Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: The Order (RPG 4/4): Updating sporadically due to PLANS (not this game related)  (Read 5496 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: The Order (RPG 0/?)
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2013, 03:33:01 pm »

((All items can be discarded at a later date - and the recharge is effectively the reload rate there.
Imagine it as a mag of 10 with a reload cost of 5 AP

As for the SMG, bear in mind that armour is deducted on every roll. if they consistently roll > 4, you deal nothing, whereas a shotgun still has a chance. ))
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2013, 03:53:46 pm »

((All items can be discarded at a later date - and the recharge is effectively the reload rate there.
Imagine it as a mag of 10 with a reload cost of 5 AP

As for the SMG, bear in mind that armour is deducted on every roll. if they consistently roll > 4, you deal nothing, whereas a shotgun still has a chance. ))

True, but that's why I have the RPG. Also for Patrick if he annoys me too much. Just joking there, Patrick. or am i

Is the shield automatically considered part of the armour or must it be deployed?

Could I put a dagger or blade in my general inventory?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2013, 04:00:12 pm »

((Anything with an Armour value in the normal format is considered to be on all the time it is equipped.

And yes, you can. I just want to avoid people filling up with every possible option. ))
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2013, 04:04:50 pm »

(( Can we target weak spots on armor to hurt enemies? Like joints and neck so even with a weapon that can't normally breach armor it can still hurt them? ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2013, 04:08:04 pm »

(( Not without upgrades. But as defense is rolled, there is usually some chance you can cause damage anyway. ))

Sigtext

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2013, 04:09:18 pm »

Bad for me then lol my highest damage is only 5 so I'm boned against heavy armor.

Ahh well I'll just play mook masher and leave the tough guys to them.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 04:11:12 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2013, 04:24:01 pm »

I plan to combine the dagger/sword and the smg pretty immediately, see if I can get a bayonet.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2013, 04:33:41 pm »

Clair kited herself in heavy armour and grabbed a large lump of iron in the shape of a sword. A moment later she got a pistol and shield

Active weapon 1 [Magical] -Pistol
Active weapon 2 [Magical] -Shield
Stowed weapon 1 [Magical] -Large blade
Stowed weapon 2 [Magical] -
Armour [Magical] -Heavy Armour
Utility 1 [Magical] -Barrier
Utility 2 [Magical] -Exo-gauntlets
Utility 3 [Magical] -Lightning bomb
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2013, 04:42:15 pm »

I plan to combine the dagger/sword and the smg pretty immediately, see if I can get a bayonet.
(( Sorry, but one of the items for combining has to be a utility. Bayonets could be gained by upgrades however with some luck.
Also, bear in mind that to make a lvl 1 from 2 lvl 1 items has a 5% success chance - still only 15% in base. ))

Sigtext

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2013, 04:45:49 pm »

In that case, nevermind.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2013, 04:58:57 pm »

On the plus side, I'm the only one here with affinity for Order and for Chaos :).
Caine's law.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2013, 05:03:10 pm »

On the plus side, I'm the only one here with affinity for Order and for Chaos :).
((Actually, Order is your null element, meaning you can't use even the passives of order gear. Sorry :/

Also, to note: daggers and shields (the materials) are in no way connected to the items, and naming them the same was stupid by me. they are now called knives and crests. ))
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 05:05:09 pm by sjm9876 »

Sigtext

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2013, 05:07:11 pm »

The Master nods at you choices. ‘That will do. Come now.’ He leads you back into the previous room, and opens another door - you could have sworn it wasn’t there before. the room beyond is arranged around a circular forge, where a red bearded, stout figure works. He wears tinted goggles, and only looks up when the breeze from the open doorway throws an ember into the mass of hair.
 ‘Close the bloody door. I didn’t come to this plane just to have bloody air mess up me work.’ He lifts his goggles, and squints at you. ‘Well, if it isn’t the new trainees. They got their gear?’
 The Master nods. ‘This is Urist. A dwarf. He volunteered to help us keep others like him out of our plane.’
 The dwarf mutters. ‘Wouldn’t let me get on with me bloody work ya’ see? but anyway, take a look at the walls.’ He waves at the shelves behind him, where all manner of peculiarities sit. ‘We got ya cogs, your powders, your crystals, even ya knives and crests. And course, there’re grindstones, for those of ya who just like to keep things simple. And, if ya look here -’ He reaches under the forge, and pulls out a chest. ‘ - we got ya elemental crystals. Chaos, order, water, fire, air, and earth.’ He sniffs one of the earth crystals, a blissful look crossing his face. Noticing your look, he grins. ‘Smells like home lad. It’s right off the plane.’
 ‘Now here’s the deal. Ya can have five of your standard upgrading components off the shelf, but that’s all I can spare. As for crystals - one each. I catch ya taking more, and yer in for it. Then , decide what yer wanting to upgrade and i’ll run you through it. I may give ya a demo of combining gear, and then if you really want ta try yer hand at it ya can, though I don’t recommend it.’

((So you get 5 upgrading materials of your choice, mix and match as you like, plus one elemental crystal. you can use them on what you like, in whatever combination you like. For each level gained, you propose 2 ability upgrades and 3 stat upgrades, and I’ll moderate them and return the list from which you can choose 1 upgrade.
 Remember that using an upgrade material on an item will add that material’s keyword if it wasn’t already present, and that it takes the current level in a single type of material to raise the level.
 For the elemental crystals, you propose 3 passives and 3 actives, and the process is otherwise the same. I’d advise going for your affinity element, because then you can actually use all the abilities.
 Feel free to ask any questions, because I appreciate it isn’t simple.))

Sigtext

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2013, 05:10:50 pm »

((Actually, Order is your null element, meaning you can't use even the passives of order gear. Sorry :/

Also, to note: daggers and shields (the materials) are in no way connected to the items, and naming them the same was stupid by me. they are now called knives and crests. ))

I did think that might get confusing.

---

Ok, I must admit I've vaguely confused.

So I can take 5 in total of a mix of cogs, powders, and crystals. And for my elemental crystal I'll take air.

As an example:

Using my elemental crystal on my, armour, I'd suggest three active abilities:
1 ) Flight: On wings of wind, the user can temporaily fly.
2) Invisibilty: The user becomes as clear as air
3) Gale burst: A burst of wind centred on the user knock back and deal damage to those around in a 3x3 square, centred on the user.

And three passives:
1) Zephyr's blessing (I): The air currents have a habit of blowing enemy bullets away from vital impacts, effectively increasing the armour class
2) Air-light limbs: extra AP.
3) Zephyr's blessing (II): The air currents tend to steer rounds just a little more towards vital areas on enemies. Max damage (Or minimum damage?) Is increased.

Would something liek that be acceptable?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 05:32:10 pm by GiglameshDespair »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2013, 05:18:06 pm »

4 crystals and one crest plus a water crystal

1 crystal to the Large blade and Pistol.
1 crystal then 1 crystal and crest to the heavy armour.
Then water crystal the armour
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10