Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: The adventurers of Kelvin and Harvey a darklands stye adventure 4/6.  (Read 3406 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The adventurers of Kelvin and Harvey a darklands stye adventure 4/6.
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2013, 09:16:25 pm »

I was planing on a hero based system, you where to be sneaking in to castles to spy on war machines being made, to rescue people from bandits and so on.
So im going to work out some unit level fight rules before you get any large number of troops.

Vlad is short of people he can trust, most of the locals have loyalty's to other rulers, that is the reason he many get shot at command.
If that party gets any troops they will likely be local levies or mercs that you have to find the funds to pay for them.

(just hint but you are signed up as mercenary for Vlad the Impaler, he is basically Dracula, so i have to throw in some vampires some where and no the vampire is not Vlad.)   
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2013, 09:25:00 pm »

(( If I can make a suggestion, both sides will be using mercenaries and mercenaries are loyal to gold. The enemy was hit from both flanks and front so would have broken pretty quickly so we likely have a lot of prisoners.

The lords reward could be to allow me to pick men from the prisoners to make my own company out of, mercenaries in the enemy army will have no problem serving under me because it's a choice between making money doing what they're paid for. Or likely execution or slavery. It also means I take no men from either lord and they have no reason to dislike me because I saved them. It would also be a pretty common tactic in this era, when mercenaries were captured it was common for them to just switch sides since they don't care who they fight for as long as they have a chance of victory and make some money.
Our allies are also clearly outnumbered in this war so letting me form a company and hiring me as it's leader is a good way to bolster numbers, get some experienced men and get somebody loyal to them since I owe them for helping me make the company.

Solves every problem. They can be paid by allowing them a portion of loot from each battle they take place in as well and since we just won a battle there'd be plenty of money laying around for us to take from the enemies camp, more then enough to pay the initial wages.

If thats ok with you Funk I'll go back and edit my action, you want unit level right? What kind of unit? I'd guess maybe a platoon at most so enough to be useful but not to big so 20-40 men? I can pick good mercs to let us keep with your idea of us being the elite and still get my force then expand it as we get more famous. ))
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 09:34:08 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2013, 10:01:40 pm »

you can edit your action, im still think what happen next probably some party level stuff.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2013, 10:03:42 pm »

(( Edited.

How many men can I take? You wanted unit level but thats a little vague. To me a mercenary unit would be 100+ men minimum but it might mean something totally different to you. ))
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 10:20:18 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2013, 02:05:00 pm »

"KARL Ludwig come here you MAGGOT, What kind of fool do you take me for! YOUR cowardice in command has let them escape! you are a fool and a moron..."Vlad roars as he approaches your lines followed by a solitary horseman in a suit of plate armour,blacker as the darkest night of winter with an elaborate brass trim glinting like frozen sunlight the darkness.

Ignoring the brewing row between Vlad and Karl, you all head out to loot and scavenge from the battle field.

Croweheart finds a turkish lancer, his face smashed in by a bullet, he trys to speak apron seeing his aproch but only manges to spit out a little blood as he try to form words with a fist size chunk of jaw missing.
Croweheart puts him out of his misery with a quick dagger trust, taking his back and breast for his own.

Harvey scrabbles about and manages to find $ 100 in coin from the body's.
Kelvin and Otto manage smash open a strong box and each pocket rings and jewellery worth $300 before the other spot them and a scrum erupts over it.

As day light brakes,Harvey approaches Vlads tent, to ask of him about his task.
After Harvey is disarmed by vlad titanic body guard, he is lead before Vlad.
"You promised me a reward if I lived and I'm still here, a lot of men aren't because of my blades. Now I've come for you to keep your word and I have a request." Harvey speaks, unsure how his request will be taken.

"Well lets us hear your request then" Vlad replies, as the red haired lady pass him a silver goblet.

"We're clearly in a war where our enemy has us vastly outnumbered. We need more men and on that matter I have an idea,  if Karl would release my contract I'd like for you to to hire me as a mercenary company working for you. We took many prisoners amongst them veteran mercenaries, they have no loyalty to the enemy and will gladly accept a new contract rather then execution or slavery. Give me the pick of the prisoners and pay for the first months wages. I'll outfit them from the spoils of the battle we have over 4000 sets of equipment I'm sure I can find armor and the raw materials I need to have the smiths make weapons so long as you allow me to take whatever I need from the spoils for my men.
After that they can be paid from the spoils of war and you'll gain a force of veteran warriors to support you, let me have first pick after every battle we fight so I can bolster my men and outfit them and I'll swear an oath to serve you loyally as long as this war shall last. The swordsmen can attest to my skill at arms and that was me alone, consider the damage I can do to our enemy with a company of veteran warriors behind me. " Harvey states with all the confidence he can manage.

For a long moment Vlad is silent as he stares at Harvey, be for collapsing in to laughter, sloshing red wine from his goblet on to the floor.

Slowly realizing that Harvey is serious, he suppress his laughter and turns back to him "My god you are serious?,--clears throat--  I apologize for mocking you , here have a drink and forget about it." states Vlad, trusting a goblet wine in to Harvey's hand.

"You are clearly a ether a fool or a fantasist, but you do speak a little of the truth, we are indeed out numbered and short of men, but i cant just let you have the pick of the spoils or the prisoners, both are need to fund my army.
But i can see that your madness has an infectious quality to it, how about i make you recruiting officer, you can command any recruits you raise and will be better placed help with any special tasks i have for you." he barks an order in Romanian at one of his body guards
"Francis will see to the details, and by the way do you think trees or hills will make that view better?" Vlad tell you points at the battle field before he turns back to the half naked wench behind him.

Francis as it turns out is stocky member of vlad officer core, a foreigner hailing from burgundy, "So i am going to be come with you along with Jack here, just to make sure you don't "lose" that money." Francis states as he points to a burly brown haired man wearing a coat of plates over a forest green gambeson.

So forest or hills and what does the party do next?

-----------------
Our noble heroes
-----------------
Spoiler: Kelvin York (scapheap) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Harvey (Patrick Hunt) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jack(Spectr) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Party inventory (click to show/hide)

To do stat up Francis

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2013, 03:12:34 pm »

" It's a start I suppose, thank you my lords. May I request your 2 men remain with me in my new company? They are suitably intimidating to ensure the men remember who's in charge and since you evidently don't trust me they can report how loyal I am to you on a regular basis.

Harvey holding the pouch of coins turns and motions idly towards his 2 " helpers " and heads towards the prisoners to inspect them and slowly walks through the group stopping to briefly talk with each man in turn dismissing those who's who have not fought and won in enough battles to become hardened and disciplined.

Inspect the prisoners, find out if they are militia, doppel or higher in skill level and if they are infantry, ranged or cavalry.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 03:25:42 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The adventurers of Kelvin and Harvey a darklands stye adventure 5/6.
« Reply #67 on: November 26, 2013, 04:55:42 pm »

Harvey quickly manages you uncover the few hardened fighters in the mass of prisoner, noteing the most skilled.

Wargear is harder to come by as much of it has been loot or counted in to Vlads stores.

Harvey approaches the head guard, hopeing to persuaded him to part with some of the prisoners.

The head guard is a large man, proudly displaying a hairy and overweight chest as he hold a club in hand.
"Look it not that i cant let you  have the prisoners, it that i cant let you take the money they will bring in down the salt mine or in ransom.
If you where to "misplace" a few coins then i could "miss place" a few prisoners"
he is clearly after a bribe.

20 skilled lancers (no kit) $300
 30 skill halberds-ers (weapons only) $250
 20 pikemen (no weapons) $150
  1 Artillery master (no kit) $10

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 26, 2013, 04:58:51 pm »

((Halberdiers?))
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 26, 2013, 05:01:10 pm »

Harvey turns to Francis and Jack briefly to speak to them quietly.

"Your hear to make sure I don't lose the money so what do you think I should do? I'd like to watch him die from trying to steal from our lord but thats up to you."

(( How much would Faeblades and Glaives cost me to buy from our quartermaster and how much can I sell the Halberds for? ))
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 05:06:19 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 26, 2013, 05:16:43 pm »

(( How much would Faeblades and Glaives cost me to buy from our quartermaster and how much can I sell the Halberds for? ))
Faeblades and Glaives (throwing) are exotic weapon so the quartermaster does not have any in stock.
(Exotic weapons are only available on the roll on a 6, unless commissioned in advance.)
The Halberds aren't really your to sell and there being no real demand for them will have to taken to a market.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 26, 2013, 05:18:27 pm »

(( Hmmm ok just a couple questions then I can decide what to do.

Do any of the other prisoners have skills in exotic weaponry and 1 handed weaponry?
Can I have Faeblades and Glaive forged in the a nearby town to collect on our way past and if so how much would they cost?
Would it cost me less to buy armor for my men in the town? ))
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 06:14:26 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 26, 2013, 06:41:10 pm »

Do any of the other prisoners have skills in exotic weaponry and 1 handed weaponry?

Most of them have some 1 handed weapon skill, none of them are master swords men, but they have level 1-2 skill in 1 handed weapon skill.
Exotic weaponry skills are rarer so you will have to train them in that.

(Person level skills are not equal to unit level skills,and a unit skill is the average of there skills in that field)

Can I have Faeblades and Glaive forged in the a nearby town to collect on our way past and if so how much would they cost?
Yes it will cost:
5$ per thrown Glaive
10$ per Faeblade
The minim order is 20 items other wise priced as in the OOC price list.

Would it cost me less to buy armor for my men in the town?

it will cost you more of less the same as here, but i will have time to right the list.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 26, 2013, 06:48:07 pm »

Buy 7 Halberd men.

Send an order off for 135 glaives 54 faeblades. Buy 8 full sets of plate and sell my coat of plate pieces. Buy 7 full sets of quilted. Give each of the 7 men a set of quilted and a set of plate and take the 8th set of plate myself.

Once we pass the town give 5 glaives to each of the 7 and 2 faeblades then have the rest stored in my baggage.

As we travel train my men in the use of exotic weapons, one handed and thrown weaponry and improve physical fitness. Train them myself so I receive the training as well.

(( I'm assuming the town is near enough to collect the weapons before we run into any more battles so correct me if I'm wrong. I assumed it base on the fact that the enemy army had to be defending something. ))
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 10:56:13 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2013, 04:52:31 pm »

Harvey persuades the head guard to "loses" seven of the Halberd men at the cost of 177$.

Otto and Francis ride around the nearby towns and make perversions for your equipment.
At the cost of $8190 you buy seven sets of plate and padding, for a the weapons you have to pay the cost of $1,215.

Harvey manages to buy a set of plate armour for $300, emptying his finances and sneaking the remainder in to the armor bill.

On the march to Vlads main base, Castle Dracula you try to train them in the use of  exotic weapons, one handed and thrown weaponry.

Castle dracula stands on solitary and rocky hill top, dominating  the surrounding landscape with it black granite walls and towers.

As The men fight for a billet in the crowded halls you receive a summons from Vlad informing you of a special task.

The task is,
Spoiler:  Task C Noble rescue (click to show/hide)

I cant really do militarily any action with only 14 men.

Units
Spoiler: Faeblade men (click to show/hide)

-----------------
Our noble heroes
-----------------
Spoiler: Kelvin York (scapheap) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Harvey (Patrick Hunt) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jack(Spectr) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Party inventory (click to show/hide)

To do stat up Francis do it when needed.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 06:09:27 pm by Funk »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6