Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 39

Author Topic: «*MASTERWORK-DF - Studded With Patches*» - Unofficial release  (Read 73298 times)

daemoria

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERTEX_SMITH]
    • View Profile
Re: «*MASTERWORK-DF - Studded With Patches*» - Unofficial release
« Reply #495 on: January 30, 2014, 03:57:16 am »

Is there any way to isolate/trouble shoot crashes in this game? I've managed to pin down reliable crashes down to spawning ambushers, so it's got to be some sort of item they carry or a specialized caste member causing it.

I could play the game without invaders, but that would get rid of most of the !!Fun!! in this game, and my Dwarves would live much too happily...
3 <≡Vertex≡>
This is a exceptionally prepared stack of 3 vertex. It forms the shape of a triangle.

sjohne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: January 30, 2014, 04:06:33 am »

First... thanks for making these great patches and bug fixes for masterwork :-).

But I just downloaded the newest SWP version to try the orcish rebalance and... it's completely unplayable because everytime I press the "+" key the game starts to zoom outward (more tiles on screen). Does not happen with 4g and makes things like adding goods on the embarking screen or navigating the contruct building screen near impossible :-(...

Any way to get a fix for that?

Err just forget this one. Setting keybinding settings in the GUI to laptop fixed it... still strange because previously I always played with default keybindings and no problems there.

PS: Aaaarg! I take this back! What have you done to the keybindings?!?! Now it's not possible to assign or scroll in a menu unless I hold shift? Please can you remove the scrolling from the "+" key in the default keybindings? Makes it otherwise totally hard to play :-(...
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 04:14:53 am by sjohne »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #497 on: January 30, 2014, 05:22:56 am »

Is there any way to isolate/trouble shoot crashes in this game? I've managed to pin down reliable crashes down to spawning ambushers, so it's got to be some sort of item they carry or a specialized caste member causing it.

I could play the game without invaders, but that would get rid of most of the !!Fun!! in this game, and my Dwarves would live much too happily...
Do you happen to have diggingInvaders enabled?

daemoria

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERTEX_SMITH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: January 30, 2014, 09:05:06 am »

Splinterz, I've disabled that feature, and all non vanilla races. It's a very barebones version of Masterwork truth be told, mostly just using the new reactions and workshops.
3 <≡Vertex≡>
This is a exceptionally prepared stack of 3 vertex. It forms the shape of a triangle.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #499 on: January 30, 2014, 09:19:07 am »

Splinterz, I've disabled that feature, and all non vanilla races. It's a very barebones version of Masterwork truth be told, mostly just using the new reactions and workshops.
If you type enable in the dfhck console does it show the digging invader plugin as disabled?

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: January 31, 2014, 07:58:12 pm »

Seeing Meph mention that he may begin working on a RAW cleanup, I wanted make mention that I've gone through all of the inorganics and materials RAWs and removed everything that is only mentioned when it was defined.

I just started going through the reaction RAWs to see if I broke anything due to REACTION_CLASS and HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT.  I can push my current fileset up for inclusion in SWP if anyone wants to start looking.

I'm working with the 4g set of RAWs, so hopefully the merge process with 4h doesn't change everything back.  :(

EDIT:  Forgot to mention that the only reaction I've changed as a result of this was some of the reactions for creating Stealoak weapons which were using the Steeloak inorganic instead of the material.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 08:00:14 pm by Billy Jack »
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #501 on: January 31, 2014, 07:59:21 pm »

I used the current beta swp release in the 4h version. Its essentially SWP + Warlocks + Gnomes
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: February 05, 2014, 06:59:27 am »

Just FYI, I've updated my r4 pack with the new automelt and autodump plugins here: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8166
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 01:55:00 pm by falconne »
Utility plugins for DFHack, for improving Dwarf Fortress' user interface.

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: February 06, 2014, 12:35:58 am »

Ahoy everyone,

My apologies for being away. I'm about to leave on Yet Another Speaking Tour, and the start of this year has been hectic as a result. I'm currently in the process of playing catch-up with this thread and the boards in general. I believe my current TODO list includes:

• Integrating 4h into SWP.
  • Upgrading falconne's plug-ins.
  • Anything else you want to remind me of here. :)

The good news is that I have about 20 hours worth of flights next Thursday, which should give plenty of times to write my slides play Masterwork. ;)

Many thanks!

~ T

randyshipp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: «☼MASTERWORK-DF - Studded With Patches☼» - Unofficial release
« Reply #504 on: February 07, 2014, 11:41:02 am »

Dwarves now have Apostle/Nun, Priest/Priestess and High Priest/High Priestess. You can reach those levels by praying a lot in the Monastery.

I've built a monastery in 4g and sent a dwarf who was already an Apostle of Armok to pray for three months to become a Priest.  This didn't seem to change the dwarf at all.  I sent him in for a month to "become an Apostle,"  just in case I was confusing the caste name with actually being an Apostle or something.  As expected, he came out an Apostle, just as he already was.  I then sent him right back in for three months, and he came out an Apostle again.  I see the lua fix in the MDF manual, but I don't see a code to use for "Priest" in the dfhack command.  How can I get my Priest up and running?  Thanks.

Randy...
Randy...

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
Re: «☼MASTERWORK-DF - Studded With Patches☼» - Unofficial release
« Reply #505 on: February 09, 2014, 07:21:13 pm »

Dwarves now have Apostle/Nun, Priest/Priestess and High Priest/High Priestess. You can reach those levels by praying a lot in the Monastery.

I've built a monastery in 4g and sent a dwarf who was already an Apostle of Armok to pray for three months to become a Priest.  This didn't seem to change the dwarf at all.  I sent him in for a month to "become an Apostle,"  just in case I was confusing the caste name with actually being an Apostle or something.  As expected, he came out an Apostle, just as he already was.  I then sent him right back in for three months, and he came out an Apostle again.  I see the lua fix in the MDF manual, but I don't see a code to use for "Priest" in the dfhack command.  How can I get my Priest up and running?  Thanks.

Randy...

I mentioned this a while back in the bug report thread and Meph fixed it.  It should be in the studded with patches release.  If you want to use it on your current game here's the hotfix that Meph released.  It works on save games too.  It was a typo in the raws concerning how priests change.  It's also fixed in 4h if you're ready to update.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8272

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #506 on: February 16, 2014, 11:55:45 am »

I noticed that a lot of people have been having problems with warlocks involving the skeletons leaving squads even when they're in range of the pylons.  I had a look at the code and made a few changes.  I didn't really test it, so it might not work, but it should help the issue, at least until an official solution is found.  However, it relies on the undeads not being opposed to life by default.  Not sure if that's a practical problem.

It requires the following interactions:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And in the creature file, ghouls and skeletons should have [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] removed and be given the following interaction in place of REMOVE_OPPOSED_TO_LIFE:

while warlocks should have their remove_opposed_to_life interactions replaced by
and change the name of POWER_PYLON to OTL_POWER_PYLON.

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: February 21, 2014, 05:36:33 pm »

Ahoy everyone!

Apologies for my long absence, I'm currently changing countries every week, which puts a slight cramp on my time. :)

So, first of all, Meph's 4h release looks awesome, and I'm delighted to say that actual work to merge SWP with 4h was quite minimal. :)  Consequently, the latest SWP-gold is based upon the 4h release. Just looking at the diffs, it looks like we have the following changes between 4h official and SWP, most of which are from recent SWP contributions which landed since Warlock development started:

• Left and right bracket can be used for zooming in/out
  • I'm using splinterz's DiggingInvaders config from GH 106, but would love someone to double-check this is how things should work right now.
  • Gnomes once again drop scalps when butchered
  • The MEDNIGHT_BLUE duplicate colour has been removed.
  • Obsolete siren reactions are removed
  • Numerous typo fixes ('a armorstand' -> 'an armorstand')
  • Updated Orc Fortress manuals

I'll update the top-post with new information, unless someone else updates it for me first (I love it when that happens!). Since Warlocks and Orc Fortress are now in the official release, the only meaningful branch to be using is the 'gold' branch. (I'll tweaks my tools so that 'beta' and 'alpha' will continue to work, but they'll be giving you the same as 'gold' for now.)

I'm also aware that I'm mightily behind on this thread (and most others). I hope to be caught up soon, but it's worth noting that anything in the SWP issues list are easier for me to track, so if it's something important, do feel free to add it there.

Many thanks!

~ T

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: February 24, 2014, 10:43:36 pm »

This tends to happen every time with a new pull. I somehow manage to bash enough keys to get the pull to work, but still end up having to manually copy things like macros rather frequently.

I reread the first few posts of this thread every time, and worked my way through some of the github manual, but I just can't get a feel for what's going on.

If I already did :

Code: [Select]
$ git add -A .                  # Mark all our changes for inclusion.
$ git commit                    # Commit your local customisations.

after copying macros and whatnot but play a few worlds with the version, then why do I still get the warning to commit when pulling an update?

Many thanks for your patience.

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: February 24, 2014, 11:10:13 pm »

If I already did :

Code: [Select]
$ git add -A .                  # Mark all our changes for inclusion.
$ git commit                    # Commit your local customisations.

after copying macros and whatnot but play a few worlds with the version, then why do I still get the warning to commit when pulling an update?

Well, that's odd, and the answer is I don't really know. The earlier messages certainly say that you've got local changes that aren't in git. If they're not your work, then they might  be from the settings program. (In which case you probably want to commit them as well.)

You can always do a git diff to see what the changes are between what's in your working directory and what was last checked into git.

~ T
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 39