Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26

Author Topic: Let's Play MAJESTY!  (Read 29165 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play MAJESTY!
« Reply #135 on: November 11, 2013, 04:29:49 pm »

Oh hello there, Url Shekk.

* Haspen prepares himself to die in spam of fiery missiles.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 11, 2013, 06:31:30 pm »

I'm guessing that I'm too busy robbing the settlement blind to be dying?  I'm quite happy with that, actually.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 11, 2013, 07:41:47 pm »

This sounds awesome. I really should try Majesty out some more. Bought it from GoG a while back and tinkered with it briefly before getting distracted. Glad you reminded me of it!

I will take a Hero. Preferably one of those Night Priest guys, if possible. If not, I guess a Ranger. Name him Reives.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 11, 2013, 07:57:54 pm »

...Heh, my 'Elven Kingdom' save turned into something hideous, bloated and barely functional. The main city is a huge slob of sewer entrances, with decrepit houses and dirty elven lounges around, and the outskirts are dotted with so many cementaries that there's always an undead roaming in the city, whilst various elven bungalows and rogues' guilds and few other guilds are scattered in random points of the city.

But, I have 163k of gold, so it works :D

That's for reminding me how fun Majesty 1 is, Kagus :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 11, 2013, 08:57:01 pm »

I'm just trying to prove my loyalty to this death cult so they'll let me into the advanced library. It's surprisingly painless.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 11, 2013, 09:25:20 pm »

...Heh, my 'Elven Kingdom' save turned into something hideous, bloated and barely functional. The main city is a huge slob of sewer entrances, with decrepit houses and dirty elven lounges around, and the outskirts are dotted with so many cementaries that there's always an undead roaming in the city, whilst various elven bungalows and rogues' guilds and few other guilds are scattered in random points of the city.

WHAT'S THAT ABOUT CORPSES CLOGGING THE STREETS? I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE RIVERS OF GOLD POURING FROM MY PALACE WALLS.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 11, 2013, 09:34:39 pm »

... seriously though, do extra bungalows actually do anything insofar as cash generation goes (I mean, besides reduce it 'cause of lounges and whatnot)? Isn't one enough to trigger the doubled markets and rake in ridiculous amounts of bank?

Iirc, it took me... seven days? In that deal with the devil map, to go from <8k to >100k, once everything got set up :P

Bungalow and three level 3 marketplaces, fairground or two, half dozen inns, few trade posts. Think that was most of it. Gold comes in hand over fist, it's crazy.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 11, 2013, 09:38:02 pm »

Extra bungalows just let you recruit more elves; they don't keep multiplying gold income.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 11, 2013, 10:24:26 pm »

WHAT'S THAT ABOUT CORPSES CLOGGING THE STREETS? I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE RIVERS OF GOLD POURING FROM MY PALACE WALLS.
Just gave this mode a try. Was hilarious and fun, and reminded me of rogues' hidden benefit: They respond almost instantly to most reward flags, meaning they're one of your most controllable minions.

Next time I think I'll throw rangers into the mix. The gold flow was ridiculous, but the arrow spam was the real treat in refusing to build tanks.

Extra bungalows just let you recruit more elves; they don't keep multiplying gold income.
They presumably also count as buildings for the purposes of town size and thus market income.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 11, 2013, 10:49:40 pm »

Ehn... they pull some of the gold flow back in via popping up lounges, though, which drain tax money out of the system. Your best bet for extra buildings would be, hrm. Do wizard towers count? Don't think they have a multiplier. Inns are fairly cheap, too, and generate gold besides. Dunno if statues'd do it...

Point being, going for gold I probably wouldn't make more than one bungalow, m'self. One's good/incredible, but they've got diminishing returns on 'em. One thing you might be able to do with the expansion is hire/dismiss embassy heros until you're full up on elves that way. Elven heroes, no extra lounges. A match made in incredibly wasteful heaven. Though now I'm wondering if you could, like, game it. Make a bungalow, and an outpost, hire a couple of elves, destroy the bungalow, wait for the elves to move into the outpost, rebuild the bungalow and repeat until outpost full. Eight elves, one bungalow, (hopefully) one lounge.

'Course, that's all moot when gnomes are the best of the non-humans anyway :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 11, 2013, 11:21:21 pm »

I like to build a marketplace on one side of the palace and a trading post on the other side.  It takes a building or two in between to get to the minimum distance though.

Wizards cost a lot and die easily so I don't build them until a bit late.  Rogues are the first heroes I buy because they're cheap and can loot dead enemies, and there will be some minor ones early on.

Disable routine tax collection from houses.  Houses don't produce a lot and slow down the tax collectors.  Do a one-off collection if the houses have a decent size, like 150 gold or so.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 12, 2013, 12:03:57 am »

Bloody hell I'm dying a lot...

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 12, 2013, 01:08:48 am »

So my weekend just kind of vanished when I got this game. Thanks Kagus.

Is it just me or is the sun god superior to the moon god? Solarii feel more powerful and the AOE sovereign spell has been situationally useful.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 12, 2013, 01:30:55 am »

"Dorf" me as a rogue named Hans if you would.

Also, this game is amazing. I've loved it for years, but now I remember why I loved it. :) Do you have all the expansion packs?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 12, 2013, 02:54:07 am »

Bloody hell I'm dying a lot...

Well these aren't the easy missions.

Besides if we wanted to do one where everyone dies CONSTANTLY we would do either shadowbeasts or the blackmail quest that I loathe.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26