Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 24

Author Topic: [3.5e] Birth of Oblivion- A Disreputable Game Thread  (Read 23928 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: [3.5e] Birth of Oblivion- A Disreputable Game Thread
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2013, 02:35:52 am »

"... You a very deranged individual, aren't you? I've committed that insane turn of phrase to memory regardless."
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2013, 10:48:38 am »

Hahahahahahahahahahah-no. I am actually one of the most mentally stable people you will ever meet. I find that code phrases like that are efficient, as they are difficult to forget and even harder to be accidentally used.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2013, 03:52:44 pm »

Yes, indeed they are grim, master Slicer. But come, join us in the Hall. Brother Tanthus, will brief you on what we know.

Those of you who follow Forgath walk through the large doors, which are closed and bolted behind you, into a long, straight, damp passage of gray stone, shrouded in complete darkness. After a few minutes, the passage opens into a large, roughly circular stone hall, fifty feet high at its peak, and some two hundred in diameter. From the top, a bright ray of sunlight streams in and touches a large, polished opal in the center of a stone altar, red with iron.Several more dwarves, some in robes and others in armor, move about the hall, traveling between the thirteen passages emerging from it or milling about and conversing. Your party steps up to the side of the altar, where a sallow, frail looking dwarf in an unadorned pure black robe, with a long, untidy gray beard, and a slightly emaciated, forlorn look, waits for you, carrying a small black-bound leather tome. The grandmaster bows to the elderly dwarf, the guards following suit, then speaks to the party:

Away party of the Oblivion, this is Brother Tanthus, our Farseer. He has been keeping us informed on the happenings of the isles, and the Nearer Planes surrounding them.

Tanthus gives the party a nod, then begins to relate his tales.

Thank you, Grandmaster. As Farseer, it is my duty to keep track of all happenings pertaining to the order, that we might carry out Sinderion's work as best as we can. But enough of such subjects. You wished to know of the Storm, as we call it? Very well. The Order recently received reports through its emissaries on the Burning Isle, on the edge of Sil-Merrion territory, of a foul creature of Hell roaming the countryside. These things happen occasionally as Outsiders find their way through the Planar Boundaries, so we were not overly worried, and our on-site team quickly put an end to the threat. However, as is our custom, I was tasked with as a matter of course investigating the matter, to be sure there were neither more evil forces about nor the sighting was the result of some profane servant on the isle. It was then that I discovered that, despite not being native to this clime, the Fervent Isle, which lies between the Karrian Sultanate and the Free Port of Rickshaw, the area was infested by Chuul, despite them being observed only in the distant and seldom-explored Tropics. After much research, I am still not quite sure as to why, but creatures and strange energies have simply been appearing in the Isles as of late. The best lead I have found is that these may have some connection to the weather; many of these phenomena have been observed days after the periodic storms that sweep the otherwise relatively calm Isles started up. Anything strange in this land is of concern to us. There is so much we still do not understand about this place, and anything out of the ordinary sets those suspicious elves and men against each other, not to even speak of the lesser represented races. Therefore, we concluded we would need to look into this matter in detail, in a more thorough manner than the devoted of the Shining One can muster. We'd like you to travel about, however you might see fit, and look into any strange happenings you hear about which might be connected to this. Return either to Wavebreak or to our embassies on the rest of the Isles, and we will pay well for any information you can give us.

((THERE. Damned invested players, harassing me into doing my job as GM.))

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2013, 04:29:16 pm »

((Yaaaay! Now post MOAR!))

Raiss folded her arms while the elderly dwarf went on about the weather or such, dismissively ignoring most of what the dwarf said until he reached the topic of payment. "I assume the major settlements have an embassy within them, correct?"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2013, 04:52:39 pm »

That is correct. In addition, every isle is home to a small contingent of Brothers, to provide quick aid should a problem requiring our attention arise.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2013, 05:36:34 pm »

Slicer nods and offers a faint smile. "I 'ee where ya be going with this. Ya want Slicer's eyes and ears to go where Dwarves and Holy Folk are unwelcome? Makes sense it does. Sailors see 'n do things that most never get to experience, and that goes double for people in my particular trade. Different we may be; in years past those who walk my path and those who walk yours would have tried to kill each other on sight, and perhaps it will be that way again in days to come, but neither of us stand ta gain a lick if the world be overun by fiends or wild magyk.

So long as ye make good on payment for what we tell ya, and me crew don't object, you have the service of Slicer and the Oblivion on this matter."

The Hobgoblin turns to his officers.

"What say you, my sisters and brothers in pillage?"

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2013, 05:46:49 pm »

"Me, complain about easy money? Why would I do that? I'm in on this captain." Raiss said, nodding.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2013, 05:52:35 pm »

Slicer nods and offers a faint smile. "I 'ee where ya be going with this. Ya want Slicer's eyes and ears to go where Dwarves and Holy Folk are unwelcome? Makes sense it does. Sailors see 'n do things that most never get to experience, and that goes double for people in my particular trade. Different we may be; in years past those who walk my path and those who walk yours would have tried to kill each other on sight, and perhaps it will be that way again in days to come, but neither of us stand ta gain a lick if the world be overun by fiends or wild magyk.

So long as ye make good on payment for what we tell ya, and me crew don't object, you have the service of Slicer and the Oblivion on this matter."

The Hobgoblin turns to his officers.

"What say you, my sisters and brothers in pillage?"
What's your Int?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2013, 06:01:00 pm »

(14)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2013, 06:01:30 pm »

Alright. Carry on.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2013, 08:22:55 pm »

"This course wins my approval.
As to ensure that we cover new ground in our investigation, Grandmaster, I have a few questions, if you do not mind me prying.
     Firstly, did your team speak to the Chuul themselves about their mysterious appearance?
     Secondly, what spawn of the Abyss exactly did your team encounter?
     And thirdly, you mentioned other curiosities. I have heard tales of such, but how much has your order investigated these occurrences, and how much of the pertaining knowledge are you allowed to disclose to us?
"
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 11:10:47 pm by My Name is Immaterial »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2013, 08:36:06 pm »

Surely. While we sent a team as per custom to capture and interrogate some of the creatures, they spoke only gibberish, and our team was unable to successfully capture and retrieve one. We are continuing to look into the matter at this time. As for the creature, it was a hellspawn, rather than a demon, and it was reported to be a manner of skeletal creature we believe to be a Bone Devil. The occurrences are rather numerous to mention. I suggest if you really want to comprehend the nature of the phenomena, you should have a look around during one of the Furywinds, as the Karrians call them. I find the best way to understand something is to experience it firsthand.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2013, 11:26:16 pm »

"Is there any discernible pattern to the occurrence of the Furywinds? Location, time, temperature, anything?"

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2013, 11:53:16 pm »

"What's going on? What are they saying? You went quiet for a moment there. I had become accustomed to your thoughts in my mind."
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2013, 11:58:47 pm »

Surely. While we sent a team as per custom to capture and interrogate some of the creatures, they spoke only gibberish, and our team was unable to successfully capture and retrieve one. We are continuing to look into the matter at this time. As for the creature, it was a hellspawn, rather than a demon, and it was reported to be a manner of skeletal creature we believe to be a Bone Devil. The occurrences are rather numerous to mention. I suggest if you really want to comprehend the nature of the phenomena, you should have a look around during one of the Furywinds, as the Karrians call them. I find the best way to understand something is to experience it firsthand.
"And you were unable to locate a single individual capable of speaking Infernal?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 24