Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 76

Author Topic: Roll To Medium: Awakening [Chapter VI]  (Read 144298 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Medium: Recursion [Chapter V]
« Reply #825 on: February 20, 2015, 04:02:29 am »

Eh Ah

Walk around the volcano. Take in the sights of Atis, survey the land. Anything abnormal that I can see?

Warren Drake

"I am in fact completely lost, yes. I have no idea where this is or how to get back to where I was. Or even what day or year it might be. Would you have any helpful information about that?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: February 20, 2015, 10:43:48 am »

"I had a bit of an adventure last night. I stayed up and decided to see what showed itself. Turns out those stories of nasty things at night have a lot more truth to them than I'd thought. Could you tell me more about them, and about Mr. Artemis?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: February 20, 2015, 04:28:16 pm »

"Lirian! There you are."
Cromwell quickly headed over to where she stood.
"I need to tell you something. These shadow things... that you seem to have come across already... Anyway, they can't see you if you sleep! So we just need to make sure we actually go to sleep at night, and we'll be safe from them."
He waited for a response before continuing.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: February 20, 2015, 08:41:43 pm »

Spoiler: Eleri's dialogue (click to show/hide)
ASK
Eleri
You are unsure of how to properly answer his question. If you were to be completely truthful, you might freak him out because who you really are. Because of this, you're going to have to be careful with your wording. You don't want to lie to him, but you also don't want to disturb him in some way.
"Because I don't want to hurt you."

Well... it's a start.

Before you let him interpret that in the wrong way, you are quick to correct yourself. "Ah-um, not in the way it seems to be I mean! Or, or... I don't-...look nice. I mean, I'm uncertain that you...are...ok. With me... and b-by that, I mean please don't open your eyes. I look bad, and shock people."

You let that sit for several moments more before deciding to finish off your answer properly. You hope that he will not react negatively to your answer.
"I feel more comfortable that way. It's...a thing with me. Don't worry. Now about you--do you recall what happened before being deposited by the spring? Do you have any memory of a blackish, brackish liquid on your person?"

He mulls over your words for a bit more before replying to you. This time, his voice is softer, but not in a bad or worrying way. He seems to be a bit more comfortable now. "A-alright. Sorry if I bothered you, it's just that.. w-well, I can't really see much any.. anyways." With that mattered put somewhat to the side, he begins to answer your own questions to the best of his ability.

"I.. wasn't really deposited, y-you could say. I was running from the monsters. I could feel something slick on my arms, y-yeah.. it was.. this weird goo, I think. The monsters.. got very close to me. They, um.. wounded me, as you can see. A few scratches here or there. But, yeah, I tried to follow the sound of the spring. Once the monsters left me alone, I needed to get to water. The goo was making me feel sick and.. disgusting. It felt.. t-terrible. I think I just collapsed from being too tired before I got to the s-spring.

I don't know where.. where the monsters came from, or w-why they attacked me, or why they left me alone after. Maybe they lost track of me.. maybe they weren't interested anymore. I don't.. I don't want them to come back, though.."

He seems to be shaken by his recollection of what happened before he ended up at the spring. With his injuries, you're not really surprised by this. Thankfully, though, he is under your care. You don't have much with you that you could use to protect him, however..

Warren Drake

"I am in fact completely lost, yes. I have no idea where this is or how to get back to where I was. Or even what day or year it might be. Would you have any helpful information about that?"
Warren Drake
The lumberjack raises his eyebrows and looks at you with a skeptical face. He folds his arms in front of him and responds to you with an amused tone. "You been living under rocks your whole life or something? How do you not know what year it is? Tshh, whatever. None of my business, I guess. 'Tis the year 1462 C.L.Y. I think that today is the 28th... no, 29th of Mamote."

He looks you up and down, noticing your tired appearance. "We have a tent that you could stay in if you need to, food and water included. Where you from, and do you know how you got here? Maybe a direction, distance, anything like that would help."

((Mamote is the third "month" out of fourteen in the "Kathosian" calendar, which is pretty much the standard for most of the world when tracking the course of the year. Mamote is one of the more temperate months went it comes to temperature around the world, though climates vary from place to place. It is also one of the longer months, containing roughly four and a half Earth-weeks in terms of days. In terms of years, C.L.Y. means Common Living Year.
Though, of course, time in Dzive is not parallel to that found on Earth.))

"I had a bit of an adventure last night. I stayed up and decided to see what showed itself. Turns out those stories of nasty things at night have a lot more truth to them than I'd thought. Could you tell me more about them, and about Mr. Artemis?"
Lirian
Erin looks at you with a confused expression. "W-what..? Wait, so you.. went after those things? But I thought they weren't really, y'know, real. How did you..
..I'm sorry, I am being impolite. Um, Mr. Artemis.. oh, you mean Sir Dimikaelo? He was here yesterday, but I don't know very much about him, I'm sorry. My father seems to work with him. Maybe you should ask him when he's done with his work. He should be around in an hour or two."

Erin welcomes you inside and closes the door behind you. You notice that, in the hallway leading to the left, the white fluffy cat strolls in with a relaxed posture. The cat seems to almost smile at Cromwell, with Cromwell's confused expression developing further.

The mannerly girl turns to Jack as he begins to call over to you.
Looks like he has something to say..

"Lirian! There you are."
Cromwell quickly headed over to where she stood.
"I need to tell you something. These shadow things... that you seem to have come across already... Anyway, they can't see you if you sleep! So we just need to make sure we actually go to sleep at night, and we'll be safe from them."
He waited for a response before continuing.
((By the way, your character actually already confronted Lirian about this the night before.))

You didn't think that Erin could look any more perplexed, but she has managed it somehow. She puts her hands up and talks to both you and Lirian.
"Wait, wait. I apologize for interrupting, but.. I thought that it was just a myth. I didn't actually think that it was real, but you two are talking as if it's actually happening. I don't understand. Did.. did you guys find something out about this story, or are you just, um, joking?"

I'm sorry, but my companion doesn't really understand our situation. You might want to keep it under the covers until we can explain more about what we're doing, or you'll be seen as insane. Who knows? You might be insane already!

The groomed, white cat, Tileno, sends messages into your mind once again in a smooth, intelligent voice that matches Tileno's external appearance. He stretches out on the floor and looks between you, Erin, and Lirian every once in a while.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: February 21, 2015, 05:46:17 am »

Warren Drake

"I'm from Atis, and I'm not sure how I'm here now. I am sure, however, that there's supernatural events or very vivid and halfway consistent hallucinations involved."

Mentally compare the date to the last confirmed date in my mind. When did this business start? Is it the same calendar as what I'm used to, or does Atis use a different one?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: February 21, 2015, 11:34:33 am »

"I'm being completely serious. They're very real, and Sir Dimikalo has something to do with them, though I'm pretty sure he fights the things. I'm kinda mad right now to be honest, people are keeping secrets that are getting people hurt, and two of the people doing that are your father and Sir Dimikalo. I'm sure that they have a good reason, but this has to stop."
I turn to Cromwell again.
"Yes, I remember, but that doesn't mean I can sit idly by. I have a promise to keep."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: February 21, 2015, 12:57:09 pm »

Keep moving, but stay alert and try to minimize the noise I make.
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: February 21, 2015, 01:11:37 pm »

Cromwell sighed.
"I figured you'd say something like that. I just don't want you getting killed. You can't keep a promise if you aren't around to fulfill it."
The Derail Thread

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: February 21, 2015, 01:25:30 pm »

I glare at Cromwell for several seconds, then take a slow breath, shake my head for a moment, and then look at him again having regained my composure, mostly. my eyes almost immediately flicker down a little, and then way off to the left. I still don't give an actual response to his words though.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: February 21, 2015, 01:40:37 pm »

Cromwell crossed his arms.
"You know I'm right. I'm not trying to stop you, because I know you won't. You just can't be reckless about this."
He unfolded his arms, and sighed again.
"Next time you head out, I'm coming with you, so you don't get yourself injured again, alright?"
The Derail Thread

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: February 21, 2015, 06:24:01 pm »

Alex would smile. With a silent prayer to the gods, he would attempt to send shards of ice at the doctor.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: February 21, 2015, 09:36:31 pm »

"Maybe, maybe not. We have a few hours, come outside and draw your weapon. I need to see what you can do. I'm not going to take someone who will just get themselves hurt."

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: February 21, 2015, 10:59:35 pm »

Cromwell opened his mouth, then closed it again.
"A weapon. Right."
Cromwell looks about for something emulating a weapon.
The Derail Thread

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: February 21, 2015, 11:46:39 pm »

"You don't even..."
I sigh, then draw one of my throwing knives and hand it to him, hilt first.
"Here, now come on."
I walk out to a clear, mostly level area with few rocks and turn around.
"Now, you ready?"

if he says he's ready but his stance and grip is poor:
"No you aren't, here, you need to stand like this."
and train Cromwell in knife fighting

if he says he's ready and he actually has pretty decent form:
spar with him and see how he does.

if he attacks without saying he's ready, but in poor form:
"Good try, and people don't announce their attacks in real fights, but you still need a lot of work."
disarm him, chide him, and then train him in knife fighting.

if he attacks without saying he's ready, in decent form:
"heh."
spar with him and see how he does.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: February 22, 2015, 01:27:30 am »

((Since Lenglon seems to be making actions based on my response, I'm going to stop reading it, and post mine.))

Cromwell took the knife, thankful that the hilt was offered first, since it bugged him when people didn't know to do that.
"Yeah, of course I'm ready. Should you start, or should I?"
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 76