Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 27

Author Topic: Neustra Veritas: Betrayal and Survival (7/4)  (Read 21713 times)

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Neustra Veritas: Betrayal and Survival (7/4)
« Reply #180 on: November 24, 2013, 05:37:24 pm »

"...I didn't charge them, they charged me! Its like they thought I was the weakest link! And as to getting away, I was on the ground due to getting clawed by those over grown monkeys!" Selina seems annoyed at being told it was her fault her armor got damaged.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 24, 2013, 05:49:23 pm »

"Selina, I wasn't talking about you. We can repair the armour when we set up camp afterwards. We don't have that many hours of daylight, and it does also seem like those bugs prefer attacking sometime after dusk. We have a better chance of going through unharmed now, and able to cover more ground if we start moving now."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 24, 2013, 06:02:16 pm »

"So, wait. Your argument for why we won't be attacked while we move is that the bugs don't attack during the day? Well, it's day here as much as it's day on the trail. And so what if you weren't talking about her? Selina's still got armor full of holes, and she's still going to get attacked if we get attacked!"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 24, 2013, 06:08:13 pm »

"More ground we cover, the more likely it is we'll get out of this jungle. Either way, the earlier we start to move the better."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 24, 2013, 06:28:10 pm »

"I'm not willing to leave until our armor will protect us from attacking beasts. Here, we can all keep an eye out in all directions. Here, we have a bit of a clearing--they can't just leap out at us from three feet away. Here, we have a chance to recover from last night while we wait for the armor to be fixed."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 24, 2013, 08:47:04 pm »

((...By the way, is my assumption that the drones need to be stationary to repair armor correct?))
(Yes.  You must remain in an area for the Droids to accomplish anything.  If you're planning on reinforcing that spot, I recommend programming the Droids to harvest and clear the area.)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 08:51:02 pm by TealNinja »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 24, 2013, 08:52:10 pm »

((...By the way, is my assumption that the drones need to be stationary to repair armor correct?))
(Yes.  You must remain in an area for the Droids to accomplish anything.  If you're planning on reinforcing that spot, I recommend programming the Droids to harvest and clear the area.)
((The plan is to have the droids repair the armor, then set out in hopes of finding somewhere else to set up a base. Because apparently this spot of jungle isn't good enough.))
Sig

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 24, 2013, 08:58:15 pm »

((Mainly because it's in the middle of a fucking jungle that contains everything that wants to kill us, and nothing with which to build the base with.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 24, 2013, 09:02:02 pm »

((What do you want to do? Walk to the edge of the jungle, hope that our ration supplies hold out or that we find and kill/harvest something edible?
Oh, and you know what jungles have a lot of? Wood.))
Sig

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 24, 2013, 09:03:42 pm »

((You can't make concrete or batteries out of wood though :P ))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 24, 2013, 09:06:42 pm »

((True. Still, what makes you think we'll end up somewhere with that stuff any time soon?))

((Oh, and I'd like to hold a vote. Who thinks this colonizing expedition was atrociously planned? I mean, middle of the jungle, little food, less equipment, fewer still people, no idea what kind of life was present on-world...
*raises hand*))
Sig

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 24, 2013, 09:08:00 pm »

((I thought this was political gulag, not colonisation :P))

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 24, 2013, 09:29:57 pm »

((I thought this was political gulag, not colonisation :P))
(Yeah, basically.  You're all convicts of the military!  In order to maintain public image, rather than discharge you they sent you to some random planet they don't care about.  This one's a deathtrap.  I don't have any problem with characters having signed up for this job, though.  If you wanted to keep your current backstories.  =p)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 24, 2013, 09:31:23 pm »

((I wouldn't be surprised if we got here just because an officer didn't like any part of us :P ))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 24, 2013, 09:31:34 pm »

(( I'm with Taricus, if we're going to make a base we have requirements. Nearby water source, high ground, source of stone nearby, open ground so nothing can sneak up on us. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 27