Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 76

Author Topic: Roll To Medium: Awakening [Chapter VI]  (Read 144157 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Medium: Awakening [Intermission Three]
« Reply #1065 on: January 20, 2016, 05:44:37 pm »

Classic good cop/bad cop situation here, as long as he allows it...
"Temper! Look at him, he's so scared he can't put two words together to answer you. Just give me 5 minutes, okay? Now, sir, could you please tell me why Arty wants to kill you?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: January 20, 2016, 07:43:57 pm »

Classic good cop/bad cop situation here, as long as he allows it...
"Temper! Look at him, he's so scared he can't put two words together to answer you. Just give me 5 minutes, okay? Now, sir, could you please tell me why Arty wants to kill you?"
Lirian
Artemis looks between you and the prince for a few seconds before standing up and backing off. He stands a couple of meters away, knife still in hand. He still seems to be agitated and gives you a loaded glare before focusing his eyes back on the prince. Henceforth, he remains quiet and allows you to take the lead. With the help of Diana, the prince stands unsteadily and attempts to regain his composure. He seems about ready to bolt, but for fear of pursuit or execution by Artemis' hand, he stays without questioning. "Are you okay?" Diana asks him. He nods slightly and wipes his brow with his arm.

With Artemis at bay (for the moment), you take up the "good cop" role in the pair and kindly ask the prince what his deal with Artemis is. The prince holds up a hand, clears his throat, and begins to speak, taking several pauses in his speech to get his thoughts in order. "I  was an ambassador from my Kingdom to the Jaunatne Coalition. My goal - the goal of my family, up until Queen Deborah's rule - was to ensure the safety of the island. We - we knew that the war would soon engulf us, and the only ones to offer us aid came from the Jaunatne. The earl here was one of the ones who was interested in the defense of our islands.

"We couldn't speak for everyone. The Aecrocians wanted help but were also interested in preserving neutrality for the sake of trade. The Atisi did not want any sort of intervention from foreign powers; even certain factions from our Kingdom were wary of both the Jaunatne and the Theyins. My hands were tied, but Lord Dimikaelo insisted on helping. I managed to make a deal: I would work clandestinely with agents under the Jaunatne Coalition who had contact with reconnaissance units. If they knew Theyin forces were approaching, we could've warned everyone and prepared for the invasion."

"But our forces never had a chance. They were wiped out by an advance force." Artemis still speaks with anger. You spare a quick look at him before allowing the prince to continue.

"Queen Deborah.. she was an observer in the conversations between the Jaunatne and the Magis before she took the crown. She found out. I don't know how. I swear by my life that I didn't tell another soul about the forces. It could have been Queen Deborah, or.. or maybe someone from her court. Maybe it was a spy. I did not whisper a word about the reconnaissance forces."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: January 20, 2016, 07:48:58 pm »

"When you first saw us, you reacted with joy, like you'd been searching for Artemis and wanted his help, what did you want to ask him?"

and after that:
"How did you get here and find him anyway? This isn't Artemis's home. Where are you headed?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: January 20, 2016, 08:46:06 pm »

Lirian
"When you first saw us, you reacted with joy, like you'd been searching for Artemis and wanted his help, what did you want to ask him?"

The prince looks up. You can see that his fear is slowly starting to fade away, although he still seems to be a bit jumpy when Artemis looks at him. "Yes! We, er.."

Diana picks up the dialogue for him. "We're just looking for help. I told my brother where we were, and he told me that, um, Lord.. Dimikay.. Dimikaelo might be around here. At the very least, we could ask around to look for him. I saw the two of you walking to this place, and my brother was adamant that it was the earl. He's injured, but I took him along because he thought that his status might give him a bit of breathing room." She looks over at her brother, the prince. "As you can see, that didn't really turned out like we hoped."

With that answered, you ask your next set of questions for them. "How did you get here and find him anyway? This isn't Artemis's home. Where are you headed?"

Diana shakes her head. "It's not like we want to be here. Well, in a way.. I guess we do. We're refugees from Atis. My brother is Adam Crown, and I am Diana Crown. We're both part of the royal family of the Magis Kingdom. We were sent here to seek help from the Jaunatne Coalition if possible. We didn't intend to come to this town, but we ran into some strange things. My brother and his guard were severely injured, and I'm not much better."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: January 20, 2016, 09:02:20 pm »

"Strange things? On the night before this one perhaps? Could you tell me everything you can remember about them? Even the smallest detail could be important."

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: January 20, 2016, 09:36:46 pm »

"Strange things? On the night before this one perhaps? Could you tell me everything you can remember about them? Even the smallest detail could be important."
Lirian
Diana thinks over your question for a few moments. "It's a little blurry. I can't remember everything, but I know that my brother and I and the guard, we were all on our own. My, ahem, fiancé was separated from us, and the other two, uh, friends of ours were... at the camp, I think. We were trying to find a way to civilization from the shore. At night, all of this strange stuff started happening. It was really dark. We couldn't see the stars or the moon, just this one single star in the sky. And then we were attacked by these bears, but they were... they looked unnatural. Sunken eyes, dark fur. They made these really odd sounds.

"I don't know how, but I was able to... able to use lightning. I don't mean that it was storming or anything, I mean that I was actually able to summon lightning on demand. It sounds really weird, but I can't really describe it any better. Anyway, I defended my brother and the guard from the bears. There was this... figure? I don't remember who it was, but it was talking to me. I tried to resist against it, but I passed out. When I woke up, I was with my brother and guard again. They were both badly wounded."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: January 20, 2016, 11:21:41 pm »

"Summoned lightning and was the target of Shadows. well then. I'd expect you got a guide of some kind around the same time? maybe a hallucination or animal or something else that seems really abnormal and you wouldn't expect someone to believe you if you told them about it?"

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: January 20, 2016, 11:53:47 pm »

"Summoned lightning and was the target of Shadows. well then. I'd expect you got a guide of some kind around the same time? maybe a hallucination or animal or something else that seems really abnormal and you wouldn't expect someone to believe you if you told them about it?"
Lirian
Diana blinks and thinks for a moment before responding. When you ask her if she has a sort of "guide," she shakes her head and says, "That's.. oddly specific; but no, we haven't had any guides. Well, unless you count a vagrant and my fiancé as 'guides'."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: January 21, 2016, 12:00:19 am »

"Hunuh, that breaks the pattern. okay. Welp, I think we've found out everything we need to know. Lord Dimikaelo, my apologies for acting above my station, I saw an opportunity and took the initiative to capitalize on it. Thank you for indulging me. If I may, I suggest aiding these people, if the Shadows are targeting them and especially if Diana is a Guardian, then it might be most useful to protect them."
EDIT: ((title correction))
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 12:34:39 am by Lenglon »

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: January 21, 2016, 02:49:08 am »

Lirian
Artemis seems to have softened up over the last few minutes, especially since Prince Adam was able to explain his position. He still looks as if he suspects the prince, but he returns his knife to his clothing and looks between the two of them. He glances at you, giving you a hint of what he appears to be planning. "I.. apologize for being so aggressive," Artemis says with some difficulty. "Lately, we've been having some trouble with double-agents and spies in the Coalition. The loss of the island due to the lack of reconnaissance particularly struck me." He clears his throat and steps forward, addressing the Crown siblings.  "I realize this is a bit of a forward question, but... Princess Diana, do you know how to fight?"

Diana seems even more surprised by this question than the one that you asked her. "Well, yes, I do, actually. What does that have to do with me?"

"I am on a mission," Artemis states, "That may have several benefits for you and your brother. It is being conducted in the vicinity of your home island and pertains to what my associate here called the 'Shadows.' These are the creatures that may have caused harm to your party previously. Unfortunately, Prince Adam seems to be rather injured at this moment, so I'd prefer that he stay here and recover. I will pay for his expenses regarding medical care, food, and housing, so don't worry about that. For you, Princess Diana, I have a proposal."

Diana groans. "I'm already engaged, thank you."

Artemis sputters. "I- I did not mean a marriage proposal! This is about the mission!"

"Oh," Diana plainly says, trying to stifle a bit of a laugh. Adam can't help but smile, too.

Artemis delivers the same sort of spiel that he gave you before, talking about the general topic of the mission, the dangers associated with it, and the benefits of coming along. He promises the siblings that, should Diana come along, he will do everything in his power to liberate the island of Atis and provide relief if needed. "Of course, I can't guarantee success," he adds, "but that seems to be the general trend of everything nowadays. So, Princess Diana, are you willing to accompany us?"

Diana mulls over it for a few seconds before saying, "Can my brother and I talk for a minute or two about this?"

Artemis waves his hand, replying, "Be my guest."

The Crown siblings move their way off the side of the road, only being barely audible now. They talk in hushed whispers, occasionally raising their voices for various reasons. You are surprised when, while you are watching the siblings talk, Artemis speaks up. "I have no need for formalities," Artemis mutters as he looks upon the siblings. "I only use them with other members of the nobility. It's all charades to me. You did well, even if I did not intend to kill him." He crosses his arms and smiles. "Hmm. We might already be on the track to finding out more about all of these 'Guardians.'"

After about two minutes, the two of them come back. Diana looks at Artemis, inhales, and states, "Absolutely! I would love the chance to fight for my home."

Artemis gives a smile that is halfway between genuinely happy and amused. "Wonderful. If you have any personal belongings you wish to take, get them now. We're leaving incredibly soon."

Diana nods. "I'll go retrieve something from the medical center, and I'll bring my brother back. Thank you, Lord Dimikaelo, for assisting us." Adam nods also, saying, "We're in your debt." Diana puts her arm around Adam once again and leads him back down the road to the town.

Artemis sighs. "I suppose we could join them and wait at the medical center. Our destination will be mostly southward, anyway - at least, when exiting this town."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: January 21, 2016, 04:10:01 am »

((And still I fail to post. I've really gotten out of the rhythm of things lately.))

Eh Ah

A lunch worthy of champions.

More exploration may be in order. Proceed back there as soon as possible.

Warren Drake

Assault dried vittles in a fit of unthinking troglodytic gluttony. Check if there's clean-looking water about. If not, have a sip of the booze if there's any left to put one's mind on the mend.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: January 21, 2016, 03:03:56 pm »

"I usurped a bit of your authority by snapping at you and calling you a pet name, establishing myself as having some level of intamacy and influence. I needed to compensate somehow once my role was completed, so I acted formal, restablishing that you were the one making the decisions. As for those two, I dont like them. Not one word about helping the guards who risked life and limb to keep them alive, and it looks like they left them behind to focus on helping themselves. If were going to be simply waiting, then Id prefer to spend the time training myself instead of spending time with self-centered overprivlaged children."

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: January 21, 2016, 03:16:30 pm »

"Thanks, sir, for the assistance. I am feeling better now, so if you'll excuse me, I shall leave you be, and waste no more of your time."

Afterwards, once I leave the hallucinations sight, I will immediately make my way to the nearest psychiatrist, and book for emergency services. Tell him/her that I am having vivid auditory, visual hallucinations that I can feel, and that it is urgent that I receive immediate care.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: January 23, 2016, 05:26:33 pm »

((Will post later--fatigue too much; see post history for context if need be. GM writing is awesome. Very inspired reading everyone. Maybe those lore-bits may be kept as links on the OP//kept together offline for the GM for posterity))

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: January 25, 2016, 06:19:26 pm »

Alex slowly arose. His head had a throb to it, and he was confused at what happened. Was he knocked out? Did he fall asleep? No matter. Examine surroundings.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 76