Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 39

Author Topic: «*MASTERWORK-DF - Studded With Patches*» - Unofficial release  (Read 73332 times)

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: «☼MASTERWORK-DF - Studded With Patches☼» - Unofficial release
« Reply #435 on: January 10, 2014, 10:05:39 am »

Warmist's new showunitsyndrome is in. Ditto for thistleknots ash/coke changes and medicine rebalance.

Master and unified branches are gone. Trying to pull or merge from them will start failing soon. Use gold and beta instead.

I've updated the contributor's guide with info on staying up to date.

Thistleknot: I've sent you a pull request, which should bring all your files up to the latest version. Although sending me patches based on old version is fine too, because git know where you're coming from, and will do the right thing to make sure they apply to the updated files. :)

2am in Australia, so I'm going to crash into bed soon, or at least get some time in on my Let's Play. :D

You all rock. Thank you all for your contributions.

~ T

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: January 10, 2014, 12:07:10 pm »

@Splinterz

When you get a chance, could you add the ability to set the [MACRO_MS:??] value in init.txt?

It would actually be nice if there could be a separate tab to manage all of the other settings from init.txt and d_init.txt. I know that DFInit does manage everything, but it starts with a set of defaults rather than reading them in from the existing files.

Thanks

P.S.  I probably wouldn't use those tabs, but I know there are others who do.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: January 10, 2014, 07:10:52 pm »

Just a note that Warlocks alpha 2 is now in SWP alpha. Enjoy. :)

~ T

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: January 11, 2014, 09:57:53 am »

I have 22 dwarf's, and only 4 have not taken their "yearly" innoculation.

I build about 75-100 regular drinks, and 15-20 medicine... it's slowly but surely working...

update:

now 3 / 22 haven't taken it.  They could have in the past, just need to retake it.  So if an epidemic were to come, only a few would be affected at this point.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 10:01:01 am by thistleknot »

Undeadlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: January 11, 2014, 04:35:16 pm »

Alright, I think I did things right but really I might have messed this up.

I did a fork, made my changes, did a commit and then a push. Was just a small fix for issue 49 and some various misspellings in descriptions I found.

Undeadlord

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: January 11, 2014, 06:49:46 pm »

Alright, I think I did things right but really I might have messed this up.

I did a fork, made my changes, did a commit and then a push. Was just a small fix for issue 49 and some various misspellings in descriptions I found.

Huzzah! Dwarves will once again have purple blocks!

However I can't see your commits. Could you try 'git status' to make sure they haven't missed the commit, and another 'git push' to send them to github?  If all goes well we should see them show up on your repository page.

Many thanks!

~ T

Undeadlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: January 12, 2014, 12:11:36 am »

Ah sorry, looks like there was an error with the push, I thought it went through. Will try again, setting up git is still confusing for me. I am NOT a programmer :)

EDIT: Looks like the push worked this time, says everything is up to date, but I don't see them on that repository page. Sorry that I am so bad at this.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 12:32:47 am by Undeadlord »

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: January 12, 2014, 12:33:44 am »

Ah sorry, looks like there was an error with the push, I thought it went through. Will try again, setting up git is still confusing for me. I am NOT a programmer :)

If you let me know what the error is, I might be able to help. My guess is that you might be trying to push to my repo rather than yours, in which case you can potentially get away with:

Code: [Select]
git remote set-url origin git@github.com:Undeadlord/masterwork-dwarf-fortress.git

Which will set git to use your own repo, after which point a 'git push' should work fine. :)

If that's not the cause, I'll actually need the error for clues.

~ T

Undeadlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: January 12, 2014, 12:54:39 am »

EDIT: I did run the command you suggested above.

If I do a

git commit . I get

On branch gold
Your branch is ahead of 'origin/gold' by 1
  (use "git push" to publish your local com

nothing to commit, working directory clean

then with a

git push . I get

Everything-up-to-date message.

However if I try just a
git push
with no . I get this

$ git push
Permission denied (publickey).
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 01:06:16 am by Undeadlord »

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: January 12, 2014, 01:23:20 am »

[code]$ git push

Yup, that's definitely a permissions problem. There's a troubleshooting guide which may help, although I'd be inclined to start about half way down it.  Alternatively, you could try using https for transport, which is more likely to work, but can be less convenient overall, as you may be prompted for your password:

git remote set-url origin https://github.com/Undeadlord/masterwork-dwarf-fortress.git
git push

You'll only need to do the `git remote` command once, all pushes after that point *should* work.

I'd start with trying the https solution. :)

~ T

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: January 12, 2014, 05:07:12 am »

i used github. makes your life a lot easier.

then you just need to do a pull request across forks or something like that

fasquardon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: January 12, 2014, 06:03:25 am »

It seems a bit wrong to me that burning a fish shells or rat or cockroach corpses produces as much ash in the crematorium as burning a log worth of wood.  It might be worth changing the "burn vermin" and "burn bodyparts" to consume, say 10 vermin corpses and 10 bodyparts to produce 1 lot of ash bars.

fasquardon

Undeadlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: January 12, 2014, 09:46:59 am »

Alright, smacked some SSH around and it looked like the push went through, I see my changes under the Commit area.

*fingers crossed*

Undeadlord

[code]$ git push

Yup, that's definitely a permissions problem. There's a troubleshooting guide which may help, although I'd be inclined to start about half way down it.  Alternatively, you could try using https for transport, which is more likely to work, but can be less convenient overall, as you may be prompted for your password:

git remote set-url origin https://github.com/Undeadlord/masterwork-dwarf-fortress.git
git push

You'll only need to do the `git remote` command once, all pushes after that point *should* work.

I'd start with trying the https solution. :)

~ T

Undeadlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: January 12, 2014, 10:42:39 am »

I think I got Issue #22 sorted out as well, added some child names, fixed some spellings mistakes. None of the creatures have GENERAL_BABY_NAME tokens, so I skipped that part of the issue.

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: January 12, 2014, 12:36:34 pm »

It seems a bit wrong to me that burning a fish shells or rat or cockroach corpses produces as much ash in the crematorium as burning a log worth of wood.  It might be worth changing the "burn vermin" and "burn bodyparts" to consume, say 10 vermin corpses and 10 bodyparts to produce 1 lot of ash bars.

fasquardon

I like the current ratio of vermin/parts to ash. It takes a bit of work to get enough ash, but not too much.

Burn Bodyparts to Ash and Burn Vermin to Ash each only have a 50% chance of creating an ash bar.

You're welcome to change the rate.

If you want to change your current save, edit reaction_masterwork.txt in your save/regionX/raw/objects/ folder. If you want to change for a new world, edit the one in df/raw/objects. Be sure to back up your originals! In reaction_masterwork.txt, find the Crematorium reactions.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think you could change REAGENT:A:1 to REAGENT:A:10, but it seems like the gathering up of 10 items would lead to problems like items rotting/decaying during the delay.

Change PRODUCT:50 to PRODUCT:10, to change the output rate to 10% chance of ash bar, or whatever you like.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 39