Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: IronFist  (Read 6660 times)

Giver99

• Bay Watcher
  • self destruct..5..4..3..2..1..Oops
    • View Profile
Re: IronFist
« Reply #75 on: November 19, 2013, 10:35:21 am »

Sorry Again ive just never delt with necromancers out side of the Arena
Oop's Wrong Lever!

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • High Lobster of Fluffy Wamblers
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 19, 2013, 12:11:33 pm »

Hey, WoobMonkey,

Why don't you make a water tunnel to outside of the walls of our fort, and when the scourge arrive, we push them back with water. When we get magma, we could scald other sieges in the future.

That's a major project, and I fear there's not enough time.  Also, water does very little to even slow, never mind stop, the undead.  I'm gonna try focusing on getting an atom-smasher set up, just as a basic defence, until we at least have some kind of a military set up, equipped, and trained a bit.

If I can get the basics set up in time, then I'll see about getting fancy - but I think that the megaweapons will be for overseers after me to play with.
Edangzak Utharsanad Gedor - think you have what it takes?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

Giver99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 19, 2013, 02:34:51 pm »

the butcher has spear skill and maldore has Sword skill as well as Teaching Skill and doging i think

So use them as teacher's for the millitary
Oop's Wrong Lever!

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 19, 2013, 05:45:03 pm »

Diary 6 redeux:

It appears our overseer has just had a nervous breakdown over the defense of the fort. WoobMonkey said she'll oversee the defenses complete while Maldore (?) rests.

QUESTION FOR GAME: what happens if our dwarf dies while we are over-seeing? Do we immediately give the file to the next guy, or slap a name onto another dwarf and pretend that never happened? I'd prefer the former because Game of Thrones also kills off main characters, but they continue.

But if we wanted to get another year, we need a new dwarf.
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 19, 2013, 05:59:03 pm »

Name a child '<Urist> Jr, and appoint a regent from among the unnamed dwarfs?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 19, 2013, 08:28:05 pm »

Diary Entry #5 of Edmund the Brewer:

Oh boy! The Dead have come back!  I wonder if I can milk the parts and make Undead beer.

Diary Entry #6:

Must .  . Obey . . . Master. I feel my sanity slipping. Slipping. -Blood stains line the page, smearing everywhere.-

Diary Entry # 5 Redux:

The Expedition Leader's going mad. I'm going to leave him some Weasel beer to help him feel better.

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2013, 10:12:13 pm »

Okay, guys, here's the deal:  I played from winter to winter.  Organized all stocks, busted the aquifer, set up magma forges, breached the caverns, fought off a necro invasion... I'm done, for this turn.  Whew, what a challenge!

There's still a potential security hole on cavern layer 1, and I didn't yet build a proper airlock for wagon access to the depot.  The traders are still present; they brought the siege with them.  Hopefully there's still time to trade.

All farming has been moved downstairs; most workshops have been set up well beneath the aqui layer.

Be aware that there is still a caged Dwarf Corpse, as well as a caged Human Necromancer, in the animal stockpile.

Hopefully, everything I've done is pretty self-explanatory - look carefully at all the minecart stockpiling, before changing anything up too much on that front.  It took for-freaking-ever set all that up; it would be a shame for that work to go to waste.

I'll do a proper in-character write-up later; for now, I'm just uploading the save, and trying to wash my brain clean of IronFist for the moment.

Save is here: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8156

Have fun, Nidilap!  All hail the new overseer!
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 21, 2013, 12:01:26 am »

P.S. Can I wait until after Thanksgiving for my turn? I've got something to deal with that'll help me run this game better then.

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 21, 2013, 01:20:44 am »

When's Thanksgiving?  We (Canadians) celebrated it last month...
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 21, 2013, 11:05:18 am »

Sweet! I'll get to this tomorrow (Friday)!
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Giver99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 21, 2013, 11:05:57 am »

thanks giving is next week

and guy's make sure to keep the necromancer for Millitary zombie training
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 11:07:43 am by Giver99 »
Oop's Wrong Lever!

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 21, 2013, 12:55:38 pm »

Diary entry 7:

WoobMonkey has come to me the other day, and asked that I begin overseeing the fort. She claims that overseeing is interfering with her "research". I wondered why her research was more important than her home, but, she may save many dwarves from injuries in the future.

IronFist must live on. Now, it's my duty to rule. I'm nervous, but excited.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 24, 2013, 08:05:59 am »

Diary Entry #6: Nidilap helped me get over the Dr's dislike for my work ethic. I support this change in leadership.

I know! I'll make a big batch of Kea beer. That'll also help keep out any thieving birds. If only there were some around. . .

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 28, 2013, 10:07:26 am »

Bump.

Nidilap, what''s going on in your turn?!

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 03, 2013, 09:57:11 pm »

Bump. What's up with the fortress? Are we dead in the water?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8