Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27

Author Topic: Neustra Veritas: Betrayal and Survival (7/4)  (Read 21715 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Neustra Veritas: Betrayal and Survival (7/4)
« Reply #165 on: November 24, 2013, 01:39:11 pm »

I vote we move on.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 24, 2013, 02:13:05 pm »

((I believe that makes it two and two.))

"You really want to tromp through the jungle with busted armor?"

((...By the way, is my assumption that the drones need to be stationary to repair armor correct?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 24, 2013, 03:41:02 pm »

"I'd rather get out of here as quickly as possible so we don't get the armour damaged again."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 24, 2013, 04:32:29 pm »

"If we move, we make a lot more noise and are more likely to be attacked, not less. Besides, this should only take a few hours. What are you in such a hurry to reach, anyways?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 24, 2013, 04:37:19 pm »

"Except for the fact that most of the bloody bugs would be perfectly capable of attacking us regardless, and we're far easier to find here. Who knows what else would be "curious" enough to investigate this crash site."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 24, 2013, 04:51:20 pm »

"It's a day old. Besides, we're making virtually no noise compared to what we would be making tromping through the underbrush. You're saying that by doing so, we would be less likely to be attacked than by staying next to a day-old crash site?"
Sig

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 24, 2013, 04:59:02 pm »

"I don't think any amount of sound is really going to matter considering anything that may attack could just not rely on it entirely."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 24, 2013, 05:06:58 pm »

"And how do they find us, then? And whatever this is, why would it make them attack us more here than if we were moving through the brush?"
Sig

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 24, 2013, 05:13:47 pm »

"It's called mobility. Besides, a few footsteps aren't that load compared to a few rifle bursts. If anything heard us, it already knows where we are and more than likely on it's way. Besides, no way we're going to be able to build the base in this hellhole since there isn't enough space.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 24, 2013, 05:22:50 pm »

"This is a temporary thing so that when we get attacked again, our armor doesn't fall right off us. I say, we stay for the next 3 hours and get the armor all fixed up for the next hit."
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 24, 2013, 05:24:26 pm »

"What, if we decide not to move now we're rooted in place all day? Besides, do you really think you could outrun the buggers? And if anything was going to react to the shots hours ago, they would have done so by now. Animals don't investigate sounds they heard hours ago, because something else got to anything worth getting to and they heard other sounds by then. And I never said we'd build the base here, just that we'd spend a few hours making sure that our armor had a greater structural consistency than Swiss cheese."
Sig

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 24, 2013, 05:29:02 pm »

"Or shredded wheat in my case." Selina looks at her badly damaged suit with a sigh.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 24, 2013, 05:30:20 pm »

Carl grinned at that.

"Yeah. We don't want our little medic to get hurt, do we?"
Sig

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 24, 2013, 05:31:18 pm »

"Being able to take a few steps in the opposite direction of those things is a definite advantage. And if you don't want the armour to get damaged, try not actively charging them. And I'm not taking any chances. And if it satisfies you, I'll take point, and Harvey will take rearguard. This means you two are protected while we move out."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 24, 2013, 05:35:01 pm »

"We can take steps away. My rifle still doesn't have any charged batteries, and the problem has to do with how our armor is already damaged. Going out there with holes in our armor is a pretty big chance--why are you taking that? And no, that doesn't work. The buggers would probably attack from the side, not the front or back. Last I checked, both of you were only one person."
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27