Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Dictatorchen (Sign-Up: Some people applied, more can, but only 4 will get in)  (Read 2806 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Europe. For a thousand years, countries have moved and bashed into each others like tectonic plates on speed. Unsurprisingly, pieces sometime broke off. Monaco, Andorra, Liechtenstein and others started drifting along History, making a living as tourists traps with antiquated governments.

But we're in 1933 and things are changing. In Germany, a new government led by a charismatic Chancellor, Adolf Hitler is promising to shake things up and give the country a future, following the example of Mussolini in Italy. Japan is invading Manchuria, showing everyone what the way to greatness is. Meanwhile in the USSR, General Secretary Jugashvili, better known by his nom de guerre Stalin is asserting his power, famishing millions to wipe out the last strains of opposition.

It is a time of strong men leading strong state, and you do intend to follow those great men's path. It is time to lead your fleck of a nation to glory.

Spoiler: What is this? (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sign-Up Sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rules (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 11:04:51 am by Sheb »

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Dictatorchen (Sign-Up: 0/4)
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 12:28:37 pm »

(Reserved)

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 12:33:30 pm »

Reserve.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 12:37:37 pm »

You know there isn't much point in reserving since it's not on a first-come first-served basis. :p

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2013, 12:42:57 pm »

I know. Still, just in case.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2013, 01:05:15 pm »

Spoiler: The PDLR (click to show/hide)
Did I misunderstand anything?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2013, 01:15:59 pm »

I found the map on google, apparently from a website for 8t grade material, although not the one you linked.

I was expecting fictional countries, but Luxemburg is okay. As for the ethnicity... Well, it'd be Luxemburgian in your case. It's mostly useful to know how Nazi Germany will approach you. A small communist country of ethnic german on Germany's borders won't last long.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2013, 01:17:53 pm »

We'll see about that, Fuhrer. People will have said much the same about Finland, but they'll be--wait, Finland's the one that didn't lose to the Soviet Union, right? Um, will not have? Or is it would not have?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2013, 01:26:31 pm »

Oh, so we don't get guaranteed spots.

Anyway, do we have to stay on said map. It's a little small, I mean, it doesn't even have the entirety of Europe on it. (Also, I kind of liked having fictional locations. But anyway. No uranium mines for me.)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2013, 01:28:39 pm »

Well, if you want to be somewhere else, feel free, bur provide your own map. Also, you might miss most of the action.

As for garanteed spots... Well, I didn't want more than 4 players, so I decided to be arbitrary.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2013, 01:40:29 pm »

Spoiler: A sheet of the Sign-Up (click to show/hide)

huzzah

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2013, 01:55:22 pm »

Country Name: (The Glorious People's Republic Ruled By An Equally Glorious State Of Glorious) Tejekov.
Ideology: Communist
Party Name: The Secret Police
Leader Name: The Glorious Leader.
How did you come to power (Optional): Careful manipulation and blackmail of key figures within Tejekov. Tejekov is technically part of the Soviet Union, but the Glorious Leader has a lot of power.
Major Ethnicity in Country: Tejekovan. Mix of Russian, Belarussian, and Ukrainian features. Most distinctive feature is the Tejekovan accent, which sounds like someone trying to do a very bad Russian accent.
Spoiler: Location (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 04:18:14 pm by Fniff »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2013, 03:41:30 pm »

I'm not entirely sure whether I'll post a sheet or not, but at the very least I'll PTW to scrutinize the historical details.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2013, 04:29:25 pm »

Feel free to comment and correct on them.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2013, 10:42:25 am »

Sorry for the double post, just something to say this ain't dead, I'm just refining the combat rules some more.

Pages: [1] 2