Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Reclaimers - A Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawling RTD  (Read 7267 times)

CubeJackal

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
Re: Reclaimers - A Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawling RTD
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2013, 01:28:58 pm »

Question: How many speed reloadees am I allowed to take, since they are basically a mini item? Also, how large of a box of fruit loops can I take, in terms of like oz. or something?
A single box of typical cereal is about 12oz according to my research, so a standard box works just fine. As for the clips, take as many as you figure you'll need, but note that I might adjust the amount of them that you're liable to find as loot depending on how many you pack at the start.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2013, 01:32:12 pm »

I think these three speedloaders are fine for starting. And a box of fruit loops for the deliciousness.

CubeJackal

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2013, 02:11:38 pm »

Turn One: Beginning of the Beginning

"Wake up, you lazy space cowboys!" bellows a voice over the transport shuttle's intercom system. "Your shuttle's docked! Don't want any of you missing your stop, y'hear?" Recognising the voice of their supervisor, Ellen Trant, each member of the team releases themselves from their respective statis pods with varying degrees of haste. They duly begin floating - the tiny transport shuttle is too small to accommodate a gravity generator. Suits are donned and backpacks filled while the sextet of scavengers listen wordlessly to the details of their latest assignment. "Sensors picked up a hulk that looks like it was, ah... 'liberated of ownership' not too long ago, so we're figurin' that it's still full of stuff to claim. Personal belongings are in your bunks back here on the shop, as always, 'cept for the stuff you chose to take along. Anythin' else you need should be provided in the shuttle. Don't lose any of that, y'hear? Medpacks don't grow on trees since the meditrees of Gamma-5 went extinct. Oh, and don't let the air out of the shuttle this time!"

A loud beep indicates the end of the transmission as the group finish readying themselves for their mission. As always, precious little intel had been provided - Ellen certainly wasn't an exemplary sensor operator. All that could be gleaned was that there was an abandoned spaceship waiting to be plucked clean on the other side of one of those airlocks. Pushing themselves (and each other) around in the zero-G environment, the team arrange themselves in a cramped circle. Edgrick the Ready, Anjum Tolt'taar, Scion Veneras, Wilson Green, Oz Arcanus and Alex Shater regard each other with however many eyes each one of them happens to have. Now would be an opportune time to formulate a plan of some sort and elect certain people to certain roles... of course, you could say 'balls' to all that and charge to your sure-to-be glory already. What'll it be, space cadets?

Spoiler: Map of Surroundings (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Squad Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 11:13:55 am by CubeJackal »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2013, 02:26:24 pm »

Anjumm blinked a few times, rising from his sleep-module. Humans called it a 'coffin', and preferred actual beds instead, but Nomads were made of sterner stuff-every inch of space on their vessels was put to use, with no waste. In contrast, their wide and bulky ships with such generous arm room were...actually sort of nice...

Why did humans make their ships so bright, he wondered, moving over to his safesuit and donning it quickly. It was certainly easier to see...even in his own clean room (clean by human standards) he felt paranoid without his suit on.

What was the common cold, after all, when it was fatal to you in 78.6 circumstances?

The locking of his atmosphere seals greatly calmed his nerves.

When waiting in the airlock, Anjuum's mechanical voice droned on. His actual drone hovered by his side, it's green 'eye' indicating passive hovering mode.

"Anjuum speculates a proclivity for heavy gravitation damage in the vessel, which will require un-humanlike reflexes in zero gravity conditions and technological expertise surpassing pro-strand simian mental capabilities, for maximum rate of success. Appeal to logic-Anjuum should be leader. Offer counter arguments/Concede superiority/Violent conclusion?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2013, 02:38:08 pm »

Scion checked her revolver, which was loaded and ready for battle. She chucked a fruit loop into her mouth, and got ready for release.
"I'm gonna be forward point of this team. I'll go up and clear the area first, and the rest of you can pick up what ya need. Any contacts are to either be killed or rounded up and brung to me, so I may subject them to.... psychological 'therapy.' You can keep any junk the contacts drop, I've no use for that rubbish. Any questions?"

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2013, 02:40:18 pm »

Edgrick is, of course, ready. He leaps out of his capsule like a slow motion diseased salmon, panicking intensely as he sees the floor come slowly to meet him. He floats down and lays there, face down, until one of the others' brusque movements fortuitously turns him into a more sociable position.

"Crikey mate."

He looks a round a little, more than a little disorientated.

"Or, uh, mates. Are you space cowboys? I'm not. I'm a... Well. I used to enjoy dressing up as an ancient Viking. I..."

Another brusque movement rotates him 360 degrees until he comes slowly back to a position from which he can unleash the full blast of his eloquence.

"How about we just go in there - " As he looks around his companions, the blue one speaks. " - And er..."

Now that the blue one has spoken, suggesting just going in there and cutting some stuff up seems, even to Edgrick, not necessarily the best course of action.

As he ponders this, the green one speaks.

"Eh?"

CubeJackal

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2013, 02:42:18 pm »

((Feel free to chat and plan all you want before taking an action. Just post something in bold when you're ready to move!))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2013, 02:44:28 pm »

Scion stared at Edgrick.
"What are yeh, daft? I just gave you basic guidlines. Go in, steal anything shiny. Kill or capture. We'll regroup at whatever exit we come from. Got it?"
She spared no look towards Anjuum. She spun her revolver using her index finger.
"I been through more ships than you could hope to fathom. Y'know what, if yeh think you're so clever, you can handle any stolen technology. Use it to create somethin' nice for us, will yeh, love?"
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 02:51:56 pm by DarkArtemisFowl »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2013, 02:55:22 pm »

Anjuum turned his featureless helmet toward Scion slightly.

"Anjuum concludes that is a sound strategy, if lacking in comprehension and depth. Previous disregard for assignment of command structure is considered forfeiture of argument.

Anjuum is also trained in nomad-gravity combat and will accompany you in a team-based manner. Hostile contacts will likely be at low threshold of combat effectiveness and easy to dispatch with our numerical/mental superiority. Anjuum is mental, you are numerical."

" - And er..."

As he ponders this, the green one speaks.

"Eh?"

"Anjuum has concluded you should stay behind your team-fam, until which point your obnoxiously inefficient laser cutter device may be best put to use.

Query Humanoid, do you have a calling or designation number you prefer in a social sense? Or should Anjuum just call you 'Holthohokar'? Which I assure you, is quite a amusing nomenclature for a humanoid being in my native linguistics."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2013, 03:00:15 pm »

"What are yeh, daft?"

Edgrick stared with his ears.

"Violent conclusion?"

For some reason words he could only just understand echoed in Edgrick's mind.

"Violent conclusion?"

He stared at the green one.

"Violent conclusion?"

But then the blue one started talking, diffusing the nascent situation.

"Favourite number? Er. Seven?"

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2013, 03:07:30 pm »

Scion marched up to Edgrick and smacked him with her free hand.

"STEAL. SHINY. STUFF. FROM. THE SHIP. CAN- YOU- COMPREHEND- THAT?"

"Anyone else?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2013, 03:11:53 pm »

"Anjuum completely approves of the forward application of martial discipline on the 'Holthohokar'. That is what you human-beings called 'lolhim is being owned', I believe.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2013, 03:17:36 pm »

Wilson lets a nice long yawn soon after being let loose from the capsule, then glances about absentmindedly, contemplating the situation in the room.
He gives a small grin to the two on his right. "...Good morning. And how are we all doing on this fine... uh, let's call it day?"
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2013, 03:26:10 pm »

Scion turns to the newcomer.
"Just... fine. Once we get this all settled, I will repeat my guidelines for this mission."
She waits for everyong to get all settled and readied.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2013, 03:26:55 pm »

Wilson lets a nice long yawn soon after being let loose from the capsule, then glances about absentmindedly, contemplating the situation in the room.
He gives a small grin to the two on his right. "...Good morning. And how are we all doing on this fine... uh, let's call it day?"

"Anjuum is quite well rested for this solar cycle. He is in shock and awe of your basic social abilities, of which our team seems to have a deficiency of."

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7