e] Birth of Oblivion- A Disreputable Game Thread  (Read 23923 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: [3.5e] Birth of Oblivion- A Disreputable Game Thread
« Reply #330 on: March 17, 2014, 05:23:20 am »

As your mind comes into focus around this new way of thinking, your mind clears and your thoughts focus. The scenes of slaughter which fill your head no longer seem so distracting or abhorrent.

Good, my servant. Now go to the port of Rickshaw. Find there a man named Roger Worth. He will help you complete your task.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 17, 2014, 10:57:48 am »

<As you wish, my lady. I would make haste, but I am already moving at my top speed.>

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 17, 2014, 05:46:04 pm »

(Pah. Nobody wants to RP? Fine. Feel free to continue the meeting if you want, unless the GM has issues with Retcon Style RP, but we might as well push this game forward.)

After listening to his officers speak, Slicer nods silently and produces a Dubloon from his pocket. "Dis coin comes up heads, we be attacking the elves, and tails means the humans be feeling our sting."

He tosses the coin high into the air and watches it land on the table, rear end up. "Humans it be then", the captain declares before picking the coin up again. "Now we flip once more. Heads means we be attacking their ships at sea, tails, and it be their settlements on shore that will be disturbed."

The coin flies again, and again it lands on tails.

"Raiss, have tha boys and girls ready ta storm their beaches then! We be winning blood and gold soon!"

Slicer checks his maps, and attempts to find and plot a course to a smaller Sultanate Settlement that is at least three hours sail from Wolster. The plan is to drop anchor just down the coast and out of sight of the target settlement, and then wait until nightfall.

Find and Visit a Sultanate Settlement ideal for raiding (Profession Sailor):

1d20 = 19 + 1 (Ability Mod) + 8 (Skill Rank) + 1 (Dread Pirate Bonus) = 29

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 17, 2014, 07:45:54 pm »

Seldain grins hideously, and said, "Since we have all the officers here, and since this is the least likely place for any of you to expect treachery, I will reveal to you something that I had not previously due to... Well, let's call it prudence, on my part. I would like to reveal my true self for you, Captain, so you do not think I am attempting to infiltrate the crew maliciously." Seldain pauses, and his features slowly shiver, and begin to reform into the bland, grey face of a doppelganger. He smiles, reveal short, sharp teeth in the jagged slit of a mouth he possessed. "I am Seldain, shapeshifter. It is a pleasure to fully make the acquaintance of this crew. And, as you can see, I would be ideally suited to infiltrating a Sultanate Settlement to scout it for raiding." Seldain leans back, and waits, cautiously, for the Captain's reaction.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 17, 2014, 09:47:04 pm »

Slicer nods without missing a beat. Shapeshifts had to be cautious with who they revealed their secret to; Slicer knew that from experience, and his powers were nowhere near as extensive as a doppelganger. The fact that he had chosen to come clean was quite the act of trust.

"Very well, assuming we find a good place to drop anchor without being detected, ya can come with me then. I be just a Hobgoblin, but I can do some Animal Forms. We get in, scout some targets, and perhaps start a fire or two to distract em..."

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 17, 2014, 10:05:11 pm »

Seldain nods, and says, "I can infiltrate their town, and perhaps cut a few important throats while they lay sleeping, but we shall leave such things to the future. I shall resume my disguise so as to not upset the less civic minded of our crew, if you don't mind." Seldain's face shifts back to the long fanged maw and scaled hide of his lizardfolk form.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 18, 2014, 08:42:25 am »

Seldain grins hideously, and said, "Since we have all the officers here, and since this is the least likely place for any of you to expect treachery, I will reveal to you something that I had not previously due to... Well, let's call it prudence, on my part. I would like to reveal my true self for you, Captain, so you do not think I am attempting to infiltrate the crew maliciously." Seldain pauses, and his features slowly shiver, and begin to reform into the bland, grey face of a doppelganger. He smiles, reveal short, sharp teeth in the jagged slit of a mouth he possessed. "I am Seldain, shapeshifter. It is a pleasure to fully make the acquaintance of this crew. And, as you can see, I would be ideally suited to infiltrating a Sultanate Settlement to scout it for raiding." Seldain leans back, and waits, cautiously, for the Captain's reaction.
Kre!aqil nods silently, almost...bored-looking.
((The Master of Description, people!))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 14, 2014, 07:10:12 pm »

Putting your ship about, you adjust your ship on its course towards Fervent Isle and, wind 'cross your bow, you head for Karnian lands. After several hours, the moon has set and your boat drifts off the coast of the island's eastern tip, where a cluster of a dozen-odd wooden dwellings around a rough wood pier heralds the presence of a Karnian outpost, established to support the Sultanate and its larger colonies with food and timber, and perhaps to serve as a resupply point for passing ships should it become more entrenched.

((I lost my GM Map, so the names of the islands you haven't seen may have changed. If you see any inconsistencies I don't catch, feel free to point them out.))

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 16, 2014, 09:59:34 pm »

Raiss looks across the bow, watching the soft glow of burning torches illuminating the small "Village" that had been set up here. This would be a surprisingly easy payday, especially since the type of people that tend to be the first settled in a colony, it would be a surprisingly lucrative slaving run as well. "Right, looks like they aren't expecting anyone at the moment. We can get in and take the entire place out, and would only take a few moments to dispose of the pitiful curs they call a garrison. After that, whatever is left is just there for us to do with as we please."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 17, 2014, 10:12:05 am »

"Indeed. A surgical strike would be ideal. One issue with that plan, however, is that we do not know which building the guards are garrisoned in."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 17, 2014, 10:34:59 am »

"I'm pretty sure they'll come out to meet us if we try anything, so that's redundant. On the other hand, we do have Seldain if we need to know that beforehand. If anything, any course of action would work well so long as no message got out about it."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 17, 2014, 11:08:19 am »

"The downside being that, if we make them come out, they can organize themselves. Still, we may not have much of an option..."
Sig

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 22, 2014, 10:41:26 pm »

Seldain cocks his head. "Indeed. If you want me to swim to shore and infiltrate the town, and I could do that. If you just want to launch the attack, then I'm fine with that too. 'Twould be fun to sneak into that little port though. I always enjoy a good bit of subterfuge."
He's fucking with us.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 24, 2014, 09:31:09 am »

"Alright, that sounds like a good plan. We ought to have a signal of some kind, in case you are in need of assistance."

((I don't think this really sounds like Kre!aqil, but I've forgotten the "voice" I had for him. Dangit.))
Sig

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 24, 2014, 11:43:38 pm »

Seldain nods. "I have a small signal mirror in my kit. If I shine the mirror at you, then I require assistance. In all truth, if I get into trouble, my real plan is to steal faces until one isn't suspicious, everyone dies, or you lot arrive. Whichever happens first, which is probably the horde of angry pirates thing."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24