Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26

Author Topic: Let's Play MAJESTY!  (Read 29127 times)

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
Re: Let's Play MAJESTY!
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2013, 03:39:21 pm »

This game look interesting. Simmura the Wizard signing up as soon as a squishy bearded man is useful.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2013, 03:44:39 pm »

Also, I'm afraid I couldn't fit the whole name in for the blacksmith, so it's currently just "Karkov's Trinkets".  The name field can only accept a maximum of 20 characters.
Meh, no big loss.  I didn't remember the game ever giving you that big of a space for names, so I expected it probably wasn't going to fit.  Just couldn't remember the maximum character count.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2013, 03:47:16 pm »

I'm going to change my hero choice to Sir Robin the knight, since we clearly need more meatshields on the ground. Obviously I still vote for Kolm once we reach the second palace level.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2013, 03:50:49 pm »

Dorf me as some expendable meatshield that can aspire to greatness please!
This is a blank sig.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2013, 03:58:36 pm »

This is what plague does to you, people.  Note the -2 total strength.  I suspect he's imploded in on himself.  By the way, congratulations on immediately becoming level 4, EuchreJack!  You managed to make it into the realm just in time to get safely behind the shield wall of Deathsword and Sir Haspen and start spewing bolts at filthy goblins and rat-things.

Here we see the new arrivals helping to defend the marketplace, which just lost the two defending guard towers keeping the hordes at bay.  AGAIN.

(Also, sorry Officer, but I added you in as Robin Hood before reading your latest post)

Dorf me as some expendable meatshield...
Ah, so a guardsman!  Right aw-
...that can aspire to greatness please!
Oh, right...  Well in that case, thou art gnomed!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2013, 04:13:12 pm »

Died:  EuchreJack (rogue)
Dammit.

Died: Robin Hood (ranger)
DAMMIT

Well, now that's two more residents in the crypt.  Luckily, I just barely managed to scrape together the funds to bring you both back, and just in time too because there are more goblins and ratmen attacking and-

Died: MonkeyHead (gnome)
*sigh*...

Right.  We've got two veteran knights on the frontline, a skilled rogue plinking away with his crossbow and a ranger providing extra fire support.  We should be able to deal with this latest incursion just f-

-or fuck's sake, game!

This is Wither, a status effect that usually only shows up when we cast it on people via one of the temples we can build later on.  However, as I just found out, the "random disasters" setting I foolishly selected for this scenario just decided that it was going to spew this crap all over everyone in a large area outside my palace.  The area all my heroes were currently located in.  Thanks, game.

Wither is pretty much just like plague, except it doesn't spread.

Aaand we just lost the marketplace, which is our primary source of revenue in this game.  It's also the place where heroes buy healing potions, meaning we need to get another one built ASAP.  Luckily, even debuffed, the not-so-merry band of heroes is mopping up the remaining forces.  However, I have a sneaky hunch that a new force is just over the horizon...

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2013, 04:15:31 pm »

It's like embarking in an evil resurrecting biome, only with meteor storms and random withers showing up.  Could probably do to rush the healing temple, even though I don't think you can get Krolm after it.  But at this point I'd think it's almost worth it.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2013, 04:19:36 pm »

Oh, I thoughy that we were having gold problems. Robin Hood is perfectly awesome! Go go ranger pow-

Died: Robin Hood (ranger)
DAMMIT

Oh.

Isdar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2013, 04:22:25 pm »

Ahh, Majesty, what a fun game, and the Sean Connery advisor was awesome too.

Anyway, Isdar the Rogue reporting!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2013, 04:24:38 pm »

Japa the Third has leveled up!

This is no mere standard levelup though, since Japa is a gnome and has been with us, valiantly repairing and rebuilding our settlement, for some time.  As such, he has survived (minus that one death) long enough to reach level 8.  In the expansion, gnomes received a special little buff that makes them change into a different hero type once they reach level 8.  Behold, the GNOMISH CHAMPION!

With this dapper new portrait comes a number of other bonuses, including some actual hitpoints, increased fighting skills, VASTLY increased strength and the ability to equip leather armor rather than just rags.

It's like embarking in an evil resurrecting biome, only with meteor storms and random withers showing up.  Could probably do to rush the healing temple, even though I don't think you can get Krolm after it.  But at this point I'd think it's almost worth it.

Yeah, you can't get Krolm unless he's the only one you build a temple to, period.  The only way we'd be able to get healing and then Krolm would be to build Agrela's temple, then destroy it, then build Krolm's.  It is possible, it's just quite a hassle, and expensive.

Anyways, at the moment we just need to focus on restoring our economy so we can get around to doing anything, as we're currently crippled without a marketplace.  This means that we need to stick together and work as a team in order to-

Well fuck you too.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2013, 04:32:28 pm »

Do I actually buy any armor/swords in Karkov's Metalworks (or whatever you named it).

Also, the expansion gives an extra, lvl4 armor/weapon, which are available only from robbing/destroying a lair. They get fancy names, too. I think this special level leather armour is named 'Basilisk's Scales' or something.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2013, 04:38:07 pm »

Supposedly there are actually several more levels of armor and weapons, all the way up to tier 7 (never seen it myself though).  Also, while they normally only show up from robbing or destroying lairs (and quite rarely at that), you'll find that the ones who actually wind up with the advanced tiers are the rangers, because their travels abroad can also result in them picking up advanced equipment.

And yeah, you've kitted out with a few things.  Last I checked you had tier 1 armor and a tier 2 sword, but that was quite some time ago.  I think you've got at least tier 2 on both now, since you've been hauling in some decent cash.  The main issue is just getting a spare moment to spend the stuff without having another goblin horde spatter out of the woodwork.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2013, 04:45:57 pm »

Yeah Krolm isn't worth it.

Though it is up for debate whether the Clerics or the Sisters are better for each other. Though I'll keep the reasons why to myself, I tend to talk about late metagaming early on. I'll let you explain it when it comes back.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2013, 04:58:03 pm »

It's going to be kind of hilarious if Robin Hood keeps dying every time you resurrect or reincarnate him.  He's a ranger and he's already died more than the gnome has (or just as much, I should keep better count). 

Also, bwahahah, already I am profiteering!  Later on I might see if I can wrangle you into adding my name to a couple of extra buildings, as if the chain has expanded or something.  That is, if we don't get overrun by goblins or a random dragon first.

Nightscar982

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2013, 04:59:25 pm »

Nightscar the wizard! If you could put me in as  one just whenever you get the money and  cash and time between the evil storms and crazy goblins.
In all things you were. In nothing you become.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26