Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 34

Author Topic: Kalpa: A Game of Divinity OOC  (Read 29964 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Kalpa: A Game of Divinity OOC (Two Ascendents Available)
« Reply #150 on: December 09, 2013, 03:34:36 pm »

No, I want to get out my 'monkey wrench in plans' gloves. Role play will be plentiful.
Seriously though, which races can I pick for the guy?
Also where's the IC thread? Couldn't find a link anywhere.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 09, 2013, 03:37:15 pm »

There's a "little" (normal-sized] link hidden at the bottom of the OP.

A MUCH LARGER LINK IS HERE.

And, let's see. There's the Children of Something-Or-Other, who are frogmen; Celestial Drakes, which are something; a living planet who probably isn't available as an Ascendant; and some other stuff that isn't quite as prominent.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 09, 2013, 03:38:22 pm »

*Cough* Wildlings
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 09, 2013, 03:41:55 pm »

Will my major act be enough for me to create seven inmortals with special powers that will give justice and vengeance (free!) for those who asked for their services simply in exchange of worship of Araxiel?
Most people's relationship with Dwarf Fortress is akin to Stockholm Syndrome.
Dwarf Fortress doesn't mean to do it... I just can't behave sometimes so it has to correct me.
Wait, there's a player list?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 09, 2013, 03:43:05 pm »

*Cough* Wildlings
Oh, yeah! Waht are those, again?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 09, 2013, 03:44:14 pm »

The hunter creatures / sun demons that eschew all civilization and are currently slaughtering the Plague wherever they find it.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 09, 2013, 03:48:55 pm »

Oh please guys, should the act succeed, I'd be doing you all a huge favor. You've all been attempting and failing at finding a solution to the plague for a while now. If it succeeds, the plague will be much more controlled and there will still be plenty of room for the wilds (especially since you can create new continents at will :P). If it fails, then you have nothing to worry about (from me at least).

Honestly would you rather have the plague creatures causing constant war and tearing apart the fabric of reality or would you prefer my ordered oligarchy government that reduces violence and conflict to the minimum possible while spreading the joys of knowledge and friendship.

Personal interest conflicts aside, hope you all enjoyed the writing.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 09, 2013, 03:50:19 pm »

V good writing, and unfortunately the RP prevents any acceptance, especially due to the phrase 'spread civilisation' :P

Sigtext

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 09, 2013, 03:56:34 pm »

Oh please guys, should the act succeed, I'd be doing you all a huge favor. You've all been attempting and failing at finding a solution to the plague for a while now. If it succeeds, the plague will be much more controlled and there will still be plenty of room for the wilds (especially since you can create new continents at will :P). If it fails, then you have nothing to worry about (from me at least).

Honestly would you rather have the plague creatures causing constant war and tearing apart the fabric of reality or would you prefer my ordered oligarchy government that reduces violence and conflict to the minimum possible while spreading the joys of knowledge and friendship.

Personal interest conflicts aside, hope you all enjoyed the writing.

Writing is good.

V good writing, and unfortunately the RP prevents any acceptance, especially due to the phrase 'spread civilisation' :P

This. Also the Plaguebearers are as much Teskort's as they are Nam'qa's. Teskort is ambivalent to the plague in general, and will defend his infected creations.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 09, 2013, 03:58:46 pm »

The Plague problem

Why contain it? S'cool!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 09, 2013, 04:09:55 pm »

The Plague problem
Why contain it? S'cool!
You have quite the talent for ending up on the minority side of things.
Sig

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 09, 2013, 04:12:15 pm »

Thank you! But yeah, purely RP, I imagine the "Children" are pretty fed up with the plague by now. Honestly speaking, I genuinely would feel that one of the easiest ways to deal with the problem would be what my character suggested. Elimination and containment of the infected. The Children are limited by the reach of civilization to a significant extent and even more limited by the available technologies seeing as how natural abilities outside intelligence aren't on their side. Therefore expansion of civilization and the furthering of technology are both important steps towards the only way I see the "Children" as reasonably being able to address the issue.

This. Also the Plaguebearers are as much Teskort's as they are Nam'qa's. Teskort is ambivalent to the plague in general, and will defend his infected creations.
Understandable. In that particular case your character's interests would conflict with those of the "Children" quite directly and if I were to genuinely RP, such conflict would be hard to avoid.

The Plague problem
Why contain it? S'cool!
It harms the interests of several characters and has thus far been responsible for a decent portion of the kappa's weakening. Containment is therefore in the interest of several characters.
Edit: But yes, I do agree that it makes things more interesting. A plot with no antagonist can get a little directionless.
Sure thing peanut man!

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 09, 2013, 04:28:04 pm »

The Plague problem
Why contain it? S'cool!
You have quite the talent for ending up on the minority side of things.

Talent? Why dear sir, it is my destiny to make things !FUN! Its in my job description too.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 09, 2013, 04:46:26 pm »

Well, I'm afraid you set Psaras off. Remember, the state of his race is not helping his stability in any case. Also, I posted that from a phone, so the writing is much more clipped than I would have liked :c
(my monitor's width may be tilting my perspective though)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 04:51:52 pm by Powder Miner »

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 09, 2013, 05:21:04 pm »

Man, I'm going all out with the RP today. :D
Sure thing peanut man!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 34