Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Torchbridge - Last Gasp in the North (RP Succession, Overseers Wanted)  (Read 7104 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Torchbridge - Last Gasp in the North (RP Succession, Overseers Wanted)
« Reply #60 on: November 23, 2013, 07:17:57 pm »

1 Granite
Hello diary!  I just learned about this thing called paper, and from now on that is what you will be.  Welcome to the fabulous fortress of Torchbridge, which is now a thriving community!  We have many dwarfs.  I counted seven counts of my fingers plus two.  Wait, myself.  Plus three.  Amazing, diary!
Grenvis said he was stepping down, but I know he was just joking, haha!  He’s such a kidder!  But the other dwarfs don’t seem to think that.  It was obviously a joke, guys.  Just between you and me, I think most of the dwarfs in the fortress are a little slow in the head.  Except Grenvis, of course: he’s really smart!
Anyway, that’s all for now, diary!  I’ve got to get back to mining or Grenvis won’t be happy with me.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 23, 2013, 08:31:17 pm »

2 Granite
Ooh!  I wonder what this lever does!
Cool!  It lowers the trade drawbridge!  If I ever get off mining, I might explore our surroundings!
3 Granite
Wait… where are you all running off to?  What’s going on?
You, military guy, what’s wrong?
12 Granite
Tragedy, diary!  Goblins were lurking around the fortress.  We lost almost all of our main military squad to them, along with their children, many dogs, and several other workers.  How do they know where we are?  It’s only a matter of time before the king finds out.  Oh dear…
12 Slate
I hear we have migrants!  This is fantastic news!  The only remaining military guy says he’s going to see if any of them have a talent with weapons.  Cool!
22 Slate
Wow!  Apparently the masons were really frightened by the attack!  They are working on a big project, I can’t wait to see what becomes of it!
28 Felsite
More ambushes, diary.  More military dwarfs killed, including the survivor from last time.  Why can’t they just be peaceful like we want to be?  Why, diary?  Why!?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2013, 11:32:31 am »

Sorry bleaktea, you got blood drained by our mayor.  Who I know is the vampire by using one of the more unfair techiniques, but you know what, the fact that he became mayor is a good indicator.
9 Hematite
Wow!  The engravers have gotten to work on the bedrooms!  I can’t wait to see what they engrave in my room, diary!
13 Hematite
Yay!  They let me help them engrave!
23 Malachite
Migrants have arrived, diary!  I can’t believe it!  This is fabulous news, diary.  Migrants are exactly what we need!  The other dwarven groups are keeping their promise! Yay!
23 Malachite, continued
Why, diary, why?  Bleaktea, one of the best stonecrafters in the fortress, was found completely drained of blood today.  What does this mean, diary?  What does it mean!?

4maskwolf finished engraving, putting his chisel on the ground.  He turned to leave when he saw Grevenis approaching him with a grim look, pick in hand.
“Grenvis!  Buddy!”
“No time for that,” Grevenis snapped, “Where’s Tekkud?”
“Tekkud?  Who’s that?”
Grevenis sighed, “The guy you call mace dude.”
“Oh!  Mace dude!  He’s over there!”
“Tekkud!  Get over here!”
Tekkud glanced over from where he was teaching the rookies to properly grasp their weapons.  Signaling for the recruits to stand down, he walked over.
“Yes, Grevenis?  Have you found him?”
“I have indeed.  Come.”
“Wait, where are you two going?”
“Come along if you must.  Just stay quiet,” Grevenis snapped.
The three dwarfs walked along the hallways of the fortress, armed with their respective weapons.  Eventually, they reached the door to the mayor’s chambers, where the engravers had recently finished work.
“We’re going to see the mayor?”
“What did I say about being quiet?”
“Sorry, Grenvis.”
Lifting his remaining useful arm, Tekkud slammed repeatedly on the door with his mace.  “Open up.  There’s a liason here to talk to you.”
A voice drifted from inside, “Tell him to wait a minute, I’m coming over there.”
The door opened, revealing the face of the mayor, “Isn’t it a little early for the cara…”
Tekkud swung his mace in a vicious uppercut, sending the mayor flying backwards into the wall.  4maskwolf cried out in shock as the other two dwarfs rushed into the room.  Grevenis pinned the mayor’s arms to the ground while Tekkud grabbed him by the throat.
“WHO SENT YOU!” Grevenis screamed, “WHY ARE YOU HERE!  DID THE KING SEND YOU!”
The mayor looked panicked for a moment, and then seemed to calm down.  His face became impassive and unreadable.
“WELL?”
Suddenly, the mayor sprang up, shoving both dwarfs off of him.  Tekkud recovered quickly and raised his mace, but the mayor grabbed a crossbow from his desk and swung it with impossible force, sending Tekkud flying back into the wall.  Grevenis tried to raise his pick, but the mayor knocked it flying.  Grabbing Grevenis by the throat, the mayor gloated, “You were a fool to come here today, dwarf.  When he sees what has been done, he will be greatly pleased.”
The mayor’s teeth began to elongate, extending towards Grevenis’s throat.  Tekkud tried to stand, but slumped back against the wall again.  Closer and closer the mayor’s teeth got to Grevenis’s throat…
4maskwolf let out a cry and leapt forward, driving his pick into the mayor’s back.  The mayor let out a cry of pain and whirled, trying to grab the newcomer and destroy him.  4maskwolf leapt away, but his pick slipped out of his hands.  Grinning, the mayor picked it up and approached, swinging the pick lightly back and forth.
Suddenly, his head was gone.  Grevenis had gotten up and, while the mayor was distracted, slammed his pick into the mayor’s throat, decapitating him.  Grevenis stood still, breathing hard, as the body of the mayor slumped sideways, lifeless.

Edit:  We do in fact have a badass macedwarf with one arm dangling limply by his side.  Said arm is currently in a splint, but there isn't anything the doctors can do about the ruined nerves in the arm.  His combat stats are as follows:
Macedwarf rank 9, dodger, shield user, and armor user rank 8.  Actually, he was my first suspect as the vampire, due to his insanely high skills in those areas.  But I cleared him fairly quickly.  And yes, the mayor is about to have an "unfortunate accident"  with a drawbridge, but I thought I would kill him in a more narrative way.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 12:10:46 pm by 4maskwolf »

AquiziTC

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_CLEVER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2013, 07:12:09 pm »

Got a request from a Balun for dwarfing and Overseership. Will update the main post, and will post a journal entry tomorrow.. finally got a couple days off of work.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2013, 09:56:46 pm »

Okay, I probably won't be able to play again until next Thursday, but here's a list of named dwarfs:
Bleaktea:  Dead, blood drained
Bartantalus: Killed, probably goblins
Zechariah: Dead, goblins (Firecrazy is new militia commander)
Grevenis: alive, legendary miner, also has a raven kill
4maskwolf: alive, legendary miner
AquiziTC: alive, finally engraving stuff again
Firecrazy: Alive, legendary marksdwarf, 13 kills, including the minotaur
Kolnukbyne: Alive
WoobMonkey: Alive
And I think that's all of them.
We also have two legendary miners, three legendary engravers, a legendary mason, a legendary weaponsmith, a legendary clothier (still alive despite having triggered at least one of the five ambushes), a legendary woodcrafter, a legendary cook, and a legendary appraiser.
Our military is pretty flimsy.  It consists of: two professional macedwarfs, two competent swordsdwarfs, two unskilled recruits, and firecrazy.
Firecrazy has 13 kills, one of the recruits has one kill, the other has none, neither swordsdwarf has any, and the macedwarfs are ridiculous.  Apparently, both of them were in the same fortress and killed an ungodly number of random things.  One has one kill from this fort and 302 from that one, the other has three from this fort and 272 from the other.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2013, 04:32:36 pm »

Okay, I can't complete my turn on the fortress, please move along to the next person.  I only got through summer, shamefully enough, and almost all of the named dwarfs were killed, as Kolnukbyne was killed by elk birds and WoobMonkey died somewherre along the way.  Just use the previous save, unless you really want to keep going from where I was, in which case you will have to wait on the save.

AquiziTC

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_CLEVER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2013, 09:06:58 pm »

Ok, start from Grevenis.. uh.. Woob's next I think!

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • High Lobster of Fluffy Wamblers
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 28, 2013, 10:46:15 pm »

Okay, I can't complete my turn on the fortress, please move along to the next person.  I only got through summer, shamefully enough, and almost all of the named dwarfs were killed, as Kolnukbyne was killed by elk birds and WoobMonkey died somewherre along the way.  Just use the previous save, unless you really want to keep going from where I was, in which case you will have to wait on the save.

You mean, wait until next Thursday, or wait until you upload?  If it's the latter, I'd much rather continue from where you've left off. 
Edangzak Utharsanad Gedor - think you have what it takes?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

AquiziTC

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_CLEVER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 28, 2013, 11:56:37 pm »

Woob you can also just use Grevenis' save and we can pretend 4mask didn't do anything.

It's your decision.

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2013, 12:32:39 am »

Feels a little dirty, but okay.  D/L in progress; I'll look at it tomorrow.

BTW, why is this save so big?  Huge world, high population, I presume?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

Kolnukbyne

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great laziness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2013, 12:34:34 am »

Feels a little dirty, but okay.  D/L in progress; I'll look at it tomorrow.

BTW, why is this save so big?  Huge world, high population, I presume?

That's big? My saves tend to be 220+mb.

I like 'em big with ridiculous populations though.

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2013, 12:37:30 am »

I generally keep my saves under 100 MB - the cap for uploads to the DFFD.

It's not a problem, as such - unless I'm stuck with a ridiculously low FPS due to the population.  Mainly, though, I'm just curious.

edit: upon unzipping, I understand it now - it seems that the Mac OS adds a separate, duplicate folder.  That's relieving.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 03:28:22 am by WoobMonkey »
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!

AquiziTC

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_CLEVER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 29, 2013, 12:10:38 pm »

Oh, I was going to suggest it was 2000 years of Legends that did it, but you figured it out.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 29, 2013, 12:16:10 pm »

Wait until I upload was what I meant.  I set up some basic defenses and lost like 20 dwarfs, including half the named ones, so just go ahead with Grevenis's save.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6