Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 76

Author Topic: Roll To Medium: Awakening [Chapter VI]  (Read 144248 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Medium: Recursion [Chapter V]
« Reply #885 on: April 30, 2015, 11:24:27 am »

Eh Ah

It was odd seeing Magis. Eh Ah hadn't been here before, at least not that he remembered. It looked... distressingly unbombed.

Shout for a gate guard to let me in, assuring that I am entirely harmless. If there's no reply, start walking along the length of the wall, looking for a spot where the artillery might have blasted into a more passable state.

Warren Drake

Liquor is liquor, clearly. The objective here was to get drunk, not ask questions. And that is exactly what will be done.

Head inside the shop and get some fine rotgut from Jeb. Have a little bit to start off if all goes well.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: May 07, 2015, 07:25:20 am »

Look for large leaves or leafy plants (anything similar to lamb's ear?) to cover the wound and long grass or reeds to tie the leaf over the wound, then rinse the gashes and the bandage supplies off in the stream and then tie the leaves over the cuts using the grass/reed.
If suitable supplies cannot be found cut patches and/or strips off of my clothing (I do have some, right?)
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: May 13, 2015, 08:39:31 pm »

((AAAAAAAA))

"'Thanks, ma'am, you've been wonderfully helpful," Cecil says as he bows a little, turning to leave the library.

He steps outside, blinking his eyes under the sun, ruminating over what exactly happened to him...

What was I supposed to take from last night?

He looks for a road sign before taking off to the town his betrothed was to be. ((I remember this was told to me earlier.)) Might as well try to find someone I know.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: May 21, 2015, 09:51:19 pm »

((I exist! Don't worry!))

Enough experimentation for now. Now, I must train my brain. Get all the golems to do menial tasks, like move ores to be smelled, or chip at rocks with picks. While I do this, quiz my mind to increase my multitasking ability. What was my mother's name? What was my date of birth? What date was I exiled? How many shots from the attacking boats nearly murdered me?
When that's done, release control of all golems except a worker and my big iron plated protector golems. Focus control on both of them, and have them do a little training "fight." Just experiment with how well I can control directly multiple golems while fighting. Aim to not injure the smaller golem.

So sorry I forgot to put my action in!
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: May 27, 2015, 01:13:45 am »

TURN FORTY-FIVE, PART ONE: LEARN, REACT, SWAY

Quick, before the day grows too late!

Seriously though, it's been a ride for me for these past few weeks. Fortunately, however, it's also that time of summer that allows me to write much more freely. Expect updates to be within the timespan of a week or less, if things go to plan.
(Though, as we know, Murphy's law is always in full swing.)

Hope you enjoy c:
~Artemis

THE FIFTH GENERATION

((You don't need to update all the time if you have things to do. Players will stay!))

Alex would carefully assess his situation. Alex would shoot the doctor with little hesitation. He had killed enough of these disgusting people who would attack and destroy his home. But he would think back. No. He destroyed his home. Nevertheless, he would drop the rifle to head to the back door.
Alex Raman
Your aim is shaky. You can feel your hands moving unsteadily as the blood pumps through your head, sounding off with every beat of your heart. You try to keep your breathing as rhythmic as possible to feign confidence, but even that is uncertain. If the doctor was not a doctor, and instead was a guard or other professional, he would quickly notice your unsteadiness and might take that as a cue to disarm you. However, this doctor fears for his life more than he is willing to say right now. It looks like you still have the upper hand. You hover your finger over the trigger, still deciding whether or not you should dispose of this single witness.

For all you know, he is part of the Theyin Empire. They are the ones who invaded, who picked up your little island and shook it around, crumbling its soft foundation into a thousand little pieces. He may not be directly part of the combat, but he is contributing to the Empire's growth nonetheless. Still, something itches at the back of your mind. A faint memory is popping back up, surfacing out of murky waters. Ever so slowly, you begin to remember that part you played in the destruction of your island.
Your power is both a blessing and a curse. You don't know how exactly you were gifted with it. You don't know why you were tossed around and moved to this part of the world. But you do know that you took that power and used it with your anger. You saw how the volcano was bursting, lava flowing over the island. You weren't sure why. But you did know that there was another presence like yours - someone else had the same ability that you had, only reflected. Instead of ice, he dealt with fire.

In order to defend your island, you had to kill him.

But, in the midst of your anger, not everything went as you had planned. Inevitably, what ice you brought up to the skies had to fall down at some point. Additionally, the fire and lava thrown towards you also came right back down, on top of Atis. For a brief few moments after your battle, you laid eyes upon the wreck of Atis. It was in ruin. Your village had suffered. The entire island was dying in front of you. Before you could do anything, however, you lost control.

Now, you contemplate the life of someone who may not have even had anything to do with the expansion of the Theyin Empire. You think long and hard. For a few crucial seconds, your finger lightly skims the trigger. You can sense the fear coming from the doctor. Maybe he has someone to come back home to. Maybe he has a girlfriend or a wife and kids. Maybe he's lived a good life, or maybe it is not his time yet. That is something you do not know.
Sighing quietly, you back away and out of the door, taking your aim off of the doctor, but not saying a word. As soon as you are out of the room, you sprint to the opposite end of the hallway and begin searching for a way out.

The hallway splits to your left and right coming up. Behind you, you could go back to the front entrance, but you risk being seen by the guard. There are some rooms that are interspersed in the hallway you are currently in, but they don't seem to have any alternate ways to exit the building.

((This is being considered a half-turn due to not really having much in the way of physical movement, instead being replaced by a muse.))

"Erin, if I'm wrong, and your father doesn't know what I'm talking about when I speak with him later. I'll tell you. You deserve to know, and are wiser than your years... and don't call me ma'am. I like it when you call me Liri.

Sorry I was so harsh with you. It's... kinda a touchy subject for me. I wasn't much older than you are when it happened. I mean..."

I sigh

"Ok, I'll tell you what I can. Just... this could take a while. Lets go somewhere we can sit down."
her room would be good, might help me clear my suspicions of her. Why does she bother me now? before she felt normal to me, but...
Lirian
As you begin apologizing to her, she turns around and approaches you once again. She listens to you with interest and a slowly-returning brightness in her eyes - perhaps from excitement, perhaps from curiosity. After you finish your statement, she spends a few moments quietly thinking to herself before looking directly at you and forming a slight smile on her face. With a tidbit of unsteadiness in her voice, she responds to you, saying, "Don't worry about it, m- L-Liri." She seems to be a little uncomfortable with calling you "Liri" at this point, but not in a particularly bad way. She seems to be saying it slowly, letting it roll off of her tongue. "I don't really understand much of what's going on, but I trust that my father will talk to you about this with honesty. He probably knows a lot more about these affairs than I do." She tries to widen her smile a bit more, though her eyes don't show the same emotion that her face does.

You suggest that you tell her a little about the situation, or at least some context surrounding it. However, she puts in front of her and waves, replying, "Oh, no, don't worry about me for now. I don't have much to do with this, I think. Well..." - she appears to be fighting herself as to whether or not she should accept your offer - "...maybe later, after you talk with my father. But I don't think it concerns me very much. If there is something for me, well, I would be glad to hear it. For now, though, I don't want to keep you waiting any longer. Please, go enjoy your meal for now. I have to prepare some things anyways. If you need me, just knock on the door to the hallway next to the dining room." She nods to you and turns around to start walking again, but catches herself and turns to speak to you again.

"I do appreciate that you considered me, though. Thank you. Is there anything else that you might need at the moment?" This time her smile seems to be more genuine than it was before. That feeling that you had before - of something that was off-putting - seems to have diminished a little bit. Still, you keep that feeling in the back of your mind. Instinct usually doesn't come up for no reason. However, she hasn't hinted at you that she might be involved with anything sinister. In fact, she's been rather hospitable since you arrived here.
Unfortunately, you're not able to find anything that would cause the unsteadiness. Instead of dwelling on it, however, you continue about your day.

((This will be pretty much a half-turn like with one of the turns above because it was just a dialogue response.))

"All right. Good to know."

Cromwell sighed, and looked at his food. He then looked over to the door that Lirian had headed through with their host, and thought about the idea of training more.

"We'll figure something out."

He went back to eating for now. Sometimes the best thing to do was to just bide your time.
Cromwell Jackson
Having ended your talk with the mysteriously-coherent cat, Tileno, you continue to eat quietly and think over your situation. Despite having received very vague answers, you feel like you understand a bit more now. At the very least, you now know that you have the support of Tileno and whoever follows along with him. You wonder to yourself: Is there a network of animals that works together to fight these Shadows? Maybe it involves humans, too. If there is indeed such a network, how would you go about finding where it is and where you could connect with them? You already have the ability to talk to felines, apparently; why not talk to other animals and see if you can get them on your side, too?

You stop your train of thought as you realize how stupid that would have sounded if you said it out loud.

Shaking your head, you continue to eat your breakfast. It's actually quite delicious, all things considered. After being thrown in the middle of nowhere, seeing your home come under assault by a foreign military, and experiencing your world being turned upside-down in the span of a day, you'd like to think that this turned out okay. You're still very confused, but the information that Tileno provided, however small, was helpful.

Hopefully, you'll be able to find a way back home, and find out what your purpose is here all the same. Obviously, you weren't just dropped here randomly. The existence of dialogue between you and the cats proves that.

((You have freedom to move around if you want. Once again, pretty much a half-turn until I can catch up with some organization and time-sync stuff.))

Eh Ah

It was odd seeing Magis. Eh Ah hadn't been here before, at least not that he remembered. It looked... distressingly unbombed.

Shout for a gate guard to let me in, assuring that I am entirely harmless. If there's no reply, start walking along the length of the wall, looking for a spot where the artillery might have blasted into a more passable state.
("It looked distressingly unbombed..." Well, from what you can see, anyways.)

Eh Ah
You spend a few more moments admiring the surprisingly clean state of the wall - at least, in comparison to the rest of the island. You would have imagined that the wall, or at least some parts of it, would have fallen during the bombardment. Still, you're only seeing one part of the wall. Perhaps there was more damage to be found at the other ends. Wishing to make your presence known to whoever resides here now, you shout out and announcing yourself as an unarmed visitor. As your voice bounces off of the wall and becomes lost behind you, you wait for a response to arrive. Several seconds pass by. Ten seconds more. Thirty. A minute. Nobody is walking on the top of the wall, nobody is calling back to you vocally, and nobody is opening up the gate. You call out again, repeating what you said before. Yet again, a minute passes without a response. Two minutes. Three. Still nothing. You listen carefully, but there is nothing there except for the ambient sounds of birds overhead, the swaying of trees, and the hollow sound of wind passing over you, almost like a soft whistling.

This goes against your previous thought of this place being occupied, and instead drives you to think that this place might indeed be abandoned. However, you're not so convinced yet. Instead of hanging out at this section of the wall and waiting for something to happen, you begin walking along the wall to the right and looking for an alternate entry path. It doesn't take long before you find what you're looking for in the distant part of the wall. In fact, this is what you expected to appear before.

In this part of the wall is a massive hole where the gray slabs used to be, with rubble falling down the side of the wall and onto the forest floor. As you draw closer, it appears that there are some scorch marks around the edges of the hole, signaling to you that this is probably the result of either the bombardment or the direct invasion attempt by the Theyin Empire. No matter the cause, it is low enough that you might be able to climb through it. If there is indeed anyone on the other side, you can simply explain that nobody was letting you in, so you had to invite yourself. Though you struggle to climb up the rubble a bit, it doesn't take you all that much effort to hoist yourself up and climb through the wall.

From here, you see... nothing in particular. At least, nothing that seems alive. Bombed-out buildings, decaying in their shells, stand with caved-in interiors. They stand as stark contrasts to some of the buildings beside them, completely fine and healthily constructed despite what occurred a few days ago. You don't see anyone nearby, but you think that you can hear footsteps and voices in the distance. Perhaps they are Theyin Empire soldiers, perhaps they are commoners of the Magis, perhaps they are guards of the Magis. You won't really know for sure until you explore a little bit more.

((Same from above, half-turn because you didn't really move all that much.))

Warren Drake

Liquor is liquor, clearly. The objective here was to get drunk, not ask questions. And that is exactly what will be done.

Head inside the shop and get some fine rotgut from Jeb. Have a little bit to start off if all goes well.
Warren Drake
Well, no sense in making sense of the senseless.
Time to drown yourself in sweet bliss. Later, you can figure out what this all means. For now, a little bit of cloudiness here or there wouldn't be so bad. After all, it's not like there's much else you can do in this blasted place.

You saunter into the liquor shop with not much care in your step. Examining the place, you find that it is a modest but functional store. There are a few bar stools lining the counter at the back of the store. On the walls to the sides, cabinets filled with a variety of fine alcohols display their wares proudly through glass windows. There are a few wooden tables with chairs here or there, but the store mostly seems to serve for the purpose of selling the liquor, not for acting as a bar. The tables are unoccupied and only one attendant stands at the counter at the back, mindlessly flipping through a deck of Eloisian playing cards (60 cards to a deck, five suits of twelve cards each). Deciding to be straightforward with your request, you walk up to the counter and ask the single attendant if there might be any sort of cheap liquor for sale here. He puts the cards down on the counter and rubs the back of his neck, having sat in the same position for what seems to be quite a long time. "Now, are you looking for something entry-level in terms of liquor, or just something quick and dirty?" He asks you. You respond frankly and tell him that something uncomplicated and quick to intoxicate would be fine. He shrugs his shoulders and moves quickly over to one of the cabinets on the right side of the store. He taps his fingers on the glass as he hums, looking for a liquor that would do just the trick. After a few moments, he finds just what he's looking for: A medium-sized, dark-colored green bottle of liquor with a dirtied label on it that says: "JACK-QUAIL ROUGH ABSINTHE .750 L," along with a few other descriptors indicating its place of origin, alcohol content, ingredients, and the like.

He retrieves the bottle from the cabinet and displays it to you, saying, "Eighty-six hita for this bottle of absinthe. Should do you just fine." You dig into one of your pockets and look for some money. Pulling out some coins from your pocket, you frown as you find that you have 240 era, the currency of Atis. Doing some rough calculations in your head, you find that about 180 era should cover it. You give him some of your coins to cover exactly that cost. He examines the coins and raises an eyebrow, saying, "Era? I haven't seen these coins in a very, very long time. You come a long way, sir. But I'm sorry, you won't be able to pay with these." He hands you the coins and keeps the bottle with him. "Do you have any other way to pay, sir?"

Well, this has turned out to be somewhat of an annoyance for you.

((AAAAAAAA))

"'Thanks, ma'am, you've been wonderfully helpful," Cecil says as he bows a little, turning to leave the library.

He steps outside, blinking his eyes under the sun, ruminating over what exactly happened to him...

What was I supposed to take from last night?

He looks for a road sign before taking off to the town his betrothed was to be. ((I remember this was told to me earlier.)) Might as well try to find someone I know.
Cecil G. Palmer
((You would be correct on that.))
You still find your circumstances of location to be very strange. At this point, you're very uncertain as to whether you are fully sane or not at this moment. Perhaps you went into some drug-induced stupor and ended up wasted in the library? Wait, you would never do such a thing like that. That still does not explain the appearance of that room, the peculiar man from last night, and your apparent arrival here. It's all so strange. You hope that you can find some sort of answer to this conundrum very soon. Maybe someone you know can help. Someone who arrived here with you. Someone whose circumstantial meeting with you was also quite an awkward one, considering the events prior.

The lovely Diana Crown, who was, apparently, your wife-to-be, in accordance with an arranged marriage.
She arrived with you on this strange new place in the same boat that was used to escape Atis. Your father, for one reason or another, decided that it would be a wonderful diplomatic move to have you paired with one of the heirs to the Magis Kingdom. The Magis and the Aecrocians, in the past, had more than a few territorial disputes and scuffles when it came to culture, economy, and military power. A number of small issues or bouts of bickering were spawned here or there, but nothing to really amount to full-blown fighting. There were a few military incidents in the past, but the sizes of the two city-states were too small to continue in lasting fights. However, recently, that had changed with the expansion of the Magis Kingdom's territory further north and west as they sought to gain more land to accommodate their growing population.

Perhaps you and Diana Crown were considered bargaining chips - gifts to one another's city-states as olive branches to secure the welfare of the cities. But does that even count anymore, considering the destruction of Atis? Are you even to hold yourself to the bargain anymore? Maybe not. Nobody would know, considering that you are totally out of contact with Atis right now. However, what would come about after that? You don't know where you would go.

You shake your head as you put those final thoughts in the back of your head. If you keep thinking on like that, you're going to drive yourself insane. It's best to just keep moving on and discovering what you can from there. From what you know so far, the only person that may even be in this town that you know is Diana. Maybe she's around here somewhere? You walk down the sidewalks, looking around for her. Maybe she's near the dock? You would imagine that all of the commotion last night might have attracted more than a few people. Maybe she went to go see what went down, too. Hopefully, she knows something about-
"Hey!"

A familiar voice calls out. You look all around you. To your left, nobody. To your right, there are people moving about, but nobody that you recognize. To your front, still more strangers milling about, but no Ms. Crown. Finally, you turn around and your eyes widen as you find Diana Crown,  standing not too far away from you on the sidewalk. She seems to be happy to have found someone she knows, also. She waves and jogs over to you, her brown eyes bright with exuberance and morning energy.
Well, that didn't take too long to sort out.

((I exist! Don't worry!))

Enough experimentation for now. Now, I must train my brain. Get all the golems to do menial tasks, like move ores to be smelled, or chip at rocks with picks. While I do this, quiz my mind to increase my multitasking ability. What was my mother's name? What was my date of birth? What date was I exiled? How many shots from the attacking boats nearly murdered me?
When that's done, release control of all golems except a worker and my big iron plated protector golems. Focus control on both of them, and have them do a little training "fight." Just experiment with how well I can control directly multiple golems while fighting. Aim to not injure the smaller golem.

So sorry I forgot to put my action in!
((S'all good. Much better than my timing on turns, right? :D Also, no roll log for now, will return next turn.))
Rune
Now that you have tested the limitations of your powers, it's time to see if you can further increase the potential power of your mind. Your mental abilities seem to correlate with the strength if your various interactions with the golems;  therefore, it should seem reasonable that mental exercise will help improve your control of the golems. To exercise this ability, you set the golems to do different tasks all at once: mining away at a wall, moving stones around, navigating the tunnels, and the like. Additionally, you do some quick information recall to improve your mental strength in a different way. What was your date of birth? You can't remember the exact day right now, but you know that it was something like twenty-two years ago, maybe twenty-three now. You do know that you were born near springtime, so your birthday probably passed already. 

You were self-exiled about six eight years ago or so. It was after your mother died, when she used to take care of you and you used to live on the outskirts of the Magis Kingdom. You used to create ceramics and other clay figures, and your mother would sell them so that the two of you could live independent of the Kingdom itself. After her death, you attempted to integrate into the Magis community and attended school for a little while, but eventually headed out on your own, traveling between the Atisi and Magis communities. A month later, you found a home after you discovered the abandoned cave on the side of the volcano that watched over the entire island. There is where you made your craft and your life.

Oh, and in terms of boats nearly vaporizing you with artillery strikes, you were pretty safe, all things considered. At the very least, the mountain protected you as if you were in a bunker. The only problem was that the volcano started spewing lava and nearly incinerated you as you were escaping. Ah well. Nothing you can do about a few high-degree burns, right? You'll be fine in a few days or so.

Now that you've completed your meditation and exercise of mental connection to the golems, you cut off all of your connections to the golems and bond with only two of them: one of the workers and the protector. It's time for a different test - one that involves the combat abilities of multiple golems fighting together. If you can improve this ability and make it work so that two or more golems fight in tandem with perfect synchronization, you could have a very potent fighting force.

Just for a bit of entertainment value, you set up the other, non-participating golems in a ring around the two fighting golems. With one golem clad in iron armor and towering over the other, unarmored golem, it looks as if you've just organized the first golem fight in the world. Congratulations, you! Too bad nobody else is around to witness this once-in-a-lifetime event. Taking control of both golems and giving slightly more mental priority to the smaller golem, you begin to have them both fight each other using your own thoughts. The Protector heaves the warhammer in position and takes a swing at the smaller golem. The worker golem reacts by dodging out of the way to the right and sprinting forward to strike the Protector using one of his sausage-fingered hands. Testing the dodging skills of both golems at once, you have the Protector walk back and out of the way while also bringing the warhammer back to the right this time. The worker golem is tapped by the warhammer, yet is unfazed by this action and stomps down on the hammer, attempting to remove it from the hands of the Protector. The Protector yanks the hammer up and out of the way of the worker, causing the worker to trip under his own feet.

You continue in this manner for twenty minutes, having the golems fight each other. It's a rather pleasant experience; almost like a playground game, but with giant figures fighting instead of real people. You notice that you are becoming a little exhausted by exercising your mind in such a way, so you deactivate the golems eventually and sit down to rest. All in all, you're confident that the golems can be used to fight together with great effectiveness. However, you also know that using more and more golems at once debilitates your mental prowess. That is something you're going to have to keep in mind when fighting with these golems.

You are improving your skill of Intelligence.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: May 27, 2015, 01:14:09 am »

TURN FORTY-FIVE, PART TWO: BACK TOGETHER

THE SURVIVORS

I get into the line and  eat the food available to me then I go back to my room check myself for injury's then lay on the bed intending then closely before i go to sleep i remember the lie i told the demolitions team member. my guilty conscience then caused me to briefly consider admiring my lie before remembering how much trouble i would get in. I then changed my mind and went to sleep.   
Jack Weasly
That event put a downer on you on multiple levels: physically, emotionally, and mentally. It never feels good to be stomped over and to watch yourself fail after such a confident mood. Still, you've experienced this sort of solitary attitude before. It's nothing that you aren't used to anymore. Besides, you have a couple of friends - er, count those as coworkers, instead - who are able to support you in case you are ever set back so far.

Having received help from Aneita, you tell her that you appreciate her assistance, but that you'll be fine on your own. She responds with a concerned tone: "Are you sure? I don't want you to go hungry today. It's fine, I can cover for it." You shake your head, letting her know that it'll be alright. She shrugs and nods, saying, "Alright. Take care then, please. Don't get yourself into trouble." You try to put on your best smile and tell her that she has nothing to worry about. However, you're not that sure about your own words right now.

Your injuries seem to be mostly internal right now, comprised of a few major bruises here or there and some tenderness. However, there doesn't seem to be anything that will permanently damage you. For that, you are thankful; you already have enough problems in your life, considering that you are an orphan in one of the worst facilities this side of the Empire. How much more suffering could you bear before breaking down?

The meal that you are given doesn't help to satisfy you on this wonderful day, either. Practically nothing more than a slurry of dubious-looking meat, questionably-colored vegetables, and sparse seasoning makes your stomach turn inside-out, but there's nothing you can do to acquire a greater meal. Looking on the bright side, this might help to reinforce your immune system, considering the probably-awful condition that the orphanage kitchen is in right now. You take your seat at one of the long benches in the cafeteria hall and reluctantly begin eating at the mix of food - if you could call it that. It goes down your throat in a slimy manner, giving you chills. It doesn't look like you're getting out of this, so you might as well make it quick. You down spoonfuls at a time, trying to get the appalling taste past your gullet and into your stomach as soon as possible. Your body will protest this later, but you're thankful for the moment.

Sullen, you walk back to your room and plop down on the bed, sighing audibly. This day is no different than the rest that have passed in your life. It's just a constant stream of substandard lifestyles, injury, and slight comfort from Aneita and Jack. Sometimes, you attain the willpower to try and push out of your current scenario, but even then, your options are limited. Still, the information you got today might bring you a little bit closer to freedom.

Freedom is the ultimately goal here. You keep saying it over and over in your head. One day, you will be free. One day, you will be able to go about building your own life. One day...
You slowly close your eyes and drift into an uncomfortable slumber.

((You can choose to interrupt your sleep with an action or just wait it out, to where I will deliver the next turn and tell you what happens from there.))

((...Oooooo. Mystery [6] roll ._. I am thus very intrigued. So little detail. So brief. So impactful.
I like.))

Eleri

Eleri reflected on her studies--the academy was good for many things, foremost being their studies and applications into reality. She remembered a concept, then pondered on its application. Looking at Flynn and measured his weight, and pondered once more on how strong she was.

She pouted, before looking out into the horizon. His injuries were mostly in areas which were...vital. Or so she knew, anyway. What came to her was how to get to where he wanted: the mountain path offered a great variety of occurrences given the height (especially the incident lack of insects and other biting creatures, which she loathed with a vengeance), though countered by her own endurance and awareness. She was fast and agile on her feet--as much as her professor noted her capabilities--and was taught many ways to develop her mental strength...instead of physical strength. Mental strength which she concluded she needed more in this scenario: Flynn was an...exceptionally intriguing person.

Looking at Flynn, she gave him a question. "We'll take the safe route, and not risk any passage through dense forest. We'll be taking the mountain trail, though you should mention if you're tired. I'm not a strong person, but I can carry you for quite some time. You can't walk, but you can hold things: I want you to hold that long stick I've found, and I'll bring my knife. You mentioned the 'north' side of the island right? I'll use the sun to guide me, after we can assess the path from up high. Are you alright with this?"

She wondered how large this island was, having only seen the beach and the surroundings for basic necessities.

"And if we're encountering anyone--maybe we'll talk about that on the way. I have some food in stock, but it won't last much. You can have two thirds of it and are welcome to get as much as you can carry otherwise." She thought about the heat and the danger of his condition, especially being openly exposed to the elements. "And I can probably find some cover for your skin and wounds. You can wear my gloves if we need to climb. I think we're set for this journey. Only problem is the How part, now."

Begin gathering supplies, as well as making sure Flynn is properly equipped and taken care of, then HEAD OUT! :D
Probably take shifts in carrying him, and resting my strength throughout the journey. Try to bring water.

Eleri
The journey will take an incredible deal of effort. You'll need to be able to plan out how you're going to go about this in a steady manner. If you try to hurry too fast, you might risk tiring yourself out too quickly or putting the two of you in a very dangerous situation. On the other hand, if you are too slow, you face the risk of Flynn not being able to make it to his acquaintances' house fast enough, and potentially dying out in the middle of the island. It's also very risky for you too, considering that you have not had the chance to explore the entire island yet. What if you get lost, or don't have enough food or water to make it back to this part of the island in time? Well, you guess that you could start over on another part of the island, but there are still uncertainties everywhere.

It would be against your morals to let him die out here by himself, however. You're going to try, for his sake.
You don't have many supplies to take with you. You could take the bucket and fill it with fresh water, allowing you to have water for a great portion of the journey. Additionally, you might be able to take some of the food with you, though you don't seem to have a container to keep the food in. You could possibly use the clump of webs as a makeshift container; how well it would hold up, however, remains to be seen. You work hastily and assembly the clump of silk into a crude yet workable web, able to carry a few fruits or so. You're probably going to have to redo it a few times through the journey, but there's nothing else you can use right now to substitute. Finally, you hand Flynn one of the long branches, telling him to use it as a walking staff if he ever needs to walk on his own. Hopefully he won't, but you have to prepare for the worst.

With all of your meager supplies in order, you take a deep breath and reassure yourself that this will turn out okay. You turn to Flynn and explain to him the situation: About how the two of you are going to travel, how your supplies seem to be right now, and what you would do in case you came across anything. He nods along and seems to be preparing himself for the journey in an emotional way also. As you talk, he responds to your questions. "Yes, the north side. I think I know it well enough. The problem would be where we are.. in relation to that place. Based on the way I traveled and the sound of the ocean, we could be anywhere from the southern to the eastern portions of the island. I'm sorry that I can't give you a better description right now." Finally, you ask him if he is okay with the plan you just outlined. He turns his head to the side and exhales, saying, "Yes. I trust you to get me there safely." He manages to smile a little bit, giving you a modicum of courage - just enough to continue confidently with this plan. At the end, you explain to him a few extra things. He seems a little concerned when you mention coming across other people along the journey, but he listens quietly still. When you finish, he nods and offers his own advice as he can, stopping here or there to think or to respond to his healing injuries.

"I'll try to help.. where I can. There's not much I can do, but maybe I can help you if you can describe the terrain as we move. Maybe I can get a better image of where we are as we move. I don't think I'll be able to walk for long, but maybe I can walk by myself for long enough to let you rest a bit. I'll try, at least." He laughs weakly as he says this. "I don't think I'll need too much food. Water, yes. But if you need food, take it. You'll need to be the one with the most strength for the hike. I can't do much on my own right now. I'll be able to rest when I get to the mountain house. I'll let you know how I will be throughout the walk. You also need to let me know when you need rest. I can walk for a bit, like I said. We should be relatively safe for now, I think. Most of the dangerous animals prefer to stay away from the trails and stick to the forested areas. Night time is where it gets a bit more worrisome." You take in all of this information and process it, thinking over how you want to go about this. After a few more minutes of preparing yourself mentally, physically, and emotionally, you decide that it's time to head off, before any more time is wasted. When the night comes, you'll probably have a much more difficult time navigating unless the moon is out bright, which you cannot rely on right now.

Well, then, it's off to the mountains. You collect your fruits in the makeshift silk cloth, wrap it up, and hang it on the top of Flynn's staff, allowing him to carry it passively while you walk along. You retrieve the bucket and set it down next to Flynn. Finally, you take Flynn and instruct him to throw his arms over your back, hanging in front of you. He complies and you lift him up into standing position with great effort on your part. He winces slightly, but tells you that he will be fine in this position. You reach out one of your arms and grab the bucket, passing it on to Flynn and telling him to hold it while you hold him in place. It's a very awkward setup, but it works, and it looks like it will be the least physically punishing for you during this journey. Still, that makes the weight no less pressing on you. You don't have very much physical prowess; though you have endurance, it's going to be a struggle to hold him in place for long.

One quick stop to the spring later and now you're on your way. After putting Flynn down, filling the bucket up with water, and picking him up again, you start off at a steady but hastened pace. Might as well make the best you can out of the daylight before it diminishes. The noontime wind brings with it a cool and relaxed environment, helping you to remain under control despite the strain against your body. One minute, two minutes, five minutes, ten minutes pass. You're moving up and down hills, trying to minimize your change in altitude as you go, but finding it inevitable that you will climb and descend the hills, your legs protesting as you move along. You've still not seen anything of a trail of sorts, with only the dense forest and the green hills surrounding you currently. Furthermore, the stress on your body is mounting. You might need to take a rest so soon after all.

You're currently on top of a small flat area in the middle of a gradual slope. The tall grass clings at your feet and makes you a little itchy, certainly not helping in this situation. Trees extend along the hillsides around you. The hillsides themselves make a 'C' shape out in front of you and slope down to a curving valley below, which is where you came from a few minutes ago. Uphill and behind you marks your direction of travel. The hill seems to ascend for a decent fifty meters up before smoothing out and becoming relatively level once again.

Look for large leaves or leafy plants (anything similar to lamb's ear?) to cover the wound and long grass or reeds to tie the leaf over the wound, then rinse the gashes and the bandage supplies off in the stream and then tie the leaves over the cuts using the grass/reed.
If suitable supplies cannot be found cut patches and/or strips off of my clothing (I do have some, right?)

Jonathan Eridis
You've been in this sort of situation before. Having lived in this uncaring forest environment for so long, you've come to expect these types of injuries. Unfortunately, you didn't plan for such a risky move to turn out so terribly. Still, there's nothing that you can do to go back and fix it now. You're going to have to roll with the punches and find a way to bandage and keep moving to a place of safe refuge. You look around quickly, searching for some plants that may be of use in helping you to bandage. There's a small bush to your side, but the leaves on it are too small to use. All around you, trees tower and screen the sky above you, but none of the leaves from these trees will help to cover your wounds, either. You're going to need long leaves preferably - the gashes that you have run up your arm and your leg, respectively. The problem lies in the fact that there seem to be none of these types of leafy plants around you at all. Against your body's will, you pull yourself up and rest yourself up against a tree. Scanning the riverside and searching for some suitable vegetation, you find nothing worthwhile that will help you in this situation.

Looks like you're going to have to resort to using fabric from your own clothes to complete this task. Using your knife, you carefully begin cutting out strips of fabric from your own clothing, starting from your sleeves and working down to your collar area. After fashioning two reasonably-size pieces of brown cloth, you begin to bandage your two major wounds. You grit against the pain as your wounds sting when coming in contact with the dirtied fabric. It's certainly not a desirable situation, but there's not much you can do right now to remedy that. You keep your mind focused on the bandaging of the wounds and push through the stinging pain to fully complete the bandages.

After setting the last bandage, you examine the bandages and tug gently at them to ensure their security. Unfortunately, it looks as if they are going to fit poorly. The cloth doesn't really have the strength to last very long, you think to yourself. They have a relatively good chance of slipping free of their knots and unraveling or simply tearing as you brush up against a multitude of objects. However, the daylight is already dwindling. You can't spend any more time trying to secure them snugly. For now, you're going to have to deal with this. Once again fighting the pain of your leg, you  walk slowly and carefully over to the stream and gently put your leg in. You gasp audibly as the contact of the water with your leg causes your body to complain against your decision. Still, you keep your leg in the water and begin to gingerly wash it clean. It hurts greatly, but you manage. You do the same with your arm and, after all is done, find that your leg and arm seem to only harbor a mild pain now. You should be able to walk a reasonable distance without hurting yourself, though you should probably stay away from stunts like the one you pulled previously.

The last of the daylight is gone now. You are at the side of the stream, with your supplies next to you. You can hear the rustling of the trees as the wind caresses the vegetation and runs along the edges of the cliffside. The water falling over the cliff provides a steady rumble to accentuate the melody of the forest. You can hear the chirps and clicks of some insects as they go about their busy nights in the sylvan environment. Strangely enough, you cannot see any of the stars above you. Perhaps the cloud cover is too dense this evening? Similarly, you cannot see the moon, though this may also be because of the clouds. If this is the case, you expect rain to come soon enough again. This is quite reasonable considering the events in the early morning before.
At any rate, now's the time to find shelter.

Author's Note: This took me a while to write due to finals, homework shenanigans, and life problems in general, but it's here! Also, summer vacation has arrived, so expect the updates to arrive even more frequently! I'll try my best to get them out ASAP, but also allow time for people to write. Hopefully, I'll be able to get updates out in a week or so.

Thank you and have a wonderful week,
Artemis.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: May 27, 2015, 07:36:32 am »

Warren Drake

Warren tilts his head. The setup was just too good, damn the consequences. He leans in toward who he assumes to be Jeb, smiling a little.

"Are you sure we can't work something out, sir?" he asks in a playful tone, fluttering his eyelashes.

If we can't work something out, tell him seriously to hold on and take a short trip to a money changer if I can find one, and exchange my coinage for something people here would accept. A money changer shouldn't be that hard to find - they ought to have some form of sign with money on it.

Eh Ah

So there were people here. That's certainly a relief.

Explore a little, but don't seek contact with the locals - first get a sense for who exactly is around here, and just how friendly they might be.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: May 28, 2015, 04:27:30 am »

\
Author's Note: This took me a while to write due to finals, homework shenanigans, and life problems in general, but it's here! Also, summer vacation has arrived, so expect the updates to arrive even more frequently! I'll try my best to get them out ASAP, but also allow time for people to write. Hopefully, I'll be able to get updates out in a week or so.

Thank you and have a wonderful week,
Artemis.
DAF, If I ever get through with rewriting my RtD and posting it once more (as well as other forum related projects), thanks goes to you--even if it doesn't happen!
My point is you're inspiring. :I
And the thanks is inspiring. I:

...Also Murphy's Law?

Eleri
Quote from: Positioning
You're currently on top of a small flat area in the middle of a gradual slope. The tall grass clings at your feet and makes you a little itchy, certainly not helping in this situation. Trees extend along the hillsides around you. The hillsides themselves make a 'C' shape out in front of you and slope down to a curving valley below, which is where you came from a few minutes ago. Uphill and behind you marks your direction of travel. The hill seems to ascend for a decent fifty meters up before smoothing out and becoming relatively level once again.

Eleri looked down at the grass and took a deep breath--the smell of the soil invigorated her senses, though she felt her body heat telling her on her fatigue and stamina. She felt alive, and getting acquainted with Flynn's weight was becoming easier as the hours passed. Looking around, she was glad that they were not in worse conditions. The underbrush was mainly just grass, and she knew how to groom and take care of any pests which may latch on, or 'spike seeds' which cling to cloth.

Check supplies & Plan to scan surroundings from the top of the hill
((I'm thinking of this as a simplified concept of {Travel to X} wherein we use an amount of food at set times per day, if we're not interrupted at all :D))

Looking back at Flynn, she cast him a smile and pointed to the hills with her eyes, lifting her eyebrows to get the point across. She decided a bit of chat would help.

"So, Flynn. What got you all worried about death and such ideas? From what I know, people usually don't speak of those things unless its a current probability, instead of something in the future, or for discussion. You looked worried back there. Are you worried now?"

Get over that hill and continue onwards!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: May 28, 2015, 09:16:47 am »

Lirian

Well, now to wait for Erin's father, get some more knife-practice in, and so on. I return to the dining area and eat breakfast.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: May 28, 2015, 12:11:34 pm »

continue sleeping

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: June 03, 2015, 07:51:55 am »

Try to find a tree with dense foliage to sleep under in case of rain, eat something since I'm probably hungry by now, then go to sleep. Try to keep it to a light sleep though, this is unfamiliar terriotry and outside of my comfort zone.
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: June 03, 2015, 07:17:50 pm »

Go left.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: June 05, 2015, 06:11:35 pm »

"Diana! There you are - I've been looking for - Nevermind, I'm just glad to see you again." He sighs softly, smiling as he sees a familiar face after what happened last - last night, that's right.

"Are you okay? Where did you end up? I spent a night in the library here." He walks over to Diana and just gives her a hug. Damned if they're betrothed, he's just glad to see her. "You're the first familiar face I've seen here."

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: June 05, 2015, 07:35:25 pm »

Sorry for not posting, right now I'm showing a student the grid, right?

Show my best student the wonders of the grid
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: June 06, 2015, 06:07:08 pm »

Keep training my mental capacity. At the same time, have three golems all fighting in a free-for-all to train myself with fighting multiple targets using golems at once.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 76