Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 39

Author Topic: «*MASTERWORK-DF - Studded With Patches*» - Unofficial release  (Read 73329 times)

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: «*MASTERWORK-DF - Studded With Patches*» - Unofficial release
« Reply #480 on: January 21, 2014, 02:29:10 pm »

Diverse.

They have a title (Diverse) and a name (garden of gaia in that case), which is shown on the top left, next to the seed and all that.
Thanks for your patience with me. I've started the generation for that map and will hopefully see caves when its said and done. When you're selecting the site, does it clearly state that there is a cave there, or do you just need to know what to look for?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #481 on: January 21, 2014, 02:33:38 pm »

it will show the icon on the map and give you the name of the cave, just like it gives names of rivers or volcanos.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: January 21, 2014, 02:36:24 pm »

it will show the icon on the map and give you the name of the cave, just like it gives names of rivers or volcanos.
Yes. I had to restart because something went wrong with trying to reduce the years (I did it manually from within DF instead of with the settings program and that worked) and now I see the boulders around! Some on lakes and some on ground or mountains.

Thank you so much!! (And not only for your help today but for making this Mod in the first place. I just love playing reptiles in any kind of fantasy setting!)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #483 on: January 21, 2014, 05:29:13 pm »

lol. Kobolds - a small dog like humanoid with drooping ears. What are these reptiles you were talking about? :P
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: January 21, 2014, 05:38:39 pm »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #485 on: January 21, 2014, 06:01:47 pm »

(Yeah, I know vanilla DF kobolds lay eggs... but if you try to play an egg-laying civ, you will have a bad time, because they never claim nestboxes and wont have kids.)

CptCrunchy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: January 21, 2014, 06:31:33 pm »

Sometimes kobolds are portrayed as kind of lizard-rat people instead of more canine. 
Likes nether horror for their ability to turn people into eldritch horrors. Seriously, what is wrong with that dwarf.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #487 on: January 21, 2014, 06:33:41 pm »

Argh, people, dont ignore the " :P" I added behind the sentence. ^^

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: January 22, 2014, 10:06:26 am »

Well, there's good news... then there's DwarfFortress. ::)

I found a cave, but not only is it puny, but also had apparently very deadly grubs in it and snake-people wanting to kill us above. >_<

Of course, that means I'm losing my rats and Shalswars before they have a chance to reproduce... (And, yes, I left with about a dozen of each. More for the rats.)

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: January 27, 2014, 01:44:44 am »

So I'm working on eliminating all of the 'animal' adjectives on the FAT GLOBS (skin, tallow, chitin, scale, shell, fat) and I am thinking that there is a conflict between the intentions of the EXOTIC_SKIN_TEMPLATE and the TOUGHSKIN_TEMPLATE.

Both of these tan directly into tough leather, but only the TOUGHSKIN_TEMPLATE is actually better than normal SKIN_TEMPLATE, with the properties of the EXOTIC_SKIN_TEMPLATE being the same as SKIN_TEMPLATE.

Unless I hear otherwise, I'm going to go ahead and change out EXOTIC_SKIN_TEMPLATE for TOUGHSKIN_TEMPLATE when it is defined as a USE_MATERIAL. So this should only mean that when an affected creature is butchered they will produce the same glob that is tanned directly to tough leather.

I haven't investigated the TISSUEs that use the EXOTIC_SKIN_TEMPLATE which would actually affect how tough the creatures may be in combat. Once I have the list of creatures that use this standard skin with advanced tanning properties, I can provide a list of the creatures to see which one's should actually be tougher.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #490 on: January 27, 2014, 03:49:56 am »

I wish you the best of luck with that endeavour. I know that there are the leftovers from the first tries of standardized materials, the old MDF, the new MDF (V1 and V2+), Genesis and at least one other mod (Veruks Leathers or something like that) in there. I havent touched them in forever, because I am afraid to break stuff. ^^

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: January 27, 2014, 11:57:03 am »

Commit 7d8051f

GUI: Noticed that the Playable checkbox for Warlocks on the Civs tab. No biggie.

Genned a new world. Embarked with dwarves. Abandoned. Found a new site.

Embark now gives me Warlocks. Went back to GUI, Warlocks still not playable. So, how did they get selected, and how to switch back to dwarves?

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 27, 2014, 07:31:28 pm »

Apologies I've been away. I'm rapidly approaching conference season for me, and my life is a mixture of travel arrangements, software, slides, and shibe.

Commit 7d8051f

Embark now gives me Warlocks. Went back to GUI, Warlocks still not playable. So, how did they get selected, and how to switch back to dwarves?

Warlocks should only exist on the alpha branch (and I've been slow in merging the last few releases), so my initial guess is that you're somewhere which is based upon the alpha release.

However commit 7d8051f is my no-rabies branch, which is based upon gold. Looking through the commit history from that point I can't spot anything that would make warlocks a playable race.  Have you made any other changes to your working directory?

~ T

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: January 28, 2014, 09:51:47 am »

Apologies I've been away. I'm rapidly approaching conference season for me, and my life is a mixture of travel arrangements, software, slides, and shibe.

Commit 7d8051f

Warlocks should only exist on the alpha branch (and I've been slow in merging the last few releases), so my initial guess is that you're somewhere which is based upon the alpha release.

However commit 7d8051f is my no-rabies branch, which is based upon gold. Looking through the commit history from that point I can't spot anything that would make warlocks a playable race.  Have you made any other changes to your working directory?

~ T

I thought I started a new branch from that commit, but it's highly possible that I messed something up. I haven't been able to repeat the issue. Thanks for the quick response.

sjohne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: January 29, 2014, 09:35:41 pm »

First... thanks for making these great patches and bug fixes for masterwork :-).

But I just downloaded the newest SWP version to try the orcish rebalance and... it's completely unplayable because everytime I press the "+" key the game starts to zoom outward (more tiles on screen). Does not happen with 4g and makes things like adding goods on the embarking screen or navigating the contruct building screen near impossible :-(...

Any way to get a fix for that?
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 39