Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27

Author Topic: Neustra Veritas: Betrayal and Survival (7/4)  (Read 21705 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Neustra Veritas: Betrayal and Survival (7/4)
« Reply #210 on: November 25, 2013, 09:13:01 pm »

Past:

"...I uh... set fire to my school..." Selina rubs the back of her neck in an embarrassed manner.
Carl takes a double take.
"Wait, what?"

Present:

"Alright. Selina, put your armor back on. I'd feel a bit better if we got the holes in my exoskeleton patched up, and we can't exactly do that on the move. I think everyone else's armor is whole, though. Am I correct?"

OOC:

((Remember, we are technically military, and we got 'Assigned' here for whatever reason.))
(It can be for any reason, and your characters don't even have to have done any crimes!  It could just be that you got on a commanding officer's nerves and they abused the system to charge you with a crime that either you didn't do or that never happened in the first place.)
[/quote]
((No idea why we got sent here now. First I thought we were a colony, then a penal colony, now...some military expedition?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 25, 2013, 09:16:59 pm »

"More then a few indents that those claws left, but that'll buff out. Come on, let's move."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 25, 2013, 09:19:41 pm »

Selina works to put her armor back on as quickly as possible, mentally face palming for not charging some of the batteries they have with her solar charger. She then follows the group with her gear.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 25, 2013, 09:29:06 pm »

Present

"More then a few indents that those claws left, but that'll buff out. Come on, let's move."
Carl is about to retort, then he notices Selina getting ready to go.
"...Fine. But if my exoskeleton gets irreparably damaged, or if I get wounded, you're not hearing the end of it until I die. ...Which might not be long, in a worst-case-scenario."

Top off the droids with material from the drop-pod and see if I can get it to repair my armor while I'm moving. (They're pretty small, right?)

"So. What's your plan, Ser? Why such a hurry to leave the jungle? Were you given a map and didn't tell anyone else?"

(Cado, you can respond to Carl's reaction in the past. If that makes any sense.)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 25, 2013, 09:33:40 pm »

Past

"Well... I was working with some chemicals... and I found out a new mixture for putting 3 or 4 different healing concoctions for burns... But i only found at when I dropped it in the hall that... well... it was unstable... And did the exact opposite of its parts... It blew up into flames and started a fire that only liquid nitrogen could put out... so, I got shipped out here..."
[/quote]

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 25, 2013, 09:37:47 pm »

((No idea why we got sent here now. First I thought we were a colony, then a penal colony, now...some military expedition?))
(The military wanted to get rid of you for being "dangerous" while maintaining a "strong, loyal" public image.  As it's a many-tiered, intragalactic military, there's a lot less control over finer points like protection of rights of individual soldiers under the command of unimportant officers.  The planet can be thought of as a penal colony; one where they expect you to die on and don't particularly care.  It costs them more to run a planet, after all, and the powers that be don't realize that everyone who's sent to such a planet doesn't deserve to be sent there.

On an unrelated note, how's everyone enjoying the game so far?)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 25, 2013, 09:39:27 pm »

"Please, if there was a map we'd have already killed each other. Quicker we get out of the jungle means we get away from alot of attackers, not to mention we'd be able to see any potential hostiles at a greater distance from us.

Besides, I'd prefer to sleep in something where we can actually lock the door. And without that damned bugs."

((Pretty good so far, if a little slow (But we caused that clog so :P ) ))

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 25, 2013, 09:41:14 pm »

((Same as Taricus... also, I think we may be on the Zerg Home World... just saying))
[/quote]

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 25, 2013, 09:47:47 pm »

((No, we'd have seen a lot more goop, tentacles and other things if it were :P ))

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 25, 2013, 09:50:59 pm »

((I mean the Primal Zerg Home World. The original ones without the mental connections and lack of free will.))
[/quote]

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 25, 2013, 09:52:50 pm »

((I think they aren't insectoid as well, more animals with toughened skin and carapaces added onto vital parts. More like dinosaurs than anything else.))

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 25, 2013, 09:53:43 pm »

((I mean the Primal Zerg Home World. The original ones without the mental connections and lack of free will.))
(The basics for this planet were laid down before Wings of Liberty was released, let alone Heart of the Swarm.  I just have an awful time focusing on things to actually write the novel for it.)

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 25, 2013, 09:57:23 pm »

((...So i was partially right? Sweet! Lets all assimilate and rule the planet!))
[/quote]

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 25, 2013, 09:58:22 pm »

((You know we'd win the game before we could even begin doing that right? :P))

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 25, 2013, 10:00:51 pm »

((You know we'd win the game before we could even begin doing that right? :P))
(Who said I had a set goal?  It all depends on how long I can keep going + how long the players want to go.  While I don't really want to, I am kind of prepared for a player rebellion against their own military.)
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27