Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: IronFist  (Read 6665 times)

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
Re: IronFist
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2013, 11:47:14 am »

Do we get to choose professions? If so, I want to be a Mason/Engraver. Wanna make Sankis proud.
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Giver99

• Bay Watcher
  • self destruct..5..4..3..2..1..Oops
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2013, 12:14:42 pm »

Where should I embark to???

Thank's WoobMonkey im just kind of new to Making Threads and ya :D
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 01:08:59 pm by Giver99 »
Oop's Wrong Lever!

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • High Lobster of Fluffy Wamblers
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2013, 12:35:00 pm »

Try an image hosting site, like imageshack, imgur, or whatever other one you prefer.  Then just use the [ img ] [ /img ] (without the spaces) tags, with the url of the image in between, to post it here.
Edangzak Utharsanad Gedor - think you have what it takes?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2013, 01:04:03 pm »

Make sure the URL is the JPEG or PNG whatever, or you might send us to the site.
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2013, 01:16:25 pm »

In the central-west part of the map, I see a tower near a gobbo camp.  With a tile in between - might be a neat spot.

Giver99, if you were to upload the region to DFFD, we could all take a gander at it, and figure out where we're going.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

Giver99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2013, 01:31:54 pm »

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8130

In the central-west part of the map, I see a tower near a gobbo camp.  With a tile in between - might be a neat spot.

That Looks Great.

PS.Any idea's on turn Length?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 01:41:34 pm by Giver99 »
Oop's Wrong Lever!

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2013, 02:02:54 pm »

I agree with WoobMonkey. Between Goblinatti and Necropolis.

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2013, 02:09:38 pm »

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8130

That Looks Great.

PS.Any idea's on turn Length?

Traditionally, it's a couple days to acknowledge your turn and d/l the save, then about a week to play through a year and write up a report.

Now, onto other business - are we in this to collaborate on the fort, or just to mess with each others' heads?  I'm down, either way.
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2013, 02:28:57 pm »

We should collaborate to make the fort livable (Farms, armies, workshops, ect.). Then, as political power is something, we mess about.

Giver99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2013, 02:34:27 pm »

Definitely

First Make The Fort And then Start the Psychological Warfare :D

So i will probably get the save to you on Monday Alright 

Oh and Guys Please DON"T use any texture Packs
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 02:41:18 pm by Giver99 »
Oop's Wrong Lever!

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2013, 02:41:08 pm »

Fair warning: your sig is giving me ideas.  <evil chuckle>

But yeah, totally - I'll wait until we've all had a turn fighting gobbos and necros, before screwing with the fort itself.

So, no leaving the fort in a situation where everyone dies on hitting spacebar; no breaching HFS without containment; no pressure plates set to citizen activation to flood the whole fort with magma...  did I miss anything?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!

Giver99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2013, 02:42:32 pm »

Nope Not Realy Except for NO texture pack ok? :D
Oop's Wrong Lever!

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2013, 02:42:50 pm »

Just no Atom Smashing Sieges, but that's it.

So, when do we begin?

Let's get our Dwarf on!

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2013, 02:48:40 pm »

Nope Not Realy Except for NO texture pack ok? :D

I can't stand looking at the ASCII mess.  I know, I know, take away my Man Badge, but there it is.  However, I have no problem with re-converting the save to standard ASCII before uploading.  Of course, if anyone other than me is using the LNP launcher, it's easy to update the save to *any* tileset, and back.

Are we setting a population/child cap?  Turning on cave-ins and temperature (I vote YES to both); allowing invaders (YES again); or any other tweaks? 
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!

Giver99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2013, 02:51:47 pm »

ok i am going to start sending on monday im having a turn First :P

But as long as you Convert it back to Vanilla Graphics or Should i say Absence of Graphics ok.

Isent there always Invaders Cave ins and Temperature??

Oh im changing it you can have starting skills so tell me what profesions you would like :D

« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 03:35:55 pm by Giver99 »
Oop's Wrong Lever!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8