Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27

Author Topic: Neustra Veritas: Betrayal and Survival (7/4)  (Read 21674 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Neustra Veritas: Betrayal and Survival (7/4)
« Reply #330 on: January 01, 2014, 12:34:41 am »

((I would prefer to move on, but I think the guys were staying to repair the armour.))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 04, 2014, 09:53:40 pm »

*Pokes the corpse of the thread.*

Well.  Junk.  Looks like my overly long hiatus has killed the interest of half our active members, and probably that of the waitlistees too.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 05, 2014, 06:17:28 am »

Well, I guess we're going to have to go on half numbers for now aren't we? :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 05, 2014, 08:45:21 am »

((As a waitlister I'm still here.))
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 05, 2014, 09:27:14 am »

Im waitlist too

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 05, 2014, 08:40:01 pm »

Well, I guess we're going to have to go on half numbers for now aren't we? :P
Feels kind of ridiculous to just drop the plot point I had introduced.  Which I'd have to if we wanted to continue; otherwise GWG would kill you due to sneak attack.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 25, 2014, 01:47:37 pm »

I'll join in if you still want to run it, got some questions about character creation options though.

If you are still planning on running this then let me know and I'll write out what I want.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 25, 2014, 01:58:31 pm »

I'm still around.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 25, 2014, 02:33:09 pm »

I'll join in if you still want to run it, got some questions about character creation options though.

If you are still planning on running this then let me know and I'll write out what I want.

I'm planning to restart it, but free time and focus haven't been enough to sit down and look at it much.

Feel free to fire away any questions and ideas.  I wasn't having much luck thinking up features at that time.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 25, 2014, 02:47:20 pm »

How long would it have been before the base-building aspects began to show? How would the players get the advanced materials needed for vehicles?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 25, 2014, 02:57:56 pm »

At first, I had hopes that this was coming back. Then, I realized it was probably just someone asking if this was dead. Thanks for proving my first guess potentially right!

I'm still here and hope Cado is as well.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 25, 2014, 03:27:10 pm »

How long would it have been before the base-building aspects began to show? How would the players get the advanced materials needed for vehicles?

Expected time?  A week, in-game time, if players sat down and set up shop and had enough droids to do it.

"Advanced materials" is a bit of a misnomer; specific materials might be used for specific things, but the majority of stuff would be synthesized by the droids or manufacturing plants.  The universe is based around using "whatever" as a construction tool.  The higher density of the material, the better, and sometimes a heavy metal would be needed or a chemical would be necessary, but the droids would be able to harvest anything, and if the chemical was naturally occurring it would be a simple matter to acquire it.

Building is heavily reliant on A.I.; so much so that the first building, the Base Headquarters, has the primary purpose of housing the A.I. for the base (and, well, producing basic rations and more droids).  From that point, it builds blueprints for other buildings through extrapolation of necessity or observations.

(The universe is a brainchild of mine that was originally meant for an RTSFPSRPG.  Fully functional real time strategy (including A.I. controlled units and turrets), total first person shooter (including weapon swapping, weapon dropping, loadout customization, vehicle driving), and some parts of an RPG (but not to the extent of a new player having no chance against a veteran player; it was my thought that level 100 should be twice as strong as level 1.)  I kind of lack every means for turning it into a reality, but adapting it to PnP is not an impossible feat for one layman.)

As an aside; I have actually been thinking about a game in a different direction in the same universe.  One highlighting the most interesting feature (at least as far as I think); everything is customizable and redesignable.  A gun doesn't necessarily fire bullets; it could fire shells or flechette instead.  It could even be set up to fire any of the three, or have cartridges that can be fired differently depending on the gun's setting.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 03:31:32 pm by TealNinja »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 25, 2014, 03:31:50 pm »

Well I would like to put creation points into altering my character biologically (Such as wolf/cat ears instead of human ears for hearing/awareness bonuses as well as appearance) Or retractable claws (for melee and climbing) Or a tail (probably fluffy for agility/balance and stuff), or eye shine (for better night vision).

Would rather play as a chimeric (bio altered) rather then a technon (standard machine user/machine augmented). More fun for me that way.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 25, 2014, 03:36:08 pm »

Well I would like to put creation points into altering my character biologically (Such as wolf/cat ears instead of human ears for hearing/awareness bonuses as well as appearance) Or retractable claws (for melee and climbing) Or a tail (probably fluffy for agility/balance and stuff), or eye shine (for better night vision).

Would rather play as a chimeric (bio altered) rather then a technon (standard machine user/machine augmented). More fun for me that way.

The setting for this specific game doesn't allow that; the overarching military and the general consensus (at least as far as the reporting of such is concerned) is pure human: no cyborgization unless necessary, no mutations at all (obviously some stuff occurs; it is a universe after all, but nothing is allowed into the military.)  If we ran the other game idea I had, that's possible, as the setting for that is outright rebellion, so there's no real limit on character creation, other than the amount of work I have to put in to consider the options.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 25, 2014, 03:53:37 pm »

Adding animal ears? No thanks. I'm pretty sure you could increase hearing without becoming a furry.

We did have tails; we evolved away from that, so presumably there's a good reason we don't anymore. Why would making it fluffy make it better for balance as opposed to a lizard tail? I honestly don't see why it would.

You just want to play a cat girl, don't you.

---

The whole everything synthesised by machines out of matter reminds me of supreme commander with it's too resources - energy and mass, where you could recycle destoryed battle machines, trees, and rocks, for different amoutns of mass and energy.

RTS and FPS elements can combine well (e.g. Natural Selection 1/2) though typically it's one player has the RTS and all others have the FPS. Would your's be different?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27