Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: [ITERU][r009] Progress & Discussion [WIP]  (Read 7679 times)

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
Re: [ITERU][r008] Progress & Discussion [WIP]
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2013, 08:32:34 pm »

I forgot, its online. ^^

[POSITION:WARLORD] => Lacking SQUAD. Same for the Dreadlord and Battlelord... or arent they supposed to be squad leaders? And [POSITION:GODCHOSEN] exists twice.

All in all they look a lot like the dwarven ones, with more awesome names. :)

Basically just copying the human ones and giving them a better name, and making some tweaks to make things more fitting for example more tomb requirements and special burials for more people, male only in most positions, etc. Though I am thinking of making this an all 'male' race, and have two castes of males, one of them being the birthing caste by shearing pieces of their soul into a new copy or something. In terms of the battle lords, they're copied from the General/lieutenant/captain ranks of humans, and they didn't have troops. I'm pretty sure they're not on site positions, but rather appear in legends only. The copy at the end is I just didn't finish the second one before deciding to take a break. That's going to be a god warrior or something.

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2013, 08:45:45 pm »

Though I am thinking of making this an all 'male' race, and have two castes of males, one of them being the birthing caste by shearing pieces of their soul into a new copy or something.

Does this mean same-sex marriage is finally coming to Dwarf Fortress? Because I'd be all for that. :D

~ T

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2013, 08:58:02 pm »

Though I am thinking of making this an all 'male' race, and have two castes of males, one of them being the birthing caste by shearing pieces of their soul into a new copy or something.

Does this mean same-sex marriage is finally coming to Dwarf Fortress? Because I'd be all for that. :D

~ T

If you call that marriage then sure, lol

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2013, 09:14:42 pm »

I guess it will work in fort mode, but the civ will die out in worldgen. And the new copies (I assume you would use spawnunit) could not be used for nobles or military.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2013, 09:29:40 pm »

I guess it will work in fort mode, but the civ will die out in worldgen. And the new copies (I assume you would use spawnunit) could not be used for nobles or military.

It would effectively be a 'female' to fix those matters, but not really at all. The births will work like children who grow up real fast.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2013, 10:54:14 pm »

Ah, so they have the FEMALE tag? The unit description will call her a she then. "She is hungry. She is blablabla"...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2014, 06:38:54 pm »

After taking a break through Jan, I'm easing back into this, hopefully to get piece by piece done around my schoolwork. Looked around trying to remember what was going on and finished all the entity jobs. I'll map them all out with descriptions soon enough.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ITERU][r009] Progress & Discussion [WIP]
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2014, 11:36:45 pm »

Throwing in the towel on this one, lost my mood to delve into this stuff lately, and its just too similar to warlock stuff even though it isn't at the same time.
Pages: 1 2 [3]