Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 39

Author Topic: «*MASTERWORK-DF - Studded With Patches*» - Unofficial release  (Read 73314 times)

ful

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: «*MASTERWORK-DF - Studded With Patches*» - Unofficial release
« Reply #465 on: January 20, 2014, 07:33:43 am »

I've tried playing a few forts now with 4g, beta and and alpha and I keep getting a crash I cant get past about a couple years into each. Don't know if anything is known about this?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #466 on: January 20, 2014, 07:40:46 am »

If you can upload the saves, that would be very helpful. Best a few seconds before it crashes. I can make tests then. Otherwise there is nothing I can do.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

ful

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: January 20, 2014, 10:12:37 am »

http://www.mediafire.com/download/z52s2rw56525t3t/region1-spr-85.zip

Even though I saved normally here, I can't actually unpause it now without crashing. Sorry if this isn't much use to you.

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: January 20, 2014, 10:29:07 pm »

Sorry if this has been answered before, but is anyone else having issues trying to make a world where the Caves are visible? The help files for the Kobolds say to start in a cave, and after a few attempts to try without one, I'd like to see if I can actually get things built if I have an "indoor" area for some of the buildings that need them (like offices and dining halls).

So far, if I try to create a world and set it up so that Caves should be made visible the map gets to "Forming Lakes and Minerals...", then eventually starts over again from the beginning. (Then again, I've never tried to make Caves visible before, so this might be a DF thing and not specific to this mod...)

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: January 21, 2014, 09:56:12 am »

Actually, after poking around a bit more, it seems that it won't let me generate a world at all... It keeps restarting, even if I don't go with advanced parameters.

Does anyone have a world that they wouldn't mind sharing? Preferably one that has Caves visible?

I had no problem at least creating a world in the non-patched Masterwork...

EDIT: As I remembered I'd tried the "Beta" download, I'm now getting Gold to see if I can create a world in that version.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 10:02:57 am by Chimerat »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #470 on: January 21, 2014, 10:11:48 am »

what worldgen are you using? and are you sure that you have at least one playable race active? (it restarts if you dont have any civs placed)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: January 21, 2014, 10:36:58 am »

what worldgen are you using? and are you sure that you have at least one playable race active? (it restarts if you dont have any civs placed)
I tried Large Region, Medium Region and Starters World. I only have "Cutebolds" as playable races.

I turned on Caves and turned off FPS in that loading program but otherwise left the settings as they were down downloaded.

Can confirm I'm having the same problems making a world with the Gold version.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #472 on: January 21, 2014, 10:50:51 am »

could you do me a favor? Could you go to raw/objects/entity_kobold_camp.txt, find [SKULKING], delete it, and try again?

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: January 21, 2014, 11:32:27 am »

could you do me a favor? Could you go to raw/objects/entity_kobold_camp.txt, find [SKULKING], delete it, and try again?
I deleted that line and tried to make another world, though I did notice something odd in the settings menu. It seems that not only were "Cutebolds" not set as "Playable (Fortress)" by default, but they do not appear to be "Active" by default either.

The first few (30+) attempts didn't work with Gold and that [SKULKING] deleted, so I redownloaded the Beta and tried to see if that "Active" toggle did anything.

When "Cutebolds" were activated the worldgen worked without touching the Skulking line. (At least so far as creating Legends, and then it crashed but I'm used to that from time to time with vanilla DF.)

Sorry for missing the obvious, folks, I'd gone in thinking that all the custom races were already set by default to be included in new worlds.  :-[

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #474 on: January 21, 2014, 11:44:57 am »

Wait. You tried to generate a world without any active civs? (only dwarves are active by default)

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: January 21, 2014, 11:54:17 am »

>_< Yes? I don't remember activating the Cutebolds with Masterwork before and they worked fine, but I think I went into the Entity files and ensured they were the only playable Civ that way instead of using the program to do the settings...

In any event, I'm in year 280+ for generation of this world, so it hopefully will get to whatever default year was set for the large region. Then I can play my little carnivores!

EDIT: Does anyone know what Caves look like with the "Masterwork - Phoebus" tileset? I'm looking for an Embark site, but I'm not seeing "boulders" which is what I found in a different thread.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 12:38:39 pm by Chimerat »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #476 on: January 21, 2014, 01:02:38 pm »

They look like boulders. Try Garden of Gaia, it should have plenty caves. The normal worldgens might not have any at all, or only 1 on the map.

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: January 21, 2014, 01:04:27 pm »

I would suggest reducing the default dates for all those maps... 1050 is not very reasonable in MW, it usually leads to many civs dying out...
If you want to have automatons, even 50 years are already a stretch

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: January 21, 2014, 02:21:59 pm »

They look like boulders. Try Garden of Gaia, it should have plenty caves. The normal worldgens might not have any at all, or only 1 on the map.
I do not see that option in the list under "Recommended". There are the "Island" and "Region" options (Large, Medium, Smallx2 and Pocket), as well as Starters World, Glacier, Plains, Diverse, Desert, Islands, Swamp, Mandelbrot, Geomagic and Gears of War.

I would suggest reducing the default dates for all those maps... 1050 is not very reasonable in MW, it usually leads to many civs dying out...
If you want to have automatons, even 50 years are already a stretch
Wow, yes. I actually wanted a short history, so I found that option and dropped it down to 5.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #479 on: January 21, 2014, 02:24:50 pm »

Diverse.

They have a title (Diverse) and a name (garden of gaia in that case), which is shown on the top left, next to the seed and all that.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 39