Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Reclaimers - A Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawling RTD  (Read 7265 times)

CubeJackal

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
Re: Reclaimers - A Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawling RTD
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2013, 03:40:34 pm »

Turn Four: The Calm

Oz, the only member of the group so far to have made adequate use of his spacesuit's innate abilities, illuminates the corridor while the rest of the team advance in his stead. Edgrick stays behind him due to his propensity for sticking to the shadows. Scion, having previously gotten ahead of the group proper, skitters southwards and peers through the window at the rear of the corridor. Anjuum, hanging behind in the airlock, continues to tap at his scanscreen while his scanbot acts as his eyes and ears. At the Nomad's command, the small probe disables its default night vision setting and begins scanning the immediate area for abnormal thermal or chemical readings - immediately, the scanscreen begins to fill with data as the small robot is very nearly overloaded by the cascade of positive readings it takes in (10). Electrical energy scans indicate that this area of the ship is running on the least power possible, with only life support and airlock power still running. The room behind the blast doors is filled with mundane gaseous chemical readings, potentially indicating a leak of some sort, while the rest of the general area appears ordinary - save for a small, moving thermal reading in the area adjoining the door near Scion and an unidentified source of radio interference some distance past the set of doors to the north. Alex, meanwhile, peers around the room for anything useful to pick up. Nothing notable catches his eye at all (2) and when he tugs on his lifeline to check that it's secure, he soon reels in half of a snapped tube (1). It would appear that the transport shuttle's airlocks weren't quite designed to permit solid matter like that.

Spoiler: Map of Surroundings (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Squad Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 03:42:18 pm by CubeJackal »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2013, 04:17:00 pm »

Looks like we have three options: The doors to the north, the door to the east, and the windows to the south. It sounds like the north has a good likelihood of having stuff in it. I suggest we try that way first, unless you guys are curious about that thermal image behind the east door.
((I regret not bringing a crowbar, screwdriver, and multitool.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2013, 04:59:11 pm »

Scion listened intently to the bot's stream of information.

"Considering those look a lot like airlocks, I'd rather not chance that we all be ejected into the void so soon. Would you instead do the honors and unlock this door here to the east? We've got thermals, so we obviously have a live contact. If he's unarmed, capture if possible. If armed, you're free to take it down. Try not to use sparks or lasers once we upon this, because I'm not sure if the gas from those blast doors is in that room also, and if any of yeh had the smarts to take a chemistry class, sparks don't mix with unknown gases. Punches and kicks are welcome.

Let's do this. You're up, Arcanus. Rest of you cover the south, north, and this door."

Let Arcanus open the door, and enter and incapacitate the moving thermal object.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2013, 05:06:15 pm »

Alex ready's his gun in preperation for combat.I got this. If he's a threat, in second he'll be a dead threat Prepare to fire

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2013, 05:20:16 pm »

"Mm. Did you not hear what I just said? 'Til it's clear, don't fire lazers or sparks. Knives and fists until our little bot friend here says there's no gas in the next room."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2013, 05:30:09 pm »

RPEG floated back to Anjum, nesting in the recharging creche located on the Nomads belt.

"It's a very diminutive reading. Anjuum speculates a species of vermin. Is there a standing bounty on rescuing survivors?" He says, readying his blade all the same.

Action: Recall my Dronebot and ready my knife if we have to fight
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2013, 07:06:01 pm »

"It's a very diminutive reading. Anjuum speculates a species of vermin. Is there a standing bounty on rescuing survivors?"
"Can't imagine so, except for whatever they or their families might want to give us, of course.
Oh, and then there's also the whole 'warm and fuzzy' feeling you're supposed to get from saving someone's life. But that's not quite as nice as cash."

Wilson stands by the door, holding Angie up in a fine position for bludgeoning whatever may happen to be on the other side of it.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2013, 08:21:33 pm »

We are on a space ship. Every door is an airlock. There are three of them side by side. It's probably doors into engineering. Engineering means profit. I doubt a mouse will net us much.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2013, 08:28:03 pm »

Scion glared at Arcanus.

"Yeh, well there are some pretty nasty creatures in this part of the galaxy. First we make sure we're safe, then you can hoard all the goodies you want."

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2013, 08:38:03 pm »

Oh no guns? Never mind then. I'll still be on guard Ready knife if threat

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2013, 08:52:08 pm »

Wilson sighs, turning his head to Scion.
"Y'know, you could give us the respect we're due. Far as I know, no one other than you had any say in whether you're the leader or not.
Mind you, I don't care much if you wanna play that whole 'badass' leader role, just try not to go too overboard with it."

Wilson pauses, then chuckles slightly.
"Anyways, I will say there is some wisdom in wanting to loot in peace. All I'm saying is that everything goes just a tad easier when all the cogs in this little posse go marching to the same rhythm. Wait, I may have confused a phrase or two there..."
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2013, 09:18:52 pm »

Scion paused for a moment. She had a hard time, but she looked at Wilson and said, "Right."
It was all she could manage. You couldn't see it unless you were being very observant, but she was shaking ever so slightly. "R-right."
She couldn't meet anyone's eyes for long. She just stared at the door and motioned for Arcanus to unlock the door.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2013, 12:28:29 am »

Attempt to unlock and open the door. ((do I have a standard set of technician tools?))

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2013, 04:02:42 am »

Stand behind whoever's at the back, and twinlasercutter any hostile in the face if they get within melee range of me, gases be damned.

CubeJackal

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2013, 03:23:20 pm »

Turn Five: The Little(?) Insect Who Could

Anjuum clasps his drone in his hand and the team falls silent as Oz sets to work on jacking the door open. It responds readily to his tampering and shudders open (6) and the light emanating from the technician's headpiece lights up the cramped corridor ahead. The sole occupant and owner of the recent thermal signature recoils from the sudden illumination and is revealed to be an asteroid beetle - an insectoid the size of a large dog that can survive for long periods of time in total vacuum. It skitters forth with surprising speed and lunges for Oz, who deftly sidesteps (8) and causes the beast to careen into Scion, who is caught off-guard and receives a nasty chomp from the beast's mandibles that falls just short of piercing her suit (1 vs 9). Alex is the first to respond to the threat and sets upon the fiend with his knife while it's distracted, but his knife glances off the beetle's thick chitin and it takes the chance to counterstrike, nipping him quite badly on the forearm and tearing his suit (1 vs 10) - he's fortunate that the corridor is fully pressurised. Edgrick takes his chance, diving on the beast with both of his cutters bared and finally manages to deal some damage, slicing off one of its legs and breaking another with his skilled slices (9 vs 4). Third to take a stab is Wilson, who swings widely but clashes with the insect's mandibles, only succeeding in chipping them superficially (5 vs 5). Anjuum finally gets a chance to strike and drives his knife into the creature's back while it's distracted, eliciting a dying screech and a few spurts of ichor (6-1 vs 2). He unceremoniously tears his knife from the dead animal's back and stands up, taking a few deep breaths.

Spoiler: Map of Surroundings (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Squad Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 03:32:36 pm by CubeJackal »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7