Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27

Author Topic: Neustra Veritas: Betrayal and Survival (7/4)  (Read 21723 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Neustra Veritas: Betrayal and Survival (7/4)
« Reply #135 on: November 22, 2013, 11:15:46 am »

((Just move onto the morning))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 22, 2013, 04:41:42 pm »

(Well, I had hoped a little to get a post from Patrick, but the main reason I didn't update yesterday was because it was Thursday.  I wasn't around to update.)

Everyone except Ms Tasilvinadr settles down for sleep again, ignoring the buzzing noises sounding throughout the camp.  With the second attack in the night, the numbers of hopping insects have greatly increased; the leftovers didn't dissipate like the ones did yesterday evening, probably attracted by the firelight.  Ms Tasilvinadr keeps watch, searching the treeline for any possible movement, as she waits for dawn to break.  In the middle of the night, however, Ms Martin wakes with a surprised screech; she was just bitten by one of the hoppers!  There's a nasty welt on her arm surrounding an inch-diameter disc of missing flesh.  The insect is still nearby, fattened by the meal, although it vainly attempts bouncing away before Ms Tasilvinadr stomps it flat.

Ms Martin feels a bit sick from the insect's bite, and her arm is bleeding rather badly.  She opens her first aid kit and puts some anaesthetic around the wound before applying a dab of anti-biotic cream.  Carl assists her in bandaging the wound.

Dawn breaks shortly after, and Ms Tasilvinadr wanders about the camp.  She almost misses that the various corpses have been mostly destroyed; all the flesh is gone from the human corpse, leaving only a skeleton with a few pieces of muscle still attached, while the corpses of the strange creatures are visibly gaunt, though their skins seem undisturbed.

The sight is too much for her tired system.  She sits down and faces the ground, holding her stomach and trying not to heave.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 22, 2013, 04:54:50 pm »

((There's a human corpse? O.o))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 22, 2013, 04:58:13 pm »

(( Sorry got a little side tracked. ))

Harvey looks around briefly noticing the new body then turns back to his tent yawning and waves at the others over his shoulder as he goes back to bed.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 22, 2013, 05:08:53 pm »

((There's a human corpse? O.o))
((Yeah, it had been there the whole time.  The droppod malfunctioned and the occupants all died; one had been ejected.  There's technically 2 "corpses," but you see no evidence of the other.  =])

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 22, 2013, 08:21:32 pm »

...the leftovers didn't dissipate like the ones did yesterday evening...
Isn't this the first night we spent here?

Carl awakes. He stretches, brushes against Selina on accident. He recoils a bit.
"Um. Selina, are you awake?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 22, 2013, 11:09:54 pm »

...the leftovers didn't dissipate like the ones did yesterday evening...
Isn't this the first night we spent here?
(A semantic thing; technically it was after midnight, so it's technically a new day.  The first fight didn't occur during the night, so it's inappropriate to call it last night, but it certainly did occur later than afternoon.  The "second attack in the night" probably adds confusion there, but I feel it's more correct this way than others.)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 22, 2013, 11:14:34 pm »

((Ah.

You could also say "the previous evening".))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 22, 2013, 11:25:13 pm »

"Gahh, I could use something slightly more filling than a ration right now."

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 22, 2013, 11:51:58 pm »

((Ah.

You could also say "the previous evening".))

(Memory's crap, grasp of words is dodgy.  I'm pretty good with vocabulary in general, but remembering the words I'd like to use is quite difficult.)

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 23, 2013, 09:52:00 pm »

Selina opens her eyes at hearing Carl speak.

"*yawn* Am now... whats up?"
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 23, 2013, 09:55:41 pm »

"Um, nothing much. How are you feeling? I know you got a nasty bug bite last night, and the big buggers weren't exactly friendly."
Sig

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 23, 2013, 09:57:56 pm »

"I should be fine, armor ate most of it... I think... Maybe we should check." Selina looks slightly worried.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 23, 2013, 10:00:37 pm »

" Uh, I'll be nearby somewhere looking around for anything interesting and non bug like. Shout me if something tries to eat you. "

Patrol around immediate area.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 23, 2013, 10:02:38 pm »

"At any rate, we should get moving, I'd prefer not to spend another night in this damned jungle."
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27