Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 39

Author Topic: «*MASTERWORK-DF - Studded With Patches*» - Unofficial release  (Read 73318 times)

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: «☼MASTERWORK-DF - Studded With Patches☼» - Unofficial release
« Reply #105 on: November 25, 2013, 04:10:08 am »

So, it appears the tag in question is 'AUTO_SYNDROME' (note the underscore). I've updated the raws appropriately, tested them, and am delighted to say that stables (and I hope all other autosyndrome code) is once again operational!

The best part is that I was able to modify an existing save to get autosyndrome working again. cephelo, if you were to download any of the unified zipfiles and extract just the appropriate inorganic files into your save, you *should* be okay.  (Make backups first, if it breaks you get to keep both pieces).

Files that will need updating:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

For those following along in git, both the dfhack_r4 and unified branches contain the new fixes. Master, as always, only contains the boring stable stuff. ;)

~ T

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 25, 2013, 08:54:30 am »

Latest master and unified now have an updated settings program bundled with them, courtesy of Splinterz. :)

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 27, 2013, 02:19:47 am »

So .... I can ... I can clone the repository on git, and get Your's and Meph's incremental changes bit by bit, and I never have to deal with DFFD's slowness ever again? And i'll Never miss a version update ever again? And I can contribute to MW?

I <3 you. I <3 you so hard.

My desktop currently has 1,2,3,4,5 ...6 folders full of seperate masterwork versions, this will help immensely! :)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 03:01:32 am by DVNO »
Al mondo mal non e senza rimedio

Reach me via Bitmessage ~ BM-2DC7sWixk2iSKThdX9thhyrxWBeWRXUEv9

cephelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 27, 2013, 12:19:04 pm »

Not to mention that if you do want to download a full .zip, Github is ∞% faster than DFFD.

Plus, the Github guys are pretty damn awesome to hang out with.

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 27, 2013, 07:01:59 pm »

So .... I can ... I can clone the repository on git, and get Your's and Meph's incremental changes bit by bit, and I never have to deal with DFFD's slowness ever again? And i'll Never miss a version update ever again? And I can contribute to MW?

Yes! And especially yes-please on that last part. :)

The most important branches are 'upstream' (the official releases), 'master' (upstream + stable patches) and 'unified (master + more experimental patches). I'm really happy with all the bug reports on unified right now, since it means we're clearing out all the DFHack r4 bugs well in advance of an official release. :)

My desktop currently has 1,2,3,4,5 ...6 folders full of seperate masterwork versions, this will help immensely! :)

It actually feels weird to be playing my original fort which is not managed by git. I have a local 'play' branch for testing changes, and actually playing the game itself, which also has the benefit that if I'm going to patch my saves, I can commit them to git for safe-keeping first. :)

Plus, the Github guys are pretty damn awesome to hang out with.

Yeah, they are. :) Although normally I only get the chance to do that around conference season.

~ T

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #110 on: November 28, 2013, 11:56:45 am »

I'll just watch you guys from afar, ok? :P

EDIT> And this was just posted on reddit: http://dfstories.com/all-stories/ ... nice link, that makes a good entry for the journal :)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 04:31:45 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 29, 2013, 07:41:48 am »

Master and unified both have spore-tree saplings added to many tilesets. This should fix a bug with reactions involving spore-tree saplings that was reported on the dwarf issues thread.

I'm also thinking I should be moving my harmonization patch over into master, since it'll fix lots of these bugs (including what look like some missing seeds, incorrect grow durations, missing tags in creatures, and other bits and pieces). If anyone wants to freak-out over that idea, now's the time to do so, but I can't spot it introducing any new bugs into the tilesets. ;)

I'm also very much in favour of using Billy Jack's program, or rubble, or any other automated method to generate all the supplemental tile-sets, but I haven't had a proper chance to look into those recently. People keep trying to give me work, and that's getting in the way of me fixing bugs in masterwork. ;)

~ T

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 29, 2013, 08:05:50 am »

I'll just watch you guys from afar, ok? :P

And releasing new versions of masterwork. Don't forget to do that! ;)

EDIT> And this was just posted on reddit: http://dfstories.com/all-stories/ ... nice link, that makes a good entry for the journal :)

I'm confused. We have a journal?

In other news, both master and unified have splinterz' latest set of updates for the settings programme. (Also tested under wine 1.7.7)

~ T

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #113 on: November 29, 2013, 10:32:39 am »

Oh, sorry, I meant manual. ^^

incorrect grow durations
What does that mean? The GUI targets some of the grow durs directly, if they are changed, the GUI wont do anything anymore. This only affects the 'harder farming' button though. so which plants does this fix include?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 29, 2013, 11:43:56 am »

incorrect grow durations
What does that mean? The GUI targets some of the grow durs directly, if they are changed, the GUI wont do anything anymore. This only affects the 'harder farming' button though. so which plants does this fix include?

Currently on the harmonisation branch, for all tilesets except masterwork, phoebus, and obsidian soul:

* silphium - Add missing seeds
* philosophum - Add missing seeds
* norrium - Add missing seeds
* Devil mushrooms - Growdur changed from 600 to 4032
* Various: Use WOOD_TEMPLATE rather than SMOOTH_WOOD_TEMPLATE or FAIR_WOOD_TEMPLATE
* Fix populations on everything.
* Fix missing material and tissue templates
* Fix missing creature classes (eg: CREATURE_CLASS:GLACIER)
* Fix various missing castes (CASTE:MALE)
* Fix missing [SPECIAL] tags.
* Remove numerous grasses that were already gone in the masterwork tilesets
* Remove 'copper bearing rock' that was already gone in masterwork
* Add good/evil tags and appropriate force multipliers to various creatures which have it in masterwork
* etc etc

Pretty much if any non-display characteristic is different between the masterwork tilesets and any other tilesets, we make it work like masterwork. In fact, no changes exist which don't already exist in the masterwork tilesets. To answer your specific question, the only plant duration which is changed is for devil mushrooms. ;)

No display characteristics are changed.

I've noticed that Phoebus, Obsidian Soul, and the Masterwork ("first-class") tilesets are all pretty much in sync, and have minor (if any) discrepencies. However things like ASCII, CLA, Spacefox all contain various inconsistencies. Luckily they're all inconsistent in the same way, and these patches fix that.

It also looks like the way in which warpstone sickness is done is different in the 'first class' tilesets versus the rest. In particular, the non-first-class tilesets seem to be missing the YESWARP tags that the settings program would use (in inorganic_zwarpstone.txt). This is something I haven't fixed yet.

All the harmonisation work has also been applied to unified, but if you like you can download the harmonised branch directly, which is 4e + updated settings + spore tree fixes + spacefox display fixes + oodles of tileset bugfixes.

While not the nicest way of seeing the changes, I've upload a diff showing the changes in the ASCII tilesets. Lines starting with a minus have been removed, those with a plus have been added. Lines starting with '@@' indicate file positions (and a 'function name' which is essentially junk).

~ T

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 29, 2013, 12:01:32 pm »

fyi
i think i adequetly nerfed diseases. ill try and upload it tonight but i dont know if meph will like the changes.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 29, 2013, 06:13:21 pm »

Are silphium, philosophum and norrium supposed to have seeds? Being the special trade plants.

Also, not sure if this is unified only, or something that shows up in the official as well. But I noticed the reactions for turning a dwarf into a vampire, or curing them, aren't in the Dwarf entity file. Just checking to see if that was intentional. I had been thinking of trying to create a Vamp fort of sorts, so checked the reactions out.

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 29, 2013, 07:23:16 pm »

Are silphium, philosophum and norrium supposed to have seeds? Being the special trade plants.

I'm not able to answer such philosophical questions as how things should be. ;) Instead, my goal is to ensure that bugs and features are consistent across all tile-sets. Since seeds for these plants exist in the masterwork tile-sets, they've also been added to the others. (And if they were removed from masterwork, they'd be removed from the others using the same harmonization code.)

Also, not sure if this is unified only, or something that shows up in the official as well. But I noticed the reactions for turning a dwarf into a vampire, or curing them, aren't in the Dwarf entity file. Just checking to see if that was intentional. I had been thinking of trying to create a Vamp fort of sorts, so checked the reactions out.

You're right! The `DWARF_VAMPIRES` reaction (and presumably others) doesn't seem to be enabled. That's not been introduced in SWP, though, as it's also in upstream (4e). (And if you send me a patch or pull request which provides a fix, then I'll apply it.  ;) )

~ T

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 30, 2013, 02:19:05 am »

Error I got in DFHack when adding to the masons guild (thanks for fixing that btw, I couldn't play while not able to stick my miners into the guild)

\WORKER_ONLY is not a recognized command.
...ess-unified\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/itemsyndrome.lua:32: attempt to index
 local 'material' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
        ...ess-unified\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/itemsyndrome.lua:32: in funct
ion 'getMaterial'
        ...ess-unified\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/itemsyndrome.lua:272: in func
tion 'checkAndAddSyndrome'
        ...ess-unified\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/itemsyndrome.lua:307: in func
tion <...ess-unified\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/itemsyndrome.lua:306>
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 30, 2013, 02:30:29 am »

Dammit, why does that keep happening?

Released an updated version on the gist.

\WORKER_ONLY is due to some new autosyndrome syntax issue, if I had to guess.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 39