Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 39

Author Topic: «*MASTERWORK-DF - Studded With Patches*» - Unofficial release  (Read 73287 times)

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: «☼MASTERWORK-DF - Studded With Patches☼» - Unofficial release
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2013, 03:30:31 am »

I never assured you that that particular itemsyndrome is r3 compatible; in fact, if you would have asked, I would have said that it's completely and utterly incompatible with r3 and would require a complete rewrite.

Wait... did I end up including the wrong itemsyndrome? I'm basing my inclusion on the discussion in this thread, which references this version.

If I've misinterpreted, then I apologise, and please let me know (and I'll move itemsyndrome over to the r4/unified branch).

~ T

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2013, 04:46:12 am »

The link I gave there was an earlier version, which you can see by the URL having a bunch of letters and numbers in it that aren't in the normal one.

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2013, 05:13:31 am »

The link I gave there was an earlier version, which you can see by the URL having a bunch of letters and numbers in it that aren't in the normal one.

That doesn't tell me if I included the wrong itemsyndrome or not. My master (DFHack r3) branch is using the itemsyndrome 320cd84, which was authored over a month ago, and which is stated by you to be safe with DFHack r3.

I'm assuming the latest itemsyndrome is 55bf53a, which I haven't touched.

Have I included the wrong itemsyndrome in my master (r3) branch? If so, which one should I be including?

~T

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2013, 05:15:35 am »

If it has "onInventoryChange", it's for r4. Your usage of the word "new" in the post I was replying to in the first place suggests that you were using that version in r3.

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2013, 05:25:49 am »

If it has "onInventoryChange", it's for r4. Your usage of the word "new" in the post I was replying to in the first place suggests that you were using that version in r3.

In this case 'new' was intended to mean 'newer than what's bundled with vanilla Masterwork'. ;)

And no, it doesn't mention onInventoryChange, so I believe we're good. ;)

Having said that, is there a new version of itemsyndrome that should be included with the r4 branch?

~ T

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2013, 05:26:20 am »

I already included it and it's already in your repo.

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2013, 05:34:55 am »

I already included it and it's already in your repo.

I'm not trying to be difficult here, but do you have a commit ID?  I can't see itemsyndrome.lua in any of the commits in the pull request, either by examining the commits manually, or looking at github's summary of changes. If a r4 script was sent, I'm not spotting it...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2013, 05:46:33 am »

...Apparently is was lost somewhere in the process. Hold on a sec.

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2013, 05:58:51 am »

...Apparently is was lost somewhere in the process. Hold on a sec.

Integrated! Thank you very much! :)

~ T

cephelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2013, 06:09:29 pm »

It doesn't appear your version has the mouse plugins available for dfhack r4. Intentional?

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2013, 03:46:24 am »

It doesn't appear your version has the mouse plugins available for dfhack r4. Intentional?

Nope! Any missing r4 plugins are unintentional, which is why r4 is still on the unified/experimental branch.

I don't actually use the mouse myself when playing; if you can tell me the plug-in names, I can go hunting them down. :)

~ T

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2013, 05:30:59 am »

Latest changes (against 4d)

I'll also put a changelog in the top-post of this thread for easy referral.

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2013, 05:35:48 am »

On that note, testing of the gun rebalance is appreciated. Pistols have a consistent maxvel of 25k, and muskets 50k. Previously they were functionally identically, but muskets couldn't be used with a shield.

I don't know if changing the maxvel and force values are sufficient to differentiate the two. I suspect bullets already move at or near dwarven-light-speed, so this may not change things at all. Alternatively, it could make muskets overpowered. So any feedback is definitely appreciated.

~ T

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2013, 10:49:24 am »

So, because I happen to be a total badass today, I just went and fixed a few thousand discrepancies between the masterwork raws and the individual tilesets. These included population frequencies and numbers, missing creature classes (especially good/evil tags), missing seeds for a number of plants, fixed templates, and the like.

Overall, these represent about 30% of the non-display discrepancies between tilesets. The other 70% I can't yet merge automatically because my code isn't that clever yet, but that's just a Simple Matter Of Code. :)

One of the nice things about this is that if we're able to detect and correct the differences between tilesets and the master files then we can have a degree of self-healing in the masterwork raws (if something gets changed in the master set but not the tilesets).

The changes are merged into the 'unified' downloads, and are also on the harmonize_raws branch for those using git.

~ T

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2013, 11:11:03 am »

Using the recommended "unified" download I get a pop-up when hitting Play from the settings window. Hitting ok to close it doesn't close DF or anything, and from what I can tell basically everything is working fine. The only thing I've noticed missing seems to be the DFhack search option for unit lists/etc, so I assume it's something with that.

The message from the pop-up is as follows.

Dwarf Fortress.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point ??0VMethodInterposeLinkBase@DFHack@@QAE@PAVvirtual_identity @1@HPAX1H@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library.SDL.dll.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 39