Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26

Author Topic: Let's Play MAJESTY!  (Read 29124 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play MAJESTY!
« Reply #345 on: December 05, 2013, 04:06:26 pm »

Any chance you could at least give us a list of what heroes we have in the game?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: December 05, 2013, 07:36:56 pm »

Hopefully, I'll be snagging those "bear problems" in order to bolster our defenses.  Until I learn to transform into a giant bear myself, it's best for me not to be on the front lines, he he he.

Cool fact: Cultists can "recruit" rats, at least the common variety.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: December 05, 2013, 07:38:30 pm »

Cultists can convert rats, rocs, wolves, hellbears and I think werewolves as well.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: December 05, 2013, 09:23:01 pm »

Does this mean I can finally be an elf?

Yay!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: December 06, 2013, 09:44:37 am »

Can you rename the Mausoleum to the "Orchestra Pit"? Seems appropriate, given all of the Warriors of Discord that ended up in it last game.

S'pose.  I was actually just thinking about renaming them to be various jails, considering how they're used (especially since I'll let heroes I'm particularly annoyed with sit in there for longer than strictly necessary...), but the style of the building fits in for an orchestral pit.

Any chance you could at least give us a list of what heroes we have in the game?

Yeah, I was thinking this might be a good idea.  Lets people know if I've forgotten them or not, and also allows peeps to semi-sorta keep track of how they're doing.  I was thinking a simple system with just name, class and level.  Easier for me to check than the death counts, too.

Cultists can convert rats, rocs, wolves, hellbears and I think werewolves as well.

Yep.  Also wendigo, giant spiders and rust spitters.  But, as with the priestesses, it has to occur to them that this might actually be a good idea, instead of just smacking them about like everything else.

Does this mean I can finally be an elf?

Yay!

Not just can be, you ARE an elf!  Congratulations!  You and Jack the Useless are our two resident elves.  Funnily enough, you've both been actually useful, as you keep stocking up on fire balms and then showing up to wreck the rat sieges when they show up.

Speaking of elves, GlyphGryph (like most wizards) has been spending an inordinate amount of time visiting the local elven lounge...  I guess that really is where the magic happens.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: December 06, 2013, 09:47:26 am »

Am I back?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: December 06, 2013, 10:01:51 am »

You are indeed.  You've been yelling at rats and I've had to resurrect you twice already.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 06, 2013, 10:03:32 am »

:D

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: December 06, 2013, 12:09:07 pm »

I am clearly best wizzard.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: December 06, 2013, 02:38:43 pm »

Added a roster to the first post, showing the names, types and levels of heroes currently in our kingdom, as well as the capacity of current guilds.  I'll try and keep hero levels up-to-date, but expect some latency.

Well, looks like the tables have rather violently turned...  What once was a small, near-helpless settlement beset on all sides by fiendish adversaries, has now become a thriving city with a mass of battle-hungry champions roaming the countryside in search of war and blood.

At one point, we had 6-7 rat's nests pumping out vile spawn.  Currently, there are 3.

Seeing how this round basically just started, I kinda was hoping it'd last a little bit longer than just this.  As such, I've turned the biggest raiding enthusiasts away thanks to a couple casts of Change of Heart, and started construction of a new project that should hopefully keep people occupied for a while.

The fairgrounds!  A lovely little building that's not actually that little (one of the largest buildings in the game), and which requires a max-level palace in order to be built.  And even then, once it's built it doesn't actually do anything, you need to pay the time and money needed to research tournaments in order for it to become active.

Once the research has been completed, you may select one of 5 settings for the fairgrounds.  Combat, archery, spellcasting, combo, or no tournament.  Each setting corresponds to a particular hero type (melee, ranged, magic) and will be more enticing for heroes that fall into that group ("combo" being a sort of catch-all).  Any hero can participate in any tournament, but it's weighted towards the current activities.

Tournaments are mostly useful as a means of getting your heroes to rank up outside of combat.  Participating in a tournament provides a lot of XP, particularly for low-level characters, and poses absolutely no danger for the contestants.  This makes it one of the best ways of letting gnomes get some action and pad out their HP, or giving wizards a non-lethal way of getting access to their more powerful spells.

Heroes have to pay a small fee in order to participate in any tournament, and this gets turned into tax revenue.  The winner of a given tournament, however, takes home a cash prize in addition to honor and glory and XP.  Tournaments are very popular pastimes for most heroes...

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: December 06, 2013, 02:45:56 pm »

Ah yes, the Fairground. I remember it being less useful for leveling up heroes, and more useful for absorbing their time and attention so that the map takes much, much longer to finish. Which I guess is why it's a Level 3 building, when you have time and money to build one.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: December 06, 2013, 04:08:06 pm »

Nice to see Zieg has apparently been doing his part considering he's made level 8 :)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: December 06, 2013, 06:11:59 pm »

I'd like to be a wizard when you get another one.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: December 06, 2013, 11:09:14 pm »

If I could be a Ranger, I would appreciate it. :P
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Dusky