Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 39

Author Topic: «*MASTERWORK-DF - Studded With Patches*» - Unofficial release  (Read 73211 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: «☼MASTERWORK-DF - Studded With Patches☼» - Unofficial release
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2013, 09:03:46 am »

I'll have a look at Git when I'm back from my trip. January, I guess.

And Teellox, dont get me wrong. You are a great help (as is BillyJack), but its simply bad timing, because it will be obsolete in a few days. But once you do one like this for the next release, it will make a lot more sense. I'll be on the road for 4-6 weeks, so you got a lot more time to work on it, and the players have a lot more time to use it, before they have to redownload another version.

so all in all: Please, keep them coming. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2013, 09:44:37 am »

I'll have a look at Git when I'm back from my trip. January, I guess.

This definitely isn't intended as "let's convert Meph to git"; I definitely want to make any changes as easy-to-access as possible without git. But having said that, git has been life-changing for me, even with a long history of using change-management software. :)

And Teellox, dont get me wrong. You are a great help (as is BillyJack), but its simply bad timing, because it will be obsolete in a few days.

Oh no, not obsolete at all! That just means we get to rebase any outstanding patches/fixes/widgets off 4d, so everything will be more awesome in a few days! (And if everything gets integrated into 4d, that makes my life insanely easy when it comes to integration.)

so all in all: Please, keep them coming. :)

You are totally awesome! I'm looking forward to 4d! :D

<3 T

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2013, 10:42:43 pm »

DFHack r4 is integrated, thanks to Putnam! It's in the unified branch (and the unified patch zipfile, too).

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2013, 11:38:54 pm »

Don't forget that Toady is planning on releasing a new base version of DF later this month. When Meph gets back from his trip, he might be working on converting Masterwork to the new DF.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2013, 11:47:40 pm »

I can start that right now, actually.

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2013, 11:54:10 pm »

I can start that right now, actually.

You know what changes are needed for DF2013 compatibility? Huzzah for modders from the future! :D

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2013, 12:05:28 am »

Ain't no secret.

OMG! I love Justin Bieber too! I can see why you're excited! :D

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2013, 02:27:16 am »

Allow soap to be made from Hide Root oil.  plant_standard.txt

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2013, 08:03:54 pm »

I downloaded the unified version, but I noticed several bugs.

Dwarf attributes, only added to the currently used raw-set, not the tileset-raws in Masterworkdwarffortress folder. This means they are gone as soon as someone changes the tileset.

Same thing for the leather changes. For example creature_standart.txt has "   [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:FEATHERED][APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:FEATHERED]", while the creature_standard.txt in all the tileset versions only has "[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:FEATHERED]". Again, the changes will be overwritten as soon as a user changes the tileset, leading to errorlogs in this case. Same for creature_subterranean.txt and creature_birds.txt. These things exist 12 times, dont forget that. Its easiest to open all 12 sets, and save it as a session using notepad++. You open the session and the program automatically opens all 12 sets, this way you can do mass-replacements in all sets at the same time. (curiously enough, some changes, like the value of dwarven materials, are done to all sets.)

-[ATTACK:EDGE:90000:900000:strike:strikes:incredible stench given:15000]
 +[ATTACK:EDGE:90000:900000:strike:strikes:incredible strength given:15000]
This is not a typo, its supposed to be stench. Its the maul of grandfather nurgle, the great demon god of pestilence and rot. That guy:

Not sure about this, but isnt the autosyndrome of dfhack r4 triggered differently? r3 uses boiling rocks with under 9000temp, but I remember that expwnent said that his new version would trigger with keywords in the materials? Because adding dfhack r4 would break all autosyndrome things, as well as falconnes plugins.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2013, 08:50:14 pm »

It's just [SYN_CLASS:\AUTOSYNDROME], I'm pretty sure.

hotkeys and rendermax were the only plugins that stopped working when I upgraded.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2013, 10:01:24 pm »

So every boiling rock that I use simply needs a SYN_CLASS:\AUTOSYNDROME...

Didnt warmist have a rendermax for r4 already? I remember him saying that he wrote this downgraded version for r3, so people can have a look.

@Urist McTeellox: Ahhh... I wanted to do work on the next release based on this patched version (because it already includes many things I want to fix anyway), but got stuck up on comparing tileset-raws with each other, testing dfhack things with r4, then downloading the plump-helmet men, wokring on Flymes animated weapons, downloading Roses big fantasy mod and dissecting it... and now its 4o'clock in the morning already, and I have produced exactly nothing.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 10:06:28 pm by Meph »

cainiao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2013, 11:40:16 pm »

what is the difference of [INORGANIC:SKIN_EXOTIC_INORGANIC],[INORGANIC:SKIN_EXOTIC] and [INORGANIC:EXOTIC_SKIN]?

same with [INORGANIC:SKIN_RARE_INORGANIC],[INORGANIC:SKIN_RARE] and [INORGANIC:RARE_SKIN]
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 11:43:27 pm by cainiao »

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2013, 11:52:19 pm »

From what I can see, they are all unused materials and could be removed.

@MEPH
   BTW, if you don't get to incorporate all of these changes into the release you were hoping to do, then don't bother.  Get your new release out and we can apply our changes to it and test it with the other tilesets.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 11:55:49 pm by Billy Jack »
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2013, 11:55:34 pm »

I downloaded the unified version, but I noticed several bugs.

Yay! I love hearing about bugs!

Dwarf attributes, only added to the currently used raw-set, not the tileset-raws in Masterworkdwarffortress folder. This means they are gone as soon as someone changes the tileset.

Well, this is awkward. I have code that does this for me, but I forgot to turn off the 'dry-run' switch.

Dwarf attributes are now synced.

Same thing for the leather changes.

Looking into this now. Once I find the change that should be distributed, it should only take a minute to fix.

-[ATTACK:EDGE:90000:900000:strike:strikes:incredible stench given:15000]
 +[ATTACK:EDGE:90000:900000:strike:strikes:incredible strength given:15000]
This is not a typo, its supposed to be stench. Its the maul of grandfather nurgle, the great demon god of pestilence and rot. That guy:

Eeew! I'm *so* giving my dwarf a bath now! :)

Patch reverted.

Not sure about this, but isnt the autosyndrome of dfhack r4 triggered differently? r3 uses boiling rocks with under 9000temp, but I remember that expwnent said that his new version would trigger with keywords in the materials? Because adding dfhack r4 would break all autosyndrome things, as well as falconnes plugins.

Hand-balling to Putnam on this. :)

Give me a couple of minutes and you'll see new zips up. :)

~ T
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 39