Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: IronFist  (Read 6669 times)

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
Re: IronFist
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2013, 07:20:30 pm »

Diary entry 5:

So, the other day, the doc came up to me and tried, EMPHASIS ON tried, to start up a conversation. Her name's WoobMonkey, and she's been working in the medical field for years. She was quite nice, but I could tell she was still new to casual conversation. So I paced our conversation to smaller talk, like weather, booze, rocks; mundane things, essentially. Once she got used to it, she told me about some interesting projects about opening creatures' guts and finding gallbladders and whatnot. Quite interesting, but, as an artist, I've been the kind to enjoy engravings more. But we both look for detail in our work. She asked me for a favor, too. She wanted me to keep on the lookout for someone suspicious, as she thinks someone is spying on her. I agreed, but I don't know what she expects. She also seems to look strangely at the leader. Maybe she's diagnosing him from a glance, like Urist McHolmes. That'd be impressive, I'll tell you what.

The brewer came to me as well. His name's Edmund. He says that WoobMonkey is "Judgemental of his love for his profession". Asinine, I said. No dwarf would look down on a brewer. He responded with saying it wasn't about his work, but his "interest" in the ingredients. I told him he shouldn't mind WM about that. He made my drinking a new adventure with his concoctions. He smiled, and thanked me for the chat.

The snows falling steadily, now. I enjoy the Winds of Winter.
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2013, 11:37:09 am »

bump
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2013, 01:41:50 pm »

Diary Entry 4 of Edmund the Brewer:

I've begun convincing the Overseer to make me Animal Trapper as well as brewer. That should net me more ingredients for brewing. Liverbeer anyone?

Giver99

• Bay Watcher
  • self destruct..5..4..3..2..1..Oops
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2013, 11:11:43 am »

Winter-year-1
I think im they are plotting against me... it might be time for me to retire and save my neck.
Oop's Wrong Lever!

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2013, 11:45:20 am »

Diary entry 6:

The overseer has had a bit of a breakdown. He just cries and cries over us plotting. I think he should take a break from rule. Maybe WM could oversee us until exp Ldr collects his shit. But he should hold off until spring. Winter's almost over.

The brewer now goes to collect animals for his drinks. Hopefully he won't get hurt.

Giver99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2013, 07:45:06 pm »

I am sending it in a bit early its Still winter but ive got a rely busy week

Maldor Laydown and Sighed He was free from The responcibility of Leadership and the ever present fear of death
He smiled and Fell into a deep Deep Sleep

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8146
Oop's Wrong Lever!

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • High Lobster of Fluffy Wamblers
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2013, 07:51:24 pm »

Alright, grabbing the save.  I'll have a something up by tomorrow, at least a brief overview.
Edangzak Utharsanad Gedor - think you have what it takes?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2013, 08:03:24 pm »

Messy!  :o

Want to dwarf me too please, WoobMonkey.
I'll take Aban, the miner.

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2013, 10:04:59 pm »

Messy!  :o

Want to dwarf me too please, WoobMonkey.
I'll take Aban, the miner.

Welcome to IronFist, Brewster.

Is there anything in particular you'd like to do?

(Nearly through the aquifer; 27 Slate.  Gonna finish the pierce, designate some dig, an call it an evening.  Should have a write up inside the next couple days, outlining the full year)
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2013, 05:12:12 am »

Okay, guys - bad news.

We had no defenses set up; our little squad only got an armor stand and weapon rack a couple weeks ago, and so have barely started training.

I was working on the outer wall, but it was nowhere near done.

We were wiped out.

So, what should I do?  I can savescum back to when I got the save, and spend a little less time trying to organize those massive messpiles; or I can pass on the save for the next player to reclaim; or, I can skip my turn, call it a loss, and let the next player take over from Giver99's save.

BTW, Giver99 - you were on the surface for a year.  Any particular reason why you didn't build any sort of defense, or keep any kind of organization to the stockpiles, whatsoever?  Made it really challenging to take over, that's for sure...
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 19, 2013, 08:28:10 am »

I think savescumming would be a good option. Do that.

Giver99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 19, 2013, 10:03:09 am »

Save scum and sorry it completely slipped my mind no good Reason at all Just me being careless

and as for the stock pile's i was planing on organizing but never got around to it im so sorry so so sorry
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 10:16:29 am by Giver99 »
Oop's Wrong Lever!

Giver99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2013, 10:04:32 am »

but didn't maldore have a sword and lot's of armor that i stole from the dwarf's ??

and the butcher had a sword but that's no exuse

srry im just not used to necromancer's ive never had a seige that quick and never had to fight zombie's Srry
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 10:14:20 am by Giver99 »
Oop's Wrong Lever!

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 19, 2013, 10:16:34 am »

Okay, I'll revert back to mid-winter.

Giver99 no worries - it's just a whole bunch at once, having a bazillion hauling jobs to sort out stockpiles (the main reason I never use the trade depot deconstruction exploit), on top of busting the aquifer, on top of building a wall.

I take my share of the blame - I got too fancy with stockpiling, when I should have been building the walls up, and moving the refuse inside.  I'll give it another shot, and hopefully be able to pass on a survivable fortress.

CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2013, 10:24:38 am »

Hey, WoobMonkey,

Why don't you make a water tunnel to outside of the walls of our fort, and when the scourge arrive, we push them back with water. When we get magma, we could scald other sieges in the future.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8