Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17

Author Topic: ~International Battle Royale Federation~ Conclusion  (Read 18103 times)

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
Re: ~International Battle Royale Federation~ Match 1: Round 3
« Reply #105 on: November 24, 2013, 10:44:32 am »

Counter by heading straight into a flurry of boxer punches, hoping to catch Rat offguard with a change of tact.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 24, 2013, 12:01:27 pm »

Axe kick him in the head, then roundhouse in the ribs
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 24, 2013, 12:14:55 pm »

((It seems like who wins or loses is almost completely random, since there's a 50/50 chance of being successful with your attacks. It feels like I have no control...))

The angel stands up, gripping his lower back painfully, as he looks at Mori's approach. He narrows his eyes. "For the sake of God, and your immortal soul, I will bring you back into the fold of righteousness, even should it send us both there prematurely." He runs towards her suddenly, jumping right in front of her to slip between the ropes and slam his shoulder into her gut, letting himself get scratched if necessary, to slam her into the ground. If he could get a good hold on her, the turnbuckle could come in very handy...it was only a matter of time before God turned his favor once more upon the Angel, rather than sening him these tribulations to test his unbreakable faith.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 24, 2013, 05:32:45 pm »

((It seems like who wins or loses is almost completely random, since there's a 50/50 chance of being successful with your attacks. It feels like I have no control...))

Such is the nature of Dice-based games.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 24, 2013, 08:38:42 pm »

"HAH! YOU THINK YOU CAN PIN ME? THE ONLY THING I'VE EVER GOTTEN PINNED BY WAS A PILE OF RUBBLE AFTER AL-QAEDA BLEW UP OUR HEADQUARTERS!"

Mayhem, enraged by the feeble attempt to pin him, attempts to grab onto Brawl and slam him into the nearest corner turnbuckle.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 25, 2013, 12:20:52 am »

"HAH! YOU THINK YOU CAN PIN ME? THE ONLY THING I'VE EVER GOTTEN PINNED BY WAS A PILE OF RUBBLE AFTER AL-QAEDA BLEW UP OUR HEADQUARTERS!"

Mayhem, enraged by the feeble attempt to pin him, attempts to grab onto Brawl and slam him into the nearest corner turnbuckle.

((Wimp. You got pinned by a pile of rubble.))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 25, 2013, 02:28:23 am »

Such is the nature of Dice-based games.
This is logic I take with RtD games.

If your action is "I walk down a flight of stairs."
Then on a 1: You fall and break your neck.
On a 5: You successfully walk down the flight of stairs.

If your action is "I perform a quadruple backflip whilst dual wielding Uzis and breathing lightning from my mouth, on fire."
Then on a 1: You wretched mangle your body and die.
On a 5: You successfully look like a total badass while destroying everything in the nearby vicinity.

In both cases, you die on a 1, but one way lets you be much cooler if you succeed.
Therefore, never hold back.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 25, 2013, 01:53:16 pm »

What happens on a six?

You make a flying leap down the stairs and sprain your ankle vs. you do a pentuple backflip whilst triple wielding assault rifles and breathing lightning and acid from your mouth, with a trail of lava following you, resulting in highly corroded teeth, extreme dental bills, being sued by a circus for outdoing them, being harangued by the government for having three assault rifles and using all of them simultaneously, and finally, melting your house as well as killing both enemies and allies?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 25, 2013, 03:56:33 pm »

What happens on a six?

You make a flying leap down the stairs and sprain your ankle vs. you do a pentuple backflip whilst triple wielding assault rifles and breathing lightning and acid from your mouth, with a trail of lava following you, resulting in highly corroded teeth, extreme dental bills, being sued by a circus for outdoing them, being harangued by the government for having three assault rifles and using all of them simultaneously, and finally, melting your house as well as killing both enemies and allies?
It was very difficult to read this, as I kept laughing mid-way through.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 25, 2013, 07:32:19 pm »

What happens on a six?

((Fairly accurate, tough personally I would rate that at a seven's result.))

"Sounds weak to me."

Punch Mayhem in the gut while sweeping his legs out before elbow-dropping onto him.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 09:23:52 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 27, 2013, 09:10:00 pm »

Are we waiting for anyone?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ~International Battle Royale Federation~ Match 1: Round 4
« Reply #116 on: November 28, 2013, 12:37:46 am »

Match 1: Round 4

Arena Complex: Hailey Griffin Arena
Description: A standard Arena, a good place for newcomers. Each match takes place in a squared roped ring, with a turnbuckle at each of the four corners. Outside of the arena is a wooden floor. Falling out of the ring does not result in disqualification. The audience sits behind safety bars on metal bleachers.
Seating Per Arena: 200

Arena 1:

"HAH! YOU THINK YOU CAN PIN ME? THE ONLY THING I'VE EVER GOTTEN PINNED BY WAS A PILE OF RUBBLE AFTER AL-QAEDA BLEW UP OUR HEADQUARTERS!" Lt. Mayhem berates as both combatants stand up. Brawl shrugs, "Sounds weak to me." (8 vs. 15) Brawl goes for a solid-gut punch, only to have his arm grabbed by the military man.
With a grunt, Mayhem takes Brawl by the arm and throws him towards the turnbuckle. (12 vs. 5) Brawl goes flying into the turnbuckle, his back taking the brunt of the impact. (-7 HP) Besides getting damaged, Brawl is also backed into the corner.
-----
Lt. Mayhem - 81 HP - Brawler - 0 Respect - 0/0
VS.
Brawl - 77 HP - Brawler - 0 Respect - 0/0

Arena 2:

Momento Mori exits the ring, proceeding over to The Fallen Angel of Retribution, who has just gotten back to his feet. (20 vs. 6!) Mori seizes the Angel's face in her hands, driving her elongated nails into his flesh. It's a brutal display to say the least. (-16 HP) By the time the Angel manages to shove Momento off of him, his face is cut and bleeding from her attack. Still, in the face of such pain, he still manages to stand strong.
"For the sake of God, and your immortal soul, I will bring you back into the fold of righteousness, even should it send us both there prematurely." (20 vs. 14) The Fallen Angel of Retribution charges Momento Mori, and before she can dodge his attack, he drives his shoulder deep into her center. Scoring his first successful hit, he uses the momentum to launch her back through the ropes into the arena. (-12 HP) As they both slip through the ropes, the last thing he does is grab her limp body and place it in the corner, in preparation for his next moves.
-----
The Fallen Angel of Retribution - 56 HP - Limit Breaker - 0 Respect - 0/0
VS.
Momento Mori - 88 HP - Limit Breaker - 0 Respect - 0/0

Arena 3:

The Linguist talks to Little Red Riding Wolf about investment options. Needless to say, she isn't impressed.
In the middle of his discussion, Little Red Riding Wolf lifts her leg high into the air. (6 vs. 9) She brings her foot down onto him, but the Linguist is able to slide to safety.
-----
Little Red Riding Wolf - 100 HP - Sex Appeal - 0 Respect - 0/0
VS.
The Linguist - 84 HP - Charismatic - 0 Respect - 0/0

Arena 4:

Street Rat goes after Aye Que's bad leg with a series of kick attacks. (16 vs. 17) Aye Que manages to manage each kick with a dodge, but just barely, as Street Rat's feet constantly nick the surface of Que's pants.
Aye Que retaliates against Street Rat with a contrasting boxing style assault. (19 vs. 12) One hook smashes across Rat's face, breaking his combo, while the next connects with his jaw, and the third in the series is enough to send Street Rat to his knees. (-13 HP)
-----
Street Rat - 71 HP - Determinator - 0 Respect - 0/0
VS.
Aye Que - 64 HP - Martial Artist - 0 Respect - 0/0

Arena 5:

Frodi Tarik does not take kindly to Pontificus Nemo's words to his mother. "THE FUCK DID YOU JUST SAY ABOUT MY MOTHER I HOPE YOUR TESTES ARE CONSUMED BY A THOUSAND RABID GOATS." (8+1 vs. 13) Frodi attempts to pick Nemo up by the legs, but the Atlantian manages to kick his arms away.
Still on the floor, Nemo uses the opportunity for a leg-sweep. (4 vs. 2) He kicks Frodi in the ankle. It doesn't send him down, but it kind of stings. (-3 HP) Hey, it's something.
------
Frodi Tarik - 97 HP - Martial Artist - 0 Respect - 0/0
VS.
Pontificus Nemo CMXDXXXVIIIVI - 68 HP - Determinator - 0 Respect - 0/0

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 28, 2013, 12:45:17 am »

ACTIVATE JUMPING UPPERCUT ON THE FACE
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 28, 2013, 12:49:29 am »

HEADBUTT FIST MID-FLIGHT

CLIMB BACK ONTO RING, BE AWESOME

"The forehead is the hardest bone in your body. Use this to your advantage." --some boxing movie i've watched ages ago
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 01:05:20 am by LordSlowpoke »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 28, 2013, 01:01:14 am »

Fake a kick to Mayhem's solar plexus and go high, going for a face hit.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17