Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18

Author Topic: Six-Shooter, a short Arena game: SIGN UPS CLOSED, preparing for round 2  (Read 21374 times)

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Six-Shooter, a short Arena game
« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2013, 03:16:40 pm »

(I'm in for next round too. Consider making it team based mastah?)
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2013, 04:02:43 pm »

Actually, TURN CHANGE!
5 shot unload on everyone around me, don't worry if gun jams, throw it away and grab my freshly killed corpses gun then fire on person.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2013, 07:41:57 pm »

I think I'll have too just to handle all this. How many players do I have for the second round, again?

Snatch away Dewboy's gun, because yay dual-wielding.
You can fire two guns at once, but you'll take a pretty heavy penalty.
After the round, I'll have a little upgrade phase, and I'll make a "gunslinger" perk that reduces that penalty.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2013, 07:43:29 pm »

I think I'll have too just to handle all this. How many players do I have for the second round, again?

~20ish? But if there's more people, doesn't that make it likely that even more will die out at a faster rate?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2013, 07:51:19 pm »

~20ish? But if there's more people, doesn't that make it likely that even more will die out at a faster rate?
Well, if the statistics hold true, then every round, as long as everyone shoots, then 1/3 of the players will be killed unless using cover.
Another third will be injured, and will die if hit again, so every turn after the first, it's over 1/3 that will die.
So if there are ~20, then the odds are that ~7 will die, and ~7 will be wounded on the first turn.
The Derail Thread

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 17, 2013, 07:52:51 pm »

Well, if the statistics hold true, then every round, as long as everyone shoots, then 1/3 of the players will be killed unless using cover.
Another third will be injured, and will die if hit again, so every turn after the first, it's over 1/3 that will die.
So if there are ~20, then the odds are that ~7 will die, and ~7 will be wounded on the first turn.

I just thought that would mean the game would be a bit easier to manage as it went on longer. Of course, if you want to set a player limit, that's cool too.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 17, 2013, 08:00:03 pm »

No, I'm not saying I want a player limit.

I want death and bloodshed.
The Derail Thread

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 17, 2013, 08:07:29 pm »

Theoretically, but that is assuming that everyone will be actively firing, there is in fact a 1/6 chance of the gun jamming so assuming linear probability approximately 3 people at the start of the turn would get the next turn spent in jamming it, with 3 more each turn, putting the total down to 17 people firing next turn, and that's not assuming the fact that even if every person who got injured didn't fire a 6 or 5, we got a 1/6 chance for those 7 people to kill someone, and we only get one person who kills when injured, unless all the injured fire at another injured, giving a 1/2 chance of kills to another, leaving 4 or 3 if the seventh has a 1 dead, approximately 2 of the injured are left with another killing shot, or more I'm not bothering to count if they all shot injuring shots, giving 12 killers left, 2 more jam their guns, approximately 10 left, presuming the injured kill themselves, 8 still have killing shots, if none of the injured don't kill the other injured Anndd I'm to bored to finish the rest yet.
Alan help.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2013, 08:49:38 pm »

Hm...let's assume everyone shot at by exactly one other person. Easier that way.
In a 20-player game, one would expect every player to be at least wounded by turn 3 or 4, and the game to be over by turn 5, assuming perfectly even wound distribution, which isn't happening.

EDIT: Criminy, left out gun jamming...yeah, that throws everything out of whack. Even more than the non-totally-fair distribution of getting shot does.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 08:52:22 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2013, 08:52:40 pm »

Hm...let's assume everyone shot at by exactly one other person. Easier that way.
In a 20-player game, one would expect every player to be at least wounded by turn 3 or 4, and the game to be over by turn 5, assuming perfectly even wound distribution, which isn't happening.

Edit 2: BROKEN BBCODE = WRECKED QUOTES.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 08:55:07 pm by Elephant Parade »

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 17, 2013, 09:04:42 pm »

In on next round if possible.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2013, 09:29:17 pm »

...?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 17, 2013, 09:33:11 pm »

Alright, might as well finishwhat i started.

Theoretically, but that is assuming that everyone will be actively firing, there is in fact a 1/6 chance of the gun jamming so assuming linear probability approximately 3 people at the start of the turn would get the next turn spent in jamming it, with 3 more each turn, putting the total down to 17 people firing next turn, and that's not assuming the fact that even if every person who got injured didn't fire a 6 or 5, we got a 1/6 chance for those 7 people to kill someone, and we only get one person who kills when injured, unless all the injured fire at another injured, giving a 1/2 chance of kills to another, leaving 4 or 3 if the seventh has a 1 dead, approximately 2 of the injured are left with another killing shot, or more I'm not bothering to count if they all shot injuring shots, giving 12 killers left, 2 more jam their guns, approximately 10 left, presuming the injured kill themselves, 8 still have killing shots, if none of the injured don't attack the non injured, we have 2 injured left that can only wound, with a 1/3 chance of doing so, they fire at each other and one kills the other, 7 left, one dude jams and we have 6 people, 1 injured, one dude fires at the injured and the injured injures him, leaving 5 one injured.

Hmmm, we need to sort this out:

Injured casulties: turn one: 7 injured wait, damn! Half should have leg injuries, great, so we got 3 who have arm injuries and 4 with leg, so instead we have 3 Injured and seventeen have no problems but lets assume, we have all the injured firing at all other injures, hmmmm

Anyone up for transfering this to the derail thread? I don't want to cause to much trouble anyway.
Turn two:
Alan help.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 17, 2013, 09:42:13 pm »

...?

You used /quote instead of /spoiler, which messed up my post where I was trying to say you messed up your BBCode. Then, when I tried to fix it, the spoiler messed it up instead of the quote. So I gave up.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 17, 2013, 09:47:57 pm »

Ah.

Amusingly, I fixed it before your post.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18