Option 2
- 11 (33.3%)
Option 3
- 5 (15.2%)
Option 4
- 10 (30.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 134

Author Topic: The Derail Games: A game of Awesome Chess.  (Read 168103 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Derail Games: It was inevitable.
« Reply #1695 on: August 01, 2014, 07:38:17 pm »

Sir Barbacus moves one space south. PH-408b moves five north.

Sir Barbacus attempts to inflict follicle stimulations on PH-408b. [5]PH-408's hair grows!

############
#..........#
#..........#
#.....@....#
#..........#
#..........#
#....@.....#
#..........#
#..........#
#..........#
#..........#
#..........#
#..........#
############

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: August 01, 2014, 07:49:07 pm »

I'm confused. Isn't south usually down?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: August 01, 2014, 07:52:21 pm »

I'm confused. Isn't south usually down?
Yes. You're red.

You actually started out one space south from what was shown in the second picture (GM error). If you want to change your move, I can fix things.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: August 01, 2014, 08:03:11 pm »

Paralyse Sir Barbacus, move two north, and attack with hatchet.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: August 01, 2014, 08:33:31 pm »

Sorry, my brain forgot how to work. Don't change anything, this is fine.
Make his hair grow more! attack with sword!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 11:38:21 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: August 01, 2014, 08:35:13 pm »

Alright, note to self, never do something like that at night, seven hours of sleep means it's going to be buried under 50 other posts, but since I'm trying t get over my stress problems, I'll continue unimpeded with two people, even though you guys have probably forgotten about the idea at all.
Two applicants acceptable, please, come through the door of the IGO foundation, and welcome to the Gourmet age.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So, Toriko, it's a anime series, recently ended (and manga, still going) that's about a world with food everywhere, so much in fact most of the world revolves around it, melon eggs, electric bananas, coffefevers and a giraffe with a pinwheel tail that randomly makes spots on its body turn into top notch hard candy, literally anything you can imagine of a food exists in this land and it's up to you guys, as food hunters, to capture that food.
But you are far too low levelled to capture any ingredients above level 10, which is still massive though as any creature at that level needs tanks to capture it, while monsters in gourmet world (not gonna tell you) can get into the thousands in capture levels, and not just in strength, keep in mind.

This is why you guys get so much business here.
Any-who, as any story starts, you begin in a bar, filled with food hunters, and this bar is the very place where you will get all of your missions, and gain info on certain creatures, techniques, history and items so it's basically your hub of sorts.

And this is where we begin, with the two of you in this for once near deserted bar for once, with the boss of the establishment happily cleaning all of those glasses, you spot one solitary mission on the board, doesn't pay much, but it seems pretty easy anyway:

FOR THE PRIZE OF 102589 YEN, YOUR JOB WILL BE TO CAPTURE THE COFFEFEVER, ALIVE AND HEALTHY.
PLEASE ASK THE BOSS OF THIS ESTABLISHMENT FOR MORE INFORMATION IF YOU ARE LACKING.
DO YOU ACCEPT?
Y/N?[/size]

The small blinking button of yes or no glows softly, but with noone else around, this mission will be pretty easy, but still for not much money.
The barman briefly looks up at the two of you staring at the board and tells you before you ask.
A coffever is a tree that's a lot like a normal coffee tree except that whenever it's contents are ripe, thousands upon thousands of coffee seeds fall down into the trees pouch and comes out at the bottom of its hollow trunk in a veritable swarm of coffee seeds, the coffee seeds themselves aren't the best quality, but the sheer number of them more than makes up for it, a small food establishment probably wants the tree to make some basic quality coffee cause the tree certainly helps cut down on expenses.
So, will you take it?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: August 01, 2014, 08:35:36 pm »

Make his hair grow more!
Move south four!
Block with shield, attack with sword!

Two actions per turn. The shield is passive; you don't need to use it.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: August 01, 2014, 10:37:49 pm »

Make his hair grow more!
Move south four!
Block with shield, attack with sword!

I wonder what a 6 on hair growing will be. Maybe an itchy neck?

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: August 01, 2014, 11:42:31 pm »

Trimmed my action for EP's game.

Dumbo.exe:
Yes.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: August 02, 2014, 12:23:13 am »

As another note, favourite food means that that type of food upgrades your gourmet cells the most.
So good luck finding nails coated in cyanide!:
He nods and then turns his attention to the other man in the room.
you with him?
Alan help.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: August 02, 2014, 12:31:57 am »

Dumbo.exe: Yes
"Yeah. I am. Just thinking about it."

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: August 02, 2014, 12:43:32 am »

Right, well, just because I'm soft on newbies, I'll give you these locators-He puts down two of what look like wrist mounted watches without the hands so you know where to go at all time, and good luck.

The second you put the locators on, they immediately emit a loud beep and start showing a small green arrow on the outer edge of the face, along with a number which should correspond to the distance, of course.
Anything else you want to know before you go?
Alan help.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: August 02, 2014, 12:50:29 am »

"Umm... is the fourth wall commonly broken? Anyways, this is basically Pokémon with food, right?"

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: August 02, 2014, 01:42:57 am »

It has been resurrected. Somehow I got important again.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: August 02, 2014, 01:44:21 am »

Fourth wall? About as much as you need it to be, and yes, it is basically pokemon with food, and keep in mind here that all of the creatures you see are made up and are from the anime, other rules will be named as you go along, now if both of you have nothing else to ask, you can go.

Once you leave the bar, outside is a dirty taxi with a bored driver and dirty seats.
Well, the barkeep certainly wasn't kidding when he said small establishment.
In any case, after a couple of bumpy hours, you arrive at where you are supposed to be, called the free forest, mostly named because of its basic food chain, no rainbow patterned pyjama scorpions here, no sir.

Your trackers show you to be going roughly southwest, and there doesn't seem to be much in the way.
Also, NEW RULES TIME:
All actions take stamina, which is tied to your endurance and basic skill level, stamina is rapidly regained by eating good food which also helps upgrade your 'power level', your power level is basically what number you roll at, right now at neutral, I roll a D6 for combat, but at power level 5 for example, you gain a 1+ to rolls in combat! while at power level Ten I start to roll with a D10, and every three levels plus, you get a 1+ To the rolls on the D10, and then at 25 I switch to a D20 with every 2 levels gaining a 1+, and so on.
Now this seems complex, but most of it will be done under the hood so don't worry about it.
And on that note:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((On that note, the powers you pick aren't specific, so Alev, I'm going to change external poison coating to poison control, as well as giving you the ability to assimilate poisons and use them, this also gives you a massive bonus to surviving poisons of all kinds.))
Alan help.
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 134