Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: The Order (RPG 4/4): Updating sporadically due to PLANS (not this game related)  (Read 5488 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile

The date is 1967. The place, Newark Asylum. From the distant city comes the chopping of propellers and the crackling of embers as aircabs lift the inhabitants beyond the reach of the flames. One passes outside of the window of your cell, a magical orb of an engine topped with a rotor, the gondola hanging underneath it furnished with instruments and rudders to guide the vehicle. From your prison, you are safe however. The fire is none of your concern, threatening only those who mocked you and imprisoned you. There are others out there who are much kinder. They found you, and taught you. They confirmed your fears, and your dreams. Everything you thought you had seen, felt, or heard was real. And it was coming for you.
 A guard comes to your door now. A key rattles in the lock and you blink as the stark lights from the corridor hit your eyes. You grin at the figure who stands besides him. The Master they call him. The head of the Order, defender of Newark. King of the Asylum. If he was here, then the fires were more than a mere accident. A gate to the planes was open. He leads you down the corridor to an elevator, which rattles as it moves deep underground, and eventually ends in a circular room. Here he leaves you, whilst he gathers more inmates. When four of you are present, he brings in a small cube, and pressing the switch on it’s lid, it projects a flickering image onto the screen before you. A seal, a circle of 6 orbs surrounding a silver shield. The top orb is golden, the next white; blue; black; brown; and red. then the Master begins to speak, the sigil as the backdrop.
 ‘You have all seen the flames from your cells, I am sure. Then you know why you have been released. A gate to the plane of fire is open in the city, and we have decided it will be your task to close it. Remember your training. Are there any questions?’

Spoiler: Character Creation (click to show/hide)

This is to be a RPG, with ? players, inspired partly by the upcoming game The Order, and partly by my completely lost motivation with NaNo.
The world is a steampunk era, but run through with magic, and under constant threat from things not of our dimension.
The game will feature a battle grid, because it will help :D
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 03:19:02 pm by sjm9876 »
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Order (RPG 0/?)
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 02:01:33 pm »

Do we have to illustrate ourselves or will that be just you?
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 02:03:36 pm »

The illustration will be very basic battle grid, with more work put in perhaps if this kicks off. I should probably change that in the OP as it's rather misleading.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 02:06:07 pm »

AAhhhh ok.

In that case.

Name : ( Yes you guessed it. ) Harvey Sam Bekter.
Option 1 : F
Option 2 : D
Option 3 : A

(( What combat skills and weapons does the thief and guard begin with? I might swap to thief depending on what he gets. ))
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 02:08:12 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 02:11:49 pm »

Name: Edward Dutch
1. >A)
2. >F)
3. >E)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 02:19:03 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2013, 02:13:20 pm »

((Guard represents a more up front, tanky play style, whilst thief emphasises stealth, ranged attacks, and general more trickery based combat. For example, a guard may start with a Bastion (depending on other choices) - an impervious short duration shield - whilst a thief could start with a short range teleportation ability or invisibility.))

Sigtext

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2013, 02:14:26 pm »

Name: Edward Dutch
1. >A)
2. >F)
3. >F)
Choice 2 & 3 cannot be the same, sorry :/ May underline that in OP, make it clearer.

Sigtext

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2013, 02:18:37 pm »

(( Ahhh nice, can a thief also dual wield light weapons like daggers or swords? I have a couple of ideas for this if he can be melee and ranged. ))
Caine's law.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2013, 02:21:05 pm »

(( Ahhh nice, can a thief also dual wield light weapons like daggers or swords? I have a couple of ideas for this if he can be melee and ranged. ))
((I think I see where you're going, and yes ;) ))

Sigtext

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2013, 02:23:22 pm »

Then I'm going thief, I doubt your seeing it actually. Ever watched sanctuary?
Caine's law.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2013, 02:24:27 pm »

Then I'm trading to thief, I doubt your seeing it actually. Ever watched sanctuary?
(( Nope. But in that case don't ruin the surprise :P ))

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2013, 02:25:22 pm »

((I hope I get more than a wrench :P ))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2013, 02:26:12 pm »

(( Shame, it was a good show but short version. I'm making jack the ripper, except with hair. Do we get to choose our starting kit or do you? ))
Caine's law.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2013, 02:28:30 pm »

(( Shame, it was a good show but short version. I'm making jack the ripper, except with hair. Do we get to choose our starting kit or do you? ))
(( I'll give you a range of items from which you are free to choose. ))

Sigtext

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2013, 02:29:30 pm »

Sweet, I have my character all laid out in my head.
Caine's law.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10