Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 39

Author Topic: «*MASTERWORK-DF - Studded With Patches*» - Unofficial release  (Read 73303 times)

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: «☼MASTERWORK-DF - Studded With Patches☼» - Unofficial release
« Reply #450 on: January 12, 2014, 07:22:26 pm »

It seems a bit wrong to me that burning a fish shells or rat or cockroach corpses produces as much ash in the crematorium as burning a log worth of wood.  It might be worth changing the "burn vermin" and "burn bodyparts" to consume, say 10 vermin corpses and 10 bodyparts to produce 1 lot of ash bars.

Right now they produce a bar of ash 50% of the time. A log of wood produces 3 bars with thistleknot's changes, so six remains = 1 log.

I'm happy with these being adjusted downwards (especially for vermin), as I view the main utility of burning vermin/bodyparts is one of keeping things clean and tidy, with ash as an occasional bonus.  Provided Meph doesn't object, do you fancy pushing a commit with your changes? ;)

Quote from: Undeadlord
Alright, smacked some SSH around and it looked like the push went through, I see my changes under the Commit area.

Huzzah! I can see them too, and will be integrating them shortly. Thank you very much! :)

As a small note, the first line of the commit is what gets displayed in patchlogs, the network graph, and elsewhere, so it pays to have something immediately comprehensible. "Fixed missing baby names. #22" works great, it describes the contents of the commit, and also auto-links to issue #22 which it addresses. I've added a few more suggestions in the contributor's guide.

Don't worry about the commits you've made, I can adjust them before they go into the main tree, and your work looks great! Thank you very much again! You rock! :D

~ T

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: January 12, 2014, 09:58:05 pm »

weirdest issue, crash, no errorlog, dfhack doesn't report any errors...

gold dated 1/10/14 at 3:29PM (PST)

https://www.mediafire.com/?89jpf821ipvib0s

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: January 12, 2014, 10:29:03 pm »

weirdest issue, crash, no errorlog, dfhack doesn't report any errors...

Interesting. Loaded this up the first time, ran it, and sure enough I got a crash with no errors as you reported.

The second time I did the same thing (but paused and unpaused a few times first, mostly to check the combat logs which shows everyone's infected with something), and moments later a caravan with outpost liason arrive when I was expecting the crash.

The caravan seems to get to the depot and unload fine, although the diplomat leaves unhappy (not sure why).

So my best guess is the crash is something merchant related, and random.

~ T

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: «*MASTERWORK-DF - Studded With Patches*» - Unofficial release
« Reply #454 on: January 13, 2014, 09:50:17 pm »

I'm pleased to say that you can now edit the top two posts on this thread; there are instructions on how at the bottom of each post. If you think they're missing something, or you spot a mistake, then please fix it.  (Seriously, don't ask for permission, just do it.)

Updating the top-posts presently requires me to press a button, but once my delivery of goblin, kitten, and pressure plate arrive, I'll automate that too. :)

Many thanks!

~ T

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: January 15, 2014, 07:46:57 pm »

"The world has passed into the Golden Age."

Looks like this means giant drowspider silk evaporates instantly. The spider-riding goblin ambushers that were web spamming a freezer thief now shoot "a web" that disappears immediately. All of the webs from last season are gone now as well.

I saw a mention of getting rid of webs from invader mounts somewhere recently, but I haven't merged from alpha in at least a week.

Ironhand, Windows 7x64

Edit: Rare silk webs started showing up randomly after about a week.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 08:33:16 pm by There Is No Vic »

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: January 16, 2014, 06:49:54 am »

Warlock 0.3 merged into alpha.

Many thanks to Meph for fixing all the capitalisation on orc reactions. ;)

~ T

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #457 on: January 16, 2014, 08:08:50 am »

Warlock 0.3 merged into alpha.

Many thanks to Meph for fixing all the capitalisation on orc reactions. ;)

~ T
Lol. I think I capitalised everything. ^^ Have to check, I had some problems with crashes and had to redo about 3 days of work, dont know if anything got lost on the way.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: January 16, 2014, 11:55:23 pm »

Just a short note that editing the top-posts should now be much easier, as we use templates to auto-substitute in the latest changes. This has the side-effect that that latest changes will now always be up-to-date as of the last-edit time on the top-post. :)

Enjoy!

~ T

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: January 18, 2014, 03:08:45 pm »

commit 20817f4, Masterwork Obsidian

- Getting a User Account Control warning dialog when using the Play button. Never seen this behavior before.

- dfhack stderr message:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

- And a .NET crash dialog

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Loading an old save and genning a new world both seem to work.

Edit:

Getting the User Account Control dialog for Therapist, SoundSense, and Quickfort, now, too.

Edit 2:

All of my Therapist settings are gone. Clearly I've done something wrong with pulling.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 03:18:10 pm by There Is No Vic »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: January 18, 2014, 03:40:44 pm »

That's because it's supposed to be "hackwish startup", not "hackwish enable". Really should allow enable, too. With "hackwish enable", it basically tries to activate hackwish with Unit #enable, which is... wrong.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #461 on: January 18, 2014, 03:50:48 pm »

That's because it's supposed to be "hackwish startup", not "hackwish enable". Really should allow enable, too. With "hackwish enable", it basically tries to activate hackwish with Unit #enable, which is... wrong.
So I should just replace the enable with startup in the dfhack init, and all is fine? I was wondering where that red error message came from, but the script itself worked, so I didnt say anything.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: January 18, 2014, 04:08:53 pm »

Yeah, as long as you're using the latest version.

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: January 19, 2014, 05:59:29 pm »

@Splinterz

Would it be overly burdensome to request that all of the plants that are included for Kobolds and Orcs be controlled by whether or not we are selecting them as available for play? I dislike getting them from ambushed traders since I can't plant their seeds and need to destroy them.

Not a huge issue, but a slight annoyance.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #464 on: January 19, 2014, 06:01:55 pm »

I can't plant their seeds
You can, if you are in the right biomes. most orc plants need taiga, tundra or even glaciers.

kobolds have only the wood stalk, which should be plantable everywhere.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 39