Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76

Author Topic: Roll To Medium: Awakening [Chapter VI]  (Read 144149 times)

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Medium: Awakening [Intermission Three]
« Reply #1095 on: February 11, 2016, 06:43:26 pm »

Alex shivered as he felt the cold air pass by him. He quickly stood up, while remaining focused on the loudspeaker. He was interested in what was happening. Try to find a blanket or jacket, while listening to the loudspeaker.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: February 14, 2016, 07:32:52 am »

((What weapon do they (mostly) carry?))

I go to Artemis's car, get in a back passenger seat, and sleep.

((I am assuming it's nearly morning. Lirian is shifting her sleep schedule to a mostly-nocturnal one.))
((Whoops, should've specified that. I edited the guards' description with relevant information.))
Lirian
Seeing no purpose in sticking around for much longer, you walk toward the front of the convoy. Diana seems to be checking some things in her bag at the moment. She lets you know that she'll be coming to the car in a few minutes. The convoy appears to be made up of two military trucks, an armed military transport car, and two sleek, dark-colored cars in the lead. The one in front, a black luxury car, is the one that Artemis is standing beside. Just as he said, he is conversing with two other people. The other two are not dressed like the guards, but one - the brown-haired woman - has a precision bolt-action rifle slung on her back while the dark-haired man has a carbine rifle that is similar in appearance to the ones used by the normal soldiers. However, the man's carbine is distinctly shorter and has a different magazine than the one equipped on the normal rifles. Artemis sees you as you approach and cuts off his speech. He turns his view back to the other two and motions toward you. "She plans to accompany us on our mission. Lirian, these are two of my associates: Sir Walter Reio and Ceturtai Sarine Avon. Avon, Reio, this is Lirian." Sir Reio gives you a simple nod of greeting; the woman falls on the side of being skeptical of you. She sizes you up and says nothing in greeting.

Artemis addresses you directly now. "Walter and Sarine are two of the better soldiers in my personal command. They are loyal, precise, and clean about what they do. Hopefully, you'll be working with them - along with some others - when we start the operation." You tell Artemis that you're ready to leave. "You're welcome to wait in the car. I still have some things to discuss with the soldiers before we load the trucks completely and leave." Letting your fatigue rule over your decisions, you enter the car and close the door behind you. The car looks as if it could carry five people in seated positions. The seats are quite comfortable; there's enough room for you to stretch out across the seats in a prone position, and the seats themselves seem to have linen covers. You make yourself comfortable and lie down in a sideways fashion - that is, your eyes face the front of the car instead of its ceiling. Your sword is on the floor of the car. This arrangement allows you to easily grab your sword and get out of the car if necessary.

With this comfortable arrangement, you let your exhaustion take over and bring you into that other world of dreams and fantasy - the very same world that offers you your only mode of communication with the ghost girl, Danielle.

You blink once, then twice. You expected to be met with a flood of light from the sun overhead, but you are instead washed over by the faint glow of the moon. Oddly enough, there are no stars in the sky that you can see. In the distance, you can see the faint glow of the volcano, signaling to you that you are indeed where you need to be. You look down and find the same pattern of flowers and grass at your feet. You're in the meadow next to Danielle's town. This is a change, however. In every past encounter with Danielle, the sun was out and shining brightly. Now, she seems to have arranged for a sort of simulation of the night. A slow breeze flows through the landscape, chilling the air just a bit.

You can't see Danielle yet. Her little outdoor table is still there, but she is not present.

Eh Ah

Consider the way each of the unresponsive individuals is facing. Is it in a particular direction shared by them all, as if they were looking at something in particular? Can I tell?

Perhaps approach an Imperial patrol and offer an introduction, then ask more about the city. They would probably be in the know about these strange people.

Eh Ah
From what you saw, they weren't all looking in the same direction. The only common aspect of their directions lies in the fact that they weren't staring at walls, corners, or floors. Essentially, they all were staring at either a space or the open air. They don't seem to be looking at any particular object, part of a building, or other feature.

It doesn't take you long to find a Theyin patrol, made up of two men and a woman. They seem a bit surprised to find you here, which hints to you that the entire kingdom may in fact be devoid of civilians. You tell them that you are Eh Ah, and that you are a surveyor of sorts under the Empress herself. The woman steps forward, nods to you, and says, "We were informed just this morning that you might be around here. I am Sergeant Margaret White. What can we do for you?" She speaks with an authoritative tone and a regular cadence. You ask for what she knows about the kingdom's situation and the strange appearance of the despondent civilians.

"Ah, the kingdom," she begins. "I was just recently assigned to this sector of the island, so I can't give you too much information, unfortunately. But I do know that it's been almost completely vacated. When the eruption of the volcano happened, the Empress' forces were forced to retreat from the inner portion of the kingdom. When it was safe to come back, we found that the royal family's castle was completely abandoned.  There were only a few civilians left over; we weren't able to get any information regarding the whereabouts of the majority of the population. Over the course of the next few days, there was an abrupt change. I was not deployed to this sector yet, but there were reports of some odd creatures roaming the kingdom. Come morning, several civilians were found to be unresponsive. Alive, but unconscious, in a way. Some were brought to Aecrocia to be examined by the medical ward. Our job here is to secure the area, find any evidence we can of any diseases, attacks, or other events, and bring that to the forces in Aecrocia."

Warren Drake

"Shadows. Uh-huh. So... these other guys, they're close by? I already met a weird possibly magical girl whose home this is, but I take it she's not who I'm looking for."

Warren rubs his temples contemplatively.

"Who are the others? Are they people I will regret meeting?" He pauses. "Hell, are they actual people? Actually, maybe tell me on the way. I get the feeling I won't like your answers in any case, so might as well get moving now."

Move out if reptilian familiar wants to. Maybe introduce him to the girl if she's around. Otherwise maybe leave a note that I'm off to do destiny shenanigans and thanking her for the fruit.

Also stuff face with as much dried fruit as possible before leaving.

Warren Drake
"Yesss!" Darzenis says before pausing. "Well, no. Ehh, maybe.. I only know where they might be. Not exactly sssure, but it'ss better than - wait, you found a Guardian? Where iss ssshe?" The frenetic lizard paces around the room and looks around you, trying to see if you're hiding someone behind you. Finding nothing, he looks up to you and waits for a response.

"Nonono. Yess, they are humanss, like you! Nothing to worry about. But where iss thiss Guardian friend of yourss?" You exit the den and peer outside, looking for the girl who so interests Darzenis. As it happens, she appears to be returning now from, what you assume, was a foraging trip. She has a large basket in hand, filled nearly to the brim with a rainbow of fruits and vegetables. She sees you at the entrance and waves to you with her free hand. She seems to become a little bit confused when she sees Darzenis next to you, but doesn't hesitate to approach.

"Hi!" she exclaims with a cheery tone. "I hope you slept well. Who's this, er, friend of yours?" She looks down at Darzenis. Darzenis, however, chooses to look up at you.

"Iss sshe a Guardian? Doess sshe have powerss? Assk her!" Darzenis circles around the girl, brushing his tail against her leg lightly. She lifts her foot and laughs.

"He seems very friendly. Is he your pet?"

((Is this still accepting players? I've a mind to make a character for this if so. Not quite sure what, but it involves ... teeth. Lots of teeth.))
Yes, actually. I haven't really stopped taking characters at any recent point, so if you know anyone who'd be interested, I'm also willing to welcome anyone into the story. I'm excited to see what you've got.

If you have any questions about the story itself, characters, character creation, mechanics, or anything else at all, please ask and I'll be happy to answer. Most relevant information should be located in the OP regarding character creation (not sure if some stuff is outdated. If it is, let me know).
If you need to, take your time in creating your character. There's no real rush, and there'll probably be a little bit of wait while I sync your character to the story.

((What am I doing? I think I was killing guards. Was I killing guards? Or was I talking to guards. Or the army. Or was I.... (Continues prattling on for hours on end)))
The Intermission gives you a summary of everything that your character has done/interacted with up to this point. Most recently, you were talking to the guards. They informed you that you could go ahead and retrieve some personal belongings from your tunnels before they would go in and secure the tunnels for the Empire's uses. You have an hour or a few to collect your items. The guards are from the Theyin Empire, not the Magis Kingdom or any other native authority. You don't seem to recognize any of them. They don't seem to be willing to budge on the issue; you're either going to have to accede and move out, or take action to resist them. Of course, if you resist with your golems, that'll put your work in jeopardy.

It's your decision as to how you will handle them. For reference, here is (what I believe is) the latest response to your most recent action.

Alex shivered as he felt the cold air pass by him. He quickly stood up, while remaining focused on the loudspeaker. He was interested in what was happening. Try to find a blanket or jacket, while listening to the loudspeaker.
Alex Raman
There aren't many supplies to speak of in the garage. You already inspected it and could not find anything really of use. You're forced to brave out the weather and venture out to try and make sense of the situation. The loudspeaker, you reason to yourself, would probably be the best source of information right now. The echoes of the loudspeaker off the walls of the town make it difficult to discern individual words, but you get a sense of the overall message. The town's administration is telling people to evacuate the town; the military is bringing in reinforcements to secure the area and to combat the strange threat that appeared in the middle of the night. Medical units are also being moved to the town to help in dealing with the casualties. The announcer on the loudspeaker once again stresses the importance of evacuating the area before the message cuts off. Ten seconds pass before the message loops over.

Excluding the loudspeaker, the area around you appears to be calm. The wind snakes around the town and drops the temperature, causing you to hug your body tighter and to exhale with uncertainty. You peer around the side of the building and find that the garage merges with a street that extends both to the left and the right. A row of poorly-maintained houses stands in front of you and matches the curve of the road. Not a single living soul appears to be on this street right now. However, you can hear one or two voices in the far distance. The good news is that you don't hear any monsters, such as the ones that were roaming the streets and attacking people. The bad news, however, is that you have no orientation, low confidence in your own power, and are wounded currently.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 06:09:15 pm by DarkArtemisFowl »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: February 14, 2016, 11:01:45 am »

((You didn't actually edit the guard's description. I still don't know what weapon they are mostly carrying. I'd guess a rifle or carbine based on what the two elites carried. Rifle if the force mostly does field combat, and carbine if the force mostly does urban or mounted combat. But those are just guesses. anyway, what tech level are the rifles / carbines at?
matchlock/flintlock/percussion-cap/semi-auto/automatic?
muzzle-loader/breach-loader/bolt-action/revolver/repeater/mag-fed?
smoothbore or rifled?
the tech level of the weapons greatly changes what tactics are available. If you don't know guns and just have a target time period just say so and I'll help you out, explaining roughly what was available and what the key differences were.))

"I suppose there's a reason you're usually not visible when I transition here."
I take out the bastard sword and begin practicing one-handed patterns for it, keeping my other hand free at first, then moving on to knife throws while the bastard sword is changing my balance in my other hand. I want to be able to shift from a two-handed to a one-handed stance for relatively short periods during which I'll be using my knives to engage as either an off-hand weapon or a thrown weapon. doing so will require me to know the balance of the weapon very well, and to have practiced the transition between styles... which is what I'm doing now.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: February 14, 2016, 01:03:20 pm »

Warren Drake

"I'm more his pet than he is mine. He's Darzenis, a lizard with an elusive mystical connection to the underlying conspiracy to the universe, if that makes any sense," Warren says, then lowers his voice to a drawn-out whisper. "It doesn't actually make any sense."

He looks down at Darzenis.

"Darzenis, this is Never-Asked, she's a magical forest girl and all-around kind individual. Take note of the glowing orange eyes, they're probably relevant. She can do some kind of glowing vine sorcery if I understand correctly and she's a friend to all living things except fruit. So I guess she's about as magical as me. Probably more so. Don't know where she fits into your magical hierarchy, however."

Looking up again, Warren points at the girl.

"Never-Asked, Darzenis wants to know if you're something he calls a Guardian. That probably means something somewhere. You, however, strike me as a possibly more fruity-named equivalent. More like an expansion of the core concept than a part of the improvised cosmology, if you catch my drift. Have you any comment, or are you as in the dark as I am?"

Eh Ah

"Very interesting information, sir. Any firsthand engagements with the odd creatures? I assume central command has already received any appropriate reports, but I would nevertheless like to question a firsthand responsive witness if you have any available or know where I could find some."

"As for the Magis residents, highly odd. Hm. Are there any units stationed at the royal palace?"

If there are units stationed at the royal palace, go there and check it out for any signs of unusual activity.

If not, ask if I could be pointed to any Magis refugees that were found. One would assume they'd be gathered up nicely given the widespread devastation.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 01:06:18 pm by Harry Baldman »

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: February 14, 2016, 06:09:28 pm »

((You didn't actually edit the guard's description. I still don't know what weapon they are mostly carrying. I'd guess a rifle or carbine based on what the two elites carried. Rifle if the force mostly does field combat, and carbine if the force mostly does urban or mounted combat. But those are just guesses. anyway, what tech level are the rifles / carbines at?
matchlock/flintlock/percussion-cap/semi-auto/automatic?
muzzle-loader/breach-loader/bolt-action/revolver/repeater/mag-fed?
smoothbore or rifled?
the tech level of the weapons greatly changes what tactics are available. If you don't know guns and just have a target time period just say so and I'll help you out, explaining roughly what was available and what the key differences were.))
Wait... okay, I didn't edit it, apparently. I thought I did earlier in the day, because I remembered doing so and then saying to myself that I'd come back later and note that when I wrote the rest of the turn out. I guess that's what I get for writing a turn in the deepest part of the night.

Sorry about the confusion, that was my fault. I think I've provided an adequate description now. I've also added a small tidbit of information to the most recent reply about the weapons of Artemis' two personal soldiers. If you still have questions, let me know and I'll try to answer them.
If you have changes to make to your turn for whatever reason, then go ahead. Otherwise, I should post the next reply within the day.
Thanks!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: February 14, 2016, 06:14:06 pm »

((!! those are much nicer weapons than I expected, I was thinking more 1860's rifles, not 1950's. Those are very much a threat. hmmm....))

((No changes to my action though.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Medium: Awakening [Chapter VI]
« Reply #1101 on: February 15, 2016, 07:02:42 am »

"I suppose there's a reason you're usually not visible when I transition here."
I take out the bastard sword and begin practicing one-handed patterns for it, keeping my other hand free at first, then moving on to knife throws while the bastard sword is changing my balance in my other hand. I want to be able to shift from a two-handed to a one-handed stance for relatively short periods during which I'll be using my knives to engage as either an off-hand weapon or a thrown weapon. doing so will require me to know the balance of the weapon very well, and to have practiced the transition between styles... which is what I'm doing now.
Lirian
After commenting on Danielle's delayed appearance, you waste no time in continuing your training. Working with a new sword means that you'll have to get accustomed to a slightly different rhythm in your fighting style. It shouldn't be too different overall, but it's better to be prepared than to make mistakes in the worst moments.

You take your sword in hand and are about to start on different exercises. You turn behind you, however, and find exactly who you were looking for. Danielle is seated at the same standalone table. She appears to have a soda can in hand once again. You take a closer look at her and find that she seems rather disheveled. Her hair is a mess, her eyes give away her exhaustion, and her posture carries no sort of energy - nervous or otherwise - that she would normally have.

"Nothing tells me that you're here," she says without much enthusiasm. She stares down at the soda can and continues talking. "I just have to guess when you're here or not. There's no time here. It all just seems like.. forever." She sighs and adds, "You fell asleep? Has anything happened in the real world?" She straightens up for a moment as she thinks of something important. "Ar- er, the purple dude. Has he done anything? Does he seem to remember things from the.. the past? What about the Shadows?" She drinks a good portion of the soda and waits for your response.

Warren Drake

"I'm more his pet than he is mine. He's Darzenis, a lizard with an elusive mystical connection to the underlying conspiracy to the universe, if that makes any sense," Warren says, then lowers his voice to a drawn-out whisper. "It doesn't actually make any sense."

He looks down at Darzenis.

"Darzenis, this is Never-Asked, she's a magical forest girl and all-around kind individual. Take note of the glowing orange eyes, they're probably relevant. She can do some kind of glowing vine sorcery if I understand correctly and she's a friend to all living things except fruit. So I guess she's about as magical as me. Probably more so. Don't know where she fits into your magical hierarchy, however."

Looking up again, Warren points at the girl.

"Never-Asked, Darzenis wants to know if you're something he calls a Guardian. That probably means something somewhere. You, however, strike me as a possibly more fruity-named equivalent. More like an expansion of the core concept than a part of the improvised cosmology, if you catch my drift. Have you any comment, or are you as in the dark as I am?"
Warren Drake
The girl blinks, clearly confused by your statement of Darzenis' position relative to you. She develops a half-smile when you suggest that it doesn't make a lick of sense. It doesn't take long for her to become disoriented once again.

Darzenis offers some comments as you explain to him your short time with Never-Asked. "Definitely a Guardian. You sssaid sshe hass vine powerss? Assk her to ssshow the powersss!"

Before you continue with your last statement, the girl offers a bit of help. "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize that I'd never given you my name. I'm Adio Freyor." You let her know that she might be what Darzenis calls a "Guardian." Keeping with the general theme of the day, she responds with confusion: "Wait, I'm sorry. I'm lost. What's a Guardian? What does this have to do with 'cosmology?' I have no idea what you're talking about."

Eh Ah

"Very interesting information, sir. Any firsthand engagements with the odd creatures? I assume central command has already received any appropriate reports, but I would nevertheless like to question a firsthand responsive witness if you have any available or know where I could find some."

"As for the Magis residents, highly odd. Hm. Are there any units stationed at the royal palace?"

If there are units stationed at the royal palace, go there and check it out for any signs of unusual activity.

If not, ask if I could be pointed to any Magis refugees that were found. One would assume they'd be gathered up nicely given the widespread devastation.

Eh Ah
"No," she states plainly. "My unit had been stationed on the northern end of the island up until yesterday. The city seemed to be fine, as far as I could tell. There are Theyin troops stationed at the palace."

You thank her for her time and responses, and bid her and the other troops good day. With that settled, you make your way up to the Magis palace. The palace itself appears to be carved mostly into the side of the mountain, with walls or stairs being made of excess stone where necessary. The palace is made up of three different tiers: the lowest (and largest) one connects directly with the rest of the kingdom. The second tier opens up to a large courtyard and an entrance to the inner facilities of the castle. The third tier is located above the entrance and provides a view over the kingdom and a series of walkways that allow for a defense of the courtyard if needed.

You begin to ascend the main stairs of the palace, noticing the small squads of Theyin troops moving around and guarding different areas. They don't seem to be particularly concerned with your presence. However, when you arrive at the top of the stairs and at the base of the courtyard, an older officer halts you. "Please state your name, citizenship, and purpose for visiting the palace," he announces in a stern, and somewhat bored, tone.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: February 15, 2016, 07:25:12 am »

Warren Drake

"Warren Drake. Wait, I already told you that, I think. Good to have a name for the face," Warren says, then gets on with the explanation. "Supernatural things are the name of the game, Adio. I can turn into a lizard and look into what I can only assume is the Lifestream. You're a friend to all living things except fruit and presumably can make vines do things they otherwise would not. Like when you restrained the weird beast that was hanging around the area some time ago. My liaison with the supernatural, that is to say Darzenis right here, thinks you might be somehow important in the more or less grand scheme of things."

"Put simply, seems like you can do magic somewhat like I can. He wants to see. Can you demonstrate for him?"

Eh Ah

"My name is Eh Ah. I am a citizen of Aecrocia. I am conducting an inquiry into unusual, currently unexplained events on the island of Atis on behalf of Empress Seira Theyin by Her Majesty's personal request."

If unimpeded, proceed into the palace and take a careful look around the premises. Listen for unusual sounds, and see if I can access the royal quarters. Seems like a good bet anything unusual would have them as their first choice of nesting.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: February 15, 2016, 08:16:20 am »

My throat is kinda dry. A drink of flavored water would be much appreciated
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: February 15, 2016, 10:28:33 am »

I brief her on recent events and conversations

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: February 17, 2016, 08:31:34 am »

((I love that you love my flavor text ;3))

Eleri focuses on resting, also ensuring that she's not open to mosquitos or any of those buggers while making sure her survival-safety-training is in top shape in her makeshift shelter. Also she curls up into a ball and uses her tail as a blanket!

Spiders. Jumping spiders.

Eleri always appreciated arachnids--or appreciated the jumping types more than the web-weavers, in the least. They had a certain erratic, yet calculating nature to their movements; something she teasingly philosophized with in assuming their thoughts. Spotting one of them on a stalagmite near her, she observed it turning around and scuttling about. In a way, she could relate to a jumping spider: It lived most of its life alone, unafraid, and dependent only on what it was born with to survive. She was happy she could think, seeing the vast simplicity in the glory of the moment--how her senses were as keen as they were for one as young as her, and imagining every minor, abstracted characteristic she could do down to a minuscule scale. She tapped her finger on the cave floor, and projected her sense of self in a hypothetical 'other person', wondering how it felt to see the world from another's eyes, to think the thoughts in another's life.

Just like the little spider before her, she wondered how thoughts came and went. What was the little creature thinking? This lulling process kept on until she could hear the silence within the sounds of the afternoon. Her thoughts were ablaze, and she was at peace. Tomorrow would be tomorrow, but she felt as safe as she could in the precepts of the present.

She wondered how Flynn was doing. . .

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: February 19, 2016, 06:12:12 am »

Name: Chortleton MacDigget
Affinity: Sleaziness
Domain: Fortune
Skills: Charisma IV
Inventory: 1. Numerous small vials full of a disgusting-smelling gin of some sort that lends his teeth a greasy shine
2. An overly fancy pocket watch, with a cover adorned in the style of a seashell. Gold, of course.
3. A packet of foul-smelling cigars
Color: Deep Green
Description: A relatively short man, around 5'4. He has vaguely brownish hair that seems just a bit too long no matter which way you look at it, which is perpetually slicked down to cover the growing bald spot on the top of his head. Some days it works more than others. He has a large mouth and thick, wormy lips that hide a wide smile given a shine by the foul alcohol he drinks. His teeth are just yellowed enough to be off-putting, and though he grins quite often it never reaches his watery green eyes, which stay as dead as a shark's. He has a large, slim nose and a small prickly caterpillar-like moustache on his top lip - other than that his face is as bald as a baby's bottom. He's a little portly, and his fingers are thick on a stumpy hand, which always seem to be just the slightest bit sweaty. He wears a slightly shabby tweed suit in a deep green shade overlain by a brown overcoat that somehow manages to match it. When he can find one he likes to wear a bowler hat.

Despite his vague unpleasantness he seems to exude an aura of trustworthiness, and people tend to listen to what he has to say, even if they have reservations about it.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 03:26:31 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: February 19, 2016, 07:02:41 am »

Alex pondered the situation for a few seconds. He assumed the guards would notice him, but then again, it's likely prisoners are also being evacuated. If they aren't, there's still likely a large crowd. He might be able to pass by unnoticed. Find where the evacuating people are heading to. Go there, obviously.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: February 24, 2016, 03:04:05 am »

Hey everyone,
Just thought that I'd give a quick update, since it's been about a week since the last update. I've been dealing with some personal issues in my life (when am I not?) which have delayed my responses a bit. I was going to get an update or two done for the Compendium, since I promised that Int. Three would be added to it, but I was sidetracked. That is what I'm currently working on. That update, along with some additions to the locations and people list, should be done by the next day or so. Hopefully. I can't guarantee anything because my situation in reality is still very volatile. After that is put in, I will do the actual turn. I was going to include the introduction for Mr. MacDigget in the turn after this one, but I decided that, since I'm taking additional time for this turn anyway, why not add his introduction here too? I have most of the details worked out in my head. In fact, speaking of MacDigget...

Absolutely wonderful. I've already got an idea or two about how things will play out. I hope to have MacDigget introduced within the next turn - if not, well, I'll let you know.
Just to check, is his name supposed to be Chortleton, or is it spelled Chorlteton on purpose? Furthermore, is that a nickname or his actual name?

I am very excited for that which is coming up.

I thank you all for your patience. I hope you have a wonderful day. I'll get the Compendium update and the turn out as soon as I can.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: February 24, 2016, 03:26:16 am »

((My bad - yeah, it's supposed to be spelt Chortleton. And as to if it's his actual name or a nickname he acquired because of his habit of chortling excessively, I haven't quite decided yet. Leaning toward a nickname, but I'm not sure of his actual name if that's the case.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76