Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 39

Author Topic: «*MASTERWORK-DF - Studded With Patches*» - Unofficial release  (Read 73296 times)

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: «☼MASTERWORK-DF - Studded With Patches☼» - Unofficial release
« Reply #315 on: December 25, 2013, 10:41:03 pm »

Thanks for the help.

I'm kinda thinking the GUI tool for Git is screwing me up and I need to use the command line tool, as it will be more robust.

Thanks again.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 25, 2013, 11:51:01 pm »

Thanks for the help.

I'm kinda thinking the GUI tool for Git is screwing me up and I need to use the command line tool, as it will be more robust.

You are so welcome! One of the joys of using git is that I *can* help out when needed. You should find that merging from master should now be conflict free, especially if you merge often. There's been further updates since I sent you the pull request, so you can happily test doing a merge if you like. :)

Let me know if you need any cmdline help at any point, that's definitely my area of expertise.

~ T

FallenJoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 26, 2013, 12:29:12 pm »

Falconne just added an update to his inventory plugin that permits melting through his UI and restricting the inventory screen to a single stockpile.
If someone involved with the patch project could fit it into this it would be amazing.

Looks like it will make dealing with goblinite far easier: Just throw everything on the surface into a single catch all stockpile then use the new plugin feature to open up just that stockpile and select what you want to melt/keep/dump to that randomly freestanding bridge 2 squares away.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #318 on: December 26, 2013, 01:11:24 pm »

I have seen this update, but its for dfhack r3.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

FallenJoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 26, 2013, 01:49:52 pm »

Sad day.   So would the conversion to r4 (if possible at all ) be solely at the discretion of falconne, or could some enterprising modder adapt it to work with r4 and masterwork? 

Disclaimer: I know nothing about modding beyond what bits I picked up from a C++ class a few years back.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #320 on: December 26, 2013, 02:08:49 pm »

Modding is not the same as writing scripts for dfhack. Falconne has to compile it, or someone he sends the source code to. I for example am completely useless when it comes to dfhack. I dont know C. But I am positive that falconne will repack it for r4 as well. He did the others already.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: December 26, 2013, 02:49:39 pm »

Anything compiled (I.E C++, .dll, .so) is a plugin. Anything interpreted (I.E Lua, Ruby, .lua, .rb) is a script.

Semantics!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #322 on: December 26, 2013, 02:56:10 pm »

Modding is not the same as writing scripts/plugins for dfhack.

Better? :P

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: December 26, 2013, 05:25:33 pm »

while failing at my last fort... (albeit survived 3 sieges, but the last one really tore through me).

wondering if my mining is not enacting syndromes as it should.

dfhack r4 console error

33/45/82 tiletype: 440, veinmat: 496, designation: 0x89400 ... DIGGING!
Resuming job 1194: ConstructBlocks [rock]
...ess-unified\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/itemsyndrome.lua:271: attempt to inde
x local 'item' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
        ...ess-unified\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/itemsyndrome.lua:271: in func
tion 'checkAndAddSyndrome'
        ...ess-unified\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/itemsyndrome.lua:291: in func
tion <...ess-unified\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/itemsyndrome.lua:290>
Suspending job 1194: ConstructBlocks [rock]

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: December 26, 2013, 05:53:24 pm »

Sad day.   So would the conversion to r4 (if possible at all ) be solely at the discretion of falconne, or could some enterprising modder adapt it to work with r4 and masterwork? 

Disclaimer: I know nothing about modding beyond what bits I picked up from a C++ class a few years back.

just wait for the official r4 release, falconne will recompile then.  Otherwise you can go through the fun arduous process of trying to compile it yourself if he has made the source available from the dfhack repository.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #326 on: December 26, 2013, 08:29:20 pm »

I am merrily hacking away at my todo list.

Dwarves now have Apostle/Nun, Priest/Priestess and High Priest/High Priestess. You can reach those levels by praying a lot in the Monastery. Priests can detect, but not cure hidden threats, like werewolves, spies, bloodbeasts and necromancers in disguise. High Priests can detect those, and detect the carp cult leader, without being spotted and starting a full on war, like the Ward does. The High Priests also make people immune to the bad influence of the carp cult, so if you fight the cult leader, take the priests with you. He will negate half of his attacks. Oh, and the hidden enemies like bloodbeasts, they dont show their identity. Previously you could see who paints a pentagram. Now you get a "a random dwarves finds a pentagram somewhere". Only wards or priests can find them now. :) Much more interesting.

Pray 1 month = Apostle.
Pray 3 months = Priest.
Pray 6 months = High Priest.

A dwarf that went to the monastery for religious guidance. Praying for a long time without rest is the traditional way of entering clerical services. The dwarf will not leave the monastery in this time, but will try to defend if attacked.

The reactions are free, everyone can become a priest. Priests and Nuns are now sterile. They swore celibacy. This is seen ingame as well, after they transform.

Creature souls can now be offered to armok for a variety of rewards. All the "pray for X" reactions have a counterpart which adds a soul, raising the chance for a reward 10x. (Or to 100%, depending on type). You can also sacrifice a lot more stuff, for different rewards. The temple can now outfit your army with gear directly send by armok. You can sacrifice gear for a small chance of "bloody gear of armok". So if you sacrifice 10 breastplates, you get 1 nice one back, on average.

There is a new building, the volcanic oracle of armok. a 11x11 temple. I moved the blessings and the guardian of armok to it, because I felt that they are too strong in the early game. Now you need magma for this. It can also bless or curse silver into moonsilver or shadesilver. These do... 30!!! times additional damage against evil creature (moonsilver) or good creatures (shadesilver). But otherwise its still silver, so they suck against normal creatures. Mind that goblins and warlocks are evil, elves are good. Moonsilver will tear most evil things apart. This means you can have specialized squads against specific types of enemies.

Just waiting for the script Roses is working on, to add souls to all creatures with brains. I cant do this by hand, its 5500 creatures counting all sets of raws...

Edit: And got the script done. Not Roses, but McTeellox. But works nontheless. ;)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 08:57:50 pm by Meph »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: December 26, 2013, 11:09:33 pm »

What does the 'Blessing Of The Guard' do?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #328 on: December 26, 2013, 11:28:18 pm »

Guardian of Armok. :) Its been renamed to "Blessing of Safety" by now.

I added unique souls to all civ-races. So there are elf souls, warlock souls, gnomes souls flying around now. Only two races are excluded: Frost Giants and Automatons. Giants just leave bifrost, Automatons leave clockwork parts.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: December 27, 2013, 12:53:41 am »

So all the different souls do different things? Awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 39