Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 76

Author Topic: Roll To Medium: Awakening [Chapter VI]  (Read 144164 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Medium: Awakening [Chapter VI]
« Reply #1050 on: December 28, 2015, 08:18:50 am »

((Had Christmas stuff to deal with, as well as spending some time with friends for the weekend.))
(([...]
Review: ...My wording is very messy. There go my literary skills.))
((Your writing's quite nice for the purpose.))
((This made me cheery. Thank you! c: ))

Eleri weighed the possibilities. She knew how carrying Flynn took a burden on him, and his wounds seemed uninfected at the rate of healing--but better to be safe, she decided to venture on a cautious note.

"I'll walk you to the border--in that time, could you think about the best route I can take to find that cave? I'd like it if you were in safe hands first before carrying you off back to the forest. Just give me directions and significant landmarks so I can get my bearing. I can deal with cave spiders too, if...that's where I've to stay." Eleri adjusted her grip on the boy as she took stock of her supplies. "You can also take anything I've brought for this. Your trip is as much as mine. I just want to see you off safely."

Deep inside, she addressed the memory of her mentor. You were right...it's a brilliant feeling, being able to help others just because.
"So, what do you say? Just give me the directions and I will go, and I am adamant of seeing you off safely before anything else. I'll be watching you contact the Prestons nearby."

Coordinate [Will he say yes, or say I really, seriously, need directions?]; then stealthily hide and watch Flynn approach allies :D

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: December 30, 2015, 11:16:46 am »

"I think you're as tied to this as me. If we stay together, we can help each other, but we can also do that split apart, finding things from opposing angles, and either way trouble will follow us. I'm fine with you doing what you will, just so long as you keep striving and active. Don't grow complacent, okay? Stay actively searching for answers. I still think we are missing an important piece of information about this place."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: December 30, 2015, 11:33:25 am »

Well, good luck searching. I will go to the park, and contemplate paradox in peace.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: January 08, 2016, 12:37:28 am »

I was going to put up a post talking about how I'm writing up the Intermission now, but today has been incredibly chaotic in both good and bad ways! I'm having to deal with a lot of stuff at home, which hopefully should be resolved by the weekend. No promises, unfortunately, but I am trying to get the Intermission and then the turn out by Monday. Hopefully.

If anyone else wishes to submit a turn still, now is the time to do so. If not, the turn will be coming shortly.

Thank you and I hope you have a very nice week,
Artemis

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: January 08, 2016, 06:38:23 am »

Am I still in this game? It's been a long time.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: January 10, 2016, 03:32:08 am »

Am I still in this game? It's been a long time.
Yes, you are! I don't boot anyone out of the game unless they withdraw voluntarily. Like I said before, characters still go through the world and, if need be, they are auto-turned by me indefinitely until their player returns. With the Intermission coming up, I will be going over what the "inactive" characters have been doing and what they have experienced. It's not going to be overly-detailed, but it should give everyone an idea of how things have progressed.

I have done a few actions with your character, but not anything overly dramatic yet. I will inform you of everything when the Intermission comes around - hopefully, by at least Monday.

Thank you,
Artemis

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: January 18, 2016, 11:04:21 pm »

CHAPTER SIX, INTERMISSION THREE, PART ONE: THE FORWARD MARCH OF TIME

Link to Part Two of this Intermission.
Link to Turn Sixty.
Time does not stop for anyone. This applies even to the characters of this RtD, regardless if their players remain here or not (for various reasons). From the shores of Atis to the despair-filled ore mines of the deep Theyin Empire, everyone here continues to move on. People develop, stories are told, and ultimately, the butterfly continues to flutter along, seemingly without purpose. Little can we know about the teleology of such a beautiful creature; perhaps, however, we can use the journey to predict the outcome.

Similarly, I hope to inform all of you on how these characters have continued to interact with the world, and how the world has continued to interact with said characters. For the sake of wholeness, every character that has entered in the world of Dzive will be gone over again - even those who still have active players. Due to the fact that my fingers can only take so much and that the active players should know most about where their characters are, the characters of active players will receive shorter descriptions. If anybody feels that they have not received a satisfactory amount of information regarding their character, please let me know and I will be more than happy to provide a more detailed response. However, for obvious reasons, I cannot give you information outside of your character's experiences.

This information will be included in the Compendium after I make certain that everyone is happy with the knowledge that they have been provided. Once again, do not hesitate to ask me anything if you're confused or if you have some feedback for me. I'll try to answer as soon as I can.

Without further ado, I hope you enjoy what your characters have created. It's been an incredible honor in being able to direct this RtD. I'm not entirely proud in my own ability - my tardiness and what I judge to be less-than-stellar prose at times worry me - but I have found much excitement in being able to read all of your replies. I hope that I have been able to exhort a similar sort of emotion from all of you, and if not, then I will continue to work to improve my storytelling.

Thank you so very much. Enjoy,
Artemis

THE FIFTH GENERATION

Eh Ah, Guardian of Love and Heart: The "I"

Perhaps one of the more interesting characters here is one who presents himself as a humble yet intelligent man of a colorful background. The "I" - the one who would be the cleansing agent for the stagnated waters - is, of course, Eh Ah. After the initial shock of the invasion, Eh Ah found himself trapped as a servant in the schemes of important figures. One of the most prominent figures to meet Eh Ah, Seira Theyin, has taken interest in Eh Ah's dealings and has taken him to be one of at least moderate trust. Her motives are still unclear and her words are murky, but Eh Ah doesn't have many choices for his life now.

After encountering a strange incident in which Eh Ah first interacted with his powers (accidentally, I might add), he followed under the guidance of the Empress and helped her in the search for information. She will not disclose all of the details of her ventures, but she does seem to be invested heavily in investigations on the island - especially considering her rather liberal use of destructive weapons on the structures of the island. First, Eh Ah journeyed to the Atisi village. There, he met with an older gentleman who enlightened him on some of the folktales that flow around the island, the strange occurrences that took place during the invasion, and the state of the island. After a short respite, Eh Ah then ventured to the Magis Kingdom.

The Magis proved to be a different story entirely. Unlike the Atisi village, which still had a healthy population and a sense of activity, the Magis Kingdom seemed to be abandoned entirely. At the very least, from the river banks to the castles, Eh Ah could not find anyone who appeared to be a civilian. But perhaps the strangest sight of all was a woman in the residential districts of the Magis Kingdom. She seemed to be unresponsive, yet just conscious enough to keep her balance and walk on her own. She would not blink, respond to his calls, or move from her position. Deciding that it'd be better for the Theyin forces to investigate her condition, Eh Ah took her to Aecrocia, where the Theyin forces had set up a provisional headquarters. The Empress took great interest in the appearance of that strange woman and thanked Eh Ah for his work.

Shortly, he returned to his bungalow in the lower section of Aecrocia. Lady Luck seemed to have something against Eh Ah, for his house was looted before he returned. Fear not, however, for the gallant market boy still had some pocket change left over that he was able to use to purchase some goods. With at least one foot back on the ground now, Eh Ah may be able to proceed onward and discover a little bit more about what the Theyins intend to do with the island, and what this all has to do with his apparent gravity toward the supernatural.

Diana Crown, Guardian of Lightning and Soul: The Electric Warrior

The story of the forsaken princess is one that represents one of the earliest ventures into Guardianship. Although she does not know it herself, Diana Crown is at the crossroads of various inter-linking timelines and relationships. Her status as Magis nobility gives her a certain level of access to higher channels; her (forced) engagement to the son of a radio network mogul would have given her even more power and access; and her skills and jubilant nature give her a unique perspective on life.

Diana Crown, being the promised daughter of fortune, journeyed in an escape vessel from the island of Atis to the shores of Survatas. There, she was to orient herself and, with the help of her brother, set up a diplomatic channel in representation of the Magis Kingdom. The objective was to alert members of the Jaunatne Coalition to the Theyin Empire's successful invasion of the island. That mission was thrown to the wayside, however, when Diana and her group were attacked by a rather mysterious force. Shadowy creatures in the night, with vicious temperaments and sharpened fangs, went after Diana and her brother. Along with them was a human figure, though Diana could not even hope to ascertain who that person was exactly. At this point, Diana learned about her true calling: the Guardianship. Using her powers as a Guardian, she was able to quickly dispatch her enemies. Despite this, she was still subdued by the mysterious figure.

Diana came to consciousness in a strange place. She was informed by a nurse that she was in the town of Perith. Her brother and guard had been found along with her; they were even more harshly wounded than Diana was, and their recoveries would take about a month to realize. Diana, however, was at least fine enough to walk around and venture about the town on her own. Deciding to take a look around, she came to the conclusion that she would need to work around in order to sustain herself in the town. At the very least, she would be able to then purchase transportation, which she and her brother could use to contact diplomats in the town.

After looking around for a job, Diana went back to the medical center to talk with her brother. Due to his injuries, he told Diana that he would not be able to accompany her on their objective for a little while. She would have to look around on her own to find assistance. Thinking back to the past, he told her that she might have more luck going to the port city of Makoi - not too far from where they already were - and asking for help from the city council there. The nurse who had previously tended to Diana informed her that she would also be able to stay in the medical center for several more days without charge. She resides there now - at least, for the moment.

Warren Drake, Guardian of Reptiles and Life: The Web of Spirits

In a similar fashion to that of the previous Guardian, Warren Drake also serves as the anchor point for many different stories. Coming from the main Atisi village on Atis, he is a man of simple tastes and the humblest of backgrounds. In fact, at first glance, he appears to be far-removed from the world of the Medium. One could say that he was simply a bystander who was accidentally swept up in the torrent of the Medium. Like most of the other Guardians, he, too, ended up on the coast of Survatas. The difference, however, comes in how he ended up there. One of the stranger elements of his Guardianship comes in the form of Darzenis, a sentient lizard that continues to follow Warren Drake around and pesters him incessantly. Despite this, Darzenis has managed to be somewhat of a guide to Warren. At the very least, Darzenis has been able to introduce him to his powers.

After arriving on the Survatan coast, Warren was able to meet up with some other strangers who were also, coincidentally, refugees from the island of Atis. They, however, were from more established backgrounds, unlike Warren. He stayed with these fine members of the nobility for a short while before being separated due to a peculiar happening. T'was the night of the Shadow, and such a night was hardly distinguishable from that of a nightmare. Warren appeared to be face-to-face with an alternate version of himself - though, for what reason, he did not know. Eventually, however, he was able to escape with the help of Darzenis. Along the way, Warren was introduced to another aspect of his power: the ability to turn into a reptile himself. Unfortunately, this was to his detriment, seeing as how the weather was not in his favor.

Eventually, he arrived at a small clearing after returning to a human form. There, he was introduced to a nomadic girl, who appeared to be living in a den cut out of the underground portion of a tree. She, too, seemed to have exhibited a sort of power that would point to no such earthly source. After spending some time at this place, he journeyed to a logging camp to seek out a town. From there, he arrived at a hamlet of sorts. Having become mentally exhausted, he took a short respite with the help of some liquor he purchased in the town. Returning from there, he made his way back to the home of the orange-haired girl and slept through the night there.

Warren has yet to hear back from Darzenis and hasn't had much in the way of personal direction yet. Considering that he was with no personal objective being here, he is entirely at the mercy of beings far greater than himself. With only a meager awareness of his own abilities and next to no assistance out in the wilderness, Warren has many a difficult task ahead of him.

"Unknown", Guardian of Fire and Chaos: The Anguished Mask

A silent, brooding figure, his lack of a name aptly describes his entire being. Having been raised under the care of a blacksmith in the Magis Kingdom, Unknown's story is like the silhouette of a crooked and tall figure. Perhaps he was destined forever to be under the wing of Chaos, considering that his inevitable introduction to the life of a Guardian would bring him that way. Maybe he grew into that personality and simply used the Guardianship as a means to realize his potential; or maybe it was entirely coincidence that his personality just so happened to match up with what being a Guardian would entail. No matter what the cause, however, the man known simply as the "Unknown" would surely deliver on his silent promise of Chaos.

At the start of the invasion of Atis, Unknown followed the blacksmith to the volcano, where he would know of a place to hide while the invasion progressed. Unfortunately, the place seemed to be occupied by a newcomer who would not let the two in. Following this, Unknown and the blacksmith went back to the center of the Magis kingdom, where the blacksmith's metalworks was located. Unknown, deciding it wise to check around the kingdom, went west to the walls of the Magis. There, he discovered that the invaders known as the Theyin were already breaking through the walls. Unknown took to one of the towers and succeeded in killing one of the soldiers using equipment stolen from the tower. He donned a Theyin uniform and attempted to survey the kingdom from the walls.

With the majority of the Magis forces retreating through the kingdom or dying, resistance forces were being rounded up, with some of them being executed. The blacksmith was among one of those who was executed. Angered and desperate, Unknown went into a state of rage and unknowingly triggered a mechanism that had been dormant for ages. This marked the onset of the Absolute Zero Form, a reactive mechanism of the Guardians that maximized the power of a Guardian in unstable conditions, usually for the purpose of survival or vengeance. He developed wings with electric outlines and black compositions, and took to the skies. Calling upon the core of his power, he unleashed the volcano as his primary mechanism for what he sought - chaos. Lava poured from the volcano down onto the island-battlefield of Atis, throwing the island - and the invading forces - into complete disarray. The invasion was thrown off its feet. Unknown's unchallenged power would not last long, however.

In the skies against him was Alex Raman, the Guardian of Ice and Death. He, too, had triggered his Absolute Zero Form. It was an incredibly rare occurrence for two Guardians to go into the Absolute Zero at the same time. Seeing as both of them posed a threat to one another, they engaged in combat in mid-air, utilizing the might of the ocean and the volcano to counteract one another. Eventually, Alex prevailed, dealing a heavy blow to Unknown and knocking him out of his Absolute Zero Form. Alex Raman did not last long, however; his overuse of his powers meant that he fell out of the air, too, and the chaos was stemmed for the moment.

Nobody knows what happened exactly to Unknown. Seeing as he was already a little-known figure, nobody was alive who was interested in seeking him out. Moreover, he could not even be found on the island, even if someone were to look out for him. It would seem as if he disappeared entirely. Whether he is alive or dead is still unknown.
Only time will tell if he will return again to exact his revenge, or to seek out new ways to hone in on his powers.

Rune, Guardian of Clay and Mind: The Entombed Prophet

An artist of clay by day, an... artist of clay by night, Rune stands as one of the most invested Guardians in terms of his power usage. Working nearly full-time on his powers, he seeks to create an army of clay (a Terracotta army of sorts, though not one for the afterlife). Utilizing this army, he plans to create a boat and use his army as a fighting force. Though his intentions are mysterious, his plans are laid-out and efficient. After initially discovering his power to animate clay soldiers, he moved his work from a cave near the volcano to the middle of the mainland forests. There, he had his golems dig out a complex system of tunnels.
In this tunnel system, Rune came across a rather puzzling find. Although he did not intend to be an archaeologist, he had stumbled upon a large, cylindrical cavern. In said cavern was a series of markings and engravings that seemed almost ancient. Upon exploring further, Rune unintentionally triggered some sort of mechanism with his powers. A door carved itself into the rock with a blinding light, and an encrypted message was left there for Rune. Upon deciphering it, he figured that it was a cryptic poem of sorts. Seeing as it was not his business to meddle with ancient (or, indeed, supernatural) affairs, he abandoned that cavern for the moment. The light had died down, and the cavern returned to normal, though with a few new engravings here or there that Rune did not make with his own hands.

Continuing his work, Rune had the golems dig out a set of rooms for him to use as metalworks and resource pools. Over time, he created more and more golems, with an emphasis on general-purpose clay golems. As he worked with his ability, he found that he was able to control greater numbers of golems. Rune then set about tasking the golems with mining ore, smelting, and creating weapons and armor for the soon-to-be warriors of his clay army. He continued to proceed in this fashion for a day or so.

Rune alternated his work. At points, he would use his powers to control large amounts of golems and give them tasks regarding mining or the moving of resources. On other occasions, however, he made use of focusing techniques and experiments to further his capabilities. Throughout all of this, Rune was relatively safe in his tunnel complex. Eventually, however, he was bound to be found accidentally by a passerby. Luck would have it that a group of adolescents stumbled upon the entrance to his tunnels. Finding himself short of options, Rune posed with his statue army and managed to get two of the kids to run off. The third, however, seemed to be unafraid of the golems. Rune took interest in this, thinking that she might know more than had let on. He let her go on the promise that she would return later to discuss with him the nature of the golems and his power.

Now, Rune is embroiled in a situation with the Theyin Empire. Imperial soldiers have found his base of operations and are interested in taking over the tunnels for military use. Rune has very few choices in this scenario, and may just have to give up what he's been working on if he seeks to avoid trouble. On the other hand, however, he could throw caution to the wind and test out his armored golem in a combat scenario.
With the allure of freedom being just out of reach, Rune may have to sacrifice some of his work in order to save his greater operations.

Alex Raman, Guardian of Ice and Death: The Vindictive Ghoul

It is difficult to describe Alex Raman using the domain of a single Guardian (then again, the Guardians would be incredibly plaid and boring if they were easy enough to describe using a single domain). He often straddles the line between the pillars of Death and Chaos. That is not surprising, consider that one of the two often follows the other. Instead, what never fails to surprise is Alex Raman's temperament. Having been given a deadly power, Alex does not slack in his department; that is to say, he is exemplary as an angel of Death.

Alex lived in the main Atisi village before the invasion of Atis by the Theyin Empire. There, he enjoyed life with the company of his girlfriend of many years. Love is often a direct path to Chaos; the relationship between the two is closer than one would think. During the invasion of Atis, Alex was separated from his lover and family. He experienced great difficulty in finding those who he loved. Eventually, his worry turned into fear and then hatred when he heard the despairing voice of his lover. At this point, he had triggered his Absolute Zero Form, giving him the power to realize what he desired most: the destruction of those who would dare to lay a finger on what he considered to be the most valuable in his life.

He had the powers of the entire ocean at his hands. Using his own energy, he manipulated water and froze it over, creating solid barriers around the island and splitting entire flotillas apart and snapping ships in two with practically no effort. Icy tendrils washed onto the island and threatened the invading forces. A  dome of ice was beginning to rise from the oceans and was on its way to barricading the island from invaders, while Alex himself used spikes of ice to kill the invaders. At this point, however, Alex was forced to engage in combat with Unknown, another Guardian who had also triggered his ability with the Absolute Zero Form. Alex was able to defeat his adversary, but could not sustain his power. He, too, fainted, and was transported to another world entirely.

After conversing with a rather mysterious woman in a dream, Alex ended up on the slopes of a high and snowed-over mountain. From there, he descended into the town below, believing it to be a Theyin territory. Seeking this out as an opportunity for revenge, he made his way to the gates and attempted to use the ice to subdue several guards. However, his powers would not comply with him; he was forced to surrender and was detained. In the town's jail, he tried to gain attention by injuring himself with the bed. Having developed a nasty wound, his captors were left with no choice but to transport him to the medical center. There, Alex took advantage of the elements to kill the guards and intimidate the doctor. His powers came at a high price, however; he was utterly fatigued by the time he exited the medical center.

To make matters worse, he found the town to be enveloped in chaos. An alarm had sounded; Guards were running all over the town, and shrieks and howls could be heard echoing off the walls of the town. Gunshots rang throughout the streets. Alex, bewildered and in need of escape, chose to run from the scene, working his way away from the jail and medical center. Through an incredible stroke of luck, he was able to avoid threatening situations with either the Theyin soldiers or the monsters of the night. At this point, however, Alex's fatigue had nearly made him pass out twice. He needed to seek refuge immediately. Although it wasn't the most pleasant, he could afford to spend some time in an abandoned garage on the far end of town. With the townspeople beginning to evacuate and the Theyin soldiers taking control of the situation, Alex drifted away into the world of the unconscious.

With the morning coming, Alex is now waking. At the very least, he is sure that he is not dead. When speaking of anything other than that, however, there is no measure of certainty available.

Lirian, Medium of Sword and Shadow: The Shadow Butterfly

An outsider by birth but still a very powerful and central aspect of the Medium, Lirian walks the border between two realities. One is the smashed-apart past vision of the Survivors; the other is the imperfect world of Dzive, where the fifth generation of Guardians awakens to its abilities. Like the other Guardians, her powers are only starting to manifest themselves. Despite this, she is already beginning to bridge the gaps between the different facets of the Medium, the Guardians, and the world itself. As she meets with both the new and old Guardians, she will be the factor that determines whether or not the Guardians will work together to rebuild or destroy the already-weakened connections to the Medium.

Being associated with the new generation of Guardians, Lirian lived on the island of Atis in the time-span leading up to its invasion. During the invasion itself, Lirian made her first contact with a peculiar being: Danielle Wrythwia, the "witch" of the Medium. She posed a dilemma to Lirian, in which she would either stay on the island and brunt out the invasion or escape into the eerie shadows of the forests and associate with what Danielle had to offer her. Although she was hesitant, Lirian accepted and was carried into an entirely different dimension. This is where she would learn of the Medium, the nexus that weaves different dimensions together. Incidentally, she would also learnt that she is to be the conductor of the Medium.

After her meeting with Danielle, she was transported to an unknown land, with snow and pine and frost covering the landscape. Searching around for a bit, she eventually met up with Cromwell Jackson, a Guardian, and followed the river valley to the town of Perith. There, she discovered a boy named Deon, who serves as a messenger for the Kito family. He took the two to Doctor Allen Kito, a botanist who works on the outskirts of Perith. Although Lirian was initially very suspicious of the Kito family, she eventually approached neutral terms with them and took their hospitality in a better light. The details of Dr. Kito's work still remain unclear, but Lirian later discovered that he has at least a basic understanding of the Shadows and is willing to cooperate to fight again them. It was around this time that Lirian was also introduced to Artemis Dimikaelo, the earl of Petal Bay county.

After the night of the Shadow, Lirian realized that Artemis had a much deeper understanding of the Shadows than he initially let on. Danielle had told Lirian before that Artemis was one of the most dangerous and volatile Guardians in the past, though he does not seem to remember this previous image of him. Considering that the Guardians were disturbed by the Break of the Medium, there may have been a disconnect between what the Guardians used to be and what they are now. Still very cautious over the powers of Artemis, Lirian watched over the town in the night as Artemis was expected to return. In an unseen manner, Artemis still managed to get an advantage over Lirian and locate her before she could do the same to him. Artemis informed her of what he knew of the Shadow, and she in return offered some of her information. Seeking an ally in her, Artemis asked her to join him in a military operation that concerned the Shadows. She accepted his request, but could not speak for Cromwell's will.

The tendrils of the Medium begin to wrap themselves around every single one of the Guardians already. Both the actors of the past and the present begin to emerge from the physical shadows, and the Shadows of the spirit begin to reveal themselves as well. Monsters of the night, with terrifying forms and powers yet to be revealed, start to terrorize those with weaker souls. The responsibilities of a Medium are clearer now than ever before. The present Medium, Lirian, walks a fragile line between absolute disorder and harmony. With the countless plots of humans and gods unfolding, Lirian is left as the one sole actor that is not bound to any one cause. Will she remain that way, or will she, too, be caught in the whirlwind of the Medium?

Cecil Palmer, Guardian of Radio and Fortune: The Candid Vicar

Few Fortune Guardians ever stray from the path of an oracle-like understanding of the world or the path of one who is guided by intelligent gambits and calculated risks. Cecil may straddle the line between both destinies, creating a unique hybrid that should be regarded as the standard practice for the new generation of Guardians. His abilities are, much like the other Guardians, still in the fledgling stage. However, his capabilities are endless and his way with rhetoric remains a powerful weapon, even if his Guardianship did not exist. Lifted on a pedestal of opportunity, he may have an even greater potential for chaos than the Chaos Guardians themselves.

Cecil G. Palmer started off as one of the most well-known radio hosts on the island of Atis. Atis had served for a long time as a communication hub for the world, and still remains an important center for technology and commerce. His father, too, holds a central position on Atis. He is the head of the Aecrocian government, and by extension, Cecil himself retains some of his influence. At the time of his invasion, he was sent off in a boat with the help of the Magis and escaped off the island. His father remained to take care of international affairs. With his bride-to-be, Diana Crown of the Magis Kingdom's royal family, he landed on the shores of Survatas. The main concern there was to get to a civilized place and to seek aid and/or diplomatic assistance from the higher powers in the Jaunatne Coalition. However, their objective was soon derailed.

On the night of the Shadow, the entire group was split apart. Cecil himself confronted a mysterious figure and eventually blacked out, overcome by the influence of the Shadow and not yet being able to access his powers. He recovered in the city of Makoi, being notified that his fiancée was not present. From there, he spent the day exploring the layout of the city itself. Although he was not yet familiar with the physical appearance of the city, he had heard it mentioned before as an important port on east coast of Survatas that had several ties to Atis. During the night, he was introduced to a series of phenomena that included voices echoing off the walls of the city, a strange man who spoke of the Shadows, and a sweet woman who protected Cecil during the night. Cecil still isn't sure if any of that even happened. At this point, reality has been distorted severely.

After that night, Cecil went around seeking directions. Perhaps he would be able to meet with Diana or her brother and figure out a better way to establish contact with the Atis government again; or, at the very least, they might know a better place to stay. For all intents and purposes, Cecil was no better than a wandering vagrant. His powers, too, gave him no valuable information at the time, and using his power proved to be painful. Almost entirely lost, Cecil was at the ends of his wit. To add on to his misfortune, he ended up stumbling over an artist and accidentally caused her to ruin her painting. Angry with him, she demanded recompense, to which Cecil had no answer.

After explaining his situation to the girl, he was able to convince her to help him out by providing transportation to a town down south - Perith. At the very least, he might be better able to orient himself from there; perhaps, then, he might find Diana or her brother. The girl obliged, seeing as she was already heading south, and would inevitably pass Perith along the way. She agreed to meet him at that spot in three hours. At the designated time, Cecil met her there. She had already packed her stuff in her car; all they needed to do was leave.

Cecil is currently napping in the back of the artist's car on the way to Perith. It's been a very strange day for Cecil, but at least he has taken comfort in knowing that at least one person has provided him a more tangible form of support. There are still many questions fermenting in the back of Cecil's mind, however. He still does not know how that man appeared on the docks, or why there was not a single other soul going about the town, or how he went into that alternate dimension with the robed lady. Is he going insane? It looks like it, so far. He has to find someone who can explain this to him; for now, though, he has a long trip ahead of him. He can afford to take a short rest; his work comes later.

Cromwell Jackson, Guardian of Cats and Light: The Cruciform Lodestar

In more ways than one, Cromwell serves as the beacon for the Guardians - the so-called "lodestar. Although his powers haven't developed all that much (with the peak of his ability pertaining to conversation with felines), he has certainly played an important part in the awakening of the Guardians. With the help of his feline companion, he has gone from the towering skyscrapers of Aecrocia to the frosted-over countryside of Survatas. Cromwell's life was turned on its head when the invasion of Atis occurred, as was the norm for most of the other Guardians. Even though he has not had the opportunity to discover the major part of his abilities yet, he still plays a central part in the formation of the new generation of Guardians, whether he knows it or not.

As said before, Cromwell lived and worked in Aecrocia at the time of the invasion. When the invasion struck, Cromwell was forced to evacuate his workplace. Near this point, he discovered that he could communicate with felines - namely, cats. His kitten, though of simple vocabulary, was able to urge him to go to the forest and to enter it. With that, he was transported to Survatas. There, he followed the river's valley for a short amount of time before coming upon Lirian. The two of them joined together in the interest of survival. It just so happened that Lirian, too, was a refugee from the island of Atis, and was similarly transported by an unknown force to this very same place.

After walking back along the river valley the next day, the two of them happened upon the town of Perith, where they were able to receive assistance from Doctor Allen Kito and his daughter, Erin Kito. This was also an important place for Cromwell, seeing as how his kitten recommended that they should seek out Tileno in the town ahead. Tileno is the puffy white cat that lives with the Kito family. Being able to converse with Tileno, Cromwell was able to glean some information about the Shadow and what their purpose was there. Unfortunately, Tileno could not answer some of the more complicated questions that Cromwell had, but he was satisfied for the moment.

After the night of the Shadow, where Lirian and Artemis fought together to repel the Shadows from the town, Cromwell became a bit more concerned about their mission. When Artemis came back to the residence to ask him to join them on a military operation, he was conflicted. He wanted to help the two of them discover what they could about the Shadows, but he would also be plunging himself into something that was far greater than anything he had ever experienced. Essentially, he would be throwing away his previous life in order to help the two in their task. Even now, he still cannot make up his mind about the situation. Will it benefit him more to go with them, or is his safety and eventual return to Atis more of a concern?

Arnequer, Guardian of Glass and Order: The Lens of Time

Arnequer belongs to a powerful lineage of Guardians. However, the way that he expresses that power may not be what is expected of him. In fact, his powers call back to an affinity that stretches back to the first generation of Guardians. He bridges two different aspects of the Medium together and represents the most recent Guardian to interact with the dimension of Time. Considering that the history of the island of Atis is a clouded one, his abilities may be instrumental in discovering what the past means for the most recent generation of Guardians, and how they can use that to determine the path moving forward.

Prior to the invasion of Atis, Arnequer served as the director of health services in Aecrocia. Although not a position of particularly strong influence, Arnequer was able to attain experience in his domain well before he would ever know that he would be a Guardian. During the invasion, Arnequer was forced to relocate to Summer Hall, where many displaced citizens were being kept. There, he first used his powers to organize people without question. Additionally, he was able to trigger a flashback in which he saw the last invasion of Atis, over seventy years ago. The extent of his powers is still uncertain, but their potential remains strong. Later, Arnequer would act as a representative for the Aecrocian government to Empress Seira Theyin, who proved to be more than a pompous individual.

Eventually, however, the situation with Seira Theyin and President Palmer, the head of the Aecrocian government, fell into a very unstable position. Seira, angered by Palmer's proposition, drew what appeared to be an extremely volatile device from her cloak, and seemed to be ready to detonate it if necessary. Arnequer, not wanting to deal with the fallout (potentially in both the literal and figurative ways) of such an event, intervened, pleading with the Empress to stand down and to negotiate on more reasonable terms. The Empress, though slighted, recovered her composure and demanded that President Palmer hand over control of the Atis government to the Theyin Empire. Unable to find an advantage in negotiations and essentially held at gunpoint, Palmer agreed and stepped down from his position.

Arnequer was able to defuse an incredibly dangerous situation, but he still had plenty of work ahead of him. Palmer was taken into the custody of Imperial forces as a term of negotiation; he would be released when the Theyins deemed that the region was stable enough and when military operations on the island were in their diminutive states. For the moment, Arnequer would serve as the diplomat for the remnants of the Atis government. Although he had no real power, he was able to persuade the Empress on several things; instead of allowing the Imperial soldiers to be so discriminatory to the locals, for example, he found it prudent to be on amicable terms with the citizens. Additionally, focusing on rebuilding the island's infrastructure would put the Imperial forces in a better light. The Empress did not agree with all of his assertions, but at the very least, he was able to establish a form of dialogue between the soldiers and the populace.

Due to the length of this information, the entire post will be split into two parts. The second part will be followed by the actual turn.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 11:10:37 pm by DarkArtemisFowl »

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: January 18, 2016, 11:05:37 pm »

CHAPTER SIX, INTERMISSION THREE, PART TWO: THE SURVIVORS

Link to Part One of this Intermission.
Link to Turn Sixty.

Cat Schrodinger, Guardian of Paradox and Order: The Presence Collider

Schrodinger's place within the Guardianship is a strange one. His powers, though not awakened yet, would seem to be unconventional, and he struggles with bouts of nightmares that seem to be surreal. Being the first of the Survivors to appear (other than those who have already been spread across the world, like Artemis), he lives as a professor on the island of Telenos. The University there is world-renowned for being credited with the majority of the work in regards to the invention of the "Grid," a method of interfacing computers from around the world that will transform society entirely. Schrodinger's work deals particularly with the notion of paradox, especially in regards to the "fourth dimension," also known as time.

Cat Schrodinger's story around the point of the night of the Shadow, like that of the other survivor Guardians, is short in comparison to the stories of those in the fifth generation. His island was not disturbed by the same sort of invasion that plagued the island of Atis. Instead, the mind of Cat Schrodinger has been haunted by an unknown sort of curse. For the past few days, he's consistently had nightmares of people dying and of marred landscapes that looked as if they were delivered directly from Hell.

After meeting with a woman and her retinue, Schrodinger delivered her message to one of the other faculty members in the University before retiring to his personal chambers. He slept the day off - yet again experiencing a similar flurry of nightmares - and woke the next day to a peaceful morning. Considering the chronic appearance of his nightmares, he decided to seek out an audience with his counselor.

Nothing entirely major has cropped up in the life of Cat Schrodinger yet. However, the stage is set for the end of Schrodinger's regular life. Yet, as with all of the other previous Guardians, the memories of a previous life still prick on the edge of his subconscious. Eventually, his past will catch up with his present and will reveal to him an entire part of his life that he never knew existed. His powers, though dormant, wait for the perfect opportunity to manifest themselves. Will Schrodinger's horrifying visions prove to be more than simple creations of the mind, or will he continue on without another thought of these disturbances?

Eleri, Guardian of Hope and Soul: The Crystalline Prism

A common theme of many of the Guardians that appear in the fifth generation speaks of the connections that each of the Guardians have with the past, present, and future. This resonates with Eleri, the Guardian of Hope and Soul, who in many ways is a unique type of Guardian. If there were a twelfth domain, she might occupy that slot all on her own. Still, the domain of Soul suits her well: her optimism, unfailing hope, and boundless concern compose the greater parts of her character. Living in a world that rejects her as an abomination of nature should have dampened her spirit; despite this, she remains alive as one of the greatest Guardians to have existed, in terms of her spiritual energy.

Eleri arrived on the island of Telenos through unconventional means. Having experienced a lifetime of prejudice and discrimination due to her physical appearance, she took to being a stowaway on  ship bound for ports on the other side of the world. Eventually, she was discovered and was forced to either jump ship or be detained, which would almost certainly mean her deportation back to her homeland and her return to square one. She managed to make it to the island of Telenos with the last of her strength and landed at the foot of a ghost town composed of ruins. Over the course of a few days, she regained her strength and began to make a new home for herself there. She scavenged supplies from around the ruins and the forests, foraged for food, and made her home in one of the abandon buildings.

Her survival on the island was not easy, but she managed it with determination. It would be her luck, however, that the night of the Shadow would strike. While she was asleep, a boy named Flynn was attempting to escape through the woods, being followed by a series of terrible organisms. It's not exactly clear what the pursuers were, but according to the wounds inflicted upon Flynn, they were no less than dangerous predators looking for blood. Eleri took Flynn under her care, despite the fact that she barely had enough supplies to maintain her own survival. Using the meager supplies that she managed to find during her time spent on the island, she managed to create a few bandages and cleared Flynn's wounds.

Over time, she was able to secure the safety of Flynn. However, her supplies would only do so much to heal Flynn; the severity of his wounds required that he receive more urgent medical care. Flynn, knowing a family that would be able to take care of him without compromising his delicate position, suggested that they travel to the opposite end of the island. Although the journey would  come with many uncertainties, Eleri agreed to undertake the challenge of such a trip. Now, at the tail end of the short adventure, she merely has to deliver Flynn to the house of the Prestons.

Even in an entirely different world, where the odds are stacked heavily against her, Eleri manages to be one of the most resilient and powerful spirits to have joined the ranks of the Guardian. Whether she knows it yet or not, she has played a critical part in the past of the Guardians, and will continue to be one of the cores of the Guardians in the future. Of course, however, her fortunes do not come without their own tribulations. No one can tell yet if she will live up to her previous reputation or have her spirit be crushed under the steady march of time.

Jack Weasly, Guardian of Earth and Strength: The Earthbound Prisoner

Jack Weasly is among the youngest of the Guardians; that, however, does not mean that his willpower is any less than that of the other Guardians. Much like with the other Survivors, his powers have been slow to wake. Considering his unusual position in the world, this should not be surprising; he has not had many chances to fight for his own defense in the way that his powers would require. Still, this does not take away from the ardor and strength of his soul. It takes a special line of willpower to be able to bear the dangerous conditions that one such as Weasly works in. Even with the complications of his life, he still manages to work with a smile on his face. A mischievous but caring soul, his past and present join together to form a promising Guardian.

Jack's story starts in the industrial town of Rosemet, a manufacturing and military center located in the Theyin Empire's main continental territory. Rosemet serves both as a civilian center of production and a fortified stepping stone for Imperial military forces. Nearby, a large mine for a variety of ores, namely acelium. Jack Weasly has had the fortune of being a laborer in these mines, helping to collect the ores and transport them to the town for processing and shipment. Unfortunately, this also poses a large risk for his health. Workers in the mines have a high rate of fatality; the Empire can afford to replace the workers easily with orphans and vagrants from the town and neighboring settlements.

Weasly found his opportunity for escape through the night of the Shadow. The town was assaulted by a variety of creatures in the night; with chaos reigning over the town, Weasly had the perfect opportunity to escape. After weaseling his way through his orphanage, he attempted to recruit Jack Olias and Anita Metter and have them escape with him. Where they would go, he was not sure; but he thought that anywhere was a better place than Rosemet. After a short bit of discussion, Anita Metter agreed to go along with him, but Olias decided to stay. Weasly and Metter, not wanting to lose their window of opportunity, escaped the orphanage in the middle of the night.

The two of them are now attempting to make their way out of the city to the south. Their plan is to follow the mountain ridge and to make it to the next town over, where they will attempt to seek transportation to another, more favorable section of the Empire. However, they may not even get the chance to realize those plans. Theyin soldiers patrol Rosemet, attempting to keep order during the night of the Shadow. With both the terrible creatures and the soldiers clashing, there is little opportunity for Weasly and Metter to leave at the moment. They will have to find some sort of alternate route out of the city; if they cannot, they will either have to risk being caught up in combat or turn back and make their way to the orphanage again.

Jonathan Eridis, Guardian of Bone and Life: The Lost Animator

Also among the youngest of the Guardians, Jonathan Eridis colorful past as a Guardian has given way to his new life on Dzive. What he knows now will not be the same after the awakening of all of the Guardians is complete. Out of all of the Survivors, he has been one of the earliest to develop his powers once again. Having been separated from society for such a long time, he has had more opportunities - or, rather, risky scenarios - in which he has been able to demonstrate his abilities. Now, after the night of the Shadow, he will finally be able to start down the path that he once took. With the help or the hindrance of the other Guardians, he may soon be one of the most promising characters yet to exist in the Guardianship.

As said before, Eridis has been long separated from his life of yesteryear. He ran away from home at a young age and melded into the background of the deep forest. He struggled initially and, at a point, was nearly killed; still, he managed to overcome his difficulties, learning to use the height of the trees to stay away from predators. Eventually, however, he grew tired of his lifestyle. While there was always something interesting about living in the forest environment, he was yearning for the company that he once knew from society and, truly, his own family. The forest could not provide such a comfort in the same way. With this end in the back of his mind, he packed up his meager supplies and set off in search of the river, which he would follow and hope to use to find a town.

The beginning of his trip did not bode well for Eridis. His supplies were adequate enough for him; the real danger came through the risks he took and the coincidental appearance of the night of the Shadows. Although he had experienced visions before of these creatures, he could not imagine that they would merge with reality and come after him. With a severely-injured leg and arm, he was, for all intents, at an incredible disadvantage. One of these predators - a wolf - came after him, seeking to end his life. With no options in sight, Eridis would see this as his end. As he was about to accept this, however, a figure seemed to claw its way through the earth below and snatched at the wolf. Eridis inched away from the new creature, but found that the bony apparition did not come to harm him; in fact, it seemed as if the figure wanted to protect Jonathan. Being wounded and fatigued, Eridis soon blacked out.

In the morning, Eridis was relieved to find that he was still alive. His wounds were still present, but he seemed to be recovering at a steady pace. There were no signs of the creatures from the night before. Had it all been a strange fever-dream, or did that all occur in reality? Jonathan could not discern at this moment. Instead, he took to treating his wounds. Once he had assured his own safety, he gathered his supplies and, ready for the adventure once again, continued to follow the river.

Jonathan still has not a clue of where the next vestige of civilization could be. With his wounds inhibiting his ability to walk, he may have to go another day without finding a single human. Still, his spirits are not entirely ruined. After all, he is thankful that he is at least alive. If the events of the night did occur, then who does he have to thank for saving him? What sort of creature would have interest in protecting Jonathan, and why did it feel as if he had a connection to that figure? Jonathan is still puzzled at this turn of events, but he can't afford to focus too much on the past. His survival in the present is his top priority. If he can manage to make it to civilization like he intended, then the most difficult part of the journey will be over.

Before the Guardian of Life uses his powers to interact with other living creatures, he must first ensure that he can guarantee the continued presence of his own life.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 11:10:11 pm by DarkArtemisFowl »

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: January 18, 2016, 11:06:07 pm »

TURN SIXTY: DISCOVER THE TIES

Link to Part One of the Third Intermission.
Link to Part Two of the Third Intermission.
I wasn't entirely sure what to number this turn, considering that the previous "turns" weren't numbered. Ah well. Sixty works for me, and when I summarize these turns in the Medium, I'll include bookmarks to the "in-between" turns.

Eleri weighed the possibilities. She knew how carrying Flynn took a burden on him, and his wounds seemed uninfected at the rate of healing--but better to be safe, she decided to venture on a cautious note.

"I'll walk you to the border--in that time, could you think about the best route I can take to find that cave? I'd like it if you were in safe hands first before carrying you off back to the forest. Just give me directions and significant landmarks so I can get my bearing. I can deal with cave spiders too, if...that's where I've to stay." Eleri adjusted her grip on the boy as she took stock of her supplies. "You can also take anything I've brought for this. Your trip is as much as mine. I just want to see you off safely."

Deep inside, she addressed the memory of her mentor. You were right...it's a brilliant feeling, being able to help others just because.
"So, what do you say? Just give me the directions and I will go, and I am adamant of seeing you off safely before anything else. I'll be watching you contact the Prestons nearby."

Coordinate [Will he say yes, or say I really, seriously, need directions?]; then stealthily hide and watch Flynn approach allies :D
Eleri
"That works," Flynn states after you finish your reply. He puts his left hand on his right shoulder and rubs the area as he talks. "The cave's easier to miss if you don't know where it is, but I do know." He looks around him and feels at the grounds, trying to get a sense for the changes in elevation. "Okay, so that's the way we came. That should be east, and that direction's west." He carefully uses his hands to rotate his body. Pointing to the mountains, he says, "The cave's obviously over in that direction. The road we came from now forks in two directions. Follow it and go to the.. to the path on the right. Keep following that road as it curves up the mountainside. Eventually, you'll hit a junction. Go left from there, and follow the road until it curves. At the point, just keep going straight. Don't follow the road anymore. Just go straight. Keep going in the same direction through the forest. Eventually, you'll hit the mountainside and should be able to find the cave from there. It's not exact, but I think you should be able to find it." He sees you taking stock of your supplies and waves to you.

He laughs softly, saying, "You should keep everything. You need it more than me. The Prestons have more than enough to take care of me - at least, I think they should." You state to him that you will see him off before you go your own way. He smiles and looks down. "That works." He extends a hand to you and you help him to his feet. The two of you then continue to the very edge of the forest. You're glad that the trip went well, and that Flynn turned out to be much healthier than you would have thought. All that's left now is to ensure that he gets the care that he needs before you depart. He looks back at you for reassurance, and you tell him that he will be fine. Pausing for a moment, he replies, "I can't thank you enough. I'd probably be much more than dead at this point if it wasn't for you. I promise that I'll make it up as soon as I can get on my own feet and figure out what happened with my dad's work." A look of concern grows on his face. "I... I almost forgot that I still needed to figure out about that." He looks to you one more time before beginning to walk on his own to the Prestons' house. You continue to watch him go from the shadows of the trees, making sure that he arrives safely.

Sure enough, he gets to the front door of the house and knocks on it. It takes him a few times before anybody responds. You see an older woman answer the door. As she realizes the condition of the boy in front of her, she turns back to the interior of the house and shouts for someone else. A few moments later, a middle-aged man assists Flynn inside and closes the door. From this distance, you can't hear anything else. For the moment, you'll have to trust that the Prestons will come to Flynn's aid. Seeing no reason to stay around for so long, you follow Flynn's directions and start walking to the cave.

At the end of Flynn's directions, you begin walking in a straight line to the mountainside, just as he instructed. Ten minutes, fifteen minutes, twenty pass. You're starting to think that maybe you missed something on the way, or that perhaps Flynn's directions were not exact enough. Eventually, however, you come across an opening in the sloped mountain that is just as he described. The stony face gives way to a gaping maw that appears to extend into a darkness blacker than the night. Daylight pours into the cave for about ten meters or so; after that, you'll need some sort of light source to help guide you. However, the space right past the entrance should be more than enough for your shelter. Seeing as the sun is nearly touching the horizon now, however, you might want to get started on some sort of preparation for the night.

"I think you're as tied to this as me. If we stay together, we can help each other, but we can also do that split apart, finding things from opposing angles, and either way trouble will follow us. I'm fine with you doing what you will, just so long as you keep striving and active. Don't grow complacent, okay? Stay actively searching for answers. I still think we are missing an important piece of information about this place."
Lirian
Cromwell paces around, mulling over your words. "What you told me sounds a lot like we're going to be involved in combat. Are we?" he asks Artemis. Artemis turns and addresses him plainly. "I can't guarantee anything either way. We will be in an area that is risky and dangerous. It may involve combat, it may not. I want you to understand, however, that the risk is there." Cromwell stops pacing and leans against the wall of the complex. He searches the ground with his eyes for a few moments. Finally, he sighs and turns to you.

"I'm.. I'm staying," he decides. "I think I'd be more useful here. After all, the cat's here, and I can work with the information we have to see if we can find anything else around this region. Plus, Kito is working on this too. Dimikaelo and Kito could coordinate over what we find. If the Shadows come back here, we'll let you know."

"Very well then," Artemis says with a sigh. "It looks as if Mr. Jackson's made his decision." Artemis turns to you instead. "I have no other business being here. Are you ready to leave? If not, let me know when." He walks to the right and regards the town below. "I'd prefer for us to leave sooner rather than later."

Well, good luck searching. I will go to the park, and contemplate paradox in peace.
Cat Schrodinger
Since you have plenty of time to kill while waiting for your appointment with the counselor, you might as well visit the park. There is one such park located in the upper district of the city, not too far from where your personal living space is. It's a grand property that is half-composed of various recreational facilities and half-melded with the natural vegetation of the island. The center of the park is circular in form, with a walkway spiraling out. In between the spirals, an entire rainbow of flowers blooms. You can see some men and women lounging around the park, along with a few kids. Even the park seems to partake in the leisurely attitude of the day.

Taking one of the benches closer to the center of the park, you put yourself into a contemplative mood. Your work leading up to the present has made you a very valuable member of the island's university. In fact, you were working in collaboration with some members of the university on a "sister project" to the one being headed by Sir Anders. The objective of your team, however, was to investigate the "dual state" anomaly, in which, depending on the time of observation, a mysterious, unnamed material would change itself and its appearance. At times, it would evaporate, reform, turn into liquid, solidify, or change hues. You were puzzled by this occurrence at first, but your team eventually noticed a pattern that occurred with the material. Your team was on the edge of detailing the exact pattern of change by the minute, but the project was suddenly halted after the death of Sir Anders. From that point on, you haven't been given the clearance yet to resume the project.

It is a shame that the project was - wait, what was that? You sit up on the bench and blink. You could've sworn that you just saw something in your vision a moment ago; it was like a blur that came and disappeared in a split second. You shrug, regarding it as a simple figment of your imagination. For a few minutes, nothing else out of the ordinary occurs. However, just as you were about to forget about it entirely, a similar vision appears out of the corner of your eyes; this time, two different figures appear. You look around, trying to get your perspective to focus on the objects, but they will not come into focus. Moments later, they simply disappear again, as if they were nothing.

It's too early for you to be going crazy, you think to yourself. Maybe your eyesight is starting to fail you. No, you think to yourself. Your eyesight's not the greatest, but you've never had apparitions like these appear before. Could it just be caused by the sunlight in your eyes? Perhaps. Maybe this is something else entirely.
How would you even go about discerning something like this? Maybe you should go get some water. Perhaps you're a little too parched.

Author's Note: I did not plan on the Intermission being so long, but it appears as if I got a little carried away. That is good, however. I can use the descriptions in the intermission as profiles for each of the characters in the Compendium.

Once again, I hope everyone enjoys what the Intermission has to offer, and I hope that the update in whole proves satisfactory.

Have a fantastic week everyone,
Artemis
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 11:08:45 pm by DarkArtemisFowl »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Medium: Awakening [Intermission Three]
« Reply #1059 on: January 19, 2016, 12:55:10 am »

"I'm ready."
Ready
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: January 19, 2016, 02:39:12 am »

Yes, a drink of water would be nice. Afterwards, a drink of wine would probably be even nicer!

(I am satisfied with my description, and, along with being one of the most relaxed GMs here, what with not kicking ANYONE out for not doing anything, also write very well, in my opinion. I'm not a certified author, but I like your work.)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 02:47:24 am by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: January 20, 2016, 02:48:15 am »

"I'm ready."
Ready
Lirian
That settles it, then. With a final goodbye and wish for safety from Cromwell, you turn to follow Artemis. He begins to walk on the path back to the town before noticing something. "Two people coming from the town, a hundred meters away." You stop and take stock of your weapons, being prepared for any sort of contact. Artemis does not seem particularly concerned, however, so you only keep a moderate guard.

As they approach closer, you notice that one of the two - a girl - is aiding the other in his walk. Her arm is under his shoulder, and the man moves forward with difficulty. He looks up and sees the two of you, and appears to become a little more spirited in his walk. The girl almost fails to keep up with his pace, despite the man's apparent injuries.

"Earl! The earl of Petal Bay! I'm so pleased to be able to meet you again," he shouts with an excited tone. He lumbers forward while the girl motions for him to slow down. When the two of them finally come up to you, the man appears to be exasperated and pained.

"Adam, stop overexerting yourself. The nurse said you're not even close to-"

"I'm alright. I'm very alright," the man insists. "Remem- Remember that we're acting in a formal presence." He rights himself and takes a deep breath. You look to Artemis for his reaction. He seems to be unimpressed and has his arms crossed in front of him. "I apologize for my appearance," the man says between his winces. You take note of his multiple injuries: the bandaged wound running up his left leg, the way that he carries his right arm tenderly, and several other dressings over his wounds. "I was hoping to meet again with you in better form, but my sister and I went through several.. ordeals."

"I'm sorry if I'm being a little ignorant here, but.. who are you again?" Artemis asks. The injured man pauses, seeming to be a little in disbelief that Artemis doesn't recognize him.

"It- well, you probably don't know me," he says with a nervous laugh. Artemis squints at him, clearly unconvinced.

"I remember that laugh. I remember you!" Artemis exclaims, his anger apparent in his voice.

"I don't- I don't know what you-"

"Prince Crown, you goddamned traitor!" Artemis draws his sword and advances toward the supposed prince.

"No, stop! Please! I didn't do anyth-" Prince Crown, overwhelmed by Artemis' aura of hatred, falls back and attempts to crawl in the opposite direction. The girl steps to the side and puts her hands up in a defensive posture. You have a strange feeling about the girl and her presence. She's been eerily quiet up until now.

"Please put your weapon away! We mean no harm!" the girl yells.

Artemis is unaffected by her plea. "Our reconnaissance positions! We gave you access to secure channels that would've provided as an early warning for the invasion of your island, and you exploited our trust! Because of you, the Theyin Empire has subjugated your people, and you couldn't give any more of a damn about it!"

"You misunderstand! There was no malice! Diana, help!" The girl looks between the prince and Artemis and keeps her hands up in a defensive posture against Artemis.

"We don't want to fight! We can settle this together with you. I'm warning you!" You're starting to feel very uneasy about "Diana." You're now stuck in a precarious position between two parties. It would be wise to act soon, either for your own interest or to stop conflict entirely.

Yes, a drink of water would be nice. Afterwards, a drink of wine would probably be even nicer!
Cat Schrodinger
Maybe you're overreacting a bit to this. Perhaps it's just that you're coming down with some sort of illness. That would explain the strange set of dreams; still, you haven't had any other physical symptoms that would resemble the common cold or flu. At any rate, hydration may solve some of your problems and comes at no cost to you. You might as well get that out of the way and start cracking down on some of the other things that may be causing your affliction.

You walk over to the main recreational center, which is located to the south of the park itself. Moving over to the set of water fountains near the bathrooms, you lean in to take a drink and are surprised by a spate of water. Someone must have turned the water pressure way too high; it almost hurts from the impact! You quickly move away and wipe the water from your face. The fountain turns itself off as soon as you let go of the button. When you clear your eyes of the water, however, it doesn't seem as if the water did its job.

The images that you were seeing before stand before you now, but no longer blurred. They are all crystal-clear but translucent, as if they were phantoms. You soon realize that the two apparitions are both of you! You, in all of your magnificent, wise glory, stand before... well, you. One of your simulacrums appears in front of the water fountain and, in a recurring cycle, appears to be dodging something in front of him. The other image is walking along the sidewalk and pays no attention to the fountain or anyone else. Both of the images at times appear fuzzy or faded, but they still remain there, always repeating the same sets of motions for a few seconds.

You feel a headache developing. You're not sure why, but you feel as if these aren't just apparitions - that they, in a way, might be more present in the physical realm than just the mental one. What in the world is going on? Are you having some sort of fever dream?

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: January 20, 2016, 07:06:28 am »

Call the counselor. Tell her exactly what I'm seeing. Maybe she'll be able to figure out what's wrong with me. Afterwards, get on the Grid, now that I'm developing more symptoms, I'll be able to figure out what's going on, and cure it.
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: January 20, 2016, 01:32:27 pm »

I check our surroundings for their bodyguard as I call out"Arty! Temper! You are acting childish. Hear them out, then act. They are trying to give you information, the resource you need most. You!"I point at the girl."Explain!"

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: January 20, 2016, 05:32:45 pm »

Call the counselor. Tell her exactly what I'm seeing. Maybe she'll be able to figure out what's wrong with me. Afterwards, get on the Grid, now that I'm developing more symptoms, I'll be able to figure out what's going on, and cure it.
Cat Schrodinger
Your headache just keeps growing and growing and growing. It's forming a snowball of pain from the back of your head to the front. You rest one of your arms on the fountain's side. Maybe you're developing a migraine. You attempt to move to the bathroom, thinking that perhaps the absence of light and noise in the bathroom would help you to recover. However, you don't even make it halfway. You fall to your knees, overwhelmed by the pain in your head. You grind your teeth, trying to force the pain away; yet it stays, refusing to leave without taking its toll on you.

You feel a hand on your shoulder. You look up, puzzled. It didn't seem as if there was anyone near you. You hear quite a familiar voice, although the slight distortion in its sound makes a chill run down your back. "Are you alright, Professor?" You turn your head and gasp. It's you! Well, you are still you, of course, but there is another physical Cat Schrodinger right in front of you. He wears the same exact clothes, has the same tone, and has all of the blemishes and structures that make up your face. If he is an impostor, he is too damn intricate to be real. Your clone pulls on your right arm, trying to assist you in getting back up. You oblige and get back to a standing position, Now, the headache has been pushed to the back of your head. You feel a slight buzz, as if you've already downed your fair share of alcohol.

The "clone" stands in front of you with his arms crossed. He appears to be real enough; unlike the previous images, he is not transparent, and moves with his own authority. You can hear every step he makes, see the rising and falling of his chest, and hear his voice with no difficulty. You're almost entirely sure now that this must be a dream; the alternative would be too scary to face.

I check our surroundings for their bodyguard as I call out"Arty! Temper! You are acting childish. Hear them out, then act. They are trying to give you information, the resource you need most. You!"I point at the girl."Explain!"
Lirian
Artemis pauses for a moment and glares at you. You can see him struggling to keep himself under control. He fights his instincts to continue moving to the prince. Instead, he quickly sheathes his sword and marches to the prince once again. The girl, Diana, seems to back down a little bit, but keeps herself close in case of trouble. You look to her and demand an explanation. "I honestly cannot tell you," she says with the slightest hint of panic in her voice. "I don't know what he's accusing my brother of, but please, let us sort this out. He can explain thi-"

She cuts herself short and yelps as Artemis grabs the prince and turns him so that he faces Artemis. The prince protests loudly, saying, "My arm! It hurts, let go of my arm!" Artemis relents for a second and instead grabs him by his shirt.

"I know it was you!" Artemis accuses. "Who revealed the recon positions to you?" The prince shakes his head.

"I- I- the-"

Artemis shoves him down and produces a knife from his clothing. He puts the knife close to the prince's neck, saying, "So you value your own security over the welfare of others? Is that it? Tell me who told you!" The prince continues to stutter, unable to produce an understandable response. Diana begins to run toward the pair, her hands in front of her.

"No! Don't you dare hurt him!" Diana shouts. Artemis flinches for a second, but remains with his knife ready.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 76