Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 39

Author Topic: «*MASTERWORK-DF - Studded With Patches*» - Unofficial release  (Read 73268 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: «*MASTERWORK-DF - Studded With Patches*» - Unofficial release
« Reply #510 on: February 24, 2014, 11:14:49 pm »

Good to see you're back mate!

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: February 24, 2014, 11:18:59 pm »

Good to see you're back mate!

Thank you! I'm actually in the most busiest part of my trip (I'm presenting Tuesday and Wednesday), so of course I'm responding to MWDF posts promptly to distract myself from writing code and slides. o_O

~ T

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: February 24, 2014, 11:33:26 pm »

If I already did :

Code: [Select]
$ git add -A .                  # Mark all our changes for inclusion.
$ git commit                    # Commit your local customisations.

after copying macros and whatnot but play a few worlds with the version, then why do I still get the warning to commit when pulling an update?

Well, that's odd, and the answer is I don't really know. The earlier messages certainly say that you've got local changes that aren't in git. If they're not your work, then they might  be from the settings program. (In which case you probably want to commit them as well.)

You can always do a git diff to see what the changes are between what's in your working directory and what was last checked into git.

~ T

Thanks for the quick response, T.

I tried this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Still failing on embark_profiles.txt and now also Phoebus_16x16.png and other stuff.

git diff was a bit overwhelming, pages of config changes and disease settings.

This really makes me feel like an idiot, but I like the idea of using github. Deleting the entire directory each update and starting over just seems so inefficient. I'd like to figure out what's happening.

yaymeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: March 01, 2014, 03:15:32 am »

Are you still doing the staged releases? Didn't examine it too closely but "Gold" looks sort newer than beta/alpha ATM with commits already included that I couldn't find in beta/alpha... & stuff...

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: March 13, 2014, 09:04:43 am »

Are you still doing the staged releases? Didn't examine it too closely but "Gold" looks sort newer than beta/alpha ATM with commits already included that I couldn't find in beta/alpha... & stuff...

Alpha/Beta previously contained warlocks and orcs, which are now in the official releases. So as of a few minutes time, all three branches will be the same.

I've just integrated a boatload of patches (especially from splinterz). Am about to push all the pretty little zip files before I crash into bed. :)

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: March 13, 2014, 09:35:28 am »

So, I'm finally back in Australia (home), and have updated SWP. Most notably:

• All the 4i changes have been added.
  • All of Splinterz most recent patches have been applied.
  • Alpha, Beta, and Gold are now all the same, since all the races (Warlocks, Gnomes, and Orcs) are in the main MWDF release.
I still have a number of patches from ppeng to merge, and splinterz has been doing an amazing job of keeping the issues tracker up to date.

I haven't updated top-posts, but my bots will update them if you do so¹. :)

Keep being awesome!

~ T

¹ Right now I have to manually trigger them, but I'm in the process of transferring them to exobrain control, so my digital minions can do everything.

yaymeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: March 13, 2014, 01:26:10 pm »

Wait, is that a bugtracker? That looks like a bugtracker. I've been looking for a bugtracker all over the place, WTH!? xD

So... github has "issues" -.-"

Well... ok.

Which branch / repo would be adequate to take as a base for my own modifications now? Gold? Alpha? Or Splinterz?

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: March 13, 2014, 05:13:53 pm »

Wait, is that a bugtracker? That looks like a bugtracker. I've been looking for a bugtracker all over the place, WTH!? xD

It sure is! Enjoy! :)

So... github has "issues" -.-"

Not everything's a bug. Some things are feature requests, or build systems, or other things.

Which branch / repo would be adequate to take as a base for my own modifications now? Gold? Alpha? Or Splinterz?

pjf/gold has traditionally been considered authoritative, and at this point should contain all of Splinterz' updates. Although one of the best things about git is that you can absolutely base your work off anyone's repository. Right now alpha/beta/gold are all the same, because all the "experimental" features (orc rebalance, warlocks, etc) are no longer experimental.

So I'd fork off pjf/gold and go from there. Github provides pretty nice full-repo download zipfiles, so you essentially get your distribution packaging done for free. :)

~ T

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: March 13, 2014, 10:46:54 pm »

With Thistleknot's help, I've cast resurrect channel on the Masterwork IRC Channel (#Masterwork on freenode). I'm there as pfenwick. I may also set up a bot to report when changes are pulled/committed to SWP, because that's wonderfully easy to do. :)

~ T

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: March 14, 2014, 07:36:27 pm »

Suggestion:

profiles that change the settings in the (g)ui ("Masterwork Settings") would be awesome!

I'm thinking like:

1. Vanilla
2. Vanilla + Recommended + Masterwork settings
3. Vanilla + Recommended + Masterwork expanded

and if users could submit profiles to be categorized into the ui, would be even cooler!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 09:48:51 am by thistleknot »

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: March 14, 2014, 08:26:38 pm »

Gnomes are now updated to 0.75 in SWP/gold. Thanks to splinterz for the pull request!

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: March 14, 2014, 08:30:42 pm »

Suggestion:

profiles that changed the settings in the (g)ui ("Masterwork Settings") would be awesome!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I really like this idea. It could potentially make it easy to retain one's preferred settings across releases, and certainly would make it easier for players to share preferred settings (which could also help with some bug-fixing, if bugs exist only in specific tilesets for example).

I shall put it in the issues tracker. :)

~ T

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: March 15, 2014, 04:40:49 am »

I really like this idea. It could potentially make it easy to retain one's preferred settings across releases, and certainly would make it easier for players to share preferred settings (which could also help with some bug-fixing, if bugs exist only in specific tilesets for example).

I shall put it in the issues tracker. :)

~ T

+1. And if the settings were saved, it would allow changing graphic packs after generating the world!

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: March 22, 2014, 08:08:10 pm »

I'm confused on how I can get a current build easily.

Say I get an email stating that things have been fixed due to subscribing to github

but it's an update on the gold branch.

I get a message that says

git pull https://github.com/splintermind/masterwork-dwarf-fortress gold

but I'm not sure how I can run this from the command line.

I downloaded the most recent beta version (which is the version I wished to play)

I have a newly built machine, so pardon with me.  But I can't seem to figure it out after downloading github (for windows) as well as git (for windows).  It seems like there's two people updated the pull requests on the upper branch, I would think that Splinterz should have that update ability. ;)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 08:25:38 pm by thistleknot »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: March 23, 2014, 10:20:39 am »

You need to make a remote pointing to that github:

git remote add origin https://github.com/splintermind/masterwork-dwarf-fortress.git

After that, then you want to do this:

git pull origin master
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 39