Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 39

Author Topic: «*MASTERWORK-DF - Studded With Patches*» - Unofficial release  (Read 73370 times)

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: «☼MASTERWORK-DF - Studded With Patches☼» - Unofficial release
« Reply #135 on: December 03, 2013, 12:23:37 am »

I tried jumping ship to your uni branch, and this happened after 3 worldgen's...
I can't jump

http://imgur.com/p3Ld6x0

well... excluding the bronze anvils... that just makes sense as that was my mod.

Update:
now that I think about it, it could be due to simplified stuff (where I had those enabled in 4d??? not sure)

I'm pretty sure that all of those missing items are due to your home civ not having them available.  Try a different civ.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 03, 2013, 01:29:15 am »

so... how does the diseases button affect the (modified) raws?  I mean, if it was programmed to disable/enable the non epidemic diseases, and I "fixed" the epidemic ones, is it going to skip tagging the epidemic diseases?

To be honest I haven't tested this. I believe the settings program just modifies the lines marked with `YESNEWDISEASE`, which if disabled would remove all the disease carrying creature variations.

So I'd expect the settings manager to still work. :)  Test reports are certainly welcome!

Quote from: Billy Jack
I was having some problems conducting Herbalism research (3 fails) and noticed that there is a missing ] on the 'drink container' reagent for the '[DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]'. I did correct it and had the reaction complete successfully, though I'm not sure if was the cause or just bad luck.

Nice spot! I've now fixed this in both unified and master.

Quote from: thistleknot
I just realized when Toady pushes the new v of DF, you're going to go nuts (while waiting for Meph's update).

Nope, I'll rejoice like I always do. change control superpowers make new releases much less scary than everyone thinks. :)

here's the patch I promised

Awesome! I hope to apply it in this tiny break between my students leaving and my clients realising that I've been left unattended. :)

I tried jumping ship to your uni branch, and this happened after 3 worldgen's...

Unfortunately I've seen that happen in regular Masterwork, and even in vanilla. I'm with Billy Jack here, sometimes civs are generated that don't have access to certain materials. I consider this an opportunity to enjoy a more challenging game. :)

~ T

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 03, 2013, 01:39:30 am »

here's the patch I promised

Applied and integrated into unified!  However...

Code: [Select]
+   ##If resisted, 30% chance immunity to all plagues (~40% of dwarf's passed resistance check with an ~average of 1000 disease_resistance, ending in a final 10% avg result)
+   [CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:PROB:25:START:0:END:3000]

Is that '30% chance' comment correct with 'PROB:25' in the tag? I'm an interaction noob, so maybe interaction probabilities work differently from what I'd expect. :)

~ T

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 03, 2013, 01:50:15 am »

nah, it should say 25%

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 03, 2013, 09:22:05 am »

I can't jump

http://imgur.com/p3Ld6x0

well... excluding the bronze anvils... that just makes sense as that was my mod.

Update:
now that I think about it, it could be due to simplified stuff (where I had those enabled in 4d??? not sure)

I'm pretty sure that all of those missing items are due to your home civ not having them available.  Try a different civ.

ill dbl check but i only had dwarfs set to playable this time.

teel. 25%. i initially set it to 30% but changed it to 25% i thought i fixed all my comments to 25%... thanks pman!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 09:25:11 am by thistleknot »

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 03, 2013, 12:25:07 pm »

There are multiple dwarven civilization (depends on map and history).  Hitting tab a couple of times during the embark screen will show a list of the available civs to be a member of.  Your membership is random each time you create a new embark on the map, so it may change each time.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 03, 2013, 06:46:07 pm »

Is the source code for the Masterwork Settings Panel available in this repository?

Those variables in the World Gen tab are just begging for a 'Randomize All' button. :P
Al mondo mal non e senza rimedio

Reach me via Bitmessage ~ BM-2DC7sWixk2iSKThdX9thhyrxWBeWRXUEv9

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 04, 2013, 01:37:55 am »

Is the source code for the Masterwork Settings Panel available in this repository?

Those variables in the World Gen tab are just begging for a 'Randomize All' button. :P

Yes!  They're not in the master branch simply so typical users don't have to deal with them. Instead they live on the settings branch, which is based off master (although it may lag behind master from time-to-time).

If you've already cloned the repo, you can just `git checkout settings` to have the source code appear. You can also clone splinterz' master branch, as he's the definitive maintainer of the settings code.  In any case, you'll find it in the Settings Source directory.

~ T

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 04, 2013, 02:15:15 am »

not sure what this means?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

wasn't getting that error with r3.

I'm hesitant (and haven't said so) about implementing dfhack updates until they push them due to weird issues, but maybe someone more knowledgeable can chime in on fixing the weirdness.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 04, 2013, 02:19:19 am »

unk_25 is no longer unknown; I don't quite remember exactly what it is now.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 04, 2013, 02:24:49 am »

unk_25 is no longer unknown; I don't quite remember exactly what it is now.

while I have no idea what that means, is there a way to fix it?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 04, 2013, 02:31:04 am »

Replace any instance of "unk_25" with "name", by the looks of it.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 04, 2013, 02:35:43 am »

it's not in the raws...

as is... I can't use showunitsyndromes to see who's "sick"

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 04, 2013, 02:36:02 am »

...It's a DFHack error.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 04, 2013, 02:40:34 am »

so it's an r4 error?  So I can't at this point in time (with the beta version of r4) see my "showunitsyndromes"? of all my dorfs?

(edit:) without recompiling source?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 39